PDA

View Full Version : From a Cowboys fan

sgtcornhole
09-08-2012, 01:42 AM
I have been a lifelong Cowboys fan , and I dislike the Giants....alot , but so you know I hate the Eagles. That being said i saw this article today on a player by the name of Chad Jones who was signed by the Giants . It is an extraordinary story. After seeing what this young man has gone through I can do nothing less than wish him a successful career with your organization. At the end of the day when my Cowboys season comes to an end I pull for the fellas from the NFC East ...toughest division in football. Except for the Eagles, i never ever root for the Eagles. Here is a link to the video I saw and I encourage you Giants fans to check it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/exclusive-former-lsu-safety-chad-jones-road-back-144322667--ncaaf.html

Rat_bastich
09-08-2012, 02:12 AM
He was waived in May because he was unable to pass a physical. Alot of us were pulling for the guy to make it but it just wasn't in the cards. I'm just glad the guy made it alive and is able to walk.

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 02:19 AM
He'll be back. He was on the field for the superbowl celebration in february. He's not giving up. His leg looks crazy though.

MattyD21
09-08-2012, 02:46 AM
holy f@#& his leg in that video omg!! i never knew it was THAT serious

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 02:49 AM
holy f@#& his leg in that video omg!! i never knew it was THAT serious

Yea man. His career is supposed to be over but he's a beast. He's still trying to come back. I'm surprised he was able to keep the leg.

MattyD21
09-08-2012, 02:59 AM
suprised he's able to walk again let alone play pro ball

appodictic
09-08-2012, 08:42 AM
This is really incredible. I give him a lot of credit. I am not sure i would want to play after that.

Ladder27
09-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I think we should bring him back just to show how hard work pays off to the slackers that stop on a play.

GameTime
09-08-2012, 10:01 AM
thanks for the good words. I hope he can come back and at least do a ST role. That would be incredible.

NorwoodBlue
09-08-2012, 10:10 AM
I wonder if they could sign him to the practice squad later in the year, if he keeps progressing. I'll have to watch the video to see how he's progressed so far.

TextureDj
09-08-2012, 12:40 PM
A little nsight in that video as to why he was waived. Right there at the end it said that in May it was decided he should undergo another procedure to remove foreign objects? I dont think this would include medical devices, so there must have been other objects that were too dangerous to remove initially, but now pose a risk for football?

Could this be a glimmer of hope for the kid?

fourth&forever
09-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Too bad. The vid has been removed :-(

I hope Chad gets invited to Albany camp next year. Easy to root for a guy like that.

CowboysSuck
09-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Is there any chance this kid plays ball again? Man, I've been rooting so hard for Chad since his accident that video almost brought a couple tears, especially when hes telling his 3 year old son how daddys gonna get back on that football field.

If nothing else, some team, any team, just sign him and let him get a play, even if its only preseason, this guy has the heart of a lion, I've never seen anything like it. Unbelievable.

CowboysSuck
09-08-2012, 01:09 PM
A little nsight in that video as to why he was waived. Right there at the end it said that in May it was decided he should undergo another procedure to remove foreign objects? I dont think this would include medical devices, so there must have been other objects that were too dangerous to remove initially, but now pose a risk for football?

Could this be a glimmer of hope for the kid?

Probably some of the screws and other things that are no longer needed. Im sure the metal rod will stay there...

BuffyBlueII
09-08-2012, 01:34 PM
I’ve always rooted for this guy. I really that he get invited to camp next season and at least makes it so that he gets on play at least. This young man has the heart of a lion and I wish him the best. God bless him.