PDA

View Full Version : Trade Osi for a CB

Manning
09-08-2012, 08:18 PM
This is the only logical thing I can think of for this team.

Osi was completely invisible on Wednesday night, and honestly we would be better off with a full-time CB than a part-time DE.

He has one year left, so he is the easiest piece to trade.

What top CBs around the NFL have one year left on their deals?

Eli TO Shockey
09-08-2012, 08:19 PM
this is rediculous and will never happen. The End.

Manning
09-08-2012, 08:21 PM
this is rediculous and will never happen. The End.

You think THIS is ridiculous. Osi has been a malcontent for almost two years. Osi shows up when he wants to and doesn't even play full-time. Giants wanted to trade him for a 2nd/1st round pick 18 months ago.

The Caster Kid
09-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Never happen because they just gave him money? Or why? It does seem unlikely given NYG's track record of trades, but it's definitely an interesting thought.

brad
09-08-2012, 08:24 PM
LOL, I brought this up, half joking, in another thread. If he is as useless to the Giants as you say, why would anyone give up a top CB for him?

I can see your train of thought, DE is by far the deepest position for the Giants, so trading Osi would be the easiest to replace, especially given the fact that he is likely gone after this year. However, I find this move extremely unlikely, but if they found someone willing to trade a decent CB I would be for it. Personally, I think O-line is the bigger issue however.

Eli TO Shockey
09-08-2012, 08:25 PM
You think THIS is ridiculous. Osi has been a malcontent for almost two years. Osi shows up when he wants to and doesn't even play full-time. Giants wanted to trade him for a 2nd/1st round pick 18 months ago.

Osi will be a focal part of this defense for the entire season. 1 game will not put him on the trade block. Besides, the nascar package will not be as affective without OSI.

All hail the OSI!

Rudyy
09-08-2012, 08:26 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

Manning
09-08-2012, 08:28 PM
LOL, I brought this up, half joking, in another thread. If he is as useless to the Giants as you say, why would anyone give up a top CB for him?

I can see your train of thought, DE is by far the deepest position for the Giants, so trading Osi would be the easiest to replace, especially given the fact that he is likely gone after this year. However, I find this move extremely unlikely, but if they found someone willing to trade a decent CB I would be for it. Personally, I think O-line is the bigger issue however.

I'm not saying he is useless, and he does make huge impact plays for the Giants. But other teams might find him way more useful for them than the Giants. This is why a team who is need of a pass rushing DE could possibly trade a CB.

Brent Grimes & Jason McCourty are possible free agents I believe.

Edit: Jason McCourty signed a contract extension at end of August. Nvm.

Drez
09-08-2012, 08:28 PM

Osi was completely invisible on Wednesday night, and honestly we would be better off with a full-time CB than a part-time DE.

One year left makes him more difficult to trade. More than likely he'd have to work out a new deal with the team trading for him before they'd make the trade.

Manning
09-08-2012, 08:31 PM
One year left makes him more difficult to trade. More than likely he'd have to work out a new deal with the team trading for him before they'd make the trade.

Brent Grimes doesn't seem thrilled with the Falcons.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-08-2012, 08:32 PM
.................sigh

Manning
09-08-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't why fans are being so loyal to Osi here. I have loved what Osi does for us, but the CB position is SO THIN, and that is something we can't hide. Osi is gone after this year, so why not try to improve our team by dealing him.

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Never happen because they just gave him money? Or why? It does seem unlikely given NYG's track record of trades, but it's definitely an interesting thought.

The GIANTS did not want to trade him. They allowed him, and is agent, to look for a buyer willing to give up a first round draft pick knowing it would never happen.

brad
09-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Some variation of this thread has been posted so many times over last season, the off season and now into this season. I guess most of us know that Osi won't be traded.

Manning
09-08-2012, 08:40 PM
The GIANTS did not want to trade him. They allowed him, and is agent, to look for a buyer willing to give up a first round draft pick knowing it would never happen.

Maybe I should rephrase and say the Giants weren't opposed to dealing him.

