PDA

View Full Version : Eli needs

dadmademeagiant
09-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Eli needs to get Dan DePalma back and have him do his wes welker impersonation

Eliscruzzz
09-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Eli needs to get Dan DePalma back and have him do his wes welker impersonation I think were good at wr but if someone goes down who knows?

Flip Empty
09-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Got a reason as to why?

titwio
09-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Dan DePalma would mean the Giants take Cruz out of the slot.

Good idea still?

Tmurda1984
09-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Eli needs a new GM. A GM who will make sure that he gets a Offensive Line to protect him. A GM who brings back reliable weapons each season, its hard seeing new faces in your offense every year. A GM would understands that the Giants are a proud physical organization and is embarrassed being last place in rushing the ball.

Eli is talented enough to win in spite of all these needs. The Defense is held together by solid cores in Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora, and when Webster is at the top of his game.

jax5338
09-08-2012, 12:08 AM
i think eli needs to have more power over this offense and be allowed to take over when need be. our run game still stinks

eLi MusT gO dEEp
09-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Yeah so Wilson can have a friend in How Not To Fumble The Football 101 class.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Eli needs a new GM. A GM who will make sure that he gets a Offensive Line to protect him. A GM who brings back reliable weapons each season, its hard seeing new faces in your offense every year. A GM would understands that the Giants are a proud physical organization and is embarrassed being last place in rushing the ball.

Eli is talented enough to win in spite of all these needs. The Defense is held together by solid cores in Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora, and when Webster is at the top of his game. Tell me how JR is supposed to get any quality linemen with the salary cap situation and where we were picking in the draft who was there? JR just can sign however without thinking about the future if you can name 2 decent linemen we could have gotten for the vet minimum then I'm all ears.

juice33s
09-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Really is amazing that he won a superbowl with a garbage Oline and running game, he might be the most under rated player in NFL history

B-Red22
09-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Eli needs the line to give him time to throw, not another reciever.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 12:15 AM
i agree juice. first 9-7 team to win the sb, and he had 8 gw comebacks out of our 13 wins, and he did all that with 2 UDFA's, MM, and Nicks...last ranked run game, and like 30th ranked d...one of the greatest seasons by a qb ever, and because he wasnt FF MVP, his season isnt as valued as it should be

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Reese has been bringing in OL guys constantly, and they all get hurt. Beatty injured, Brewer injured, Mosley injured. Diehl is the only guy who stays healthy, and hes the worst OT in the league.

Tmurda1984
09-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Tell me how JR is supposed to get any quality linemen with the salary cap situation and where we were picking in the draft who was there? JR just can sign however without thinking about the future if you can name 2 decent linemen we could have gotten for the vet minimum then I'm all ears.

Whose fault is it that we are in a salary cap mess? Was it from overpaying free agents like Rolle, Canty, and Baas? And you talking about looking into the future....with Eli Manning and Chris Snee restructing expect their base salary to skyrocket in the next season or 2. We have alot of guys with expiring contracts coming up. There was some quality offensive linemen in this year's draft but we decided to take Randle who wont see much time buried in the depth chart behind Hixon, Barden and Jernigan.

Tmurda1984
09-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Reese has been bringing in OL guys constantly, and they all get hurt. Beatty injured, Brewer injured, Mosley injured. Diehl is the only guy who stays healthy, and hes the worst OT in the league.

I am talking about quality offensive linemen. Acorsi brought in Mckenzie, Snee, Petitgout, O'Hara. Brewer and Mosley were late round picks along with Petrus. We bring in Boothe and Locklear who struggled with previous teams and cut. Baas was a bench rider who only started because Eric Heitmann had a career ending injury. Last year Cordle was one injury away from being our starting center..it was soo bad that we moved Boothe to Center when Baas was hurt. Reese didnt do anything at all to this line....He could of kept Mckenzie instead of Diehl. I would call to see if Mckenzie could play guard and Move Boothe to right Tackle.

Toadofsteel
09-08-2012, 12:44 AM
What Eli needs is an OC that will call more passing plays when the run is obviously not working...

juice33s
09-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Whose fault is it that we are in a salary cap mess? Was it from overpaying free agents like Rolle, Canty, and Baas? And you talking about looking into the future....with Eli Manning and Chris Snee restructing expect their base salary to skyrocket in the next season or 2. We have alot of guys with expiring contracts coming up. There was some quality offensive linemen in this year's draft but we decided to take Randle who wont see much time buried in the depth chart behind Hixon, Barden and Jernigan.
Randle isn't behind Jernigan...Give it some time, Toomer didn't become a starter till year 4. Also who are these qaulity Olinemen he should of took instead of Randle? You might have an argument for going oline in the first with guys like COrdy Glenn, Silatolu and Schwartz available (All starting), but Wilson's long term potential was too good to pass up for any of those guys imo

Flip Empty
09-08-2012, 12:50 AM
I agree with you in regards to the cap mess. I groan every time I hear a contract has been structured.
But who are these linemen that the Giants should've drafted early?

BurnerNYG
09-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Whose fault is it that we are in a salary cap mess? Was it from overpaying free agents like Rolle, Canty, and Baas? And you talking about looking into the future....with Eli Manning and Chris Snee restructing expect their base salary to skyrocket in the next season or 2. We have alot of guys with expiring contracts coming up. There was some quality offensive linemen in this year's draft but we decided to take Randle who wont see much time buried in the depth chart behind Hixon, Barden and Jernigan.We just won a Superbowl. Did you ride the short bus to school? Go find another team with a GM that you like to root for. JR isn't going anywhere.

