PDA

View Full Version : Who can be our answer at linebacker next year?

modes90
12-15-2011, 02:05 PM
any suggestions? this is keeping me from sleeping. i'm seriously...

jaygoon
12-15-2011, 02:09 PM
one things for sure, if they dont address it I am going to try out.

Kase-1
12-15-2011, 02:12 PM
I think our LBs will be Boley, Goff, and Kiwi.... I could see us drafting a pass rushing strong side LB, someone we thought Clint Sintim would turn into.

It would allow us to have more versitility with Kiwi, especially with Osi most likely leaving

giantscolombia
12-15-2011, 02:14 PM
I think our LBs will be Boley, Goff, and Kiwi.... I could see us drafting a pass rushing strong side LB, someone we thought Clint Sintim would turn into.

It would allow us to have more versitility with Kiwi, especially with Osi most likely leaving

im not trying to call you out or anything, but you really think Osi is leaving?

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-15-2011, 02:18 PM

</P>

JWill and Boley on the outside. Williams has tremendous upside, only LB JR has drafted that I havehadgood feelings about. Dnt be surprised if JR's stubbornessleads him to stick with Goff and Herzlich for the future, also keep chase n jones. Yes, ppl dont want to hear it, but it may happen. </P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-15-2011, 02:18 PM

Did you already forget that little temper tantrum Osi threw after the lockout ended, holding out of camp and whining for a new contract when the one he got was frontloaded (so he got big money in the first years and less later).

He played every card and lost on all of them, pissing off JR and the front office in the process. His ticket is punched. Especially with JPP working out so well.

giantscolombia
12-15-2011, 02:20 PM

Did you already forget that little temper tantrum Osi threw after the lockout ended, holding out of camp and whining for a new contract when the one he got was frontloaded (so he got big money in the first years and less later).*

He played every card and lost on all of them, pissing off JR and the front office in the process.* His ticket is punched.* Especially with JPP working out so well.

Yea i remember that little tantrum, he doesnt deserve a new contract.
hopefully you're right about him leaving.....

giantscolombia
12-15-2011, 02:21 PM

congrats on your first post dude.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-15-2011, 02:22 PM

im not trying to call you out or anything, but you really think Osi is leaving?</P>

I do...don't see him keeping quiet another year and dont see JR giving him a bigger contract. Just wish we would have pulled the trigger earlier bc we are definately NOT getting a 1st for him. Ill take a 2nd and 3rd...</P>

burier
12-15-2011, 02:25 PM
If we don't get someone who make an impact at linebacker I'm going to firebomb.

Can Boley play Mike?

Kruunch
12-15-2011, 02:26 PM

I really hope they move Kiwi (assuming they re-sign him) back to DE. Assuming Osi won't be hear next year it would be a natural move for him and he stinks at LB (at least in coverage which LBs today HAVE to be able to do).

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-15-2011, 02:27 PM
If we don't get someone who make an impact at linebacker I'm going to firebomb. Can Boley play Mike?</P>

no way..he would get eaten up</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-15-2011, 02:30 PM

I really hope they move Kiwi (assuming they re-sign him) back to DE. Assuming Osi won't be hear next year it would be a natural move for him and he stinks at LB (at least in coverage which LBs today HAVE to be able to do).</P>

Yes, kiwi back at DE is a must. Enough of the experiment unless he is blitzing from the LB pos.</P>

Kase-1
12-15-2011, 02:33 PM

I really hope they move Kiwi (assuming they re-sign him) back to DE. Assuming Osi won't be hear next year it would be a natural move for him and he stinks at LB (at least in coverage which LBs today HAVE to be able to do).We've moved this guy around too much, he's not a bad LB but if we get another SLB we would have more freedom with Kiwi. Which does mean having him put his hand in the dirt on occasion.

burier
12-15-2011, 02:47 PM
If we don't get someone who make an impact at linebacker I'm going to firebomb. Can Boley play Mike?</P>

Ok then so...we need to get a true Mike backer and stop fooling around.

Did someone say Jwill??? We don't have time for these damn projects. How many more years is Eli gonna play..seriously? We need to win now!

Kruunch
12-15-2011, 02:49 PM

I really hope they move Kiwi (assuming they re-sign him) back to DE. Assuming Osi won't be hear next year it would be a natural move for him and he stinks at LB (at least in coverage which LBs today HAVE to be able to do).We've moved this guy around too much, he's not a bad LB but if we get another SLB we would have more freedom with Kiwi.* Which does mean having him put his hand in the dirt on occasion.

