PDA

View Full Version : Dallas built their D for us, remember that...

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Another thing that has me more calm and level headed is that Dallas literally went out of their way to build their defense with our offense in mind. And really, it still didn't matter. If we didn't literally beat ourselves badly, that game should have been an easy victory.

The rest of the upcoming schedule, aside from Philly who like Dallas also built their D to be able to match our offense, we face teams who don't have two good starting quality corners. They were able to offset what we do with our pass game to a degree. But it still wasn't enough imho, again, those drive killing drops and horrid run game was more of a factor in the loss than their secondary, but it still was improved.

And it was game 1 so our offense wasn't even really clicking. I have no doubt that we will have a ton more success starting with TB and then Carolina, which will give the offense time to build the chemistry up. Philly and Dallas will be tougher, but still not enough imho to stop us.

Marvelousmik
09-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Another thing that has me more calm and level headed is that Dallas literally went out of their way to build their defense with our offense in mind. And really, it still didn't matter. If we didn't literally beat ourselves badly, that game should have been an easy victory.

The rest of the upcoming schedule, aside from Philly who like Dallas also built their D to be able to match our offense, we face teams who don't have two good starting quality corners. They were able to offset what we do with our pass game to a degree. But it still wasn't enough imho, again, those drive killing drops and horrid run game was more of a factor in the loss than their secondary, but it still was improved.

And it was game 1 so our offense wasn't even really clicking. I have no doubt that we will have a ton more success starting with TB and then Carolina, which will give the offense time to build the chemistry up. Philly and Dallas will be tougher, but still not enough imho to stop us.

Rob ryan wanted to blitz a lot, but unlike rex, he didnt have the corners to do so last year. this year he does. It would be naive to think dallas built that defense just to stop us only. they built that defense because it goes along with Rob ryans coaching style. he wants to send the pressure and play tight man to man.

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 03:43 PM
the cowboys organization themselves said they had to fix their backend bc of the success we were having on them. we won 5 of the last 6 vs them w their one win in that spin from Kitna in 2010...i know they didnt build it to solely defend us, but they had us on their minds when retooling their defense...and it was improved from past few years but again, if we didnt literally fumble and drop the game away, i think we win pretty easily. i know, shoulda woulda coulda with the goal line bs or the drops or the run game but still, i really felt until that midway of the 3rd we were going to win and should have been up a couple possessions. we couldnt get out of our own way...

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Rob ryan wanted to blitz a lot, but unlike rex, he didnt have the corners to do so last year. this year he does. It would be naive to think dallas built that defense just to stop us only. they built that defense because it goes along with Rob ryans coaching style. he wants to send the pressure and play tight man to man. Dude Jerry Jones said it right outta his mouth that they got those corners to beat our offense Cruz and Nicks had over 550 yards last year in Two games against Dallas If they win both games last year you think they get rid of Newman and move up in the Draft, I don't think so.

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 04:05 PM
You generally have your division rivals in mind when building your teams... you DO have to face them twice a year.

moosedrool
09-07-2012, 04:07 PM
It's a passing league...if you can't stop the pass, you lose. Kudos to Dallas for spending their salary cap money wisely.

I wish we spent the TT money on OL. But kudos to Reese for signing Bennett and trading for Rivers.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 04:12 PM
It's a passing league...if you can't stop the pass, you lose. Kudos to Dallas for spending their salary cap money wisely.

I wish we spent the TT money on OL. But kudos to Reese for signing Bennett and trading for Rivers. To me the corners that Dallas got have yet to be seen if it was money well spent I'm not sold on Carr and Claiborne yet we did show a lot of rust.

Marvelousmik
09-07-2012, 04:22 PM
the cowboys organization themselves said they had to fix their backend bc of the success we were having on them. we won 5 of the last 6 vs them w their one win in that spin from Kitna in 2010...i know they didnt build it to solely defend us, but they had us on their minds when retooling their defense...and it was improved from past few years but again, if we didnt literally fumble and drop the game away, i think we win pretty easily. i know, shoulda woulda coulda with the goal line bs or the drops or the run game but still, i really felt until that midway of the 3rd we were going to win and should have been up a couple possessions. we couldnt get out of our own way...

i feel your pain bro, trust me. That loss hurts me just as much as it hurts you, but in all honestly dallas was the better team. if it were just metal errors i'd understand. But they won the physical battle.

Marvelousmik
09-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Dude Jerry Jones said it right outta his mouth that they got those corners to beat our offense Cruz and Nicks had over 550 yards last year in Two games against Dallas If they win both games last year you think they get rid of Newman and move up in the Draft, I don't think so.

Last year their secondary was their weakness on defense. This year they upgraded the secondary. We werent the only team smoking them with the passing attack. I believe he had us in mind, But like i said, if you look at it from a more general and broad standpoint, it would be naive to think they upgraded their secondary because of us only. The eagles were exposing them last year also

Jet-Blue
09-07-2012, 04:27 PM
You generally have your division rivals in mind when building your teams... you DO have to face them twice a year.

Exactly! All you need to do is win your Division. Learn how to beat the 3 other teams on a consistant basis and you'll be in the playoffs every year.

jomo
09-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Last year their secondary was their weakness on defense. This year they upgraded the secondary. We werent the only team smoking them with the passing attack. I believe he had us in mind, But like i said, if you look at it from a more general and broad standpoint, it would be naive to think they upgraded their secondary because of us only. The eagles were exposing them last year alsoTruth......

