PDA

View Full Version : Fumbling isn't bad, but you know what is....lying

appodictic
09-08-2012, 11:02 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Coach-Coughlin-reviews-Cowboys-game/80dbe259-e5b1-4d30-99ef-91a86120224a#/media-vault/videos/RB_David_Wilson_on_playing_time/8b41ea20-7bcf-4b9b-8e18-44145645d48b

Q. Was it a blindside hit? Did you not see him coming?
A. No I saw him coming.

Q. Was the ball loose or off your body?
A. Nah...

Q. Some people thought you were crying. Were you.
A. Nah...

Well then there you have it. You saw the guy who hit you coming, and even though you saw him coming and the ball was not lose you fumbled, and you definitely did not cry over it even though we all saw you on tv crying.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Marvelousmik
09-08-2012, 11:04 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Coach-Coughlin-reviews-Cowboys-game/80dbe259-e5b1-4d30-99ef-91a86120224a#/media-vault/videos/RB_David_Wilson_on_playing_time/8b41ea20-7bcf-4b9b-8e18-44145645d48b

A. No I saw him coming.

A. Nah...

A. Nah...

Well then there you have it. You saw the guy who hit you coming, and even though you saw him coming and the ball was not lose you fumbled, and you definitely did not cry over it even though we all saw you on tv crying.

Show me the video of him crying after the fumble

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 11:07 PM
He wasn't crying but I'll tell you what he was lying about is that he was holding the ball tight and the defender made a good play on the ball. you can tell he was holding the ball so loose.

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 11:17 PM

A. No I saw him coming.

A. Nah...

A. Nah...

1. he clearly could have seen him coming and most likely did since Lee was coming from his right front side

2. the ball definitely could have been higher and tighter to his body...nothing out of the ordinary for a rookie.....especially one with a history of fumbling

3. I've been looking for this footage of him crying and still have not seen it .....and I've rewatched the game studying it 3 times

appodictic
09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Show me the video of him crying after the fumble

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/david-wilson-cries-fumble/153022

Eliscruzzz
09-08-2012, 11:20 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/david-wilson-cries-fumble/153022IDK man he just looks pissed the f*** off to me I don't see any tears.

nygfan90
09-08-2012, 11:21 PM
That picture doesn't show any evidence of him crying what so ever. And even if he was, who cares? Why do people care so much?

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 11:22 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/david-wilson-cries-fumble/153022

this is from the broadcast ...right after he talks to Coughlin Ingram and Osi come over......he is clearly upset but not so sure the guy is crying

just watched it again a few times.....doesn't seem to be crying to me

Hessian
09-08-2012, 11:25 PM

A. No I saw him coming.

A. Nah...

A. Nah...

In all honesty he should have kicked said journalist in the nuts and asked.. are you crying. Mother****er has balls asking that question.

appodictic
09-08-2012, 11:27 PM
IDK man he just looks pissed the f*** off to me I don't see any tears. It's not a big deal I do not want to rip the guy over crying whatever. It is not like I never cried and it is actually good that he has emotion.

I just did not like that interview. Ok the crying this is debatable I guess, and did he see Lee coming thing is debatable kinda, but to top it off with "I was holding the ball tight". Man now your losing credibility big time. Have the humble pie. You put it on the ground. It happens. Say something like "I have to protect the ball better" Dont say something like "NAH. I was holding it tight" thats a cop out.

joemorrisforprez
09-08-2012, 11:28 PM
I think this is the picture that people are talking about.....

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1339269/crywilson.gif

That could just be perspiration as well....it was warm out there. I don't think he was crying.

Cool Papa B.
09-08-2012, 11:28 PM
That picture doesn't show any evidence of him crying what so ever. And even if he was, who cares? Why do people care so much?

This.....

Don't understand what the big deal is. He knows he messed up. Hopefully he learns from it.

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 11:31 PM
It's not a big deal I do not want to rip the guy over crying whatever. It is not like I never cried and it is actually good that he has emotion.

