PDA

View Full Version : What the hell??? Giants worked out 3 QB's? OK... I'm lost.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-07-2012, 02:44 PM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2264353532/image_normal.jpg Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo (https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo) Hashtag fixed! RT @JennyVrentas (https://twitter.com/JennyVrentas): Giants worked out three QBs: Josh McCown, Stephen McGee and Brian Hoyer, per source. #nyg (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23nyg&src=hash)

makes zero sense...... don't understand this at all

yoeddy
09-07-2012, 02:45 PM
There were no CBs available, so they figured to try those guys instead...

NYG4lifeNYK
09-07-2012, 02:48 PM
There were no CBs available, so they figured to try those guys instead...

LOL, I thought it was a type and they meant CB's but then I saw they listed QB's

DownWitJPP
09-07-2012, 02:49 PM
could it be because our O-Line is that bad? lol

MDL
09-07-2012, 02:51 PM
A theory: Looking for a new backup when they trade Carr for OL or CB help??????

(Not sure,not even saying this could be, just posing a possibility.)

NYG4lifeNYK
09-07-2012, 02:52 PM
A theory: Looking for a new backup when they trade Carr for OL or CB help??????

(Not sure,not even saying this could be, just posing a possibility.)

I mean... doubtful. Carr wouldn't get us anyone worthwhile.

Moke
09-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Lol, what a weird tweet. I don't understand that all.

I hope someone he can clarify

GameTime
09-07-2012, 03:08 PM
maybe Carr is hurt and its not out in the media yet??
or maybe like someone else said they may have some kind of deal that invloves Carr for and OL.
What does Arizona have to offer in the way of OLs??? They need a QB thats for sure.....

BlueSanta
09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
I think it is far more likely that after seeing our oline play last week the front office is worried about the safety of our Qb's.

ALLnygIN
09-07-2012, 05:36 PM
The way Eli is going to get ripped apart due to our Oline, and how scared Carr is under pressure, trying out different options at the qb position may be a good idea. Eli's tough as nails, but this oline play is downright scary. Lets hope they get it together! I mean honestly.

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Carr must have tripped over his clipboard

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Carr must have tripped over his clipboard

I heard Hoyer was pretty decent. Actually I like this news a lot.........Carr is pretty thin insurance

gmen0820
09-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Eli got absolutely killed last night. Diehl sucked as usual. Locklear blew. Boothe looked like hell. Baas was mediocre. Snee is surrounded by ****.

We better have a backup plan for Eli, and by the looks of it, it should be deep.

And before you say "why don't we work out OL", I'm sure if there was an upgrade on the market, we'd consider it.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Maybe Carr has asked for his release after seeing the O-Line play. He is already shell shocked!

Marvelousmik
09-07-2012, 05:51 PM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2264353532/image_normal.jpg Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo (https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo) Hashtag fixed! RT @JennyVrentas (https://twitter.com/JennyVrentas): Giants worked out three QBs: Josh McCown, Stephen McGee and Brian Hoyer, per source. #nyg (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23nyg&src=hash)

did u not see carr in the preseason? with the way our offensive line is playing, chances are we need a decent backup

gmen0820
09-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Kind of funny that despite trying out three QBs, Vince Young wasn't invited!

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Maybe Carr has asked for his release after seeing the O-Line play. He is already shell shocked!

LOL.........that is the most hillarious comment I've ever read on here......spot on

Diamondring
09-07-2012, 06:22 PM
O-line played real bad but we were able to get one td within tying with Dallas, Is there something I am missing?

brad
09-07-2012, 06:24 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and follow the trade train of thought... with depth on the D-Line the Giants might be looking to package Carr and Osi for either a CB or offensive linemen. It's a stretch, but Osi will likely leave as a FA next year...

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 06:44 PM
eh, this isnt too surprising. giants have done this before. several times actually. i remember last year or the year before they brought in qbs to workout and the same type of thread was made wondering wth? i too dont understand it, but there is precedence here giants have worked out qbs in recent seasons for whatever reason.

edit-actually, Im trying to remember, I think we worked out QBs around the time we traded Sage when he was a backup IIRC...memory is shot. maybe a trade could be in the works...if its involving carr tho, i dont think it'll be for any big name type guy. prob a guy JR has some info on thats under the radar, IF we're trading

BlueBlooded1979
09-08-2012, 04:13 AM
McGee is better than Carr or Perriloux. Pretty similar player to Tannehill. Carr was pretty bad in the preseason and Perriloux wasn't good enough to beat him out.

Captain Chaos
09-08-2012, 04:17 AM
I think they are hedging their bet, they can't find linemen so they are looking to stock on Qbs

dave56dj
09-08-2012, 05:14 AM
Thurs was a regular workout day for players (usually tuesday after sunday games) and it happens throughout the season so the giants are prepared and leave no stoned unturned. Also b/c the giants and cowboys played weds they had the jump on ever other team and had a chance to look at everyone out there. Just reese doing his homework as usual - nothing to see here or read into - no one has been signed but now they have a report on all of em if they need anything later.