JayMillah
09-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Pretty dumb to take what Jerry says seriously. We face the Saints, Eagles 2x, Giants 2x, Falcons, Panthers, Steelers, Falcons, Bears.

We did not just build this for "you".

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Pretty dumb to take what Jerry says seriously. We face the Saints, Eagles 2x, Giants 2x, Falcons, Panthers, Steelers, Falcons, Bears.

We did not just build this for "you". Well that's what your big mouth owner said.

gmen46
09-07-2012, 04:35 PM

I agree with your assessment, as far as it goes, with some of what went wrong in that game. There is plenty of blame to go around, on both sides of the ball, for why the Giants lost. But, for me, the lions' share goes to the defensive back end in the second half. It allowed way too many big plays--from both the passing and running game. They made Romo look like Rodgers, Brees, or Brady. That's what ultimately killed us. And the failure of our defense to stop the first down conversion at the 2 minute warning was the final nail (because if Eli had 2 minutes to drive for a tie, I had complete faith he would have). That has to change when Prince gets back to full health. Also, Webster had a career lousy game, but I believe that will change.

As for Dallas' goals in FA and the draft this year, you're correct imo. It is a general rule of thumb for most teams that in order to win it's division it must defeat the division's best team, so drafting, trading, and/or FA moves to counter its division rivals is not unusual.

JayMillah
09-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Well that's what your big mouth owner said.
Tell me how getting two good corners is only planned for 2 games when you face several high powered offenses this year? Enlighten me.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Tell me how getting two good corners is only planned for 2 games when you face several high powered offenses this year? Enlighten me. 567 yrds between two WRs maybe I don't know ask you hick owner and to say Cruz and Nicks had nothing to do with it is ridiculous.

JayMillah
09-07-2012, 04:42 PM
567 yrds between two WRs maybe I don't know ask you hick owner and to say Cruz and Nicks had nothing to do with it is ridiculous.
OF COURSE it had something to do with it. Saying it's the SOLE reason is not.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 04:46 PM
OF COURSE it had something to do with it. Saying it's the SOLE reason is not. Are we really going to go back and forth about this I never said you were wrong but I guarantee you we were the main reason why he did it. So offensive... calm your bruised ego you won the game on Wednesday you should be happy.

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Lets see. Nicks was hobbling around out there, The Prince was in the tub, Ojomo was not activated.......Osi got his money and is on a 1 year vacation.....Baas could well be the NFL's worst center, Correy Webster played like Corrine Webster. Cruz forgot you have to catch the ball before running with it. Justin Tuck is back in his funk. Coe picked the worst time to have a Hammy in NFL history. Fewell was game planning for a drop back QB

David will now have to carry the ball high to bed with him. Eli continues to look lackluster. DeMarco Murry ran like he was facing Bergen Catholic

We only go in the shotgun when forced to............the last time we ran a screen Alex Webster gained 22yds

Hey our kickers had a great night......looking for small victories here

need I go on and on or have you had enough

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Lets see. Nicks was hobbling around out there, The Prince was in the tub, Ojomo was not activated.......Osi got his money and is on a 1 year vacation.....Baas could well be the NFL's worst center, Correy Webster played like Corrine Webster. Cruz forgot you have to catch the ball before running with it. Justin Tuck is back in his funk. Coe picked the worst time to have a Hammy in NFL history. Fewell was game planning for a drop back QB

David will now have to carry the ball high to bed with him. Eli continues to look lackluster. DeMarco Murry ran like he was facing Bergen Catholic

We only go in the shotgun when forced to............the last time we ran a screen Alex Webster gained 22yds

Hey our kickers had a great night......looking for small victories here

need I go on and on or have you had enough I agree with everything you said but Eli being lackluster how can he do anything with our o-line and wrs' dropping balls that hit them right between the #s. He's the only one that showed up in that game it's not like he was throwing ints all night.

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 04:51 PM
OF COURSE it had something to do with it. Saying it's the SOLE reason is not.
no one said it was soley for us. i said our offense was def on ur guys minds when retooling ur defense and ur owner said the same so...>

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Smh. No team builds a defense to counter one team. its a passing league more teams are airing the ball out, couple that with the fact that the Dallas secondary has been horrid for years and not just last year. it is a no brainer that they were going to upgrade corner at some point. to think that it was solely for this team or just this division is....i dont even know what to call that.

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Well Eli's lackluster is still pretty good........he had a career year last year but started off slow in DC

YOU agree with me the last ime we threw a screen Alex Webster gained 22 yds?? I believe it as 18 LOL

Phil used to throw some screens but he put too much mustard on them and the receivers could not handle them.........I loved the old Webster screens
Screens are a football art form but Coughy does not like "sneeky football" he has no Poker in him

We sent all our screen pass plays to the football hall of fame, and NFL films years ago....too bad because Bradshaw and Wilson are perfect for screens

BlueSanta
09-07-2012, 04:57 PM
I do not agree that Dallas built their D around stopping us.

The Giants were, in the past, always good at exploiting the holes in their defense. So were many other teams. The Cowboys spent the offseason trying to address those holes, that is all.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Smh. No team builds a defense to counter one team. its a passing league more teams are airing the ball out, couple that with the fact that the Dallas secondary has been horrid for years and not just last year. it is a no brainer that they were going to upgrade corner at some point. to think that it was solely for this team or just this division is....i dont even know what to call that.no one said it was just saying that we were a major factor in them changing it Jerry said it himself.