I just did not like that interview. Ok the crying this is debatable I guess, and did he see Lee coming thing is debatable kinda, but to top it off with "I was holding the ball tight". Man now your losing credibility big time. Have the humble pie. You put it on the ground. It happens. Say something like "I have to protect the ball better" Dont say something like "NAH. I was holding it tight" thats a cop out.

you put way too much stock in what these guys say to reporters

they are asked these questions 100 times in a day

99% of the time they just want these guys to get the hell away from their locker

titwio
09-08-2012, 11:34 PM
this is from the broadcast ...right after he talks to Coughlin Ingram and Osi come over......he is clearly upset but not so sure the guy is crying

just watched it again a few times.....doesn't seem to be crying to me

Idk...Sure looks like he crying to me...you can see the tear.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1339269/crywilson_medium.gif

I have no problem with him crying to be honest. It shows how much he cares about the game and the fact he broke one of his goals so soon. I think he's going to come back strong...his work ethic is one of the reasons I was so high on him prior to the draft.

Hessian
09-08-2012, 11:38 PM

I have no problem with him crying to be honest. It shows how much he cares about the game and the fact he broke one of his goals so soon. I think he's going to come back strong...his work ethic is one of the reasons I was so high on him prior to the draft.
Honestly at the end of the day, I want this guy on my team. Knows his mistake and owns it in his own way. He is Honest, the reporter isn't and never will be, might as well be in sales. There are people who have real jobs and those who want to fake it.

giantsfan420
09-08-2012, 11:41 PM
humble pie applies to wilson too. its great he has the list of goals. but he prob shoulda kept it private. dont quite see the point in telling everyone "hey Im gonna be this great..."
nfl aint easy. i know a lot of players do that whole list thing, i dunno. not hating on that, its just i dont know if he understood the enormous challenge that it would be to actually meet said goals. now he does. nfl aint no joke and every inch needs to be earned, which im 1000% confident that wilson is the kinda rb i want bc he will fight for every inch. he'll be alright. that ball aint coming loose again bc of poor technique, i'd bet that he has a nice non fumble streak

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 11:42 PM

doesn't look like he is crying to me

but even if he was that would be right on par with the amount of emotion I would expect from a player who cares

YATittle1962
09-08-2012, 11:44 PM
humble pie applies to wilson too. its great he has the list of goals. but he prob shoulda kept it private. dont quite see the point in telling everyone "hey Im gonna be this great..."
nfl aint easy. i know a lot of players do that whole list thing, i dunno. not hating on that, its just i dont know if he understood the enormous challenge that it would be to actually meet said goals. now he does. nfl aint no joke and every inch needs to be earned, which im 1000% confident that wilson is the kinda rb i want bc he will fight for every inch. he'll be alright. that ball aint coming loose again bc of poor technique, i'd bet that he has a nice non fumble streak

setting goals has nothing to do with him saying he is going to be great

is that what you got from him sharing his goals?

rainierjef
09-08-2012, 11:45 PM
doesn't look like he is crying to me

but even if he was that would be right on par with the amount of emotion I would expect from a player who cares

could be sweat, dripping in an convenient way to call it crying. i dont know if he was good for him, if he wasn't good for him just don't fumble anymore... this season.

I Bleed Blue
09-08-2012, 11:46 PM

A. No I saw him coming.

A. Nah...

A. Nah...

What's your problem here? He didn't lie about anything. This is a BS post and when did someone hire you as the players lie detector? He was perspiring, not crying. Sure, he was visibly upset, which is what you want to see from any player who fumbles. Other than that, you sound pretty immature.

Hessian
09-08-2012, 11:54 PM
ohh come on dude is crying. I would guess many have cried at one point or another on live tv. Does that make him weak? **** no, it makes him human. Does this person drive to be better than you or I? I guarentee he does in his line of work. Fortunately for us it's entertainment, **** we pay big money for. Look out for this guy in the future.

joemorrisforprez
09-09-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm man enough to admit that I was crying as I watched the Giants offensive line impersonate a row of subway turnstiles.

titwio
09-09-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm man enough to admit that I was crying as I watched the Giants offensive line impersonate a row of subway turnstiles.

Gif or it didn't happen.

