PDA

View Full Version : Cruz getting shredded on facebook

egyptian420
09-07-2012, 01:59 PM
So I just seen him post a picture on facebook of himself hanging out with Tyson Chandler at a fashion show and lets just say the comment section shouldn't be read by children. He's really getting his first taste of it.

moosedrool
09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
After 3 drops in one game, he better get his head back on straight. Hopefully the offseason super bowl hangover is just one game.

egyptian420
09-07-2012, 02:15 PM
I think he just had one bad game, but I can still understand why people would be mad. This isn't exactly the kind of picture they want him to share after that performance on Wednesday.

Moke
09-07-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm happy he's getting lit, and I'm happy David Wilson got lit for "crying" on the field.

They will come back hungry

Morehead State
09-07-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm happy he's getting lit, and I'm happy David Wilson got lit for "crying" on the field.

They will come back hungry
What are they lab rats?

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 02:38 PM
lmao that was crazy hey this is NY people want result no one wants to see that fashion crap after a loss I can understand why they are pissed....Victor will get back on track but this is not a good look for him.

Moke
09-07-2012, 02:41 PM
What are they lab rats?

No, but Tom Coughlin isn't yelling and lighting them up? We all know how TC is, and this is partially why the Giants went on a hot run last year. Some times, employees need a match lit under their *** for motivation.

manning to shockey
09-07-2012, 03:23 PM
i thought this comment was funny "Catch the Ball First, THEN run...then, fashion!"

jomo
09-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I think he just had one bad game, but I can still understand why people would be mad. This isn't exactly the kind of picture they want him to share after that performance on Wednesday.He hasn't had any practice at all tweeting and posting from this side of a bad performance. He's a quick study, he'll improve that and will be right back with a strong game vs. Tampa.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Cruz is still a beast week 2 if he has 150 yrds receiving people will be riding his **** again the guy can't be perfect all the time, last year Greg Jennings had like 3 drops too in that playoff game.

njg85m
09-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Saw this one coming the second he posted the picture.

TheAnalyst
09-07-2012, 03:43 PM
You know, I swore Cruz wasn't a 1 year wonder with the way he plays, but Im starting to think there is a small possibility I could be wrong.... He is getting all cover boy / Hollywood on us. I hope he gets his hunger back soon and realizes he still hasnt signed a contract yet.

Catch the ball first Cruz, then turn it up field. Don't lose your hunger and concentration!

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 03:45 PM
they were given days off, what is he suppose to do on his days off? oh thats right have a DAY OFF! smh the nerve of some people. like he is their property cause he plays for the team, he;s not suppose to enjoy his life.

gmen46
09-07-2012, 03:52 PM
What are they lab rats?

Welcome to the world of Social Media. Those (especially celebs) who live by it, "die" by it.

Napstew
09-07-2012, 03:55 PM
lmao...I saw some pictures of him at a birthday party and a few from some fashion show and knew shots were about to be fired.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 03:58 PM
You know, I swore Cruz wasn't a 1 year wonder with the way he plays, but Im starting to think there is a small possibility I could be wrong.... He is getting all cover boy / Hollywood on us. I hope he gets his hunger back soon and realizes he still hasnt signed a contract yet.

Catch the ball first Cruz, then turn it up field. Don't lose your hunger and concentration!Come on you can't be serious the dude can do what ever he wants if he catches those balls last night he has over 100 yrds and no one is saying this crap..... he has 15 games to go let's wait until week 10 at least to make that statement.

TheAnalyst
09-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Come on you can't be serious the dude can do what ever he wants if he catches those balls last night he has over 100 yrds and no one is saying this crap..... he has 15 games to go let's wait until week 10 at least to make that statement.

I'm pretty serious. I know he can do whatever he wants on his day off, but coming off a bad game on a huge national stage where he dropped some huge passes and we lost by a TD, maybe do it a little more discretely. We dont care if he is partying on the carpet with Chamndler Wilson or other celebs. And please, no more salsa.. that was last year.

I am a HUGE Cruz fan, but I'm not digging the whole hollywood thing now. Stay humble, stay hungry.