BurnerNYG
09-08-2012, 01:19 AM
What Eli needs is an OC that will call more passing plays when the run is obviously not working...Agreed 100%. Gilbride treats Eli as if he still has training wheels on. They ran the ball on 4th down... lucky they got it.

nygfan90
09-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Agreed 100%. Gilbride treats Eli as if he still has training wheels on. They ran the ball on 4th down... lucky they got it.I used to always get mad at Gilbride for being stubborn with the run when it did not work. Now however, how can i get mad at him when i don't know what's going on pre snap. Maybe Gilbride called a pass play but Eli saw something on the defense that made him switch to run. Now instead of of yelling at the tv "wtf are you doing Gilbride, i just WTF was that?? lol

BurnerNYG
09-08-2012, 01:36 AM
I used to always get mad at Gilbride for being stubborn with the run when it did not work. Now however, how can i get mad at him when i don't know what's going on pre snap. Maybe Gilbride called a pass play but Eli saw something on the defense that made him switch to run. Now instead of of yelling at the tv "wtf are you doing Gilbride, i just WTF was that?? lolLol I hear you. Although that draw play worked I hope it wasn't Eli who made that call.

nygfan90
09-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Lol I hear you. Although that draw play worked I hope it wasn't Eli who made that call.Beats me man! lol..I'm really flabbergasted people are losing their heads after one loss though. Yeah it sucks it was against a division foe (especially dallas) but it's not the end of the world lol.Idk what im even saying haha..how do you think we'll do against the Bucs?

Flip Empty
09-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Lol I hear you. Although that draw play worked I hope it wasn't Eli who made that call.
There didn't appear to be any audible, so it was probably Gilbride's call.

BurnerNYG
09-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Beats me man! lol..I'm really flabbergasted people are losing their heads after one loss though. Yeah it sucks it was against a division foe (especially dallas) but it's not the end of the world lol.Idk what im even saying haha..how do you think we'll do against the Bucs?I think we're gonna dominate the Bucs but who am I? I thought we would dominate The Cowgirls. Vincent Jackson could be a problem if we don't fix our db woes...Josh Freeman didn't have a great year last year but he balled the year before that. The Bucs are one of those teams with a lot of question marks... new coach, new players, new system so it's hard to judge. We're gonna have to get some footage on them this week.

nygfan90
09-08-2012, 01:57 AM
I think we're gonna dominate the Bucs but who am I? I thought we would dominate The Cowgirls. Vincent Jackson could be a problem if we don't fix our db woes...Josh Freeman didn't have a great year last year but he balled the year before that. The Bucs are one of those teams with a lot of question marks... new coach, new players, new system so it's hard to judge. We're gonna have to get some footage on them this week.Yeah i hear ya. I plan on checking them out on Sunday then making my analysis lol. If i had to make a guess though, i'd say we come up with a win but it wont be a dominant performance at all. We shall see though. One thing i've learned about the Giants is everytime i'm confident they're gonna win, they lose, and when i think they'll lose, they win lol. So maybe i should think we'll lose next weekend? hmmm haha

BurnerNYG
09-08-2012, 02:09 AM
There didn't appear to be any audible, so it was probably Gilbride's call.Risky call considering we couldn't run the ball consistently all night. I don't understand why we didn't just go 4 or 5 wide and let Eli play Peyton and sling it all night. The pass opens up the run just as well as the run opens up the pass. You got a 2 time SB MVP... let him throw the rock!

BurnerNYG
09-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Yeah i hear ya. I plan on checking them out on Sunday then making my analysis lol. If i had to make a guess though, i'd say we come up with a win but it wont be a dominant performance at all. We shall see though. One thing i've learned about the Giants is everytime i'm confident they're gonna win, they lose, and when i think they'll lose, they win lol. So maybe i should think we'll lose next weekend? hmmm hahaYeah I'm gonna pay close attention to them too. You're absolutely right too about this team....soooo unpredictable it's not even funny. I'm done trying to figure em out lol. Well I'm off to bed, busy day tomorrow...I'll catch up with you guys later.

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Risky call considering we couldn't run the ball consistently all night. I don't understand why we didn't just go 4 or 5 wide and let Eli play Peyton and sling it all night. The pass opens up the run just as well as the run opens up the pass. You got a 2 time SB MVP... let him throw the rock!

I asked myself the same question. On the 1 yard line with a 6'6" WR on the bench and a 6'6" TE on the field you would think you'd give them a jump ball chance considering they weren't able to run the ball up to that point. I blame that failure on Gilbride. He has to use his weapons better down there.

nygfan90
09-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Same here, see you guys!

nygfan90
09-08-2012, 02:25 AM
I asked myself the same question. On the 1 yard line with a 6'6" WR on the bench and a 6'6" TE on the field you would think you'd give them a jump ball chance considering they weren't able to run the ball up to that point. I blame that failure on Gilbride. He has to use his weapons better down there.Totally 100% agree!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Your first post and this is your thoughts?

Really?

A receiver that no on wants is supposed to help us?

Captain Chaos
09-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Eli needs a running game.

Tmurda1984
09-08-2012, 12:55 PM
I laugh when I hear that Gilbride should of let Eli pass the ball more. You want Eli to drop back 20 more times with Diehl blocking Ware!!! You want him dropping 20 more times to watch Cruz drop it some more or Nicks to be running half speed out there. Hixon didnt have a good day even tho he caught one pass. I dont understand the logic there when there was sooo many drops and defenders teeing off on the QB. Gilbride should run the shotgun draw more...no matter what you fans think. The Shotgun draw compliments our passing game well and spreads the defense out making more running lanes. This team is terrible running the offense from big sets.

We need more Shotgun passing plays and more draws and misdirection runs from it. Also this will be less confusion for David Baas since he can't remember where his QB is right behind him or in the shotgun when snapping the ball. We need to abuse the hell out of this formation.