PDA

View Full Version : Do the Giants need to be worried about the Skins?

btbrennan
09-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Now I know it's week 1, and the Saints have had their offseason issues, etc. But I must say, going into the Superdome and outscoring the Saints like that is pretty damn impressive. Are the Redskins a competitive team this year in the division?

Especially with how we performed against them last year, I will admit I'm a bit worried.

P_Simms_#11
09-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Absolutely.

Rudyy
We need to be worried about the Bucs.

RoanokeFan
We need to be worried about the next team on the schedule every week

btbrennan
09-09-2012, 06:03 PM
We need to be worried about the Bucs.

Agree with that. Obviously every game is a concern. But I'm just really worried about this division now. RGIII seems legitimate.

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Yes. We do.

Eliscruzzz
09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Now I know it's week 1, and the Saints have had their offseason issues, etc. But I must say, going into the Superdome and outscoring the Saints like that is pretty damn impressive. Are the Redskins a competitive team this year in the division?

Especially with how we performed against them last year, I will admit I'm a bit worried. Alright everyone calm down I'm sure the Saints were over emotional with everything in the offseason and Vilma winning his appeal all division rivals are threats whether RGPEE is playing qb or Rex Grossman in 5 weeks after we beat the Eagles and if were in 1st place with a 3-1 record you won't even remember this.

Rudyy
09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Agree with that. Obviously every game is a concern. But I'm just really worried about this division now. RGIII seems legitimate. Of course, but we can't just skip ahead in our schedule can we?

btbrennan
09-09-2012, 06:06 PM
You should see it down here in Redskins country right now. Hilarious. You think they'd just won the superbowl. But then again, they do this every time they win.

Rudyy
09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
You should see it down here in Redskins country right now. Hilarious. You think they'd just won the superbowl. But then again, they do this every time they win. I live in VA and it's a freaking mad house down here. I'm glad we are "last" let all the focus go to the Skins, Cowboys, and Jets.

gmen0820
09-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Not any more than we would the Buccaneers. Redskins didn't do anything surprising in my eyes today.

btbrennan
09-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I live in VA and it's a freaking mad house down here. I'm glad we are "last" let all the focus go to the Skins, Cowboys, and Jets.''

Haha yeah I'm in NOVA. I agree. I like flying under the radar. The wins are so much more sweet. Going to the Monday Night game at FedEx!

Rudyy
09-09-2012, 06:14 PM
''

Haha yeah I'm in NOVA. I agree. I like flying under the radar. The wins are so much more sweet. Going to the Monday Night game at FedEx! I might be going too. Can't wait.

ingoodshape
09-09-2012, 06:17 PM
you should be very worried , Redskins will win the division and Giants last ............... with the pathetic loss against Dallas , team did not show up a all a disgrace ............... what happens when the Giants play the good teams they will get crushed , and iam a Giants fan LOL .......... just enjoy the last Super Bowl ....... i think Fewell is a train wreck , and so is the Giants offensive line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guess Bommer is right .............. no playoffs

hungrrrry
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
currently yes...we need to worry about every team because we have shown very little so far....but it is the first game of 2012

Jtuck
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM

Especially with how we performed against them last year, I will admit I'm a bit worried.

Hell Yes! 40 points against the Saints in the vaunted Superdome! The same Superdome that has been a house of horrors for us the past few years!

BurnerNYG
09-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Not any more than we would the Buccaneers. Redskins didn't do anything surprising in my eyes today.Yeah right. You said RG3 was gonna be frantic and running for his life. In other news, I'm watching the Bucs now and they look good....pitching a shutout so far.

Jtuck
09-09-2012, 06:19 PM
I could see RG3 shredding our clueless secondary to dog meat!

nycisgreat
09-09-2012, 06:21 PM
All I can say is the I was surprised how they played in the Super Dome. RG3 played like a vet today, but you still have to keep in mind what the Saints went though a lot this past off season. I think it would be safe that their training camp wasn't the same as the past years.

nycisgreat
09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I could see RG3 shredding our clueless secondary to dog meat!

Lmao, scrambling QBs has been our Kryptonite for the past few seasons.