Oh, and it was embarrassing when he caught that 1st down catch and made a huge deal about it too waving his arms and showing off. It was a fist down! That is somehting we get on the Cowboys players for.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty serious. I know he can do whatever he wants on his day off, but coming off a bad game on a huge national stage where he dropped some huge passes and we lost by a TD, maybe do it a little more discretely. We dont care if he is partying on the carpet with Chamndler Wilson or other celebs. And please, no more salsa.. that was last year.

I am a HUGE Cruz fan, but I'm not digging the whole hollywood thing now. Stay humble, stay hungry.

Oh, and it was embarrassing when he caught that 1st down catch and made a huge deal about it too waving his arms and showing off. It was a fist down! That is somehting we get on the Cowboys players for. I want Cruz to do the salsa dance cause if he's doing that it means we are scoring you can't take the joy out of football, I admit not the best idea to put that picture up but I think he didn't realize the backlash he was going to get to me, the guy is always open he just has to catch the ball, he'll be fine it's something that he can correct fast. He's to fast with big play potential to a bust this year watch............trust me.

sharick88
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM
So I just seen him post a picture on facebook of himself hanging out with Tyson Chandler at a fashion show and lets just say the comment section shouldn't be read by children. He's really getting his first taste of it.

People who say stupid **** to players on their fb and twitter accounts are losers. That is all.

JB456
09-07-2012, 04:37 PM
People who say stupid **** to players on their fb and twitter accounts are losers. That is all.

Agreed. So many fans have short term memories around here. Cruz had over 1,500 yards last year on the way to a Giants Superbowl victory. He also was a beast in the playoffs. What a bunch of losers giving here shat over one bad game, the first game of the season...

GameTime
09-07-2012, 04:40 PM

Catch the ball first Cruz, then turn it up field. Don't lose your hunger and concentration!
so first you 'swore" he wasnt a 1 year wonder and now after one game and a few pics you have your doubts???

Dude.....Cruz is the real deal. He faced double teams the last 4 or 5 games and came through anyway. You dont get 1500+ yards as a flash in the pan.
Did he lose his concentration the other night?....yes he did. Thats all there is to that....end of story

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 08:32 PM
I wanted to see him benched alongside Wilson.

GMenOnDeck
09-07-2012, 08:36 PM
He started the season same way last year too

SackingMyths
09-07-2012, 08:49 PM
People have too much freedom to say dumb things to people on the internet that they'd never say to their face.

Having said that, in an odd, unintentional kinda way this could serve as a good thing if it serves to wake him up after 6 months of having his ego stroked. He seems like the kinda guy to use criticism to fuel him.

He'll bounce back. Zero doubt about that.

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 09:04 PM

Indeed. The **** I've seen directed at Steve Smith is pathetic.

NorwoodBlue
09-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Just not good timing for Victor. These guys have to be aware that the public knows the salaries they're making, and when they don't show up on the field, they damned well better not be out flaunting the wealth they get from football in the media, especially social media. The fans know that it's their money that ends up paying these guys in one way or another. The last thing they want is to have that rubbed in their faces after a bad performance. The guy plays well, and helps the team, then most fans don't have a problem with them enjoying success; but when the success is definitely lacking for the team, it's time for a little humble pie and staying out of the limelight. Victor is by far not the only one who could pay a lot more attention to this, hopefully this little butt ripping he's getting will make him get focused and earn the salary and lifestyle.

Captain Chaos
09-07-2012, 09:30 PM
This is New York Baby! You do great things and they love ya, mess up and stand by!

egyptian420
09-07-2012, 09:34 PM
I agree with you, these people are stupid. I personally would never do that.

However, I gotta say, there is no way people would talk in that manner to Eli, even after a bad performance. You know why? Because he's not taking pictures of himself on the red carpet and with a new celebrity every day. Specially not after a bad performance.

Cruz needs to learn that he plays in NY and needs to just chill on the social media stuff, at least during the football season; and especially after a terrible game and loss.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 09:37 PM

However, I gotta say, there is no way people would talk in that manner to Eli, even after a bad performance. You know why? Because he's not taking pictures of himself on the red carpet and with a new celebrity every day. Specially not after a bad performance.