BigBlueAllDay
09-09-2012, 12:14 AM
I would give the rookie some slack for his first regular season game. Coughlin is going to do the same. No sense in beating this issue anymore whether true or not. Week 2 is coming round the corner and the CB depth is a more serious issue at hand.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-09-2012, 12:35 AM
In the picture it obviously shows a tear coming down his face but who cares. Now if he was on the sidelines laughing or smiling then I would be pissed.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-09-2012, 12:37 AM
All that means is that he cares.

appodictic
09-09-2012, 12:41 AM
The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one. I hope that Wilson understands that he is not holding the ball tight enough, even though he was unwilling to admit this fact during the interview. The way he danced around the "truth" is a first impression to me about his character.

giantsfan420
09-09-2012, 01:06 AM
setting goals has nothing to do with him saying he is going to be great

is that what you got from him sharing his goals?

no. i meant that maybe he didnt realize the enormity of a challenge all his goals were. like 10 tds, 800 yds, etc etc he listed a bunch (that i hope he achieves). Thats all. he's admittedly used to reaching his goals, and in college it may have been way easier to reach them than the nfl. thats all im pondering. not trying to hate on him at all, just saying that fumble was prob humbling for him too and that he may have gotten a reality check with how hard he's going to need to work to get it done. his preseason wasnt filled with any real hurdles imho. the NE game everyone played flat. the chicago game was awesome and he may have thought that would be the norm, and it may very well be, but that it also may not always work out that way bc the nfl is filled with talent

09-09-2012, 01:55 AM
In the picture it obviously shows a tear coming down his face but who cares. Now if he was on the sidelines laughing or smiling then I would be pissed.
That is passion !

fizzlesticks
09-09-2012, 02:07 AM
Seems pretty obvious to me, his visor had a nasty glare that got in his eyes.

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Mark this down guys. I have NEVER seen more attention given to a fumble on these forums then right now. If pisarcik's fumble happened during this internet era, it may be the only fumble to top this one.

This is ridiculous. Ok, the guy fumbled. Every running back to step on the field, in any level of football has fumbled. Get over it.

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 02:49 AM
no. i meant that maybe he didnt realize the enormity of a challenge all his goals were. like 10 tds, 800 yds, etc etc he listed a bunch (that i hope he achieves). Thats all. he's admittedly used to reaching his goals, and in college it may have been way easier to reach them than the nfl. thats all im pondering. not trying to hate on him at all, just saying that fumble was prob humbling for him too and that he may have gotten a reality check with how hard he's going to need to work to get it done. his preseason wasnt filled with any real hurdles imho. the NE game everyone played flat. the chicago game was awesome and he may have thought that would be the norm, and it may very well be, but that it also may not always work out that way bc the nfl is filled with talent

He said personally that he only sets these goals so he has something to compare his production to. If he doesnt exceed them its no sweat, just need to work harder. No big deal here guys...

OX1
09-09-2012, 06:02 AM
He set those goals before fully believing his eyes in preseason/practice, that our O-line really is that bad.

Die-Hard
09-09-2012, 06:41 AM
Mark this down guys. I have NEVER seen more attention given to a fumble on these forums then right now. If pisarcik's fumble happened during this internet era, it may be the only fumble to top this one.

This is ridiculous. Ok, the guy fumbled. Every running back to step on the field, in any level of football has fumbled. Get over it.

Hes a BUST

Captain Chaos
09-09-2012, 07:20 AM
The infamous Crygate thread....another in the long history of useless threads on this message board put together to prove that we fans are absolutely fanatical and obsessed with irrelevant detail.

Mod_C
09-09-2012, 07:30 AM

A. No I saw him coming.

A. Nah...

A. Nah...

Are you serious? I was at the game and it was so humid I was sweating. Even one of the media heads said they couldn't tell it it was sweat or "a tear" under his left eye.

giantyankee1976
09-09-2012, 08:18 AM
for
1) He was carrying that sucker loose, but If Coughlin fixed an ingrateful Tiki, how much more a wide-opened eye rookie?

2) This whole business of crying Backs, soft Corners and so on is a bit old.

this is not a soap opera, this is not drama TV, this is sports...crying is okay for Little Leaguers and maybe up to the High School and Collegiate level.

Do you cry at your job if didn't make sales goals, X amount of installs/ repairs?

**** happens, pull your boot straps up and drive the F on !

(C'mon people stop buying into the Media-induced BS.)

penguinfarmer
09-09-2012, 08:20 AM
If you click the picture twice, you can clearly see the moisture rolling down from his eye. Also, Nicks is blatantly crying as well. Now that I look closer, Jerald Ingram's forehead is on the verge of a major sobbing as well.

brad
09-09-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't care if he was crying or not, but the media hype around it is a bit annoying. This isn't a soap opera, it's football.