Laurah1275
09-09-2012, 06:23 PM

Especially with how we performed against them last year, I will admit I'm a bit worried.RGIII is no joke...and yes we need to buckle down and come at him with only our best...but...I think NO just had their wake up call game the same way we did with Dallas...When we cross paths, GMEN will be ready...we will not underestimate.

hungrrrry
09-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Hell Yes! 40 points against the Saints in the vaunted Superdome! The same Superdome that has been a house of horrors for us the past few years!well...to this I will say that the coaching issues due to the suspensions likely have something to do with the Saints...There D was terrible and minus their captain. Washington did play well on D and the saints D was out of position a lot so RGIII had some easy pitch and catch

BlueSanta
09-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Giants needed to worry about the skins even before the Saints game.

The Skins beat us quite easily last year 2 times. They also lost several very close games and were close to being a good team. They have some guys who were injured last year that are coming back this year. Their defense was stout and young.

And lastly, this is a new year and every team we face should worry us.

gmen0820
09-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah right. You said RG3 was gonna be frantic and running for his life. In other news, I'm watching the Bucs now and they look good....pitching a shutout so far.I also said they'd beat the Saints this week. Nothing they did this week surprised me, that I'll reiterate.

BurnerNYG
09-09-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm glad I don't live in La La Land and try to come up with lame excuses on why somebody did something lol smh. The Giants need to worry about everybody they face because they're gonna end up playing up or down to their opponents anyway.

BurnerNYG
09-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I also said they'd beat the Saints this week. Nothing they did this week surprised me, that I'll reiterate.I don't recall that. I recall you saying how great Luck is gonna be. I like Luck too but not to the point where I trashed RG3.

gmen0820
09-09-2012, 06:38 PM
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?16550-Start..Floyd-v-Oak-or-Moore-v-Wash&goto=newpost first post is mine, read the bottom.

BurnerNYG
09-09-2012, 06:41 PM
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?16550-Start..Floyd-v-Oak-or-Moore-v-Wash&goto=newpost first post is mine, read the bottom.Lol....ok, ok you're off the hook.

Ladder27
09-09-2012, 06:41 PM
you should be very worried , Redskins will win the division and Giants last ............... with the pathetic loss against Dallas , team did not show up a all a disgrace ............... what happens when the Giants play the good teams they will get crushed , and iam a Giants fan LOL .......... just enjoy the last Super Bowl ....... i think Fewell is a train wreck , and so is the Giants offensive line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guess Bommer is right .............. no playoffs

You sir, are a moron. Not a Giants fan. Have a nice day moron!

TheEnigma
09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
We need to be worried about that Bucs defense. They're looking good.

gmen0820
09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Lol....ok, ok you're off the hook.excellent...:cool:

bELIeve_in_Giants
09-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes, the Redskins and RGIII were very impressive today - winning in the superdome is hard to do and they looked very good. on the bright side, Mike Vick looked terrible and was just lucky that Weeden was so very bad.

woocrew
09-09-2012, 06:49 PM
100% we are hurting in the secondary and the skins looked scary but they should not overlook the games ahead just worry about the bucs

davepc
09-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Well since the Redskins beat the Giants twice last year without their new, better QB why shouldn't they worry about them?

Eliscruzzz
09-09-2012, 07:03 PM
This is just sad everyone is worried about the division when we don't even play a division game untill 3 weeks who knows what will happen it's week 1 Redskins have a good defense and they upgraded at qb every division game will be a battle but those other teams better be worried about us too when we get it rolling. Also the Saints defense isn't exactly stout either no pass rush and ok DBs.

Redeyejedi
09-09-2012, 07:08 PM
RG3 wont hold up I believe long term.Skins hid him all preseason teams will adjust. I am worried that he can hit big plays against this secondary. Justin Tryon playing major snaps is a death sentence against anyone

joemorrisforprez
09-09-2012, 07:19 PM

We couldn't handle them last season.....so the answer is a big "yes".

Eliscruzzz
09-09-2012, 07:42 PM
RG3 wont hold up I believe long term.Skins hid him all preseason teams will adjust. I am worried that he can hit big plays against this secondary. Justin Tryon playing major snaps is a death sentence against anyoneHopefully Prince will be back by then.

Rudyy
09-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Some people on here need to take 930284 chill pills.

chizz
09-09-2012, 07:52 PM
HELL FREAKING YES. RG3 is a mobile qb ad that seems to be one of our kryptonites

BurnerNYG
09-09-2012, 07:52 PM
RG3 wont hold up I believe long term.Skins hid him all preseason teams will adjust. I am worried that he can hit big plays against this secondary. Justin Tryon playing major snaps is a death sentence against anyoneI was rooting for the Skins today because I obviously hate the Saints more. Me and my wife noticed how RG3 was throwing with nice touch on the short throws and with good velocity on the longer ones. We said to each other that we're cheering for him today but in five years we're gonna hate his guts.

