PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell are yall panicking for??? This was the loss we need to light the fire!!

badnews13
09-09-2012, 03:03 AM
As a life time giant fan I have learned that the Giants need a humiliating loss in order to go on a streak. Yes Cruz dropped some balls!!! Yes Webster got burnt!!! Yes, our defensive line did not stop the run!!! Yes our offensive line did not block!!! And yes, Dallas won the game!!! But in all actuality, we was still in this game!!! We was only down 7 points with a chance to score again.

I believe Giants will come out in their next game with a dominating force. On top of that we have a long period before our next game. Giants coaches have time to fix these issues. So im not concerned at all. As sloppy as we looked we was still in it. If Dallas would have blown us out... maybe then I would be concerned!!! Hold your head Giant fans!!!

I

bbdynasty
09-09-2012, 03:13 AM
i sincerely hope so, and i believe it will happen too. i think its good the team fell off its high horse now, rather than later when we have the really tough stretch of games

shotgundraw
09-09-2012, 06:30 AM
Seriously to be panicking after this game means you had expectations way to high for this team.

You can't compete in this league in you can't defend the pass and our secondary was the greatest concern coming in the season !

As far as i'm concerned, this is what most games this season will look like, kinda like they did last year. Let's not forget, 5 solid-to-great games in a row don't transform a 8-7 team into a 12-4 one. Those 5 games will give you a Championship and that's obviously great, but it won't make you a good team.

Toadofsteel
09-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Seriously to be panicking after this game means you had expectations way to high for this team.

You can't compete in this league in you can't defend the pass and our secondary was the greatest concern coming in the season !

As far as i'm concerned, this is what most games this season will look like, kinda like they did last year. Let's not forget, 5 solid-to-great games in a row don't transform a 8-7 team into a 12-4 one. Those 5 games will give you a Championship and that's obviously great, but it won't make you a good team.

It didn't help that only one of our pro-bowler DE's played like a pro-bowler.

shotgundraw
09-09-2012, 07:16 AM
It didn't help that only one of our pro-bowler DE's played like a pro-bowler.

Pierre-Paul played awesome, he was disruptive on much of the snaps.
Shame he was the only one ...

Die-Hard
09-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Panic and knee-jerk reactions are the hallmark of the GMB. Hang around here long enough and you'll come to expect it

You'd swear that the entire season was played in 1 game LOL

B-Red22
09-09-2012, 07:41 AM

So my expectations of beating Dallas( who we have owned of late) were too high?

Die-Hard
09-09-2012, 07:47 AM
So my expectations of beating Dallas( who we have owned of late) were too high?

No, but before last season, the Giants owned the hell out of the Skins. Its a division rival, and like it or not, it happens sometimes. I think what shotgundraw is implying is that a LOT of people are fully expecting a repeat, despite the odds being incredibly stacked against them, and they're the ones who are going completely berserk after this loss. We all want a repeat. Some folks have their hearts set on one, and they are the ones who are screaming the loudest right now.

Toadofsteel
09-09-2012, 08:02 AM

I'm not panicking about the game, i'm panicking about the level of play by the team. It just seemed like some of the guys out there didn't care (Cruz, Webster, Osi), and the few that did care either screwed up and weren't given a chance to redeem themselves (Wilson), injured (Coe, Nicks), or played their best but couldn't hold up the rest of the team (Eli, Rivers, Bennett, Hixon, JPP, Weatherford)

B-Red22
09-09-2012, 08:11 AM
No, but before last season, the Giants owned the hell out of the Skins. Its a division rival, and like it or not, it happens sometimes. I think what shotgundraw is implying is that a LOT of people are fully expecting a repeat, despite the odds being incredibly stacked against them, and they're the ones who are going completely berserk after this loss. We all want a repeat. Some folks have their hearts set on one, and they are the ones who are screaming the loudest right now.