Cruz needs to learn that he plays in NY and needs to just chill on the social media stuff, at least during the football season; and especially after a terrible game and loss.Remember Eli grew up around football and fame his whole life plus Cruz is still young I mean the guy comes from Patterson NJ have you ever been there, what a s*** hole

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Could someone post the picture?

fizzlesticks
09-07-2012, 09:39 PM

Cruz needs to learn that he plays in NY and needs to just chill on the social media stuff, at least during the football season; and especially after a terrible game and loss.

IMO everyone else needs to just chill and realize it's his day off and he can do whatever he wants. What's the difference if we goes and hangs out with a celebrity or sits and home on his *** watching TV? Bad performance or not, nothing he did is going to change that so it makes no difference. It's not like he needs practice catching a ball, he just had a bad day.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-07-2012, 09:39 PM
People who say stupid **** to players on their fb and twitter accounts are losers. That is all.I actually responded to him on FB and just told him, this is not who he is and the dropped passes is not who he is. BTW My member name on FB is Lawrence Taylor. So I hoped it helped! I did nothing to cuss him out like the 800 peeps prior to me. But he needs to stop acting like a model and more like a NY Giant Football Player IMO!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-07-2012, 09:42 PM
IMO everyone else needs to just chill and realize it's his day off and he can do whatever he wants. What's the difference if we goes and hangs out with a celebrity or sits and home on his *** watching TV? Bad performance or not, nothing he did is going to change that so it makes no difference. It's not like he needs practice catching a ball, he just had a bad day.Well he could go out and catch some footballs in the park, play with his son..... anything but get a big head when he might have cost us the game. I dont think he did but again who knows.....He is still entitled to relax, however relaxing is not modelling!

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 09:43 PM
I actually responded to him on FB and just told him, this is not who he is and the dropped passes is not who he is. BTW My member name on FB is Lawrence Taylor. So I hoped it helped! I did nothing to cuss him out like the 800 peeps prior to me. But he needs to stop acting like a model and more like a NY Giant Football Player IMO!
Yeah I've said things like that to them as well. They do read it - got a response out of T2 once.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Could someone post the picture?here it is, with him acting like a celeb.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/557475_10151418843863709_735187124_n.jpg

Rudyy
09-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Stop getting all bent out of shape. It's not like he shot himself in the leg..

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah I've said things like that to them as well. They do read it - got a response out of T2 once.Thats kinda cool. I know that most of the FB followers are not on this MB and I told him we were taking it all in stride. Would be cool if he actually responded to me. I do know out of the 800 responses to his comment, i only saw 2 or 3 that supported him, and I also had to put some cowpokes fans in place by IM'ing them wondering why they would even be a friend of our reciever.........HMMMMM. Lets see if they respond, I might even consider putting their names on the cowpukes MB for them to deluge.

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 09:52 PM
here it is, with him acting like a celeb.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/557475_10151418843863709_735187124_n.jpg
Cheers.

Dude's gone all Tom Brady, lucky he doesn't have much hair. :p

egyptian420
09-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Thats kinda cool. I know that most of the FB followers are not on this MB and I told him we were taking it all in stride. Would be cool if he actually responded to me. I do know out of the 800 responses to his comment, i only saw 2 or 3 that supported him, and I also had to put some cowpokes fans in place by IM'ing them wondering why they would even be a friend of our reciever.........HMMMMM. Lets see if they respond, I might even consider putting their names on the cowpukes MB for them to deluge.
I think that's what bothered me the most. All these loser a## cowboy fans who are talking smack to him. First off, why do you even have him on your facebook you lowlife? And what's even more pathetic is how some of them are laughing and taunting the Giants, acting like they just won a SB. Someone should remind them who's owned them the past few years, and who's been more sucessful in the past decade, in which they've done absolutley nothing.

theGateKeeper
09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Maybe Cruz should stop trying to be "Mr. Celebrity" or "Americas's #1 Party Animal" and go back to being a WR for the Giants? I know its tough that all of this meaningless football stuff gets in the way of his next photo op. But hey, the Giants and Giant fans are a bit funny that way. We want our WR's to catch the FREAKING BALL!!!!!

Drez
09-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Fans are oversensitive babies. Grow the eff up.