What makes you think he's gonna wear down? I don't see that... I see a smart, poised kid that's gonna end up getting better and better. Nobody goes in The Superdome and beat the Saints. You can make all the excuses in the world on how they scored 40 but seeing is believing and what I saw today wasn't a fluke. I think Shanahan is gonna do a great job grooming him.

dnotch121
09-09-2012, 07:53 PM
we need to be worried about EVERYONE nobody is looking like a push over.

Mod_C
09-09-2012, 08:01 PM
We have the toughest schedule in the NFL yet again

giantsfan420
09-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I was rooting for the Skins today because I obviously hate the Saints more. Me and my wife noticed how RG3 was throwing with nice touch on the short throws and with good velocity on the longer ones. We said to each other that we're cheering for him today but in five years we're gonna hate his guts.

What makes you think he's gonna wear down? I don't see that... I see a smart, poised kid that's gonna end up getting better and better. Nobody goes in The Superdome and beat the Saints. You can make all the excuses in the world on how they scored 40 but seeing is believing and what I saw today wasn't a fluke. I think Shanahan is gonna do a great job grooming him.
they were running the offense he ran at baylor. it worked today, but like the tebow led spread, it can be defended once film is put out on them. he made some great throws, dont get me wrong, but a lot of those plays were no read/gimmicky type of spread offense. im not all that worried about the redskins, i think that Shannahan put together an excellent game plan he had 3 months to work on, gets diff when u have 3 days to formulate one, and plus now that shotgun baylor pistol formation aint surprising anyone anymore. eventually he's gonna have to play from under the C...

BlueSanta
09-09-2012, 08:05 PM
they were running the offense he ran at baylor. it worked today, but like the tebow led spread, it can be defended once film is put out on them. he made some great throws, dont get me wrong, but a lot of those plays were no read/gimmicky type of spread offense. im not all that worried about the redskins, i think that Shannahan put together an excellent game plan he had 3 months to work on, gets diff when u have 3 days to formulate one, and plus now that shotgun baylor pistol formation aint surprising anyone anymore. eventually he's gonna have to play from under the C...

I do not disagree with you. But, even without RG3 in the equation the Skins are a much improved team over last year. They still need to be taken seriously.

The_ One
09-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Hell Yes! 40 points against the Saints in the vaunted Superdome! The same Superdome that has been a house of horrors for us the past few years!You do realize the Saints have no defense, no coach, heck, no assistant coach, no GM. Just relax, it's the first week.

BurnerNYG
09-09-2012, 08:16 PM
they were running the offense he ran at baylor. it worked today, but like the tebow led spread, it can be defended once film is put out on them. he made some great throws, dont get me wrong, but a lot of those plays were no read/gimmicky type of spread offense. im not all that worried about the redskins, i think that Shannahan put together an excellent game plan he had 3 months to work on, gets diff when u have 3 days to formulate one, and plus now that shotgun baylor pistol formation aint surprising anyone anymore. eventually he's gonna have to play from under the C...He played from under center a few times... how do you think they ran the ball so effectively? Did you not see his playaction fakes? I've been watching football for a long time and I know a good player when I see one. Every QB has a bad game so I know that's gonna eventually happen but c'mon... did you say Tebow? Did he ever play a pro game without throwing a pick or did he ever throw for 300 yards? I'm not putting Griffin in the HOF but I don't think he''ll have a problem adjusting(you can't teach heart and poise...a person is born with it).

BurnerNYG
09-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Ok I'm out of here...some of you guys (not you 420) just don't know football.

Rudyy
09-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Ok I'm out of here...some of you guys (not you 420) just don't know football. This made me laugh so hard.

BuffyBlueII
09-09-2012, 08:27 PM
You should see it down here in Redskins country right now. Hilarious. You think they'd just won the superbowl. But then again, they do this every time they win.

I live down here also and it is kind of nice to see these folks with something to be excited about now.

Washington Redskins looked good today and RGIII looked like a poised veteran.

Well, may be a little early but I for one am excited that our rivalry with Washington Redskins means something now.

I bELIeve.

Diamondring
09-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Like other posters have said, we have to worry about ourselves cause they next team is another enemy and we play them.

