PDA

View Full Version : What's worse?

Buddy333
09-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Waiting until next Sunday to see if the Giants can fix some of their flaws? Or, the media now pronouncing Dallas as the Super Bowl favorites and Romo as the league MVP?

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I heard that too Romo is already mvp that is kinda of sickening to me but it sucks waiting until next Sunday. I wondering if they would be proclaiming Eli as MVP already if he won the game and put up the same #'s. The fact of the matter is that Dallas wasn't super impressive that game either at least wait until the weekend is over ... it's sad how the media portrays sports now a days...smh. They don't think Brees, Rodgers, or Brady will have better weekends then Romo? I mean come on it's a joke.

NovaScotian
09-08-2012, 03:59 PM
I understand the frustration but Dallas just beat the Super Bowl champs. They played very well and won all the battles that mattered. Let them have some fun and hope the Giants are not as rusty on game 2.

egyptian420
09-08-2012, 04:01 PM
I haven't watched ESPN or NFLN since that game and I certainly will not anytime soon. I really hope they shower the Cowboys with compliments and crown them the season MVP's...it doesn't seem to be very helpful when they do it to us.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I understand the frustration but Dallas just beat the Super Bowl champs. They played very well and won all the battles that mattered. Let them have some fun and hope the Giants are not as rusty on game 2. Yeah but proclaiming Rom as MVP is a little ridiculous.

Toadofsteel
09-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Let Dallas have their praise now. Praise in the NFL obviously makes players complacent. I'd love to be crowned the best organization and not have to risk a heart attack every week watching a game, but if actual respect makes us drop bombs like this, then honestly screw the respect...

brad
09-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Waiting for the next game is by far worse... crowning the next MVP and SB champion after one game, without seeing any other teams play, is just ridiculous media hype and nothing more.

joemorrisforprez
09-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Waiting until next Sunday to see if the Giants can fix some of their flaws? Or, the media now pronouncing Dallas as the Super Bowl favorites and Romo as the league MVP?

I hope the Giants hear it until they are nauseous.....they apparently still have parade confetti in their hair.

Buddy333
09-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Understand, I don't want the same for the Giants. I hope they are trashed and underestimated after this game. They seem to play better that way. I'm just saying if Eli had beaten them I doubt he is getting the praise. Romo played a good game and I do think he is a good QB, but he also picked on bench players.

joemorrisforprez
09-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Understand, I don't want the same for the Giants. I hope they are trashed and underestimated after this game. They seem to play better that way. I'm just saying if Eli had beaten them I doubt he is getting the praise. Romo played a good game and I do think he is a good QB, but he also picked on bench players.

Which makes letting Aaron Ross go look more suspect every week.

Buddy333
09-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah but he really wasn't that good last year either.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 05:10 PM
yeah. for me its a tie. both suck equally. i especially disliked the post game pressers from the cowboys, esp romo. "your judged by wins and losses" after they won...and qbs are judged by wins and losses WHEN IT MATTERS MOST, funny he left that part of it out...but yeah, romo lit up our depleted secondary, give him the "um, so, every qb coulda done that vs our secondary" award. really, how do u think eli woulda looked vs our secondary? he was putting up 400 yds vs Dallas last season when they were healthy...

its a long season, and we're 3-0 in dallas...we'll avenge that loss

RichGiants81
09-09-2012, 01:10 AM
What else is nww

Flip Empty
09-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Yeah but he really wasn't that good last year either.

Huh? 31 TDs/10 INTs. The guy is good.

ELI_Iz_God
09-09-2012, 02:09 AM
I easily See the Cowturds losing to Seattle next week...their heads are up in the clouds and Seattle isn't exactly the pushover team anymore...but Dallas will go into that game thinking they are

Flip Empty
09-09-2012, 02:14 AM
I easily See the Cowturds losing to Seattle next week...their heads are up in the clouds and Seattle isn't exactly the pushover team anymore...but Dallas will go into that game thinking they are
Like the Giants last year?

