PDA

View Full Version : ELI needs to throw the ball more...

BigBlueCrew22
09-08-2012, 03:24 AM
...i think its safe to say that this running game will go nowhere, it went nowhere last year it will go even farther nowhere this year, the offensive line IS TERRIBLE, i think its time to let eli throw the ball 60 times a game and that is no joke, bradshaw is great but he is not the type of back that can do it himself without an o-line if you wanna win put this game in eli's hands how about going with a no huddle we have nevver dont that before and its where eli is best let the guy call the game is brother is peyton manning for god sakes he has learn from the best and has one more super bowl win then the "best" so jesus use your brain and stop doing the same run play over n over again its so annoying put the ball in this guys hands its so obvious its what to do and guess what that will probably end up opening the running game, throw the ball 3 quarters and then throw in a running play here n their you have great wide outs that can brea k out a huge play any down it was shown in the playoffs how many times did you see nicks running down the field for 50 60 yards catching hail marry's isnt it obvious that we just need to put the ball in eli's hands , just do it give it a wack, who cares at this point we need to put points on the board, the d-line cant do everything cuz thats the only way our secondary will loook good is if these guys get after the qb and that did not happen last week. eli effin manning all i gotta say.

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 03:27 AM
The still need to run the ball. Play action will never work if they can't get the running game going.

BigBlueCrew22
09-08-2012, 03:32 AM
dude, the running game is never gonna work , is that not obvious it will NEVER WORK u gotta throw the ball more then 31 times a game man, esp with eli, mccnab used to do it wit westbrook, guy used to have 12 carries for like 100 yards cuz they threw the ball alot mcnabb used to average like 45 tosses, something we need to consider, our 0-LINE IS AWFUL, throw the ball downfield u have great receivers, hixon even looks good it will open the running game up in weeks to come. just do it. its simple. i dont see what u could see wrong in that. THROW THE FN BALL.

BigBlueCrew22
09-08-2012, 03:34 AM
spread the defense out when was the last time, eli had 5 wideouts on the field and no runningbacks? imagine what they could do with, cruz, nicks, hixon, barden, jernigan out on the field? or whoever the 5th would be it would be lethal, spread the defense out.

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 03:34 AM
So you want our offense to look like Green Bays offense. I get it. I just don't see it happening. You don't draft a running back in the first round to throw the ball 50 times a game.

BuffyBlueII
09-08-2012, 03:38 AM
We desperately need to refortify our offensive line. I really thought we were going to do something to improve them this off season but unfortunately we didn’t. After watching the game the other night I am very concerned about our offensive line. We play San Fransisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers this year. Those teams love to go after and attack the QB. Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles will be going after Eli Manning really hard and we already know how Dallas Cowboys will be attacking after seeing what they did the other night. Heck, the best blocker on our offensive line so far this season is Martellius Bennet. We may have to throw a lot this year and the no huddle may be a good idea. We all know that Eli Manning may be toughest QB in NFL but we don’t want to see him take too many hits.

We need some protection for Eli Manning and if that means no huddle and throwing more then so be it. Maybe there is a way to get the guys we already have to play better and get better at protecing the QB. Heres to hoping that coaches come up with answer soon before Eli Manning takes too many hits.

I bELIeve.

BigBlueCrew22
09-08-2012, 03:40 AM
YES spread the defense, we have the wide outs to do it we will be so much better, yes yes, thats what i think we should do why not, we never do it, hwo about some hurry up offense change it up, the giants do the same thing every god dam game, what do you see good in running the ball sometimes when it goes nowhere pal????

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Hey, I'm not saying the Giants are having success running the ball. What I'm saying is, I don't see them giving up on the run. Drafting a running back pretty much says we want to get better running the ball. In the playoffs they ran the ball better....wound up winning a superbowl. As long as Tom Coughlin is coach he'll want to have a run game.

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 03:44 AM
We desperately need to refortify our offensive line. I really thought we were going to do something to improve them this off season but unfortunately we didn’t. After watching the game the other night I am very concerned about our offensive line. We play San Fransisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers this year. Those teams love to go after and attack the QB. Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles will be going after Eli Manning really hard and we already know how Dallas Cowboys will be attacking after seeing what they did the other night. Heck, the best blocker on our offensive line so far this season is Martellius Bennet. We may have to throw a lot this year and the no huddle may be a good idea. We all know that Eli Manning may be toughest QB in NFL but we don’t want to see him take too many hits.

We need some protection for Eli Manning and if that means no huddle and throwing more then so be it. Maybe there is a way to get the guys we already have to play better and get better at protecing the QB. Heres to hoping that coaches come up with answer soon before Eli Manning takes too many hits.

I bELIeve.

