PDA

View Full Version : Corey Webster = Superman

bklyn1028
09-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Maybe it's me, but I can't remember the last time (if any) that Corey Webster went down with an injury. I mean, TT is gone, Tryon last year with his arm, Amukamara 2 yrs in a row, now Coe.... and i'm sure there were others. Yet, (thank God) he stays healthy. Everyone else needs to have dinner with this guy every night.

Gimaniac
09-07-2012, 03:27 PM
His performance against Dallas was the worst I've ever seen him play.

bklyn1028
09-07-2012, 03:32 PM

Everyone's performance wasn't quite up to par to be honest. I hope TC hit the nail on the head when he referred to "Humble Pie". Peter King of S.I said it best, "The Giants are fine, it's only the first game."

But I hope Reese shores up the secondary, because I (God forgive me) don't think Prince is the answer. In my humble opinion I believe he's a bust, and I hope to God i'm wrong.

burier
09-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Of all the weeks to call Corey Webster Superman...

bigblue58
09-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Maybe it's me, but I can't remember the last time (if any) that Corey Webster went down with an injury. I mean, TT is gone, Tryon last year with his arm, Amukamara 2 yrs in a row, now Coe.... and i'm sure there were others. Yet, (thank God) he stays healthy. Everyone else needs to have dinner with this guy every night.

If Webster was Superman then the Cowboys spiked his gatorade with Kryptonite!

TheAnalyst
09-07-2012, 08:17 PM

Everyone forgets how bad he was pre 2007 suprbowl run. He was demoted during that season and almost cut from the team he was so bad. Last night reminded me exactly of that.

A little off here, but I was just playing Madden 2013, and the secondary of CWeb, Prince, T2 and Hosely is awesome. Prince really needs to find himself and start playing at a 1st round talent.

Roosevelt
09-07-2012, 08:20 PM

You obviously missed the beginning of his career. It's was rough to put it mildly.

appodictic
09-07-2012, 10:03 PM
You obviously missed the beginning of his career. It's was rough to put it mildly. He drafted a lot of tough assignments. A Trial by wire type thing.

Captain Chaos
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM

I remember worse, he got benched for a while...

The_ One
09-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Everyone's performance wasn't quite up to par to be honest. I hope TC hit the nail on the head when he referred to "Humble Pie". Peter King of S.I said it best, "The Giants are fine, it's only the first game."But I hope Reese shores up the secondary, because I (God forgive me) don't think Prince is the answer. In my humble opinion I believe he's a bust, and I hope to God i'm wrong.Prince will be just fine, he is still young, it took Corey Webster a couple of years to get it together, how we all seem to forget, I say by the end of the year Prince will be our best corner.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Web was essentially on an island all game, but he did make two mistakes. Double move from Ovaltine when he was in cover 3, and earlier Dez beat him off the line in a cover 1. Other than that, he played fine.

As for web never being injured, all but 2 seasons in his 7 year career he has missed at least one game. Compared to T2, Prince, and Ross I guess he is an iron man.

BurnerNYG
09-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Prince will be just fine, he is still young, it took Corey Webster a couple of years to get it together, how we all seem to forget, I say by the end of the year Prince will be our best corner.Corey Webster had Sam Madison to help coach him up and a promising looking rookie in Ross threatening his job. Prince might end up being good, might end up being a bust but we'll never know if he's always injured to start the season. I can't stand injury prone players... we should've kept Ross and let Mr Glass aka T2 walk or limp out of here.

BigBlueCrew22
09-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Everyone's performance wasn't quite up to par to be honest. I hope TC hit the nail on the head when he referred to "Humble Pie". Peter King of S.I said it best, "The Giants are fine, it's only the first game."

But I hope Reese shores up the secondary, because I (God forgive me) don't think Prince is the answer. In my humble opinion I believe he's a bust, and I hope to God i'm wrong.

i have been saying that ever since he started playing i thought when we drafted him he was the next revis but jesus i was wrong when this guy comes back it will make no difference he looks lost out their i rather have a healthy coe he was playing great and jesus at this point let hosely start who cares were not going anywhere this year im not giving up but with this secondary and this so called offensive line you are not going anywhere in the playoffs haha imagine playing san fran again lmao that game will be a joke this year at candlestick they are going to destroy us our o-line is terrible, stop drafting cb's we need to draft an offensive lineman next year it is time we should use our first 3 picks on offensive line go out in the free agency and sign a couple of decent cornerbacks.