JayMillah
09-07-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree with everything you said but Eli being lackluster how can he do anything with our o-line and wrs' dropping balls that hit them right between the #s. He's the only one that showed up in that game it's not like he was throwing ints all night.
I even disagree with him being lackluster. Not his fault Cruz dropped 3 balls that were right in the numbers.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:03 PM
I even disagree with him being lackluster. Not his fault Cruz dropped 3 balls that were right in the numbers. ummm that's what I said didn't I????

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Eli had a very very frustrated look on his face........He was fuming on the sidelines watching our D get raped

This is where Easy Eli is at a disadvantage.........If i were him I would have gone to Tuck, Osi and Webster and read them the riot act......

If not him then Coughlin and Fewell......someone should have called those guys out for sleepwalking

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 05:07 PM
no one said it was just saying that we were a major factor in them changing it Jerry said it himself.
He said that cause he knew he was opening the game against us, but he also knew he has to deal with multiple other teams that have dual receiver threats and a QB. Its a stupid thought and a poor attempt to try to justify a loss. we lost the whole team lost, they were better than us stop lloking for excuses like the Dallas cowboys built their defense to stop us. thats just stupid!

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 05:08 PM
I even disagree with him being lackluster. Not his fault Cruz dropped 3 balls that were right in the numbers.
one of those balls was behind cruz

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 05:10 PM
How about Bennett???..........does he get a pass for not laying out for that slightly overthrown pass

Ballard would have and many times did give up his body and lay out for passes

JayMillah
09-07-2012, 05:11 PM
How about Bennett???..........does he get a pass for not laying out for that slightly overthrown pass

Ballard would have and many times did give up his body and lay out for passes
That's Bennett for you, trust me, I've seen it happen time and time again.

JayMillah
09-07-2012, 05:11 PM
He said that cause he knew he was opening the game against us, but he also knew he has to deal with multiple other teams that have dual receiver threats and a QB. Its a stupid thought and a poor attempt to try to justify a loss. we lost the whole team lost, they were better than us stop lloking for excuses like the Dallas cowboys built their defense to stop us. thats just stupid!
Thank you..

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:17 PM
He said that cause he knew he was opening the game against us, but he also knew he has to deal with multiple other teams that have dual receiver threats and a QB. Its a stupid thought and a poor attempt to try to justify a loss. we lost the whole team lost, they were better than us stop lloking for excuses like the Dallas cowboys built their defense to stop us. thats just stupid! How is this stupid it's g420 opinion which he never said it was the only reason he simply statement it was one of the reason and a big one, he's not looking for excuses everyone knows Dallas won..so what are you talking about sounds like to me your just trying to stir s*** up. Everything he said is spot on do you not agree?? I certainly do.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:19 PM

Ballard would have and many times did give up his body and lay out for passes nit picking Eli threw a bad ball the guy was our best blocker and caught a TD. Bennett did fine and will be huge for us this year.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Thank you.. Thank you what.... that your owner said someone that had some truth to it?

Dwinsballgames
09-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Dude, we did not beat ourselves. You sound like Clay friggin Mathews. Dallas beat us fair and square. get over it and move on with your life.

JayMillah
09-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Thank you what.... that your owner said someone that had some truth to it?
Which is exactly right, you're making it sound like Carr/Clai were solely for the Giants.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Dude, we did not beat ourselves. You sound like Clay friggin Mathews. Dallas beat us fair and square. get over it and move on with your life. You clearly don't get what the op is trying to say. He gave them credit he said they were a better team.

Diamondring
09-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Dallas also was due for a win.

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm not ready to declare Dallas a better team. They are not dogmeat but they wanted it much more.........we played like we had a SB hangover

I think its a 16 game season, and frankly if Tryon does not give up a 3rd and 30 TD (play off your man a bit moron), and a 13 yd 1st down I think we still would have beaten them

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Which is exactly right, you're making it sound like Carr/Clai were solely for the Giants. I said they got got em for us is probably the biggest reason yes..... cause in week 17 Cruz and Nicks abused you guys knocking you out of the playoffs and I simply said if that doesn't happen and you win do you think Jerry would have been so eager to move up in the draft.It's not like you defense was terrible last year I think they were 14th ranked D so yeah I think we were the biggest reason but not the only one. You make it sound like we had nothing to do with it.

GameTime
09-07-2012, 05:33 PM
the Cowboys secondary stunk they would have upgraded that postion no matter what...

they played a more complete game the other night.....period.

BParcells777
09-07-2012, 05:37 PM
the Cowboys secondary stunk they would have upgraded that postion no matter what...

they played a more complete game the other night.....period.

That kind of sums it up......they wanted it, while we went through the motions

I never ever want to hear another pep talk from Tuck until he can lead by example......Osi was in the tunnel counting his 5 million

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 05:38 PM
How is this stupid it's g420 opinion which he never said it was the only reason he simply statement it was one of the reason and a big one, he's not looking for excuses everyone knows Dallas won..so what are you talking about sounds like to me your just trying to stir s*** up. Everything he said is spot on do you not agree?? I certainly do.
I didn't read G420's opinion he is blocked so i have no idea what he said, i am going off of the responses or agreement to the title of the thread which states.
"Dallas built their D for us." you gameplan every week for the next opponent, you draft to sure up weaknesses or to get needs, are you telling me that Dallas didn't need a corner from them getting torched last year? not just by us but collectively? it was their weakest position Mike jenkins was the only sure thing on that unit and he was a above average corner.
and whats this stiring **** up stuff? who cares man my day continues if someone disagrees with me, i have bigger things to worry about than who has my side on a message board, this is purely recreational for me i don't live by it.
it is a stupid thought and an attempt at trying to justify a loss. to say well they built their defense to stp our offense that why this loss happened is trying to justify a loss. and a fail attempt at it

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:39 PM

they played a more complete game the other night.....period. Yeah you can't say they get Claiborne if they win that week 17 matchup and and win a playoff game then they are picking at 25 or so. Everyone has said Cowboys won fair and square.