Drez
09-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Just not good timing for Victor. These guys have to be aware that the public knows the salaries they're making, and when they don't show up on the field, they damned well better not be out flaunting the wealth they get from football in the media, especially social media. The fans know that it's their money that ends up paying these guys in one way or another. The last thing they want is to have that rubbed in their faces after a bad performance. The guy plays well, and helps the team, then most fans don't have a problem with them enjoying success; but when the success is definitely lacking for the team, it's time for a little humble pie and staying out of the limelight. Victor is by far not the only one who could pay a lot more attention to this, hopefully this little butt ripping he's getting will make him get focused and earn the salary and lifestyle.
Cruz is making $490k this season. I believe that is minimum, or near minimum, salary for a 3rd year guy.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
09-07-2012, 10:24 PM
I never was a big fan of the dancing and what not and certainly what he does when he's not playing football is any of my cares but hopefully these 3 drops are just an anomaly. I do not think Cruz is ready to give up playing hard and helping the Giants win games and head in to the land of whatever off field activities he's in to just yet. And shame on these losers for having no life and giving a guy crap because they're mad at him over a football game..

CowboysSuck
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM
New York fans are no joke. Steve smith caught so much heat he deleted his Facebook haha

CowboysSuck
09-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Could be worse I gues...could have been a picture of him smoking a Newport or something...better yet, taking a bong rip Phelps style...

Giant stuck in Texas
09-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Cruz is making $490k this season. I believe that is minimum, or near minimum, salary for a 3rd year guy.

Bingo!!!!!

He has a new family to support and if he can put some extra coin in his pocket by doing photo ops and appearances, then who the **** are we to say otherwise? Let the man be a provider and keep all that negative **** off his FB page.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 10:51 PM
New York fans are no joke. Steve smith caught so much heat he deleted his Facebook haha Did he really?

RoanokeFan
09-07-2012, 10:57 PM

WTF, one bad game and the ship has sailed.

RoanokeFan
09-07-2012, 10:58 PM

He's still working under his rookie contract.

RoanokeFan
09-07-2012, 11:03 PM

Oh, and it was embarrassing when he caught that 1st down catch and made a huge deal about it too waving his arms and showing off. It was a fist down! That is somehting we get on the Cowboys players for.

We should demand that every player who misses an assignment on game day be sent to the nearest convent and cloistered until the next practice.

Drez
09-07-2012, 11:19 PM
We should demand that every player who misses an assignment on game day be sent to the nearest convent and cloistered until the next practice.
Apparently that is what players should do.

JB456
09-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I hope Cruz realizes that for every tard on facebook that talks trash after the first game of the season, there are 1000 that actually appreciate what he brings. What a bunch of loosers.

Antwuan
09-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Cruz is still a beast week 2 if he has 150 yrds receiving people will be riding his **** again the guy can't be perfect all the time, last year Greg Jennings had like 3 drops too in that playoff game.

Lol! This post is true but its funny at the same time.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 11:23 PM
It's sad really the guy who single handily turned our season around with that 99 yrd catch is getting treated like a dog and since when have fans starting to hate his endzone celebration?

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Lol! This post is true but its funny at the same time. watch his FB account next week if he has a good game and we win it will be funny as hell watching people eat their crow.

BlueBlooded1979
09-08-2012, 02:24 AM
TC made a comment about how many appearances Cruz made in the offseason and it didn't quite sound right. Apparently the message was "less time in front of the camera, more time in front of the jugs". He seems to have a bit of superstaritis now, he was trying too hard in preseason to break one and now he is looking up field before securing the catch.

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 02:37 AM
they were given days off, what is he suppose to do on his days off? oh thats right have a DAY OFF! smh the nerve of some people. like he is their property cause he plays for the team, he;s not suppose to enjoy his life.

Let me set the scene for you:

Your team is the defending superbowl champion. The owner of your teams rival is talking about how his group is going to kick your teams @ss. Brandon Carr is talking trash, saying you won't be salsa dancing on him.....Morris Claiborne is ALSO talking trash. You play the "Oh, it's not a big deal..we have to line up and play" card trying to brush their comments aside. Now it's game day......big divisional game, big rivalry game, and you know your opponent is coming for your @ss. EVERYONES WATCHING.......and you have one of your absolute worse performances to date.