I'm sure it was an unforgiving film session with the offensive line. They have to get better right now. Can't have Eli on his back every other drop back.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 03:47 AM
i wouldnt abandon the run. id try and establish it every game, however, if it is failing miserably, i would abandon it. i see where ur coming from OP. still cant believe we couldnt even punch it in for a TD two yards out...smh. same as last year. put the ball in elis hands, he gives us the best shot at winning. the only thing the run game did vs dallas was bail them out...

lawrenceS59
09-08-2012, 03:50 AM
i wouldnt abandon the run. id try and establish it every game, however, if it is failing miserably, i would abandon it. i see where ur coming from OP. still cant believe we couldnt even punch it in for a TD two yards out...smh. same as last year. put the ball in elis hands, he gives us the best shot at winning. the only thing the run game did vs dallas was bail them out...

I strongly believe that Ramses Barden and Martellus Bennett should have been in the lineup at the same time for those possessions. Let the cowboys corners prove they can get up with Barden.....and let Bennett run to the goal post. No one's out jumping them down there. I understand not trying it from the 20 yard line but from the 1? You gotta try.

BigBlueCrew22
09-08-2012, 03:54 AM
how about on the goal line SPREAD THE DEFENSE, even if the play breaks down eli might be able to run it in cuz of all the wide outs on the field, the empty shot gun is not used enough in this league, mcarthy uses it with rogers cuz he is smart how many first down do the packers have a game 45????? cuz they spread the god dam defense then change it up, you have to spread the defense and confuse the defense, the run game is going nowhere with this dam o-line period, put 4 wideouts and bennet out their or 4 wideouts and wilson have him run short patterns catch the ball and use that 4.3 speed for something cuz guess what its worthless with that o-line and pointless, the o-line is miserable and terrible i hate it, DAVID DEIHL NEEDS TO GOOOOO!! GOOD BYE BUD IT WAS NICE but its time for you go to and locklear holy crap if i have to look at that huge monster get pushed on his *** all season i dont know if i can watch anymore the guy is huge and plays like he is wilsons size he SUCKS!!!!! SPREAD THE DEFENSE SPREAD THE DEFENSE!!!

BigBlueCrew22
09-08-2012, 04:00 AM
abandon what run? there is no run game to abandon it is going nowhere, deihl is done, locklear sucks, i think boothe will be ok and i think we should give petrus a lil more playing time he was great in the playoffs and is the strongest on the team, CALL SEUBERT AND OHARA, WE NEED THEM LOL, the run game is going to go nowhere with this o-line so spread the defense then bring our so called running game aboard for now SPREAD IT OUT WE MUST CONFUSE THE OPPOSING TEAM, mix it up im sick of the same crap, i have never seen a more predictable team and gilbride in my life, i never liked him if he didnt have eli and cruz and nicks that guy would not have a job anywhere he blows.

BillTheGreek
09-08-2012, 08:02 AM

True !.............On that ONE play, on the 2 yard Line, bring in your best Line men, Even Defence players , like, Tuck, Umenyiora ,Pierre-Paul.........They have to do better than the OL we have now...........Then they won't know if we are Passing or Running !

appodictic
09-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Its pretty uspetting that Dalllas had 3 rookie oline men and their center got injured yet they still whooped our ***. Meanwhile the only decent oline player we got this offseason came from the cowboys (bennet)

Diamondring
09-08-2012, 08:34 AM
I think we need to look at the run more cause it may not be the O-line's fault but unblocked defenders. Don't forget that there are only 5 main blockers and the run is suppose to take away a good amount of defenders so that the back can have room to move about and when there are defenders in hiw way, there is maybe one or two defenders to give our back a chance to do things against them.

Toadofsteel
09-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Hey, I'm not saying the Giants are having success running the ball. What I'm saying is, I don't see them giving up on the run. Drafting a running back pretty much says we want to get better running the ball. In the playoffs they ran the ball better....wound up winning a superbowl. As long as Tom Coughlin is coach he'll want to have a run game.

If they really wanted a run game that bad, why didn't we trade up for an O lineman rather than a RB? Wilson is going to get worn down real fast if we can't give him proper blocking. The fact that Jacobs was showing a lot of improvement in SF before getting injured tells me that the RB position is not the issue...

As it stands, with the personnel we have, we just can't run the ball without passing first. The reason why the shotgun draw actually worked on Wednesday wasn't because it was Bradshaw instead of Ware, it was because we had just opened up the field big time, with only 6 or 7 guys in the box...

jakegibbs
09-08-2012, 09:37 AM
...i think its safe to say that this running game will go nowhere, it went nowhere last year it will go even farther nowhere this year, the offensive line IS TERRIBLE, i think its time to let eli throw the ball 60 times a game and that is no joke, bradshaw is great but he is not the type of back that can do it himself without an o-line if you wanna win put this game in eli's hands how about going with a no huddle we have nevver dont that before and its where eli is best let the guy call the game is brother is peyton manning for god sakes he has learn from the best and has one more super bowl win then the "best" so jesus use your brain and stop doing the same run play over n over again its so annoying put the ball in this guys hands its so obvious its what to do and guess what that will probably end up opening the running game, throw the ball 3 quarters and then throw in a running play here n their you have great wide outs that can brea k out a huge play any down it was shown in the playoffs how many times did you see nicks running down the field for 50 60 yards catching hail marry's isnt it obvious that we just need to put the ball in eli's hands , just do it give it a wack, who cares at this point we need to put points on the board, the d-line cant do everything cuz thats the only way our secondary will loook good is if these guys get after the qb and that did not happen last week. eli effin manning all i gotta say.

