PDA

View Full Version : Team-By-Team salary cap sapce as of 9/7/2012

RoanokeFan
09-08-2012, 09:49 PM
LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/08/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-7/)

Excerpt: "Once the regular season begins, the salary-cap calculation changes. Instead of factoring in the 51 highest-paid players, the in-season cap takes into account all 53 players, the practice squad, and players on reserve lists. Here's the league's official version of the list, as of Friday, September 7.]

Giants: $2.2 million." Read more...

Captain Chaos
09-08-2012, 10:00 PM
The injury bug seems to have bitten us in more ways than one!!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-08-2012, 11:50 PM
My Lord.... I don't care if the Eagles have never had success.. HOW in the hell do they ALWAYS have one of the best caps in the league? They are at the very top this season with Eagles: $21.4 million?

That is nuts.... they have almost 10x more cap then us.

Before anyone brings up our Super Bowls and that's all that matters yes, I understand that and wouldn't trade places with them anything.

I'm merely saying that it's remarkable how they handle the cap while having such a talented roster....

gumby74
09-09-2012, 01:01 AM
My Lord.... I don't care if the Eagles have never had success.. HOW in the hell do they ALWAYS have one of the best caps in the league? They are at the very top this season with Eagles: $21.4 million?

Before anyone brings up our Super Bowls and that's all that matters yes, I understand that and wouldn't trade places with them anything.

I'm merely saying that it's remarkable how they handle the cap while having such a talented roster....

up until recently they rarely re-signed any of their players. i was actually very surprised they re-signed McCoy. I'm guessing because with Vick, they feel like they need to win now.

penguinfarmer
09-09-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm told Eagles cap is misleading, it balloons in future years due to all their FA signings.

In other news, was that 3mil cleared all from the Snee restructure?

drewz
09-09-2012, 08:43 AM
^-- you're right.. a good amount of the Eagles player receive a pretty big bump in pay next year

Flip Empty
09-09-2012, 08:45 AM

They have a lot of back-loaded deals. LeSean McCoy's salary jumps from 600k to $3 million next year, for example. DeSean's will jump from 700k to $7.5 million...