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah you can't say they get Claiborne if they win that week 17 matchup and and win a playoff game then they are picking at 25 or so. Everyone has said Cowboys won fair and square.
really?
can i ask you a question how long have you been watching football? i am not trying to question your fan hood or knowledge i just want to know so i can apporach a debate with you without offending you.

GameTime
09-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah you can't say they get Claiborne if they win that week 17 matchup and and win a playoff game then they are picking at 25 or so. Everyone has said Cowboys won fair and square.
while you are right and their draft status would have been dif they still needed to upgrade the secondary and with Clairborn or whom ever they would have upgraded.....

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 05:43 PM
while you are right and their draft status would have been dif they still needed to upgrade the secondary and with Clairborn or whom ever they would have upgraded.....

no need to debate this sums everything i would of said

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:47 PM
I didn't read G420's opinion he is blocked so i have no idea what he said, i am going off of the responses or agreement to the title of the thread which states.
"Dallas built their D for us." you gameplan every week for the next opponent, you draft to sure up weaknesses or to get needs, are you telling me that Dallas didn't need a corner from them getting torched last year? not just by us but collectively? it was their weakest position Mike jenkins was the only sure thing on that unit and he was a above average corner.
and whats this stiring **** up stuff? who cares man my day continues if someone disagrees with me, i have bigger things to worry about than who has my side on a message board, this is purely recreational for me i don't live by it.
it is a stupid thought and an attempt at trying to justify a loss. to say well they built their defense to stp our offense that why this loss happened is trying to justify a loss. and a fail attempt at itReally your day continues doesn't sound like it.... like I said before NO ONE IS MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE GIANTS we all know they lost the game people were just saying they were not impressed with their upgrades they made to stop our and wr's and WHY???Then a cowboy fan came in here all butthurt and said you guys weren't the only reason why we upgraded when people were simply saying what Jerry said which was the Giants torched them last year and they were one of the main reason why we upgraded, which cannot be denied. That's all.

Ntegrase96
09-07-2012, 05:47 PM
no one said it was soley for us. i said our offense was def on ur guys minds when retooling ur defense and ur owner said the same so...>

You may have not meant it, but I think if you re-read your original post you may understand why everyone took it that way.

... I sounded like an elementary teacher just now.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:53 PM
while you are right and their draft status would have been dif they still needed to upgrade the secondary and with Clairborn or whom ever they would have upgraded..... I said I don't think they get rid of Newman if they did that....but doesn't mean they don't upgrade I still think they get Carr and go a different route in the draft just mho.

BuffyBlueII
09-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Hey folks, lets get something straight here. We didn’t beat ourselves. Dallas Cowboys came out and flat out beat us. We don’t make excuses here, we are not Green Bay Packers fans. We give credit where it is due. Dallas Cowboys were the better team the other night and the better team won. Plain and simple. We will adjust and I am sure they will too. I am not surprised becuase they addressed serious needs they had we did not address out most serious need and that is our offensive line. Dallas Cowboys exploited that just as they exploited our weak secondary. They took a page out of our book and kept the ball out of Eli Mannings hands. When a team wins TOP against us and makes sure Eli is not in a position at the end of the game to tie or win then we are a much different team and it showed on Wednesday night. Our defense gave up a TD on a 1st and 30 and that is inexcusable.

We are NY Giants fans and we don’t make excuses like Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49er fans do. Lets remember that next time someone even thinks about posting how we “beat ourselves."

I bELIeve.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 05:57 PM
You may have not meant it, but I think if you re-read your original post you may understand why everyone took it that way.

... I sounded like an elementary teacher just now.Another thing that has me more calm and level headed is that Dallas literally went out of their way to build their defense with our offense in mind .by "g420" that hardly sounds like he's saying it was soley for our offense.

Ntegrase96
09-07-2012, 06:00 PM
I said I don't think they get rid of Newman if they did that....but doesn't mean they don't upgrade I still think they get Carr and go a different route in the draft just mho.

There was a bit more to getting rid of Newman. He looked awful in a few other games than just the Giants game... the Giants game was just the final nail in his coffin.

Newman actually started off his year playing pretty well. However, after the thanksgiving game against Miami, it was apparent Newman could not be a reliable number 1 or 2 and especially could not play the slot. So why keep him around for 8 million? (I think that figure is right). Cutting him removed 6 million from the cap space (or at least only 2 million went toward newman) , and as you know our cap space was limited this year by sanctions.

Newman just fell into the same category as Marion Barber, Leonard Davis, Andre Gurode, Flozell Adams Bradie James, Keith Brooking, etc... basically really expensive old guys who couldn't hold their own.

The team is going through a youth movement.

BuffyBlueII
09-07-2012, 06:00 PM
It came out of Jerry Jones mouth. I would think that the reason would be that Eli was really able to exploit Dallas Cowboys last year and what Jerry Jones probably meant was that he built the defense us being the example of how much success we had. Of course he built it to stop other teams and he figured that if it could stop our passing attack then it could stop anyone’s. Heck, it sounds plausible because we have the best QB in NFC. Why not try and build your defense around trying to stop him.

Ntegrase96
09-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Another thing that has me more calm and level headed is that Dallas literally went out of their way to build their defense with our offense in mind .by "g420" that hardly sounds like he's saying it was soley for our offense.