Eli TO Shockey
09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
the sky is not falling. the world is not ending. Please get off the ledge. Osi will be a huge contributor to our defense this season. I look forward to it.

Manning
09-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Some variation of this thread has been posted so many times over last season, the off season and now into this season. I guess most of us know that Osi won't be traded.

But at that time, we didn't need anything. We were sitting pretty with Webster, Thomas, Prince, etc....

Flip Empty
09-08-2012, 08:43 PM
My god, just stop.

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Maybe I should rephrase and say the Giants weren't opposed to dealing him.

It was an attempt to show Osi his true worth on the open market. It was a negotiating strategy. I am sure they would ave dealt him if a team offered a 1st, but it was really unlikely.

Manning
09-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I thought this was a logical proposition. I guess I'm wrong.

rainierjef
09-08-2012, 08:48 PM
It was an attempt to show Osi his true worth on the open market. It was a negotiating strategy. I am sure they would ave dealt him if a team offered a 1st, but it was really unlikely.
no team was giving up a first for osi due to his age; and that alone. his production my gain some interest but it always falls back to longevity at that productive level and osi was not the best candidate for that.

ShakeandBake
09-08-2012, 08:50 PM
The guy has one year left on his contract, plus we just gave him additional money this year for no apparent reason other than to pacify his crying. No one is going to want to trade for him.

rainierjef
09-08-2012, 08:54 PM
The guy has one year left on his contract, plus we just gave him additional money this year for no apparent reason other than to pacify his crying. No one is going to want to trade for him.
but if he has a 10 FF year then what do you say?

The Caster Kid
09-08-2012, 08:54 PM
There's a lot of this "no one" talk... let's not forget how poorly run some of the teams in the NFL are. I bet we can all name 4 teams that would definitely like an aging, complaining, but still effective DE for a relatively decent trade. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be playing many of those teams this year, but still.

nhpgiantsfan
09-08-2012, 09:36 PM
But at that time, we didn't need anything. We were sitting pretty with Webster, Thomas, Prince, etc....

That was Reese's first problem. Thinking we were sitting pretty with CWebb, T2, and Prince.
A slightly above average vet, a guy with 2 ACL's, and a second year player with about 10 games under his belt.

Huge mistake. I got crushed here for wanting to keep Ross. Not because I thought he was that great, but we knew we could win with him.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Reese offered Ross a contract, Ross wasnted to be a starter elsewhere.

BuffyBlueII
09-08-2012, 09:55 PM
I thought this was a logical proposition. I guess I'm wrong.

I was very much for getting what we could for Osi Umenyora before the season started. Even if all we got was a 2 and 3 I would have been happy. Instead we allowed him to hold us up and we paid him. I think if we didnít pay him then we may have been better off because he would have to give a lot of effort this year for a contract somewhere else next season. We gave him the money and now it appears as if instead of being grateful and giving extra effort, he is going to have the mindset that it was owed to him and he can slack when he wants. If we are 3-6 at some point this season and it seems as if we are out of contention, look for Osi Umenyora to have a knee issue or some other type of medical problem that will cause him to sit out the season.

Yeah I know that Osi Umenyora has high percentage of sacks and forced fumbles for amount of games played but please realize that although talented, it is our very talented defensive line that makes it possible for him to do the things he has. The funny part that if we had traded him to Baltimore Ravens, he would have shined there because of the defensive talent.

I can understand Jerry Reese not wanting to mess up the chemistry of the defensive line however I ould have liked to have seen him save the money and give Brandon Jacobs the $500,000 difference that caused him to go to San Francisco 49ers and put the rest of the money we paid Osi Umenyora toward other personnell.

If we are winning look for Osi Umenyora to play and be a part of the team. If we go on a losing streakthen expect him to be the malcontent he always has been.

ShakeandBake
09-08-2012, 10:01 PM
but if he has a 10 FF year then what do you say?