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Why wouldn't they bring back antwaun molden? Our CBs are dropping like flies......antwaun molden was already here over the summer and they cut him to get down to 53. Might as well bring him back.

GiantLegend
09-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Not of single one of those guys would even be an upgrade over Carr.

Someone said Vince Young, I actually like that idea alot. I think the guy still has talent and being young and mobile would give us something different.

Roswell777
09-08-2012, 07:37 AM

Someone said Vince Young, I actually like that idea alot. I think the guy still has talent and being young and mobile would give us something different.

Yes. We are sorely lacking in knuckleheadedness. And Young brings that.

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 07:45 AM

They worked out 19 players, three of whom were quarterbacks. You do realize the Giants work out players all season long, right? Did they sign a QB? no. The signed a lineman and a cornerback to the practice squad

GMENAGAIN
09-08-2012, 08:37 AM
They worked out 19 players, three of whom were quarterbacks. You do realize the Giants work out players all season long, right? Did they sign a QB? no. The signed a lineman and a cornerback to the practice squad

Exactly right . . . . nothing more than doing their due diligence so that they are prepared in the event of an injury (god forbid).

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Exactly right . . . . nothing more than doing their due diligence so that they are prepared in the event of an injury (god forbid).

What gets me is how many people honestly believe they know what's gong on inside the organization. But stuff like this is pretty well know if you have followed the team for any length of time.

Snappinnecks
09-08-2012, 11:27 AM
The way Eli is going to get ripped apart due to our Oline, and how scared Carr is under pressure, trying out different options at the qb position may be a good idea. Eli's tough as nails, but this oline play is downright scary. Lets hope they get it together! I mean honestly.
Agreed it's the first thing I thought. Tells me they have a feeling Eli is going to miss some time at some point this year.

jomo
09-08-2012, 11:31 AM
The process of continuous improvement means you look for upgrades wherever you can find them even at backup QB. Pretty logical to me actually. Now bring in about a dozen OL and keep 3 of them!

gmen0820
09-08-2012, 11:41 AM
The process of continuous improvement means you look for upgrades wherever you can find them even at backup QB. Pretty logical to me actually. Now bring in about a dozen OL and keep 3 of them!Man, if there are three guys on the street that pose any type of upgrade over what we have, we really are in big trouble.

Diamondring
09-08-2012, 11:59 AM
They are trying to find they own Tebow.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-08-2012, 02:30 PM

We didn't have that information when this topic was created, all it said was we were working out 3 CB's. Nothing about 19 players.

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 02:35 PM
We didn't have that information when this topic was created, all it said was we were working out 3 CB's. Nothing about 19 players.

But those who actually follow the organization know that almost every week they bring in players for workouts. Almost always mid-week but this week there was a game on Wednesday. We normally don't even hear about unless a media happens to be in the parking lot when someone shows up.

hugehomer
09-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Why wouldn't they bring back antwaun molden? Our CBs are dropping like flies......antwaun molden was already here over the summer and they cut him to get down to 53. Might as well bring him back.

Bring him back for what? He stinks in coverage.

TheAnalyst
09-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Maybe Eli got hurt on a play and manned through it. Wouldn't surprise me. He took some shots in that game.

NorwoodBlue
09-08-2012, 03:15 PM
With only two QB in the organization right now, it behooves the Giants to know who's available, what kind of physical shape they're in, and how their arm strength and mechanics are. If one of our QB go down, you've got to be ready to get a replacement on the practice field in 24 hours. If you've got no clue who's out there and how they might fit into your system, you're just being negligent. I assume thats all the Giants where doing. I seriously doubt they're going to cut Carr, or cut somebody else to open up a roster spot for a third QB.

Assuming Eli stays health, and Carr doesn't have to take over the team at some point, I could see this being Carr's last year with the team. So they've also got to be wieghing the options of who might be available to come to camp next year too. In the event Carr has to take over the team, he'll either sink or swim. His status for next year will be cemented at that point.

davepc
09-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Why does it confuse some of you that the GM and personnel departments are continuously judging talent and keeping notes on potential players? If you wait till AFTER somebody gets hurt to see who's the best available on the FA market, then you're doing it wrong.

Sarcasman
09-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Kind of funny that despite trying out three QBs, Vince Young wasn't invited!

It is funny (unless you are VY, I guess) but not illogical...after all, they were looking for a QB.

Sarcasman
09-08-2012, 03:45 PM

Still? I am confused by the use of that word.

Mod_C
09-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Why does it confuse some of you that the GM and personnel departments are continuously judging talent and keeping notes on potential players? If you wait till AFTER somebody gets hurt to see who's the best available on the FA market, then you're doing it wrong.

Logic has no place here :confused:

BParcells777
09-08-2012, 07:23 PM
What is ll this Carr love.........the guy is a serious mental basket case when pressured

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I heard they worked out others players too.

Drez
09-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Molden didn't even survive the first cuts. That's gotta tell you something about what we thought of him.

Drez
09-08-2012, 07:27 PM
I heard they worked out others players too.
Yeah, we brought in like 17 guys or something like that.