Don't forget this part...

Title: "Dallas built their D for us, remember that..." (proper use of an ellipsis, btw, very nice).

"...aside from Philly who like Dallas also built their D to be able to match our offense..."

He never used the word 'solely', but I can see how people would infer the same meaning.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:07 PM
really?
can i ask you a question how long have you been watching football? i am not trying to question your fan hood or knowledge i just want to know so i can apporach a debate with you without offending you. Yes I am a football fan and 1st most a Giants fan what's wrong with what I said? Like you said your opinions don't make sense to me either so would you like me to start being condescending to eveything you said.... you have made comments on a post you can't even see so what's that say about you buddy?

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Another thing that has me more calm and level headed is that Dallas literally went out of their way to build their defense with our offense in mind .by "g420" that hardly sounds like he's saying it was soley for our offense.
what does the title of the thread say?
read between the lines here.
he's more calm about the loss because dallas built their defense to stop or they built their defense using the mold of our offense like all the other 32 teams run the same offense we run of have the sme personnel. this is just sigh* can someone find a proper word for me to call this?
i don't understand this train of thought outside of two things
1. its an excuse to make the loss less disheartening, or "it couldn't of been that we sucked last night, it had to of been how they prepared for us more than anyone else; since the draft!"
2. its a fail attempt at trying to reason why we lost
your entitled to your opinion but when you starting saying stuff like well if they didn't lose to us they would of kept newman and not drafted a Corner in the draft or bring in a free agent.
the reason why i asked you how long you watched football and not just the giants is cuase if you watched football you would of known that newman has been declining for over 2 years now and that dallas secondary has been suspect for longer than that.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Don't forget this part...

Title: "Dallas built their D for us, remember that..." (proper use of an ellipsis, btw, very nice).

"...aside from Philly who like Dallas also built their D to be able to match our offense..."

He never used the word 'solely', but I can see how people would infer the same meaning. Then he goes on to explain what he meant and anyone that can read should be able to understand that don't you think? I not being condescending to you but didn't you get what he meant I did after I read the whole entire thing rangeref or what ever has him blocked so he can't read everything so it makes no sense where his points are coming from.

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 06:13 PM
this is whats wrong with your quote.
even if they won and went into the playoffs, they would of still upgraded the CB position, it has been a weak spot for them for a couple of years now. if you watch football and not just giants games like alot of football enthusiast do you would of know that CB's in dallas was were a weak position.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:17 PM
what does the title of the thread say?
read between the lines here.
he's more calm about the loss because dallas built their defense to stop or they built their defense using the mold of our offense like all the other 32 teams run the same offense we run of have the sme personnel. this is just sigh* can someone find a proper word for me to call this?
i don't understand this train of thought outside of two things
1. its an excuse to make the loss less disheartening, or "it couldn't of been that we sucked last night, it had to of been how they prepared for us more than anyone else; since the draft!"
2. its a fail attempt at trying to reason why we lost
your entitled to your opinion but when you starting saying stuff like well if they didn't lose to us they would of kept newman and not drafted a Corner in the draft or bring in a free agent.
the reason why i asked you how long you watched football and not just the giants is cuase if you watched football you would of known that newman has been declining for over 2 years now and that dallas secondary has been suspect for longer than that. I know what the thread said but you have to take the whole thing into context which you didn't that is your opinion fine... I'm not going to go back and forth with you cause you simply don't understand and I don't understand you. NO ONE has made excuses for the Giants loss he said if they did some stuff better we would've won which is true. Then went on to say I don't play the would've, should've stuff so give credit to Dallas where it's do.

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Then he goes on to explain what he meant and anyone that can read should be able to understand that don't you think? I not being condescending to you but didn't you get what he meant I did after I read the whole entire thing rangeref or what ever has him blocked so he can't read everything so it makes no sense where his points are coming from.
it seems you have a problem with me i am going off of the title which says it all and i don't need to read anything more. excuses not matter how they are presented are that excuses, you can try to fluff it all you want but once you start off a statement, or conversation with a point! thats what leads that point. for example i can talk to you and say "eli looked horrbile last night." your not trying to hear my reasoning you already heard my lead point going into that debate or discussion.
i am sorry i rub you and your friend the wrong way it is just a message board we are all entitiled to a ridiculous thought every now and then.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:20 PM
this is whats wrong with your quote.
even if they won and went into the playoffs, they would of still upgraded the CB position, it has been a weak spot for them for a couple of years now. if you watch football and not just giants games like alot of football enthusiast do you would of know that CB's in dallas was were a weak position.Obviously you didn't read this one here you go "I said I don't think they get rid of Newman if they did that....but doesn't mean they don't upgrade I still think they get Carr and go a different route in the draft just mho".

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:23 PM
it seems you have a problem with me i am going off of the title which says it all and i don't need to read anything more. excuses not matter how they are presented are that excuses, you can try to fluff it all you want but once you start off a statement, or conversation with a point! thats what leads that point. for example i can talk to you and say "eli looked horrbile last night." your not trying to hear my reasoning you already heard my lead point going into that debate or discussion.
i am sorry i rub you and your friend the wrong way it is just a message board we are all entitiled to a ridiculous thought every now and then. He's not my friend... don't even know him but I just agree with his OPINION over yours that's all. No hard feeling towards you or anyone else.