The fumble was a problem, but is being blown out of proportion, as is him not getting back on the field afterwards. We are watching the typical process that young players go through as they learn to work at the NFL level with a coach that has high expectations, and wins Super Bowls. He will learn to hold onto the ball, and he will get his chance on the field. How well, or how soon, depends on him and the how seriously he takes what the coaches are telling him.

I am actually more concerned with the flippant answers he gave to the questions about holding the ball and seeing the defender. We all can see he didn't secure the ball enough, but the "Nah" answer to "Was the ball loose or off your body?" comes off to me as if he is saying he did nothing wrong and will continue to do it that way. In my mind it reinforces that sitting him is the right thing to do, and I would keep him there until he acknowledges the issue.

slipknottin
09-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Personally I think fumbling is much worse than lying to reporters.

moosedrool
09-09-2012, 10:25 AM
I could care less if it was a tear or sweat dripping down from his forehead. My guess is it is sweat, but does it really matter?

I hated when he said he was carrying the ball tight. If he really believes it was tight then he doesn't know what tight is and we have a major problem. Coughlin fixed Tiki and Ahmad, so hopefully he fixes Wilson too.

Diamondring
09-09-2012, 10:36 AM
It is not just about holding the ball tight but doing it the wrong way. I believe that Williiams hold the ball tight as he could but he did it the wrong way. He maybe held the ball too tight and the wrong way. That is why the ball came out. As for brying, well if he was then I bet it was the simple fact that a defender got the best of him on that play.

moosedrool
09-09-2012, 10:38 AM
If you watch the replay, the ball was not tight. It was away from his body.

slipknottin
09-09-2012, 10:54 AM
He tweeted "high and tight" after the game. He knows what he did wrong. Lets stop overreacting to his reply to some reporter, who was probably the 100th to ask him the same questions.

brad
09-09-2012, 10:57 AM
He tweeted "high and tight" after the game. He knows what he did wrong. Lets stop overreacting to his reply to some reporter, who was probably the 100th to ask him the same questions.

Glad to hear that :)

jomo
09-09-2012, 11:19 AM

A. No I saw him coming.

A. Nah...

A. Nah...

Thanks for clearing that up.Not terribly important in the scheme of things. We've got a rookie rb who fumbled and he's having his first uncmfortable go around with the media. No one should lose any sleep over this. Look for a nice bounce back next week,

penguinfarmer
09-09-2012, 11:33 AM
When he runs over the Bucs and outpaces Martin next week, no one will remember this "story"

embeshAtYa
09-09-2012, 12:02 PM
For sure 100% he was on the sideline crying. Definately. First thing I said to my wife when they showed it. Look the guy is crying. At least it shows he cares

Martin 2
09-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Why is Wilson's fumble such a focus?

People are making it seem he is the only rookie
who ever fumbled the ball in NFL history.

Give the Fkin kid a break

moosedrool
09-09-2012, 12:37 PM

Because he had a fumbling problem in college and fumbled on his second carry with the ball away from his body. If the fumble occurred with him carrying it high and tight I don't think he would have been benched.

fourth&forever
09-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Lying is a pretty strong word here. With all the stupid, disrespectful, and inflammatory questions posed by "sports journalists", I have no problem with players answering in the same manner.

jomo
09-09-2012, 02:49 PM
For sure 100% he was on the sideline crying. Definately. First thing I said to my wife when they showed it. Look the guy is crying. At least it shows he caresI agree, I've got no problem with a guy crying after such a bad miscue. What I care about is what comes next from him. I expect it to be good stuff.

RoanokeFan
09-09-2012, 03:18 PM
When he runs over the Bucs and outpaces Martin next week, no one will remember this "story"

Trust me, someone will remember.

RoanokeFan
09-09-2012, 03:24 PM

The "fumble" has taken a backseat to the aftermath.

BurnerNYG
09-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Since when did the NFL turn into the Maury Show?

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
since when did the nfl turn into the maury show?

lol.....

+1

Harooni
09-10-2012, 06:19 AM
lets not call him a liar , he just doesnt want to give the media anything. can't blame him. he is a daisy fresh rookie he will be fine