Killdrive was involved heavily in the Old Houston Oiler's RUN & SHOOT offense. 4 WR 1 RB & at times 5 WRs no running back. Warren Moon went to HOF running that offense only problem they could never win in cold weather outdoors. hmmmmm. I've got it Run in Shoot Sept Oct Nov clinch playoff then convert back to NYG ground & pound play action pass in Dec, Jan & Feb. Dynasty anyone???????

BillTheGreek
09-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Sounds Good ! Lets try it !

JB456
09-08-2012, 11:59 AM

I think the OP is just over reacting and really doesn't want to abandon the run. Eli should be airing it out to set up the run. If you do not play to your teams strengths then whats the point?

The only issue I can see with this could be Gilbride. Now, unlike several people on here I have much respect for this guy. He led an offense to two Superbowls for goodness sake. The trouble could be (I stress could) that he has an old school mentality of power running and ball control. Hopefully he can put a game plan together that plays to the Giants current strengths.

ELI_Iz_God
09-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Funny how his name has 22 in it! Go Wilson!

BParcells777
09-08-2012, 12:09 PM
There was actually an article in the NY Times yesterday about this very subject

Coughlin and the runing game.....

Tom Coughlin stubbornly sticks to the balanced attack theory, while the NFL has moved to a 70-80% pass league. The Giants want a 50/50 balance
Other teams know this and play the run, thus we cannot run.

If we do not adapt, we will always need to come from behind in the 4th Qtr the majority of the time......makes for exciting games but mediocre regualr season results

miked1958
09-08-2012, 12:19 PM
So you want our offense to look like Green Bays offense. I get it. I just don't see it happening. You don't draft a running back in the first round to throw the ball 50 times a game.Throw the ball to Wilson on some short screens and let him do the rest with his feet

miked1958
09-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Yes
Its pretty uspetting that Dalllas had 3 rookie oline men and their center got injured yet they still whooped our ***. Meanwhile the only decent oline player we got this offseason came from the cowboys (bennet)Pretty bad we could not get pressure and only 1 sack on those young guys. They made tuck, kiwi and Osi virtually disappear

NYKiller
09-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Eli needs to throw the ball more in the Red Zone.

miked1958
09-08-2012, 12:23 PM
...i think its safe to say that this running game will go nowhere, it went nowhere last year it will go even farther nowhere this year, the offensive line IS TERRIBLE, i think its time to let eli throw the ball 60 times a game and that is no joke, bradshaw is great but he is not the type of back that can do it himself without an o-line if you wanna win put this game in eli's hands how about going with a no huddle we have nevver dont that before and its where eli is best let the guy call the game is brother is peyton manning for god sakes he has learn from the best and has one more super bowl win then the "best" so jesus use your brain and stop doing the same run play over n over again its so annoying put the ball in this guys hands its so obvious its what to do and guess what that will probably end up opening the running game, throw the ball 3 quarters and then throw in a running play here n their you have great wide outs that can brea k out a huge play any down it was shown in the playoffs how many times did you see nicks running down the field for 50 60 yards catching hail marry's isnt it obvious that we just need to put the ball in eli's hands , just do it give it a wack, who cares at this point we need to put points on the board, the d-line cant do everything cuz thats the only way our secondary will loook good is if these guys get after the qb and that did not happen last week. eli effin manning all i gotta say.Kinda hard to throw that many times using that OLine. It puts eli at risk thAt many more times a game to get clobbered

brad
09-08-2012, 12:39 PM
There was actually an article in the NY Times yesterday about this very subject

Coughlin and the runing game.....

Tom Coughlin stubbornly sticks to the balanced attack theory, while the NFL has moved to a 70-80% pass league. The Giants want a 50/50 balance
Other teams know this and play the run, thus we cannot run.

If we do not adapt, we will always need to come from behind in the 4th Qtr the majority of the time......makes for exciting games but mediocre regualr season results

Couldn't the reverse be said for teams who are 70-80% pass? If teams know that we are passing 3/4 of the time, wouldn't they begin playing the pass and start rushing the QB more? Why would a balanced attack, where you have a 50% chance of being right by guessing pass or run, be more prone to being stopped than when you have a 75% chance of being right guessing pass? One could argue that the balanced attack is what makes the passing game work. Defenses live for those 4th quarters where they have a big lead because they can tee off on the QB and not worry about the run. I am not arguing against a "use the pass to set up the run" approach, I am saying that you can't go too far the other way unless you have a lot more depth at the QB position than the Giants have at the moment.

Captain Chaos
09-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Eli needs more protection, and the we need to get the running game going. If we do that we sustain the drives and if we sustain drives Eli will throw more. I kind of agree with you in a weird sort of way.

Generation Eli
09-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Lets figure out a way to pass block before we give ELI more attempts to get blasted into the ground.