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Really your day continues doesn't sound like it.... like I said before NO ONE IS MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE GIANTS we all know they lost the game people were just saying they were not impressed with their upgrades they made to stop our and wr's and WHY???Then a cowboy fan came in here all butthurt and said you guys weren't the only reason why we upgraded when people were simply saying what Jerry said which was the Giants torched them last year and they were one of the main reason why we upgraded, which cannot be denied. That's all.

do urself a favor and just ignore him. he constantly tries to make himself feel superior. I read when u qouted him that "the opinion is stupid", yet he admits to not even reading the opinion, LMFAO. to me, that is the definition of an idiot.and besides, he clearly doesnt even grasp the idea. no one at least im not trying to make an excuse. Dallas was the better team. But there were factors involved, and Dallas did upgrade their team with a lot of focus on us. It worked. Barely. But I do thank you for questioning why a person would behave like rainier did, bc the way he acts, its deserved. but like i said, better to just ignore him.

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Yes I am a football fan and 1st most a Giants fan what's wrong with what I said? Like you said your opinions don't make sense to me either so would you like me to start being condescending to eveything you said.... you have made comments on a post you can't even see so what's that say about you buddy?
my bad i didnt read thru the thread, u made the point i was trying to make to u

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Obviously you didn't read this one here you go "I said I don't think they get rid of Newman if they did that....but doesn't mean they don't upgrade I still think they get Carr and go a different route in the draft just mho".

obviously you didn't read your own quote, you didn't say anything about newman i and rebuttling to you saying "Yeah you can't say they get Claiborne if they win that week 17 matchup and and win a playoff game then they are picking at 25 or so." i say they still upgrade to a CB in the draft could of been dre kirkpatrick, they still let go of newman if you want to bring that up; he was getting torched long before that giants game and he had a huge contract. the cowboys secondray was due to upgrade long before this season.

look dude i have not problem with your train of thougt, but if you start of a thread saying Dallas built their D for us, it comes off as making exuses, if it was vice versa you would be torching some cowboys fans for saying giants built their defense to stop the cowboys offense. the Op is being hypocritical in his assesment and you agreeing with it makes you an accomplice to that train of thought. and this is not condescending this is debating embrace it; its what a message board is for, no one is trying to come off as high and mighty or superior its just arguing points, when you start indirectly attacking saying things like you think your a know it all or your being condescending or superior you are somewhat admitting your arguements for your claim lack validity or you can support it any further thanyou have so i'm gonna chalk it up to you just being an ignoramus and not understanding where i am coming from.

but your right i didn't read his stuff but i read the other stuf and that what i was responding too.

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 06:32 PM
I know what the thread said but you have to take the whole thing into context which you didn't that is your opinion fine... I'm not going to go back and forth with you cause you simply don't understand and I don't understand you. NO ONE has made excuses for the Giants loss he said if they did some stuff better we would've won which is true. Then went on to say I don't play the would've, should've stuff so give credit to Dallas where it's do.

lol it really is pointless. he's smarter than u and has a better opinion of something he is clueless about...which is why i blocked him the first place bc of his misguided opinions on Rivers and Bennett, whom he claimed JR made a horrible decision with trading for rivers (sure looks that way LMFAO) and that bennett has "poor work ethic, is lazy, and needs to regrow as a different player" bc he responded to a thread about bennetts workout schedule video (whic he admitted he didnt watch) just like he has responded in this thread.
i was lmfao so bad. he is this great football expert, who got it COMPLETELY wrong about rivers and bennett.

dallas won. better team. the built that team with our offense on their mind. When we start clicking and get in a groove, I believe we can beat dallas soundly. imho we shoulda wed night, just wasnt to be

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:33 PM
do urself a favor and just ignore him. he constantly tries to make himself feel superior. I read when u qouted him that "the opinion is stupid", yet he admits to not even reading the opinion, LMFAO. to me, that is the definition of an idiot.and besides, he clearly doesnt even grasp the idea. no one at least im not trying to make an excuse. Dallas was the better team. But there were factors involved, and Dallas did upgrade their team with a lot of focus on us. It worked. Barely. But I do thank you for questioning why a person would behave like rainier did, bc the way he acts, its deserved. but like i said, better to just ignore him. no problem when I agree with someone opinions I try to explain to the other person what they meant. I just thought it was weird how he was trying to make points without reading your post..didn't make sense to me.

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 06:37 PM
no problem when I agree with someone opinions I try to explain to the other person what they meant. I just thought it was weird how he was trying to make points without reading your post..didn't make sense to me.
he was trying to (without realizing i too blocked him) to rile me up. he has a history with me for some strang reason, prob bc of rivers and bennett lol, but i certainly dont go around calling things an idiot or stupid if i dont even inform myself on the subject. he saw i made a thread, felt he could read the title and then say im an idiot or whatever it was he was trying to do...which comically backfired on him. eh, its over.

i do wonder tho about ur points, but at this point, they do have claiborne and did draft him. i think we should have exploited the bennett/3rd wr matchups a bit more. dallas seemed to leave them with favorable coverages when they were trying to bracket cruz...i dunno if they tried doubling nicks all that much. need to rewatch that

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
obviously you didn't read your own quote, you didn't say anything about newman i and rebuttling to you saying "Yeah you can't say they get Claiborne if they win that week 17 matchup and and win a playoff game then they are picking at 25 or so." i say they still upgrade to a CB in the draft could of been dre kirkpatrick, they still let go of newman if you want to bring that up; he was getting torched long before that giants game and he had a huge contract. the cowboys secondray was due to upgrade long before this season.LOOK MAN I said that is your opinion FINE how do you know if Bengals were willing to trade with Dallas so they could get Dre you don't know that and quite frankly I don't think they would...then what CB is on the board after that you gotta start taking everything into account I'm done bro that's what you think.. I think your wrong PERIOD!!

pino
09-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Not just to beat us, but to beat anyone in the league. The NFC East is especially loaded now that RGIII is leading the Redskins. Corners mean more now than ever, that's why I was loving the Hosley pick as soon as it was announced. It just sucks that we can't get a break in our injuries.