The_ One
09-09-2012, 08:43 PM
RRGIII is the real deal, he will be a better QB the Luck in the long run. And yes the Skins will give us a hard time, they beat us twice last year with no QB, now that they have one and a nice defense, it will be a long year, I see us fighting with the Skins for the top spot in our division with Dallas in the hunt with the Eagirls in last place, Vick will not make it all year, they got lucky today because the Brownies have no QB or offense.

Buddy333
09-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Considering how they played today and how the Giants played the other daybid say they need to be concerned. That and the fact they swept the Giants last year.

bearbryant
09-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Man o man. This is gonna be a hell of a year. Don't ya think? !!!

BigBlueAllDay
09-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Giants don't play the Redskins until Week 7... lol One week at a time, the Bucs up next.

Captain Chaos
09-09-2012, 09:10 PM
The Skins will be serious this year!

giantsfan420
09-09-2012, 10:01 PM
He played from under center a few times... how do you think they ran the ball so effectively? Did you not see his playaction fakes? I've been watching football for a long time and I know a good player when I see one. Every QB has a bad game so I know that's gonna eventually happen but c'mon... did you say Tebow? Did he ever play a pro game without throwing a pick or did he ever throw for 300 yards? I'm not putting Griffin in the HOF but I don't think he''ll have a problem adjusting(you can't teach heart and poise...a person is born with it).

RG3 looked nasty dont get me wrong. the question was if i was worried about the redskins, and Im not. that doesnt mean that they arent vastly improved and on the path to being a good team or that RG3 isn't gonna be good. My point is that he isnt going to look as good as he did today bc 1-Shannahan had 3 months gameplanning this with RG3 in mind n he is an offensive mind. 2- He practically ran the offense he ran at Baylor. It is a pistol shotgun, spread formation type scheme predicated on a lot of the things the offense tebow ran is predicated on. does that mean i think he's anything like tebow? hell no aside from the running aspect I guess but RG3 is clearly a very pure style passer. 3. Bc they ran this spread offensive scheme, which kinda, imho, relies on gimmicky type things like RG3 reading the DE's and a lot of play fakes and naked boots without any designed reads (bc shannahan did formulate one helluva gameplan).
in 3 yrs, yeah I'll be worried about DC bc at that point, they'll be legit playoff contenders. at this moment tho, i do not believe they are legit playoff contenders even tho their win today was very impressive. i think now that shanny doesnt have 3 months to create a gameplan, that we are going to see a lot less of the pistol spread type stuff and more of his offense, thats when ill truly gaudge it. and even still, if they run an offense like they did today vs us, i am confident with our 3 de's, we could disrupt that and make him pay for being mobile. we've done it with vick plenty of times in the past.

just my take.

giantsfan420
09-09-2012, 10:06 PM
and rg3 also did make some very risky throws. that first TD series, he nearly threw an easy int, the guy just couldnt catch a cold. it just didnt look like he was scanning the field all the well, it felt like a lot of it was designed read n run type stuff. even on that td to garcon, from the behind endzone replay, it looks like rg3 is jumpy bc he knows that blitzer is coming. i give him a ton of credit on that td, helluva td. im just saying i didnt feel like he made this calm n collected read and was sure of the throw, it felt like he was just ripping it (and the ball did sail high Garcon made a helluva catch), he can end up being a special qb tho if he can master reading complex defenses

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Yes we should be. As well as the Cowboys and Eagles. And any team on our schedule.

miked1958
09-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Considering how they played today and how the Giants played the other daybid say they need to be concerned. That and the fact they swept the Giants last year.Yes but we were expected to beat em last season. Now with all world RG3 I'm almost sure that the skins would be favored against us by 3 TDs (red). I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them by 21

GMENAGAIN
09-09-2012, 10:38 PM
The Giants need to be worried about every team.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-09-2012, 10:44 PM
We need to be worried about the Bucs.^^^^^^ This, thank you for your time.