It doesn't matter, we still gave him more money for no other reason than to appease him. I hope he performs well but like I said there was really no reason to give him a bump in pay. We have been down this road before so lets end it here before we start running in circles yet again.

rainierjef
09-08-2012, 10:04 PM
It doesn't matter, we still gave him more money for no other reason than to appease him. I hope he performs well but like I said there was really no reason to give him a bump in pay. We have been down this road before so lets end it here before we start running in circles yet again.
fair enough
i believe in paying your impact players
you have other ideas on how that money can be spent
cool with me

ShakeandBake
09-08-2012, 10:10 PM
fair enough
i believe in paying your impact players
you have other ideas on how that money can be spent
cool with me

Impact players and players that believe they are top 5 at their position are two different things, like I said I'm not going to go through this with you again no matter how much you bait me, but just let me say thank god we don't have "genius" fans like you running this team.

rainierjef
09-08-2012, 10:17 PM
oh i can say the same for you guy.
and if you think Osi wasn't an impact player last year then i don't know what to tell you
and Osi never said he was a top 5 DE, reese told him i would either pay you Top 5 DE money or trade you.
if your going to bash or hate on a player especially one that plays for your team please do so correctly with the right information, you sound like one of those trade Cruz guys cause he didn't perform.
just my honest opinion
have a good one bro

here's osi's affidavit if you don't remember.

"In early April 2008, approximately two weeks before the start of the New York Giants offseason conditioning program, I, Osi Umenyiora, had a meeting with the general manager of the New York Giants, Mr. Jerry Reese.

"After about an hour of discussing my current contract, as well as the contracts of other defensive ends currently playing in the National Football League, Mr. Reese told me that two years from the start of the 2008 league year, if I was currently playing at a high level, we'd either renegotiate my current contract so that it would be equal to that of the top five defensive ends playing or I would be traded to a team that would do that.

"Before leaving the meeting, I asked Mr. Reese twice if he was absolutely sure that would be the case. He then told me that he was an honest and church-going man and that he would not lie, which I believed to be the case. Under the penalty of perjury these statements are true and accurate."

rainierjef
09-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread OP im done now

ShakeandBake
09-08-2012, 10:24 PM
oh i can say the same for you guy.
and if you think Osi wasn't an impact player last year then i don't know what to tell you
and Osi never said he was a top 5 DE, reese told him i would either pay you Top 5 DE money or trade you.
if your going to bash or hate on a player especially one that plays for your team please do so correctly with the right information, you sound like one of those trade Cruz guys cause he didn't perform.
just my honest opinion
have a good one bro

First of all, stick to making sigs because reading comprehension clearly isn't your forte'. I said he was an impact player last year, but not a top 5 DE. You were one of the advocates for giving him a new contract, one that he was promised based on his performance which he did not uphold on his end. Then you jump for joy when we give the guy a salary boost after the crap he pulled last year, where he had an unnecessary surgery before the season began, then feigned injury until the emergence of JPP when he realized he lost all of his leverage. The guy can play, I never doubted that like you say but
if we had someone like you for a GM we would have a team full of malcontents like him demanding new contracts every year.

Anyway, if you're going to try to bash me, maybe you should go back to grade school and learn how to read, just my honest opinion, have a good one bro.

gmen46
09-08-2012, 10:38 PM

There was a reason, in Reese and Mara's mind, to give Osi the raise--- it was the way he played during the regular season, those 9 games he was healthy, and the way he played in the post season.

If you really believe they would pay Osi more for the last year of his contract "for no other reason than to appease him", you are nuts. They have never done that with any player before, and they weren't about to do that now, setting a precedent for other players in the future.

This "bonus" for Osi was the natural follow up to what Reese had offered Osi a year earlier, but which Osi at the time refused. After experiencing what he did last off season and pre season, Osi finally realized he would not get an extension before the expiration of his current contract, so when Reese made a similar offer this past spring, he took it, and gladly.

I'm sure the expression "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts" has no meaning for you, but that expression precisely defines our defensive line with Osi in the mix. He is better for playing on this Giants unit, as it is currently structured, and the Giants defense is much better with Osi than it would be without him--Tuck, JPP, and Kiwi notwithstanding.