Moving forward, I'm not too concerned about the Cowboy game. It's the first week. We came out flat. Lots of veterans making silly technical mistakes, but they are vets. They will adjust.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:45 PM
he was trying to (without realizing i too blocked him) to rile me up. he has a history with me for some strang reason, prob bc of rivers and bennett lol, but i certainly dont go around calling things an idiot or stupid if i dont even inform myself on the subject. he saw i made a thread, felt he could read the title and then say im an idiot or whatever it was he was trying to do...which comically backfired on him. eh, its over.

i do wonder tho about ur points, but at this point, they do have claiborne and did draft him. i think we should have exploited the bennett/3rd wr matchups a bit more. dallas seemed to leave them with favorable coverages when they were trying to bracket cruz...i dunno if they tried doubling nicks all that much. need to rewatch that Well Bennett did say they were doubling Cruz and Nicks a lot and he had other oppritunites but him and Eli have to get on the same page a little more.he said he had a lot of single coverage it's on the Giants page where the players interviews are if you want to check it out.

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Well Bennett did say they were doubling Cruz and Nicks a lot and he had other oppritunites but him and Eli have to get on the same page a little more.he said he had a lot of single coverage it's on the Giants page where the players interviews are if you want to check it out.

thanks for the heads up. gonna check it out now. yeah i did notice he had a lot of 1v1. i think after that one missed opportunity on that out for a 1rst, eli may have looked elsewhere.

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 06:47 PM
no problem when I agree with someone opinions I try to explain to the other person what they meant. I just thought it was weird how he was trying to make points without reading your post..didn't make sense to me.
Im going to take a page out of enigma's book!
Eliscruzzz if you are going to twist my words then we have nothing else to talk about.
i stated you earlier in the thread i am making an arguement to the responses / and the title of the thread. if you read back to my first thread it wasn't directed to anyone in specific i said no team build a team to stop one team in particular, you in a later thread added G420's name into it i didn't i then told you i didn't care to read his posts i am going off the title and the responses/ agreements to the title. which limited, mostly everyone took it as an excuse.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Not just to beat us, but to beat anyone in the league. The NFC East is especially loaded now that RGIII is leading the Redskins. Corners mean more now than ever, that's why I was loving the Hosley pick as soon as it was announced. It just sucks that we can't get a break in our injuries.

Moving forward, I'm not too concerned about the Cowboy game. It's the first week. We came out flat. Lots of veterans making silly technical mistakes, but they are vets. They will adjust. Yeah I'm VT fan so I know a lot about Hosley he is going to be a beast for us when he learns Fewell's system.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Im going to take a page out of enigma's book!
Eliscruzzz if you are going to twist my words then we have nothing else to talk about.
i stated you earlier in the thread i am making an arguement to the responses / and the title of the thread. if you read back to my first thread it wasn't directed to anyone in specific i said no team build a team to stop one team in particular, you in a later thread added G420's name into it i didn't i then told you i didn't care to read his posts i am going off the title and the responses/ agreements to the title. which limited, mostly everyone took it as an excuse.Fine by me bro you won't be missed peace!!! Doesn't matter who made the thread if you don't know what everyone is saying how can I take you serious I never twisted your words go back and read the whole thing if you like. I put G420 name in it cause HE MADE THE THREAD DUH!!!

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 06:49 PM
LOOK MAN I said that is your opinion FINE how do you know if Bengals were willing to trade with Dallas so they could get Dre you don't know that and quite frankly I don't think they would...then what CB is on the board after that you gotta start taking everything into account I'm done bro that's what you think.. I think your wrong PERIOD!!
how do you know they wouldn't of gotten claiborne anyway? you don't, i don't its redundant to argue if they would of won they wouldn't of drafted this guy. dallas expressed interest in upgrading they secondary, long before losing to us

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah I'm VT fan so I know a lot about Hosley he is going to be a beast for us when he learns Fewell's system.

yeah i think hosely should be a good corner for us. he played but wasnt mentioned at all. quiet nights for corners are good. but romo had a field day on tryon so it could be skewed. still, i expect big things from hosely. he's naturally gifted and shoould be able to mirror most wr's even with this being his rookie year

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:56 PM
obviously you didn't read your own quote, you didn't say anything about newman i and rebuttling to you saying "Yeah you can't say they get Claiborne if they win that week 17 matchup and and win a playoff game then they are picking at 25 or so." i say they still upgrade to a CB in the draft could of been dre kirkpatrick, they still let go of newman if you want to bring that up; he was getting torched long before that giants game and he had a huge contract. the cowboys secondray was due to upgrade long before this season.

look dude i have not problem with your train of thougt, but if you start of a thread saying Dallas built their D for us, it comes off as making exuses, if it was vice versa you would be torching some cowboys fans for saying giants built their defense to stop the cowboys offense. the Op is being hypocritical in his assesment and you agreeing with it makes you an accomplice to that train of thought. and this is not condescending this is debating embrace it; its what a message board is for, no one is trying to come off as high and mighty or superior its just arguing points, when you start indirectly attacking saying things like you think your a know it all or your being condescending or superior you are somewhat admitting your arguements for your claim lack validity or you can support it any further thanyou have so i'm gonna chalk it up to you just being an ignoramus and not understanding where i am coming from.