DragonSoul
09-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Waiting until next Sunday to see if the Giants can fix some of their flaws? Or, the media now pronouncing Dallas as the Super Bowl favorites and Romo as the league MVP?The former, because you saw the latter as soon as it happened if you had a half a brain.

Toadofsteel
09-09-2012, 04:42 AM
Like the Giants last year?

Yup.............

Die-Hard
09-09-2012, 06:50 AM
What news outlets are you guys watching/reading? I havent seen a single one that called Romo MVP, or Dallas SB favorites(other than Skip Bayless, but he says it every week, and it should surprise no one)

Captain Chaos
09-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Toss up!!!!

drewz
09-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Huh? 31 TDs/10 INTs. The guy is good.

I believe he's talking about Aaron Ross.

Flip Empty
09-09-2012, 08:56 AM
I believe he's talking about Aaron Ross.
hah, whoops. My bad.

gmen0820
09-09-2012, 09:06 AM
What news outlets are you guys watching/reading? I havent seen a single one that called Romo MVP, or Dallas SB favorites(other than Skip Bayless, but he says it every week, and it should surprise no one)Boo-hoo people like the Cowboys more than us. That news outlet.

Buddy333
09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
I listened to Sirius the next day and it was all bout how good Dallas is, how good Romo is, and how much better the are from last year. I don't want that for the Giants. So it's not like I'm complaining abut slack of respect or something. They played horrible the other night and desrved to be trashed for their performance. It's just annoying how the media is so quick to say Dallas is so good after one game against a wounded team that did enough to help lose the game themselves.

miked1958
09-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I understand the frustration but Dallas just beat the Super Bowl champs. They played very well and won all the battles that mattered. Let them have some fun and hope the Giants are not as rusty on game 2.6 false starts and 2/3 delay of games and coming within a hair of throwing a pick 6 (saved by horse collar) is not what I call playing Well. We just played worse then they did. Also if you noticed our WRs were getting held and bumped after 5 yards all day. Also their OLine having 3 rookies and two guys swapping spots had no choice to keep our line off romo then to HOLD and tackle our DLine on every play. When they saw that the refs were not going to make a call they just continued to do it the whole game. On 2 of Romos tds I saw JPP getting held and brought to the ground

FBomb
09-09-2012, 12:30 PM
What surprises me the most is that this surprises people. He's Romo and plays for the Cowboys. They don't have to be good.

nygon3
09-09-2012, 01:07 PM

To me its the waiting... They pronounce them sb champs every year that is nothing new

sodbuster
09-09-2012, 01:42 PM
it's funny how no body thinks about it was only a7 point game

Rat_bastich
09-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Waiting for the next game is worse because I want to see if the Giants took their loss to heart and improve. I don't care about media attention whether good or bad because nothing matters but the play on the field.

Right now, I am watching the Redskins' game and I can tell you if the Giants play like they did this last week it is going to be a rough going in the division.

Buddy333
09-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Hate to say it but right up unil they just had a punt blocked and ran in for a score Washington looks very good. The Browns are doing a good job hanging with the Eagles. I agree that what makes it tough is that you want to see if they just had a bad game and correct the mistakes.

Sarcasman
09-09-2012, 02:54 PM

The waiting.

No one with any brains listens to anything the media says.

They've been anointing the 'Boys that crown for years now and this is a team that has won 2 playoff games in 16 years and none past the first round.

Rat_bastich
09-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Hate to say it but right up unil they just had a punt blocked and ran in for a score Washington looks very good. The Browns are doing a good job hanging with the Eagles. I agree that what makes it tough is that you want to see if they just had a bad game and correct the mistakes.

Also, I think the older NFL refs just lost their leverage. The refereeing today to this point has been really good.

Kase-1
09-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Waiting until next Sunday to see if the Giants can fix some of their flaws? Or, the media now pronouncing Dallas as the Super Bowl favorites and Romo as the league MVP?I thought you knew, the Jets and Cows are gonna play each other every year in the super bowl

Buddy333
09-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm watching the Redzone and the refs have made a few mistakes.

jomo
09-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Easy answer, not playing for 11 days after a loss is MUCH worse. We've been listening to the media shilling for the cowboys for at least 15 years........nothing new there.