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Web was essentially on an island all game, but he did make two mistakes. Double move from Ovaltine when he was in cover 3, and earlier Dez beat him off the line in a cover 1. Other than that, he played fine.

As for web never being injured, all but 2 seasons in his 7 year career he has missed at least one game. Compared to T2, Prince, and Ross I guess he is an iron man.

Austin beat him too. He had a pretty bad game. There wasn't a pass thrown his way that wasn't completed.

BuffyBlueII
09-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Everyone forgets how bad he was pre 2007 suprbowl run. He was demoted during that season and almost cut from the team he was so bad. Last night reminded me exactly of that.

A little off here, but I was just playing Madden 2013, and the secondary of CWeb, Prince, T2 and Hosely is awesome. Prince really needs to find himself and start playing at a 1st round talent.

I have been playing Madden13 so much since I have been on convalesant leave that I am becoming Beast at it. Yeah our secondary is pretty awesome on the game as is our pass rush. Although I have played Madden before I have never owned one till this year. I won a $50 gift certificate from GameStop and then paid the difference for the game and I am happy that I did. There is a guarantee of $36 dollar in store credit return at GameStop if returned by September 28th but I think I am going to keep this one.

BuffyBlueII
09-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Prince will be just fine, he is still young, it took Corey Webster a couple of years to get it together, how we all seem to forget, I say by the end of the year Prince will be our best corner.

Prince Amukumara will be fine.

I think Prince will be good. He played very well during post season and SuperBowl and I have faith in him. I think he will develop in to a good solid corner that will come up big during crucial times but I donít think he is going to be some type of shut down beast that will lock down his side of the field.I think Prince Amukumara will have a breakthrough when he stops putting up with JPPs bullying. He seems like a mild mannered very likable guy but I think he needs some fire and if he smashes JPP from bullying him he will get a little bit of swagger.

BuffyBlueII
09-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Corey Webster had Sam Madison to help coach him up and a promising looking rookie in Ross threatening his job. Prince might end up being good, might end up being a bust but we'll never know if he's always injured to start the season. I can't stand injury prone players... we should've kept Ross and let Mr Glass aka T2 walk or limp out of here.

I agree with you in regard to Ross. We should have kept him and let T2 walk or limp out. I think that T2 is damaged goods at this point and is going to be an injury plagued player from here on out. That is unfortunate because he had some great potential but I think that even if he does make it back strong at some point that he will never achieve the level that could have had he not lost all the developmental time when hurt.

Our secondary is a concern for us but doggone it, our offensive line is far more of a concern.

Marvelousmik
09-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Everyone's performance wasn't quite up to par to be honest.

JPP played great

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 05:08 AM
JPP played great

errr........no. couple pressures here and there and a tackle for a loss against Tyron "bumb @ss" Smith. No one on the d-line had a solid game.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 11:12 AM
errr........no. couple pressures here and there and a tackle for a loss against Tyron "bumb @ss" Smith. No one on the d-line had a solid game.

Rewatch the game, JPP was tremendous. 6 pressures on 29 pass rushes is incredible.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Austin beat him too. He had a pretty bad game. There wasn't a pass thrown his way that wasn't completed.

Disagree. Cover 3 it looks like, or perhaps cover 1. KP comes up underneath, but doesnt get depth to help out. Webster has two guys in his zone, one who goes deep, the other underneath. Websters responsibility is first and foremost the deep player. Once the ball comes out webster comes up to try to make a play, but that underneath receiver is not his primary responsibility.

Redeyejedi
09-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Rewatch the game, JPP was tremendous. 6 pressures on 29 pass rushes is incredible.He was everywhere he was forcing Romo to move constantly. Tuck and OSi didnt show up to clean it up