I do not expect a repeat at all, I do however expectus to beat Dallas in our own stadium the first game we get to defend out title

Captain Chaos
09-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Don't confuse panic with distaste; this board will always let you know when they don't like something or the way someone is playing. When the coach calls the effort poor it reinforces what the fans are seeing and that was not a good effort Wednesday evening. They need to go back and fix some things and be sure that if they are still broken this board will point them out again; just like they did last year. It's great that fans can vent their frustration and commiserate in a forum such as this.

Die-Hard
09-09-2012, 08:16 AM
I do not expect a repeat at all, I do however expectus to beat Dallas in our own stadium the first game we get to defend out title

Well, when it comes to division games, you have to expect anything to happen, good or bad. Dallas isn't as bad as most people think. If it was a team like Cleveland, then yes, the level of extreme disappointment would be warranted and understood.

Die-Hard
09-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Don't confuse panic with distaste; this board will always let you know when they don't like something or the way someone is playing. When the coach calls the effort poor it reinforces what the fans are seeing and that was not a good effort Wednesday evening. They need to go back and fix some things and be sure that if they are still broken this board will point them out again; just like they did last year. It's great that fans can vent their frustration and commiserate in a forum such as this.

I completely agree. However, a lot of people here take their distaste to psychotic levels, and that stuff is apparently contagious. Yes, the level of effort was not good at all, but it was the 1st game of the season, and it doesn't justify going completely berserk and calling the season over. The overreactions are seriously messed up

giantsfan420
09-09-2012, 08:25 AM
i think what he was trying to get across is we've won 5 of the last 6 vs dallas with 3-0 at dallas. every now and then a team is just due, and it doesnt matter if its opening game of the defending sb champs...which would you have preferred, lose vs dallas week 1 this season, or week 14 or 17 last season? I know thats a bit extreme, its just as u said, it seemed to be an effort thing for the players who didnt show us their best football, not a talent thing (except for the OL imo).

This team will be fine, there was still a whole lot of positives to take away from that game (if u want we could list them), and as much as it sucks and is kinda embarrassing we lost...its only 1 loss to, it pains me to say it, a good team in dallas. we're the better team imho and it will show thru the season. we didnt lose to the browns or jags or something. but i do unerstand ur concern and it is somewhat justified.

Buddy333
09-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Why do they need to play a horrible game to light a fire?

miked1958
09-09-2012, 01:19 PM
As a life time giant fan I have learned that the Giants need a humiliating loss in order to go on a streak. Yes Cruz dropped some balls!!! Yes Webster got burnt!!! Yes, our defensive line did not stop the run!!! Yes our offensive line did not block!!! And yes, Dallas won the game!!! But in all actuality, we was still in this game!!! We was only down 7 points with a chance to score again.I believe Giants will come out in their next game with a dominating force. On top of that we have a long period before our next game. Giants coaches have time to fix these issues. So im not concerned at all. As sloppy as we looked we was still in it. If Dallas would have blown us out... maybe then I would be concerned!!! or in last years case it took 5 humiliating losses in 6 weeks before we kicked in

Rat_bastich
09-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Why do they need to play a horrible game to light a fire?

Because they were victims of their own hype. When you get brought down to earth then you know you were not as good or didn't give as much effort as you thought you were or did.

I'll quote Alfred from Batman Begins when he asked, "Why do we fall sir? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." That Alfred is a smart guy.

Buddy333
09-09-2012, 03:37 PM
I don't buy that you need to be humiliated to play well. How do you explain some of the collapses this team has had over the past few years. Yes, last year the where able to make it through to the post season and win the Super Bowl, but they have also had many collapses where looking horrible did nothing for them.

Martin 2
09-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Rarely do the Giants play dominating football

let alone and entire season of lights out.

The Giants will forever be playing whats in front of them
not leading the pack and therefore never get media respect.
(deal with it)

They will win more S-bowls but never in the fashion of domination
the way many fans hope for.

I'm okay with the Giants winning S-bowls no mater how the game is played.

RagTime Blue
09-09-2012, 05:46 PM
The one thing that bothers me is that Ratliff was out and we still couldn't run the ball or pas-protect. Eli was running for his life all game.