You obviously don't get that, but there it is.

rainierjef
09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
First of all, stick to making sigs because reading comprehension clearly isn't your forte'. I said he was an impact player last year, but not a top 5 DE. You were one of the advocates for giving him a new contract, one that he was promised based on his performance which he did not uphold on his end. Then you jump for joy when we give the guy a salary boost after the crap he pulled last year, where he had an unnecessary surgery before the season began, then feigned injury until the emergence of JPP when he realized he lost all of his leverage. The guy can play, I never doubted that like you say but
if we had someone like you for a GM we would have a team full of malcontents like him demanding new contracts every year.

Anyway, if you're going to try to bash me, maybe you should go back to grade school and learn how to read, just my honest opinion, have a good one bro.

its takes reading comprehension to learn how to use photoshop/illustrator/flash/dreamweaver all of which i am profecient with
it also takes reading comprehension to not prescribe the wrong medication to active duty flyers ranging from C-40's to F-22's
so before you go off on your little tirade of how reading comprehension is not my forte, while that might be your opinion in this little world of yours called a message board and responding to posts, i have degree's that state other wise; please don't take that the wrong way you attacked my intelligence i countered i am not calling you stupid.

back to the topic.

Impact players and players that believe they are top 5 at their position are two different things, but just let me say thank god we don't have "genius" fans like you running this team.

this is what you said, which implies the
I said he was an impact player last year, but not a top 5 DE. Is inaccurate that is not what you said as i put your exact quote unchanged here for you to re read. you actually implied that Osi thinks he is a top 5 DE by saying "players that believe they are top 5 at their position," which is why i said Osi does not believe he is a top 5 DE.

I Think your being a little *****y today cause if you read what i said it should fall in line with what your saying
you believe Osi is an impact player even if it was for last year
i said i believe in paying our impact players.
where's the problem?

Osi's contractual obligations i don't care about, once Reese opened up the forum for changing that contract. him being held to his rookie contract became void in meaning my opinion. Had he not been injured / and produced the 2010 season numbers in 08 and the 2011 numbers in 09, or even if we kept the 09 season stats, then we wouldn't be having this discussion would we?
( 09 sucked cause sheridan sucked!)
did i jump for joy really? were you in my office on hickam AFB when i learned about osi getting the bonus, how was my facial expression? i didn't even make a post about it how could you know cleo?

"where he had an unnecessary surgery before the season began, then feigned injury until the emergence of JPP when he realized he lost all of his leverage." once again this is your assumption and while it might be shared by many i think its a bitter response to the situation. i think jake ballard said it best to a hater on twitter some people have no right to comment on what they can't do. you have no idea what osi's pain level was during practice all you do is read the news and judge, could he have been faking possibility, but the way he was humble in his return even saying JPP should be the starter in my opinion i doubt it.

and look this if you were the GM if i were the GM argument is stupid if i was the GM i don't know what i would do or how i would handle things i think my team might go 0-16 for all i care, its not the position i hold in life and thank god i can't do that job.

and you started the bashing bro and even continued, why grade school though we start learning how to read in kindergarten at least send me back there frequent nap times, im down.

ShakeandBake
09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
There was a reason, in Reese and Mara's mind, to give Osi the raise--- it was the way he played during the regular season, those 9 games he was healthy, and the way he played in the post season.

If you really believe they would pay Osi more for the last year of his contract "for no other reason than to appease him", you are nuts. They have never done that with any player before, and they weren't about to do that now, setting a precedent for other players in the future.

This "bonus" for Osi was the natural follow up to what Reese had offered Osi a year earlier, but which Osi at the time refused. After experiencing what he did last off season and pre season, Osi finally realized he would not get an extension before the expiration of his current contract, so when Reese made a similar offer this past spring, he took it, and gladly.

I'm sure the expression "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts" has no meaning for you, but that expression precisely defines our defensive line with Osi in the mix. He is better for playing on this Giants unit, as it is currently structured, and the Giants defense is much better with Osi than it would be without him--Tuck, JPP, and Kiwi notwithstanding.

