PDA

View Full Version : Rooting for the Eagles the next Two weeks

TroyArcher
12-15-2011, 11:26 AM
First and probably last time I will ever do that.</P>

daynemustgo
12-15-2011, 11:30 AM
never. Dont care if it would help us or not. I hope they lose out.

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 11:35 AM
First and probably last time I will ever do that.</p>

ehhh

u really should only cheer for em this week if both us and dallas win because their game won't matter then.

Just hope they beat the piss out of the Jets so I have some ammo for these cowards

TroyArcher
12-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I hate both teams pretty equally. I figure the Eagles are eliminated anyway after this weekend and if they can hurt the Jets playoff chances so much the better. My hatred for the Jets has grown to an all time high. I hate everything about the Jets.

Kase-1
12-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Id rather root for an STD

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 11:38 AM

that reminds me... we have to talk

VegasGmen
12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
I despise them more than any other team in the league but matters little to me what they do the rest of the way. I would like for them to beat the cowboys and wouldn't mind seeing them get a worse draft pick position

Kase-1
12-15-2011, 11:41 AM

...And I was gonna tell you the same thing, phew that saves us a talk

LOL

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 11:49 AM

...And I was gonna tell you the same thing, phew that saves us a talk

LOL

hahahaha

FBomb
12-15-2011, 11:52 AM

</P>

lol....that reminds me of a prank I played on a goodfriend Tuesday.....he just happens to be a big Cowboys fan.</P>

I told him some chick called my phone looking to get in touch with him and I said I can't give his number out but would have him call her.</P>

I gave him the number to the STD hotline. "If you were notified to call this number a person you've had sexual contact with has been diagnosed with an STD."</P>

He was so freaked out!!! </P>

yoeddy
12-15-2011, 11:52 AM
I will never root for the Eagles. Never.

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 11:55 AM

</p>

lol....that reminds me of a prank I played on a goodfriend Tuesday.....he just happens to be a big Cowboys fan.</p>

I told him some chick called my phone looking to get in touch with him and I said I can't give his number out but would have him call her.</p>

I gave him the number to the STD hotline. "If you were notified to call this number a person you've had sexual contact with has been diagnosed with an STD."</p>

He was so freaked out!!! </p>

hahhaha thats ****ed up...

whats the number? Im def going to **** with some people

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 11:57 AM

but honestly... you have to look at the big picture

Yes we want the Eagles to fail, but they already have.

Hoping they pull it out this week won't change the fact that they've already failed, but it will help them get a worse draft pick and help put the Jets out of it. Then we can come in and put the finishing touches on it.

You have to look at the big picture and let your hate for everybody shine through

TrueBlue@NYC
12-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Root for the Eagles to beat the cowboys, 'boys are our biggest playoff threat.

When root for the Jets to beat the Eagles. As much as I hate the Jets, I can't fathom rooting for a divisional rival to beat an out of conference team.

Besides, we'll be the ones to end the Jets playoff hopes :)

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 11:59 AM

When root for the Jets to beat the Eagles. As much as I hate the Jets, I can't fathom rooting for a divisional rival to beat an out of conference team.

Besides, we'll be the ones to end the Jets playoff hopes :)

with the way the AFC is playing out, only way we probably put the finishing touches on the Jets is if they lose this week

Kase-1
12-15-2011, 11:59 AM

</p>

lol....that reminds me of a prank I played on a goodfriend Tuesday.....he just happens to be a big Cowboys fan.</p>

I told him some chick called my phone looking to get in touch with him and I said I can't give his number out but would have him call her.</p>

I gave him the number to the STD hotline. "If you were notified to call this number a person you've had sexual contact with has been diagnosed with an STD."</p>

He was so freaked out!!! </p>WOW, that is AMAZING!!!

G-Man67
12-15-2011, 12:00 PM
why not just root against the Cowboys?

seeing the words rooting for the Eagles coming from any Giants fan makes me cringe

i still hate the Boys worse ... they are the Eagles+the stoopid America's team BS

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 12:01 PM
i actually hate the Eagles the most (not by much). Cowboys and Jets are like a half step down from them

I also don't want the Eagles having such a ****ty year that they get a nice pick and get a first round stud

NYGJayPro81
12-15-2011, 12:02 PM

</P>

Why would you root for them this week when they could, theoretically, still win the division???</P>

yoeddy
12-15-2011, 12:04 PM

We control our own destiny...win out, and what the Eagles and the Cowboys do will be of no consequence.