Marvelousmik
09-09-2012, 10:56 PM
RG3 looked nasty dont get me wrong. the question was if i was worried about the redskins, and Im not. that doesnt mean that they arent vastly improved and on the path to being a good team or that RG3 isn't gonna be good. My point is that he isnt going to look as good as he did today bc 1-Shannahan had 3 months gameplanning this with RG3 in mind n he is an offensive mind. 2- He practically ran the offense he ran at Baylor. It is a pistol shotgun, spread formation type scheme predicated on a lot of the things the offense tebow ran is predicated on. does that mean i think he's anything like tebow? hell no aside from the running aspect I guess but RG3 is clearly a very pure style passer. 3. Bc they ran this spread offensive scheme, which kinda, imho, relies on gimmicky type things like RG3 reading the DE's and a lot of play fakes and naked boots without any designed reads (bc shannahan did formulate one helluva gameplan).
in 3 yrs, yeah I'll be worried about DC bc at that point, they'll be legit playoff contenders. at this moment tho, i do not believe they are legit playoff contenders even tho their win today was very impressive. i think now that shanny doesnt have 3 months to create a gameplan, that we are going to see a lot less of the pistol spread type stuff and more of his offense, thats when ill truly gaudge it. and even still, if they run an offense like they did today vs us, i am confident with our 3 de's, we could disrupt that and make him pay for being mobile. we've done it with vick plenty of times in the past.

just my take.

When you said you're not worried about the redskins do you mean you'renot worried about them making the playoffs or you're not worried about them beating us? If there is one lesson ive learned watching the giants, especially the last few years, its that there is no team we CANT beat, and there is no team we CANT LOSE TO. Respect all fear none.

Eliscruzzz
09-09-2012, 11:27 PM
When you said you're not worried about the redskins do you mean you'renot worried about them making the playoffs or you're not worried about them beating us? If there is one lesson ive learned watching the giants, especially the last few years, its that there is no team we CANT beat, and there is no team we CANT LOSE TO. Respect all fear none. Wow some much insight tell me and every other Giants fan something we don't already know.

Buddy333
09-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Forget about RG3 for a second. Did you see what their defense did to the Saints in their house?

giantsfan420
09-09-2012, 11:49 PM
When you said you're not worried about the redskins do you mean you'renot worried about them making the playoffs or you're not worried about them beating us? If there is one lesson ive learned watching the giants, especially the last few years, its that there is no team we CANT beat, and there is no team we CANT LOSE TO. Respect all fear none.
oh i agree with that sentiment. i guess i misunderstood the question. the only reason for me to worry about teams in the reg season isnt necessarily about them beating us but that team taking a potential playoff spot from us. i've accepted we'll never be 16-0 lol so losses will happen. am I worried we'll lose to DC? welle ven if we do, we lost twice last yr to them and still won the SB. so i dunno I just guess I have trained my mind to never be fearful of the skins

oldsmobile
09-10-2012, 01:20 AM
I am worried about next 15 games !!!!I don't see us making "Playoffs" , with No running game . No db's !!! And yes we have a pass rush , but they never "TACKLE " QB !!! I have been a GIANT FAN since 1960's . When we are good I'll say it , But when we sting I will tell it like it is !!! Record this year
7-9 , NO PLAY OFFS !!!!

BillTheGreek
09-10-2012, 01:38 AM
OK>>>>>>>>>>Yes, Giants need to be worried about the Skins, And every team they are going to play,.but not now !...
Take one GAME at a time ! FIRST Chrush Tampa Bay ! BUILD CONFIDENCE, Then worry about the OTHER teams, when it"s time !
GO GIANTS !

Toadofsteel
09-10-2012, 01:40 AM
There's only one team our players need to worry about: the New York Giants...

greenca190
09-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Have we not learned yet that the Giants game plan to the team they are playing against every week?

This is why we have so many god damn close games that make us all want to have heart attacks. Because we game plan to a teams weakness. We game plan with their strengths in mind, as well. By doing so, we often have close games that don't exactly show how competitive and complete this team can be.

When we play the Redskins, we will have a plan for them. Same as every other team on our schedule. Certainly, the Redskins have skill at a lot of positions. But there are ways to minimize it.

G-Men Surg.
09-10-2012, 02:41 AM

Like every year they have to take care of business and worry about each opponent they face week in and week out . Remember last year when they were overconfident and got whooped by the Seahawks ( ugh ). They have to take it seriously because everybody is waiting in line to take their best shot at them . Redskins, eagles, cowturds, ravens you name it , I'm worried about all of them.

rainierjef
09-10-2012, 03:09 AM
The giants need to worry about what they can do to be a better team, than they were last Wednesday. Then prepare accordingly, for whomever is on the schedule that week.