You obviously don't get that, but there it is.

Where did I say that I didn't want him on the team? I said there was no reason to pay him, and there wasn't because he was still under contract. Last year he lost all of his leverage when JPP stepped it up so there was no reason to give him the money, and he didn't deserve it because of the stunt he pulled last year. Also, where did I say that Osi didn't make this team a better team? Here, let me make it crystal clear for you, Osi is a malcontent, one with talent. At this point in the game his talent outweighs the bad, so he is worth keeping around for the time being.

Anyway, thanks for putting words in my mouth, and then following that up with an idiotic baseless assumption.

Captain Chaos
09-08-2012, 10:59 PM
I don't think that will serve us well throughout the entire season.

ShakeandBake
09-08-2012, 11:00 PM
its takes reading comprehension to learn how to use photoshop/illustrator/flash/dreamweaver all of which i am profecient with
it also takes reading comprehension to not prescribe the wrong medication to active duty flyers ranging from C-40's to F-22's
so before you go off on your little tirade of how reading comprehension is not my forte, while that might be your opinion in this little world of yours called a message board and responding to posts, i have degree's that state other wise; please don't take that the wrong way you attacked my intelligence i countered i am not calling you stupid.

back to the topic.

this is what you said, which implies the Is inaccurate that is not what you said as i put your exact quote unchanged here for you to re read. you actually implied that Osi thinks he is a top 5 DE by saying "players that believe they are top 5 at their position," which is why i said Osi does not believe he is a top 5 DE.

I Think your being a little *****y today cause if you read what i said it should fall in line with what your saying
you believe Osi is an impact player even if it was for last year
i said i believe in paying our impact players.
where's the problem?

Osi's contractual obligations i don't care about, once Reese opened up the forum for changing that contract. him being held to his rookie contract became void in meaning my opinion. Had he not been injured / and produced the 2010 season numbers in 09 then we wouldn't be having this discussion would we?

did i jump for joy really? were you in my office on hickam AFB when i learned about osi getting the bonus, how was my facial expression? i didn't even make a post about it how could you know cleo?

"where he had an unnecessary surgery before the season began, then feigned injury until the emergence of JPP when he realized he lost all of his leverage." once again this is your assumption and while it might be shared by many i think its a bitter response to the situation. i think jake ballard said it best to a hater on twitter some people have no right to comment on what they can't do. you have no idea what osi's pain level was during practice all you do is read the news and judge, could he have been faking possibility, but the way he was humble in his return even saying JPP should be the starter in my opinion i doubt it.

and look this if you were the GM if i were the GM argument is stupid if i was the GM i don't know what i would do or how i would handle things i think my team might go 0-16 for all i care, its not the position i hold in life and thank god i can't do that job.

and you started the bashing bro and even continued, why grade school though we start learning how to read in kindergarten at least send me back there frequent nap times, im down.

Again, I am sorry that you fail at reading comprehension, but I am done teaching you for the night unless you want to start paying me $50/hr for the tutoring.

rainierjef
09-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Again, I am sorry that you fail at reading comprehension, but I am done teaching you for the night unless you want to start paying me $50/hr for the tutoring.

cool story bro

nhpgiantsfan
09-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Reese offered Ross a contract, Ross wasnted to be a starter elsewhere.

At what point did they ever make Ross an offer? I am pretty sure you are mistaken.

gmen46
09-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Where did I say that I didn't want him on the team? I said there was no reason to pay him, and there wasn't because he was still under contract. Last year he lost all of his leverage when JPP stepped it up so there was no reason to give him the money, and he didn't deserve it because of the stunt he pulled last year. Also, where did I say that Osi didn't make this team a better team? Here, let me make it crystal clear for you, Osi is a malcontent, one with talent. At this point in the game his talent outweighs the bad, so he is worth keeping around for the time being.

Anyway, thanks for putting words in my mouth, and then following that up with an idiotic baseless assumption.