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 12:05 PM

</p>

Why would you root for them this week when they could, theoretically, still win the division???</p>

they are done

NYGJayPro81
12-15-2011, 12:10 PM

</P>

Why would you root for them this week when they could, theoretically, still win the division???</P>

they are done
</P>

They have not been mathematically eliminated...so they are not "done" </P>

I just hope they lose to the Jets and beat the Cowboys.</P>

FBomb
12-15-2011, 12:12 PM

</P>

lol....that reminds me of a prank I played on a goodfriend Tuesday.....he just happens to be a big Cowboys fan.</P>

I told him some chick called my phone looking to get in touch with him and I said I can't give his number out but would have him call her.</P>

I gave him the number to the STD hotline. "If you were notified to call this number a person you've had sexual contact with has been diagnosed with an STD."</P>

He was so freaked out!!! </P>

hahhaha thats ****ed up...

whats the number? Im def going to **** with some people
</P>

PM</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 12:14 PM

</p>

Why would you root for them this week when they could, theoretically, still win the division???</p>

they are done
</p>

They have not been mathematically eliminated...so they are not "done" </p>

I just hope they lose to the Jets and beat the Cowboys.</p>

not officially, but they are done

Giantsin04
12-15-2011, 12:31 PM
They're not eliminated yet.

Ideally, the Eagles need to lose to the Jets so they can't get to 8 wins. Then, beat the Cowboys to help us seperate ourselves from the biggest threat.

blueomaha
12-15-2011, 12:33 PM
not in this lifetime....

FBomb
12-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind if we were BOTH 9-6 when we meet again. Could be OUR Superbowl.

dezzzR
12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
fbomb and matt exchanging info on a std hotline? seems like every things normal around here....

FBomb
12-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind if we were BOTH 9-6 when we meet again. Could be OUR Superbowl.</P>

Think about it...EVERYTHING on the line!!! Win and we go to the playoffs and Coughlin likely saves his job.</P>

Lose and we miss the playoffs again and we start over "under new management"</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 12:47 PM
fbomb and matt exchanging info on a std hotline? seems like every things normal around here....

hahaha i just got Daven with it though

+1 for fbomb

FBomb
12-15-2011, 12:47 PM
</P>

Well, I figured I at least owed him THAT much.</P>

dezzzR
12-15-2011, 12:49 PM

hahaha i just got Daven with it though

+1 for fbomb
lmao.

giants63
12-15-2011, 01:04 PM
I absolutely despise both teams. I hope the game ends in a zero to zero tie and goes down as the worst NFL game in history.

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 01:20 PM
fbomb - no homo, but i love u for this number

i just tried it on my girlfriend - not sure how its gonna go, but im hoping for a laugh

jimsgints
12-15-2011, 01:23 PM
I understand what you're saying, I can't do it, I dispise the eagles. they must lose. The eagle will lose.

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 01:48 PM
do not

I repeat - DO NOT

pull this prank on your girlfriend

Rusty192
12-15-2011, 01:54 PM
do not

I repeat - DO NOT

lol I cant believe you did. lmao

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 01:55 PM
do not

I repeat - DO NOT

lol i had to try lol

JMFP2
12-15-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm on the fence about Jets-Eagles.

If the Jets win, then the Eagles are definitely out of playoff contention...that helps clear the field a bit for the Giants, but also removes motivation for the Eagles to play the Cowboys tough.

barran21
12-15-2011, 02:01 PM
The Jets have never beaten the Eagles they are 0-8...

Rusty192
12-15-2011, 02:03 PM
do not

I repeat - DO NOT

lol i had to try lol
I hope your love is strong lol

TroyArcher
12-15-2011, 02:10 PM

</P>

</P>

If the Giants can't win 2 of the next 3 games they do not deserve a playoff berth. </P>

Morehead State
12-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Eagles are not eliminated they can win out and sneak in if both us and the Cowboys lose 2 out of 3.</P>

Rooting for the Eagles is stupid on many fronts.</P>

And who the hell cares about the friggin Jets?</P>

BigBlue187
12-15-2011, 03:06 PM
I could care less if the Eagles beat the Jets, at this point I don't have the energy to root against the jets as well as root for the giants and against the cowboys lol I believe the scenario is if we beat the skins and jets and the cowboys lose to the eagles than we clinch before the last game. so I will be rooting for the eagles for the firs time in a long time lol

JMFP2
12-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I could care less if the Eagles beat the Jets,* at this point I don't have the energy to root against the jets as well as root for the giants and against the cowboys lol* I believe the scenario is if we beat the skins and jets and the cowboys lose to the eagles than we clinch before the last game.* so I will be rooting for the eagles for the firs time in a long time lol*

Yeah, I'd really like to be able to clinch a berth before the season finale. Being able to sit some guys and then get a home playoff game would be huge.

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 03:22 PM
i'll give odds to anybody that thinks an 8-8 team will win the division

JMFP2
12-15-2011, 03:34 PM

In a division that doens't include the Giants and Cowboys....

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 03:40 PM

In a division that doens't include the Giants and Cowboys....

ehhh

im not onto the curse that we have end of the year woes

we are of the curse that our schedule has been backloaded with really good teams for the past 3 years and we haven't been able to beat any of them....

