PDA

View Full Version : Chris Canty?

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I know most of you guys think he's overpaid and one of the things that were over looked in Wednesday's ( cause our CBs were getting burned) game was that Dallas had over 130 yrds rushing!! I don't know about you guys but that concerns me and Chris Canty is one of our best run stoppers. This guy is desperately needed and we don't get him back till week 6 or 7. This is a major concern to me because if our d-line doesn't get better a stopping the run1st the back end of our defense will continue to get burned cause then you gotta load the box to stop the run and then you leave those corners on an island by themselves. He's ( Canty) is a big body and when Tuck and Jpp are getting doubled he can wreak havoc in the middle and get in the back field and either stop the runner or sack the QB.

Captain Chaos
09-08-2012, 09:57 PM
You are right, I think Rocky Bernard did well in the first third of the game he did fine but I think he ran out of gas.... Canty will be needed! Getting Austin back would be a plus as well.

Buddy333
09-08-2012, 10:00 PM
They where doing good against the run in the 1st half. Take away that one play where there cold have been a holding call and they might not break 100 yards. I'm worried about Canty. They do miss him, and I'm not sure he will be at full speed this year. Seems like there is more to his injury than hey are letting us know.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Having only three active DTs, one of them being a 7th round rookie, plus it being the first time Rocky was asked to start and play major snaps in three years is probably just as big an issue.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 10:05 PM
You are right, I think Rocky Bernard did well in the first third of the game he did fine but I think he ran out of gas.... Canty will be needed! Getting Austin back would be a plus as well. He did do well but to me is just not as consistent as Canty. not taking anything from Murry.. but 130 ehhh..

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Having only three active DTs, one of them being a 7th round rookie, plus it being the first time Rocky was asked to start and play major snaps in three years is probably just as big an issue.Definitely even more the reason we need him back.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 10:08 PM
They where doing good against the run in the 1st half. Take away that one play where there cold have been a holding call and they might not break 100 yards. I'm worried about Canty. They do miss him, and I'm not sure he will be at full speed this year. Seems like there is more to his injury than hey are letting us know.yeah but there was one play I think it was Kiwi and he completely missed the tackle.

slipknottin
09-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Definitely even more the reason we need him back.

They need Austin in the rotation too.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 10:11 PM
They need Austin in the rotation too. Does anyone know when Austin is due back?

Buddy333
09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
I hope Austin can shake off the rust because they could use him.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 10:25 PM
canty is one of the most underrated players we have.

and austin sounded like week 2 was the date, the beat writers mentioned it too so hopefully he can contribute somehow despite missing 2 yrs of ball out of college...ugh. we need canty.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 10:32 PM
canty is one of the most underrated players we have.

and austin sounded like week 2 was the date, the beat writers mentioned it too so hopefully he can contribute somehow despite missing 2 yrs of ball out of college...ugh. we need canty.At least with Austin coming back they will be able to rotate a little bit more let's just hope he is productive till Canty comes back and I agree with you about Canty being underrated the guy is only 29 years old and I hear some people say this guy doesn't get enough sacks and he's always hurt, he's the reason why we're over the cap. I mean the guy plays DT of course he's not going to get the sacks the outside rushers get on this team. The guy is consistently good in the running game and opens a lot of thing for Osi, Tuck, and JPP.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 10:36 PM
i think a lot of people are gonna realize why canty makes the big bucks. granted, he is still overpaid imho, but the market on dt's at that time (uncapped) was set. and canty is a quality DT. a player of his size, strength, and athleticism is rare. these next 5 weeks are gonna be a rude awakening for a lot of people who hated on canty bc like u said, DT's dont usually get the glory stats. Every now and then u'll get a Suh or Ngati where they have a crazy 10 sack yr, bt thats the exception not the rule. Canty does a whole lot, he helps the DE's get pressure a whole lot too and it often goes unnoticed. even still, last yr w the 4 sacks and 2 safeties, he had a pretty good break out stat yr as well