When you say there "was no reason" for Reese and Mara to increase his pay for the last year of his contract, that implies that Reese and Mara don't know what they're doing and why they're doing it. I say that, in their minds, there was a reason. You just don't agree with it. Your agreeing or disagreeing with an action of Giants management does not define the authenticity of their action.

That's not "putting words in your mouth" followed up "with an idiotic baseless assumption". In fact, the "idiotic assumption" that the Giants paying Osi a bonus this year is "without reason" and simply "an appeasement" to Osi, may have been made by someone else in this thread. I won't mention names.

There is a commonality in insulting Ranier with your "reading comprehension" remarks, and with your "idiotic baseless assumption" remarks in reference to me. You need to chill. The season is just beginning, and there will be ample opportunities to disagree. Childish insults tend to end honest debates badly.

rainierjef
09-08-2012, 11:37 PM
i think im gonna take him up on his 50 dollar an hour offer tutoring

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 11:38 PM
what did indy have to give up for vontae davis? man that would be sweet if we could have traded for him. i thnk it was just a 2nd iirc

ShakeandBake
09-08-2012, 11:52 PM
When you say there "was no reason" for Reese and Mara to increase his pay for the last year of his contract, that implies that Reese and Mara don't know what they're doing and why they're doing it. I say that, in their minds, there was a reason. You just don't agree with it. Your agreeing or disagreeing with an action of Giants management does not define the authenticity of their action.

That's not "putting words in your mouth" followed up "with an idiotic baseless assumption". In fact, the "idiotic assumption" that the Giants paying Osi a bonus this year is "without reason" and simply "an appeasement" to Osi, may have been made by someone else in this thread. I won't mention names.

There is a commonality in insulting Ranier with your "reading comprehension" remarks, and with your "idiotic baseless assumption" remarks in reference to me. You need to chill. The season is just beginning, and there will be ample opportunities to disagree. Childish insults tend to end honest debates badly.

No, it implies that I think they made a bad decision in this case, it does not imply that I do not think they know what they are doing as you are implying. Making one mistake and being incompetent are two totally different things, and if you are assuming that I think our GM and owner do not know what they are doing in the grand scheme of things, then you are making an incorrect assumption. I like what JR and JM have done for the team recently, clearly the know what they are doing, based on our recent championships and playoff appearances as of late.People disagree with management all the time on these boards, it does not necessarily mean that they think our management is incompetent.

So yes indeed, it is putting words in my mouth. If you don't want to be insulted, don't be nasty and pick a fight with me, like you are doing again here. The first quote of mine you responded to was in also reference to another thread Rainer and I had, so you don't even know the full meaning behind my "reading comprehension" comment. So here you are again, making baseless assumptions which I see is a commonality in your posts. Hey, at least you are consistent!

offingmoot
09-09-2012, 12:06 AM
What if he could be traded for o-line AND some DB help? I would be ok with that.

Eliscruzzz
09-09-2012, 12:39 AM
what did indy have to give up for vontae davis? man that would be sweet if we could have traded for him. i thnk it was just a 2nd iirc They gave up a second rounder

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-09-2012, 01:07 AM
this is rediculous and will never happen. The End.It probably won't happen, but why is that so ridiculous? We are screwed at the CBS position and we have plenty of pass rushers.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Cb not CBS lol

GameTime
09-09-2012, 01:12 AM

shut up......

RichGiants81
09-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Terrible idea, you really think we are getting 16 games out of tuck and jpp? I hope we do but highly doubt it. There could even be a game (god forbid) they are both out then whag

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 03:52 AM
I won't lie, I wouldnt be 100% against this. I'd give it thought. Well, I am giving it thought and depending on the corner, if i was GM, i may go for it.

Die-Hard
09-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Keep this thread on topic, guys, and stop with the attacks. It wont be tolerated beyond this point.

Thanks

B-Red22
09-09-2012, 07:38 AM

So we finally have a happy Osi and now you want to trade him?? riiiiight.

Toadofsteel
09-09-2012, 07:55 AM
So we finally have a happy Osi and now you want to trade him?? riiiiight.

Apparently a happy Osi is an invisible Osi... don't want to trade him, but just sayin'...