While we can lose to any of these team obviously, im not THAT worried. It isn't like the Saints or PAckers are coming to town....

hungrrrry
12-15-2011, 04:11 PM
As long as we win over the next two weeks...if we don't then we may find ourselves in a threeway race to the playoffs with Dallas and the eagles...philly is not out yet...unfortunately

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 08:02 PM
im writing em off... no way between us and the cowboys that there is nobody with a 9-7 record atop the NFC East

NYGRealityCheck
12-15-2011, 09:25 PM
No to rooting for the Eagles... What's wrong with the Giants just winning out their OWN games for the rest of the season? They control their own destiny again.

FBomb
12-15-2011, 09:29 PM
do not

I repeat - DO NOT

</P>

LMAO!!!!</P>

BigBlue187
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I was wrong, Giants have to win out the next two weeks and Cowboys have to lose out in order for us to clinch, so my money is on its going to come down to that final week.

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 05:33 PM
do not

I repeat - DO NOT

</p>

LMAO!!!!</p>

i had to go for it

egyptian420
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
If the Eagles beat the Jets, not only is it good that the Jets lost, but it also gives motivation for the Eagles to keep their season alive and play their a## off against the cowboys. I'd love for the Eagles to beat the cowboys, that will help us out plenty, plus I don't think the Eagles are a threat to us at this point. If we allow them to become a threat to us, then we probably shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 06:04 PM
If the Eagles beat the Jets, not only is it good that the Jets lost, but it also gives motivation for the Eagles to keep their season alive and play their a## off against the cowboys. I'd love for the Eagles to beat the cowboys, that will help us out plenty, plus I don't think the Eagles are a threat to us at this point. If we allow them to become a threat to us, then we probably shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

yea but unless dallas loses vs tb or we lose vs the Skins and Jets, it won't matter what philly does to the boys

egyptian420
12-16-2011, 06:08 PM

yea but unless dallas loses vs tb or we lose vs the Skins and Jets, it won't matter what philly does to the boys

Very true....well I hope they beat the boys anyways :P

egyptian420
12-16-2011, 06:09 PM

Very true....well I hope they beat the boys anyways :P

.....or alternatively (better) the cowboys can lose to TB

miked1958
12-16-2011, 06:57 PM
They are still alive for the playoffs, Dallas and NY have to both win this week in order to eliminate them

tonyt830
12-16-2011, 09:05 PM
No to rooting for the Eagles... What's wrong with the Giants just winning out their OWN games for the rest of the season? They control their own destiny again.exactly! The Giants just need to take care of their own business and not worry about other teams unless we play them. Its hard for me to root for any divisional rival. I used to not care about the Jets. But yes Rex The Hutt and his mouth have gotten me to dislike the Jets a lot more over the passed 2 years.</P>

</P>

But I feel the Jets will be irrelevant even if they make the playoffs as a wildcard. I havent checked the scenarios, but some of the Jets fans are probably looking at ways the Jets could back into the playoffs like they did in 09--LOL!! I want to see the Eagles fail as well, but like Matt mentioned, the Eagles have failed this year---most of those so-called experts thought the Eagles would be the biggest threat to the Packers in the nFC this year! </P>

</P>

I wonder if Andy Reid will show Rex the good eateries in the Philly area? Can you imagine Rex and Andy together at an all you can eat buffet? LOL!!</P>

stormin normand
12-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Don't like the Jets used to not care one way or the other dont like 'em now!. Too much BS every time we tried something for our org. in GIANTS stadium well ok I hate 'em now
BUT I HATE PHILLY MORE
I hate philly more than even Dalass. I hate philly more than mayonaise and you know how much I hate mayonaise

Besides the jets are in the AFC gotta hope philly loses that one.
Beats the boys and get real banged up v the skinz.

Hope lil d loses out.

Love to see

Giantshock80
12-17-2011, 11:25 AM

</P>

they are done
</P>

They have not been mathematically eliminated...so they are not "done" </P>

I just hope they lose to the Jets and beat the Cowboys.</P>

+1

UK-Giantsfan
12-17-2011, 02:12 PM
for God sake dont root for the Eagles !

for a number of reasons

1 ) They can still win the NFC East
2) They are the f88888g Eagles for Christ's sake
3) If they beat the Jets it makes the week 16 game even more crucial for the Jets against us in terms of the AFC Wildcard race
4) They are the ****** Eagles for ^^^^ sake !

miked1958
12-17-2011, 06:05 PM

We control our own destiny...win out, and what the Eagles and the Cowboys do will be of no consequence.
Cowboys can lose tonight and still control their own destiny. All they would have to do is win final 2 (eagles and giants) and they win the East. So we both control our own chances

Joe Morrison
12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I really hate to say it but I would love to see the Eagles embarrass the Jets tomorrow, so sick of Ryan and the delusion that Sanchez is a NFL QB.</P>

They play a couple lousy teams and right away there superbowl contenders, if they beat the Eagles then maybe I'll give them a little credit, right now they have shown they can't beat anyone with a winning record.</P>