This O-Line is in need of improvement. . .they're even worse than I thought.

ingoodshape
09-09-2012, 06:26 PM
are you kidding me lol ............. we play in the toughest division !!!!!!!!!!!!

ingoodshape
09-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Tuck and Osi where in Florida ............lol such a lousy effort on there part ! shame on them no excuse ...........

nycisgreat
09-09-2012, 06:37 PM
As a life time giant fan I have learned that the Giants need a humiliating loss in order to go on a streak. Yes Cruz dropped some balls!!! Yes Webster got burnt!!! Yes, our defensive line did not stop the run!!! Yes our offensive line did not block!!! And yes, Dallas won the game!!! But in all actuality, we was still in this game!!! We was only down 7 points with a chance to score again.

I believe Giants will come out in their next game with a dominating force. On top of that we have a long period before our next game. Giants coaches have time to fix these issues. So im not concerned at all. As sloppy as we looked we was still in it. If Dallas would have blown us out... maybe then I would be concerned!!! Hold your head Giant fans!!!

I

Complacency is never a good thing when why trying to get things done. The Giants will do well this season.

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 06:53 PM
OP, Why...for? is incorrect. The question needs to be stated What...followed by for?

Think about it, someone says they are going to hit on your friends girlfriend. Would you respond Why for? or.. correctly; What for?

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Anyway, the Giants will be just fine. We're taking it to Tampa Bay, win or lose it will be a better effort.

SuperNYGiants
09-09-2012, 07:30 PM
If the Giants don't fix their slow-start offense there won't be any blow outs, especially against a Greg Schiano coached Tampa Bay Bucs.

Giants have serious weak spots, the lack of running game, and the secondary for sure. I'd like to think that the Giants are a good team that should win 10 games this season, but this team's Jackyl and Hyde persona is for real, and you just don't know which team will show up.

I wouldn't be surprised a bit if the Giants still struggle to get things going vs. Bucs.

badnews13
09-09-2012, 10:33 PM
well its still early and we got more tricks up our sleeves.

GiantGremlin
09-10-2012, 12:36 AM
"I believe Giants will come out in their next game with a dominating force. On top of that we have a long period before our next game. Giants coaches have time to fix these issues. So im not concerned at all. As sloppy as we looked we was still in it. If Dallas would have blown us out... maybe then I would be concerned!!! Hold your head Giant fans!!!"

I'm not saying that anyone should be panicking at this point, however the Giants better come out with a much bigger sense of urgency, and be much sharper vs TB, because if they lose, they'll be down 0-2 going on the road - into Carolina Week 3, Philly week 4 & then have to go to San Fran week 6 - All will be very tough games, and the season could get out of hand quickly if they don't watch themselves.

giantsforce
09-10-2012, 01:25 AM
If the Giants don't fix their slow-start offense there won't be any blow outs, especially against a Greg Schiano coached Tampa Bay Bucs.

Giants have serious weak spots, the lack of running game, and the secondary for sure. I'd like to think that the Giants are a good team that should win 10 games this season, but this team's Jackyl and Hyde persona is for real, and you just don't know which team will show up.

I wouldn't be surprised a bit if the Giants still struggle to get things going vs. Bucs.Don't you find it it interesting that we have no running game but our coaching staff keep calling running plays from the 2 yard line and they cannot make it in?

Toadofsteel
09-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Don't you find it it interesting that we have no running game but our coaching staff keep calling running plays from the 2 yard line and they cannot make it in?

I'm just hoping that TB doesn't call any shotgun draws to spite us...

bigblue58
09-10-2012, 01:50 AM

I

I know im going to sound like the biggest yahoo homer, but after rethinking things, despite the Cowgirls domination in passing, rushing and receiving yards.....and our secondary getting burned.....when all was said and done....we only lost by 7 points! Yes...I realize that a loss is a loss, but think about it.....we didn't get blown out in the score. Thats a positive because it means that at our worst....we somehow kept the game close!
I know that I'm making it sound like we fell in clover when it was actually horsebleep, but we left points on the field with the fumble and 3 drops that I'm confident was an abberration. If the D can keep it close when the O starts clicking on all cylinders, then we'll be ok!