but your right i didn't read his stuff but i read the other stuf and that what i was responding too. One last thing the Newman quote was by me but you wouldn't know cause you don't go back and read which is to be expected from you I guess.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 06:59 PM
yeah i think hosely should be a good corner for us. he played but wasnt mentioned at all. quiet nights for corners are good. but romo had a field day on tryon so it could be skewed. still, i expect big things from hosely. he's naturally gifted and shoould be able to mirror most wr's even with this being his rookie year Yeah I was so freaking excited when when got him... most people are down on Prince but I think he's going to be great to he's kinda built like Revis not saying he is Revis but with him, Holsey once he learns the system and Webster we should be fine at CB can't wait till everyone is healthy then this team will really take off.

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 07:01 PM
One last thing the Newman quote was by me but you wouldn't know cause you don't go back and read which is to be expected from you I guess.
nope wrong again! i read your newman post didn't care to respond to it, i didn't agree with it but i pick and choose my battles. as i stated above i only cared about your post "Yeah you can't say they get Claiborne if they win that week 17 matchup and and win a playoff game then they are picking at 25 or so." newman wasn't in that quote so i didn't understand where you were coming from with the "obviously i didn't read." jab. i read everything you said i don't have you ignored. if you want to debate this bro state your points im here for another hour in chem gear doing nothing waiting for this exercise to be over; but once you start twisting stuff then we have nothing to talk about. i can careless about the points stated the title itself say it all, that is just different!

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 07:02 PM
oh i def see the similarities. prince and revis are just built physically so similarly. and prince does have excellent closing speed. its these damn freaking injuries. i jist hope we get prince back soon and that he, hosely, and webster can all play the year out with no serious injury concerns. bc imho, and i know its prob the minority opinion, but i think that group of corners on the field w our safeties, we could have a terrific pass defense...

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 07:03 PM
how do you know they wouldn't of gotten claiborne anyway? you don't, i don't its redundant to argue if they would of won they wouldn't of drafted this guy. dallas expressed interest in upgrading they secondary, long before losing to us I thought you were done still trying to get me to agree with your opinion huh cause your theory that they would've gotten DRE or MC in the draft is the correct one =(.

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 07:05 PM
I thought you were done still trying to get me to agree with your opinion huh cause your theory that they would've gotten DRE or MC in the draft is the correct one =(.
i never said i was done, you did. i said if you continue to twist my words i will be done and plus dude you responded back to me with "one last thing," make up your mind!
i know G420 made the thread, i didn't respond to him i made a general assesment, you got offended and responded i responded back, and then you responded adding his name in it . i think i was clear in saying i was disagreeing with the responses to the thread itself and the title, could care less about someone i don't care for.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 07:07 PM
oh i def see the similarities. prince and revis are just built physically so similarly. and prince does have excellent closing speed. its these damn freaking injuries. i jist hope we get prince back soon and that he, hosely, and webster can all play the year out with no serious injury concerns. bc imho, and i know its prob the minority opinion, but i think that group of corners on the field w our safeties, we could have a terrific pass defense...Same here don't know why a lot of people our down on our corners when all three are going to start this year it could be deadly to other offenses. Image if we still had T2 too nobody would be complaining about our secondary. I'm pretty high on Rolle too when he can play his natural position even though most fans think he's overpaid.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 07:11 PM
nope wrong again! i read your newman post didn't care to respond to it, i didn't agree with it but i pick and choose my battles. as i stated above i only cared about your post "Yeah you can't say they get Claiborne if they win that week 17 matchup and and win a playoff game then they are picking at 25 or so." newman wasn't in that quote so i didn't understand where you were coming from with the "obviously i didn't read." jab. i read everything you said i don't have you ignored. if you want to debate this bro state your points im here for another hour in chem gear doing nothing waiting for this exercise to be over; but once you start twisting stuff then we have nothing to talk about. i can careless about the points stated the title itself say it all, that is just different!Now your being a ****** make up your mind are you responding to my post about Newman or are you responding to people making excuses for the Giants I think you have no idea what your responding to. Go back and read bro see if I twisted your words... now your making s*** up.

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Now your being a ****** make up your mind are you responding to my post about Newman or are you responding to people making excuses for the Giants I think you have no idea what your responding to. Go back and read bro see if I twisted your words... now your making s*** up.

when you reply to quote it usually puts the quote your replying to in a box above your rebuttal ^.
in the one you are talking about you didn't state anything about newman, so i couldn't respond to anything about newman, he wasn't mentioned in the quote i replied to.
there you go twisting my words again your probably not doing it on purpose, but your doing it...
peace bro i gotta go shoot!

sodbuster
09-07-2012, 08:35 PM
dallas built there defence just for us..wait think about it. they played very good or great as there fans would say. we played bad and lost.. it was only a 7 point game and we could have won it at any point untill after 2 minutes left in the game..this is not counting the fumble.or cruz droped balls .. dallas does not under stand is they were lucky to win this game...

Parademon
09-07-2012, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't use the "luck" card as many have accused our team of being "lucky" in both their SB runs in 07 & 11. The G-men played like crap & the Boys just flat outplayed us. Commited fewer dropped passes, rushed the QB better, ran better & tackled better. Over at their forums, Boys fans are sure stoked about the win & predicting 12+wins & the # 2 seed. They got us at 8-8 due to our #1 toughest schedule in the NFL.