nhpgiantsfan
09-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Take away the big run on the broken play, and the few runs that Romo had, and they are well under 100 yards for the night. The DTs were the least of our problems. However, Rocky def can't play every snap of the game.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 10:42 PM
i think a lot of people are gonna realize why canty makes the big bucks. granted, he is still overpaid imho, but the market on dt's at that time (uncapped) was set. and canty is a quality DT. a player of his size, strength, and athleticism is rare. these next 5 weeks are gonna be a rude awakening for a lot of people who hated on canty bc like u said, DT's dont usually get the glory stats. Every now and then u'll get a Suh or Ngati where they have a crazy 10 sack yr, bt thats the exception not the rule. Canty does a whole lot, he helps the DE's get pressure a whole lot too and it often goes unnoticed. even still, last yr w the 4 sacks and 2 safeties, he had a pretty good break out stat yr as well Couldn't have said it better myself when he went down that was one of the things that worried me most when we played Dallas (cause he is an underrated tackler) because they had Murry if we had Canty there I don't think Murry even gets close to a 100 yrds and Romo would've been sack more and I'm not even kidding that's how much I appreciate Canty's play. It will be missed the next 5 weeks.

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Take away the big run on the broken play, and the few runs that Romo had, and they are well under 100 yards for the night. The DTs were the least of our problems. However, Rocky def can't play every snap of the game. Holding or not with Canty athleticisim I bet he stop Murry before that big run and I bet JPP and the crew get more sacks. Plus when Canty rushes he has worked with the d-line so he knows how to push the pocket in a way to free up other guys so they can get the qb as a posed to just rushing up the middle.I don't know how you can say it is the least of our problems when the guy still rushed for a buck 40, especially when you got a good rushing team like Tampa Bay next week?

ELI_Iz_God
09-09-2012, 02:11 AM
I hope Austin can shake off the rust because they could use him.

I don't think he would of made the final 53 if the coaches felt he had too much rust

giantyankee1976
09-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Initially wasn't fond of teh Canty signing, but by the final third of last season, became a believer...plus his face mask grill and Tuck's look so freakin' ill !!!

nhpgiantsfan
09-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Holding or not with Canty athleticisim I bet he stop Murry before that big run and I bet JPP and the crew get more sacks. Plus when Canty rushes he has worked with the d-line so he knows how to push the pocket in a way to free up other guys so they can get the qb as a posed to just rushing up the middle.I don't know how you can say it is the least of our problems when the guy still rushed for a buck 40, especially when you got a good rushing team like Tampa Bay next week?

The 48 yard run was a busted play. Tuck needs to make that tackle. Aside from that he ran for 83 yards. That is nothing special.

giantyankee1976
09-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Tuck had 'em but was also spinning to the ground...wasn't that the play that Kiwanuka got mugged on as well?

penguinfarmer
09-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Tuck had 'em but was also spinning to the ground...wasn't that the play that Kiwanuka got mugged on as well?

yes it was

Eliscruzzz
09-09-2012, 11:55 AM
The 48 yard run was a busted play. Tuck needs to make that tackle. Aside from that he ran for 83 yards. That is nothing special. wasn't talking about that play I was talking about another play were Kiwi got trucked by Murray like I said holding or not he still rushed for 140 all I'm saying is Canty has the strength to push guys holding off of him cause he has good hands..... watch your going to miss this guy when teams will be gaining 120 yrds rushing a game and then throwing bombs over our head cause we gotta put 8 in the box sort what happen on Wednesday.

miked1958
09-09-2012, 12:16 PM
You are right, I think Rocky Bernard did well in the first third of the game he did fine but I think he ran out of gas.... Canty will be needed! Getting Austin back would be a plus as well.Canty was one of the most consistent DTs we have had in a long time. Since Robbins left

Eliscruzzz
09-09-2012, 12:42 PM
please stop it mediaad.