PDA

View Full Version : Bennet

Red Dog
09-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Unless I missed them I haven't seen any posts on Bennet.Do we have a tight-end? To me he looked pretty good

Toadofsteel
09-07-2012, 06:27 PM
He was one of the few bright spots on wednesday alongside Eli and Rivers...

Tuckit91
09-07-2012, 07:06 PM
He looked good and he did a good job blocking Ware too!

GameTime
09-07-2012, 07:09 PM
every game Bennet will get more and more involved and if the running game really winds up to blow again then even Pascoe will get his touches....

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 07:09 PM
yeah he was prob our best lineman of the night unfortunately. He did a good job run and pass blocking, looked great in the passing game as well. in fact, I wish eli would have went to him more often, dallas was giving a ton of attention to nicks n cruz. besides that one miscue on that out route, he caught everything and was very effective.
i have a feeling eli will look at the tape and see that bennett is gonna be a weapon he can use throughout the season. aint no safety, corner, or lb gonna be able to cover bennet 1v1, of this I am positive. I was one of the biggest supporters of signing Bennett out of FA, I really believe he can be a special TE. Game 1 was kind of a sneak peak...

YATittle1962
09-07-2012, 07:11 PM
this cat is the real deal

one mans trash is another mans treasure

Tuckit91
09-07-2012, 07:12 PM
I hear a lot of Dallas fans hating on the guy..Saying hes lazy thats why they didnt want him and glad hes gone...I think being in NY and not behind a Pro bowl TE that he will step up and be big for the G-Men...Hope he makes them eat crow!

DVision
09-07-2012, 07:15 PM
He looked good and he did a good job blocking Ware too!

Maybe we should have left him at 291lbs and made him our LT!! :)

BuffyBlueII
09-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Martellius Bennet has been excited since coming to us.

He ig, strong and talented. He is what we needed at TE and is going to be an important part of this offense. I was very happy when we signed him.

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 07:23 PM
me 2 buffy. i bet we extend him during the season. he is still young too, 26 I believe. entering his prime. guy always got a bad rap unfairly. dallas fans were way unrealistic. witten was getting 150 targets a season. not much left for the 2nd TE. and he had a higher completion per attempt % than witten and almost every TE with the scraps he was given too.
Dallas asked him to block, and he became the best blocking TE. I dunno wtf cowboy fans were thinking...I believe JG when he said they are gonna miss him n that he believed he would do well with us. after bennett scored that td nbc zoomed in on JG and i felt like his face was expressing a "thats the reason I drafted him. why did we let him leave" look...

guy could have 10 tds for us. that redzone td wasnt a fluke, he gives us that every time we're down there. which is why i was flabergasted we didnt give him a look after the boley int

JB456
09-07-2012, 07:42 PM
I know I might be thrown under a bus for this but I see Bennett surpassing Ballards production from last year, in addition to be a superior blocker.

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I know I might be thrown under a bus for this but I see Bennett surpassing Ballards production from last year, in addition to be a superior blocker.No you won't cause I agree with you he is stronger faster, and more athletically gifted if Bennet doesn't surpass Ballard production I will be shocked.

giantsfan420
09-07-2012, 07:58 PM
No you won't cause I agree with you he is stronger faster, and more athletically gifted if Bennet doesn't surpass Ballard production I will be shocked.

well he may be asked to stay in and help the OL a whole lot with the quality of blocker he is. thats the only thing i could see reducing his pass game production

JB456
09-07-2012, 08:03 PM
well he may be asked to stay in and help the OL a whole lot with the quality of blocker he is. thats the only thing i could see reducing his pass game production

The funny thing is, I see him outproducing Ballard even with the additional blocking responsibilities. I think we got a winner here and I can't wait to see what he can do when both Nicks and Cruz are firing on all cylinders.

BillTheGreek
09-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Unless I missed them I haven't seen any posts on Bennet.Do we have a tight-end? To me he looked pretty good

It was Bennett's first game as a Giant, and yes he was pretty good, he scored a TD , he caught a few passes an ran for some yardage, plus he did some good blocking! I would say that was pretty productive.Let's hope he keeps it up in the games to come.
GO GIANTS !

rainierjef
09-07-2012, 09:00 PM
i was surprised in his play and blocking of ware. it was good i need to see him consistently string these type of games together to retract anything i sad of him

GameTime
09-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Very pumped to see him evolve in this offense....

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 09:06 PM
I haven't seen any posts on Bennet.Do we have a tight-end?
People only like focusing on the negative. How many threads on the purported "disrespect"?

gmen0820
09-07-2012, 09:17 PM
He probably would have netted another 20-25 yards on a corner route on the second play of the game had Eli not been pressured so badly, forcing the dump off to Cruz.

Captain Chaos
09-07-2012, 09:27 PM
This guy did a real nice job and I think he will be do better with each game. I loved his TD grab, classic big guy going after it!

Kase-1
09-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Eli makes average to below average TE's look damned good. I think he's gonna make Bennett look like the damned cream of the crop. They're gonna become VEEEEEEERRY friendly this season

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 09:43 PM
well he may be asked to stay in and help the OL a whole lot with the quality of blocker he is. thats the only thing i could see reducing his pass game production This is true but let's say he only gets 40 yrds a game he still will gain more yardage then Ballard did. He would have 640 plus his blocking to Ballards 604 and his blocking.

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 09:48 PM
They're gonna become VEEEEEEERRY friendly this season
Agree. That TD catch would've given Eli cause to trust him down there.

Diamondring
09-07-2012, 09:57 PM
well he may be asked to stay in and help the OL a whole lot with the quality of blocker he is. thats the only thing i could see reducing his pass game productionNo, I think he blocking may help him out more. He can come out of those blocks and be a receiver wide open.

egyptian420
09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
He was one of the few bright spots on wednesday
Took the words right out of my mouth.