Diamondring
09-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Osi is a overrated player and Giants just wasted money on him. Yet I hope he gets his act together.

giantsfan420
09-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Osi is a overrated player and Giants just wasted money on him. Yet I hope he gets his act together.

u think he's overrated? i think its prob fair, a lot of people recognize he has a tremendous pass rush, but isnt strong vs the run. and many also recognize his injury and effort history.
its fun to think about trading and who we can get, but we went thru all this already for so long about trading osi...if we didnt trade him before we bumped his pay, why would we trade him after? also, osi is going to make an impact this season, lets not pretend like he wont. he's had a history of disappearing for some games in the past...it didnt appear to me like it was an effort issue with osi, he just was not getting it done. it happens...

Tmurda1984
09-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Why traded Osi...Lets just trade Rolle and actually get a defensive back that can cover. He's still a household name and his overrated total tackles stat might interest someone out there.

giantyankee1976
09-09-2012, 09:11 AM

slap the s out of my head ...

we need a rotation at key D-Line positions.

we are already thin at interior D and obviously Corner

why would we further weaken ourselves ?

you ask me, Coe has potential, Tryon is the baggage to let go.

perhaps roll Antrel over to Corner and let Will Hill get some snaps?

Diamondring
09-09-2012, 10:38 AM
u think he's overrated? i think its prob fair, a lot of people recognize he has a tremendous pass rush, but isnt strong vs the run. and many also recognize his injury and effort history.
its fun to think about trading and who we can get, but we went thru all this already for so long about trading osi...if we didnt trade him before we bumped his pay, why would we trade him after? also, osi is going to make an impact this season, lets not pretend like he wont. he's had a history of disappearing for some games in the past...it didnt appear to me like it was an effort issue with osi, he just was not getting it done. it happens...One thing Osi maybe doesn't do is improve himself. I think he is a speed rusher and tries to get around his blockers instead of going through them. He needs to do this inorder to amp up his game. JPP goes around and through his defender. With this strength and technique, JPP can do many things and get pressure constabtly and occasionally. I did not see that with Osi. I wish I could see him at least be there to be able to make the tackle. If this happens then that is a good thing. Yet if it didn't and it keeps on happening.

Manning
11-17-2012, 03:15 PM
YEAH MAN OSI IS UNTRADEABLE! HES MADE SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS ALL YEAR. F ALL YA!

RoanokeFan
11-17-2012, 03:34 PM
YEAH MAN OSI IS UNTRADEABLE! HES MADE SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS ALL YEAR. F ALL YA!

Bored?

Marvelousmik
11-17-2012, 03:49 PM

its ridiculous because this is not NFL Madden. The trade deadline is gone and even if it wasnt gone there is no team that would trade a top corner for osi. At this point in his career I dont even know if a team would be willing to even give up a 6th round pick and i'm not even exaggrating

ShakeandBake
11-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I want Osi gone probably more than anyone on these boards but no one is going to give a top flight corner for him. He is in the last year of his contract, and on top of that we gave him an extra 6 million this year for no good reason, which would make it even more difficult to get rid of him. We couldn't get better than a 3rd round draft pick for him last year, so no manager in their right mind would give anything more than that this year. This is all hypothetical considering that the trade deadline has come and gone this year anyway as others have said.

CowboysSuck
11-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Osi's trade stock is that of a mangy squirrel. The guy is old...he was on the 2003 team for crying out loud..

Diamondring
11-17-2012, 05:34 PM
If we give up a no good player like Osi, we should get a no good db in return. Might as well keep Osi.

Manning
11-17-2012, 05:39 PM
its ridiculous because this is not NFL Madden. The trade deadline is gone and even if it wasnt gone there is no team that would trade a top corner for osi. At this point in his career I dont even know if a team would be willing to even give up a 6th round pick and i'm not even exaggrating

This was posted after our loss to Dallas.

Manning
11-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Osi's trade stock is that of a mangy squirrel. The guy is old...he was on the 2003 team for crying out loud..

We couldn't even get a 7th rounder for this bum now.