Harooni
09-10-2012, 07:15 AM
seeing is how they beat us twice last season, their D looks good and QB is for real it seems. yes skins are in this nfc east battle . was banking on rg3 taking a year or so to develop and also skins oline not being good.

BurnerNYG
09-10-2012, 07:47 AM
and rg3 also did make some very risky throws. that first TD series, he nearly threw an easy int, the guy just couldnt catch a cold. it just didnt look like he was scanning the field all the well, it felt like a lot of it was designed read n run type stuff. even on that td to garcon, from the behind endzone replay, it looks like rg3 is jumpy bc he knows that blitzer is coming. i give him a ton of credit on that td, helluva td. im just saying i didnt feel like he made this calm n collected read and was sure of the throw, it felt like he was just ripping it (and the ball did sail high Garcon made a helluva catch), he can end up being a special qb tho if he can master reading complex defensesHeisman trophy winner rarely threw picks in his last year In college, didn't throw a pick yesterday in his first NFL game, beat a team that went 8-0 at home last year and you're tellIng me that he was being jumpy and not scanning the field well? What complex defense are you talking about? Lol you're reaching. Just admit that you were wrong.

titwio
09-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Skins defense is legit...I'm honestly more worried about them than I am RG3.

Even though, It's amazing how disciplined that team overall looked yesterday. Shanahan has his team looking focused and disciplined...pretty impressive victory on the road and against the Saints no less.

jakegibbs
09-10-2012, 08:27 AM

They need to be worried about every team. There's a reason a lot of the experts picked them last in the NFC East. 30% turnover from SB winning team is not easy to get everyone on same page with only what 15 or so practices under the new CBA. Man oh man I got a bad feeling that TC's job will be on the line again before this season has run its course. He'll could be the only 2 time HOF HC that gets fired the year after winning his second SB. All I see is glaring holes in this team that JR has to have some of the blame go his way too. He let the 30% walk off.

BurnerNYG
09-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Tom Coughlin isn't getting fired, that's ridiculous to even think that.

GMENAGAIN
09-10-2012, 11:26 AM
They need to be worried about every team. There's a reason a lot of the experts picked them last in the NFC East. 30% turnover from SB winning team is not easy to get everyone on same page with only what 15 or so practices under the new CBA. Man oh man I got a bad feeling that TC's job will be on the line again before this season has run its course. He'll could be the only 2 time HOF HC that gets fired the year after winning his second SB. All I see is glaring holes in this team that JR has to have some of the blame go his way too. He let the 30% walk off.
Dumbest post of the season so far. Nice job!

burier
09-10-2012, 03:17 PM
We need to be worried about the redskins. I Have no idea why people are talking about the Bucs in this thread. (Get over yourselves with this "one week at a time stuff"...That's for the guys who actually play. Not the fans.)

As I said right after it became obvious that the skins would take RG3...The days of pushing the skins around are over. RG3 is going to pain in the *** for years to come,

GiantWarfare
09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
We should be concerned about every team on our schedule. W/ that said, the days of the doormat Skins seem to be over. RG3 looked mighty impressive yesterday. We knew they were a QB away from finally being in the mix.

I'll still reserve judgment as to how good the Skins really are 'till they compete within the division. As of present, let's focus on the Bucs.

sharick88
09-10-2012, 03:45 PM

This is a silly question. Even though I don't put a ton of stock on that win that they had yesterday ( against one of the worst and softest defenses in football), they are a division rival and are a factor everytime we play them. Plus they did sweep the giants last year. Hell yeah, I am worried about them.

GameTime
09-10-2012, 03:50 PM
the Giants should be worried about every game.....

BigBlue wins
09-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Last year the bills were 3-0 before losing by a kick to the Bengals. Their biggest win was against the patriots where Tom Brady looked as if he already had them done with in the first half.

We were the second team to beat them out of six teams. You would've thought at that point that the Bills were going to the playoffs by week 7. After their bye season, they fell apart and pretty much lost the rest of their games.

Point is, play out some games and once the book is mostly inked in, you know how the season is going. Until then, I am going to enjoy the giants at a weekly basis. Yes the Redskins looked god, but it was week 1. Ask me again in week 10

BklynBlue
09-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Withou reading all the threads on this topic, the answer would have to be YES. I watched this game yesterday and boy did RG3 look poised. I wish he was not in the NFC East!

Martyr
09-10-2012, 04:22 PM
They did sweep the Giants last year with Rex Grossman