Kiwi is a liability every time he has to drop back.

And he shines when he's rushing off the edge (either as a LB this year or a DE last year before he was hurt).

DE is his natural position.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-15-2011, 03:00 PM

Ok then so...we need to get a true Mike backer and stop fooling around. Did someone say Jwill??? We don't have time for these damn projects. How many more years is Eli gonna play..seriously? We need to win now!</P>

Jwill is a olb i dont believe anyone said him beinga mike.</P>

Kruunch
12-15-2011, 03:01 PM

Ok then so...we need to get a true Mike backer and stop fooling around. Did someone say Jwill??? We don't have time for these damn projects. How many more years is Eli gonna play..seriously? We need to win now!</P>

Jwill is a olb i dont believe anyone said him being*a mike.</P>

JWill is a liability when he's on the field until he proves otherwise.

The only reason he's starting now is because we have bigger liabilities that were starting in front of him earlier in the year.

BlueReign
12-15-2011, 03:05 PM
If we don't get someone who make an impact at linebacker I'm going to firebomb. Can Boley play Mike?</p>

no way..he would get eaten up</p>

Ok then so...we need to get a true Mike backer and stop fooling around.

Did someone say Jwill??? We don't have time for these damn projects. How many more years is Eli gonna play..seriously? We need to win now!
We need a stud LB draft pick. Someone that will provide some type of continuity at the postion for some years.

mattajw
12-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Just curious, when was the last time we drafted an LB in the first two rounds?

Kase-1
12-15-2011, 03:07 PM

I really hope they move Kiwi (assuming they re-sign him) back to DE. Assuming Osi won't be hear next year it would be a natural move for him and he stinks at LB (at least in coverage which LBs today HAVE to be able to do).We've moved this guy around too much, he's not a bad LB but if we get another SLB we would have more freedom with Kiwi. Which does mean having him put his hand in the dirt on occasion.

And he shines when he's rushing off the edge (either as a LB this year or a DE last year before he was hurt).

DE is his natural position.Having played only 20 games at LB in his career, he's damned good. I wouldnt go so far and say he's a liability in coverage, him and Boley did quite well holding Witten to nothing last week.

We can be switching him back and forth from spot to spot, its just not right, I can see us using him on passing downs rushing with JPP from the outside, but thats part of his 'joker' role

nygfan0816
12-15-2011, 03:17 PM
mark herzlich will be starting MLB next season. write it down

Kruunch
12-15-2011, 03:31 PM

I really hope they move Kiwi (assuming they re-sign him) back to DE. Assuming Osi won't be hear next year it would be a natural move for him and he stinks at LB (at least in coverage which LBs today HAVE to be able to do).We've moved this guy around too much, he's not a bad LB but if we get another SLB we would have more freedom with Kiwi.* Which does mean having him put his hand in the dirt on occasion.

DE is his natural position.Having played only 20 games at LB in his career, he's damned good.* I wouldnt go so far and say he's a liability in coverage, him and Boley did quite well holding Witten to nothing last week.

We can be switching him back and forth from spot to spot, its just not right, I can see us using him on passing downs rushing with JPP from the outside, but thats part of his 'joker' role

His stats would disagree with you.

By and large the only time you see his name mentioned is when he's running up field in either a blitz or a run stop situation (which he is naturally good at).

Unfortunately in today's NFL, your LBers need to be as good as a Safety in coverage, which Kiwi most assuredly is not.

And Boley/Rolle had more to do with keeping Witten out of play then Kiwi did.

giantscolombia
12-17-2011, 12:58 PM
mark herzlich will be starting MLB next season. write it down he seems promising, but if a stud Is available by our pick we should propably grab him even if it's for depth

RoanokeFan
12-17-2011, 01:06 PM

Get a life!! [;)]

Goff should return in the middle. Kiwanuka will retire as a GIANTS so he'll be here and Williams/Jones/Herzlich are learning the hard way and will get a chance to compete. I don't know if Boley returns or not. I like him, but he's getting long in the tooth. I would guess they'll draft a project. FA: who knows?

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-17-2011, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in more LBs to compete, but I still think we might have something special with Williams, Jones, and Herzlich.

b_ELI_eve
12-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Sean Spence!