Now, after all that do you think it's a wise decision to post a picture of yourself out on the town doing fashion week? The last image people have of you is a bad one.....and you want to follow that up with a picture of you not working to get better? Not smart. Yes, it's his day off.....for his image sake, he should stay out of the public eye like that. Anyone with half a brain could see the kind of blow back he'd get.

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 02:52 AM
The thing that hurts so much about those drops is the fact that 2 of the drops would have been 1st down catches. Prolonged drives.

GiantLegend
09-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Great start to the year after whining about his contract.

Show me you have another good season in you buddy before you start yapping.

Don't get me wrong, Cruz was a stud for us last season, but part of it was being a constant target, so he got alot of yards. I still think Nicks is a much better WR and would rather see him in the clutch any day.

I like Cruz and think he is a very good WR. He really helped us last year, but this is a new year. I'm not writing him off and saying he's a bum after one game, but I hate seeing it so awful in the first game of the year. A big division game, and he's dropping balls that weren't crazy hard to catch.

Cruz is repeating issues he has had in the past of dropped balls. I want him to do well, but after his first game I want to see Randle, Hixon, and Barden get some more targets. 3 drops in a game when you come off a good season and want more money is not good.

And for the record, I've always hated his endzone celebration.

Flip Empty
09-08-2012, 04:54 AM
Let me set the scene for you:

Your team is the defending superbowl champion. The owner of your teams rival is talking about how his group is going to kick your teams @ss. Brandon Carr is talking trash, saying you won't be salsa dancing on him.....Morris Claiborne is ALSO talking trash. You play the "Oh, it's not a big deal..we have to line up and play" card trying to brush their comments aside. Now it's game day......big divisional game, big rivalry game, and you know your opponent is coming for your @ss. EVERYONES WATCHING.......and you have one of your absolute worse performances to date.

Now, after all that do you think it's a wise decision to post a picture of yourself out on the town doing fashion week? The last image people have of you is a bad one.....and you want to follow that up with a picture of you not working to get better? Not smart. Yes, it's his day off.....for his image sake, he should stay out of the public eye like that. Anyone with half a brain could see the kind of blow back he'd get.
Playing for the Giants is his job. He's allowed to have a life.

BuffyBlueII
09-08-2012, 05:28 AM
You folks do realize that Victor Cruz is the same guy that after he scored a TD against NO Saints last year when we were getting blown out did not do the salsa because he didnít think it would have been right when we were getting blown out. He showed a lot of class that night.

The guy has a job and he has a life. If he wants to go out and have a good time and post pictures on his facebook account then he has a right to do so. The imbeciles that post insults toward hime are classless human beings.

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 06:43 AM
You folks do realize that Victor Cruz is the same guy that after he scored a TD against NO Saints last year when we were getting blown out did not do the salsa because he didn’t think it would have been right when we were getting blown out. He showed a lot of class that night.

The guy has a job and he has a life. If he wants to go out and have a good time and post pictures on his facebook account then he has a right to do so. The imbeciles that post insults toward hime are classless human beings.

You have to understand that fans are fickle. Many of them can only see the play in front of them and not consider the entire body of work. I think Cruz was still the leading receiver in the game despite those unfortunate drops. Of course Cruz should not have dropped three passes. Of course he needs to work on his concentration which he has admitted he has to do. And now they all feel obligated to mange his off time as though any players off time is their business.

I am surprised some of the more extreme folks on here haven't called for Cruz to be traded, or did I miss that thread?

Rat_bastich
09-08-2012, 06:50 AM
I am surprised some of the more extreme folks on here haven't called for Cruz to be traded, or did I miss that thread?

It's probably in the works as we type.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Cruz is making $490k this season. I believe that is minimum, or near minimum, salary for a 3rd year guy.Technically, this is his second year, His very first year we IR'd him, so he made 490K plus his signing bonus that year for just sitting around, Divide that by 2 and he made 735k last year and this year, I dont count the 1st year at all.

CowboysSuck
09-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Did he really?

He deleted his fan page, he still has a FB but he no longer talks much about football on it.

Put simply, he was the man with the NYG. Now nobody really cares about him.