PDA

View Full Version : Practice will not fix this offensive line

I Bleed Blue
09-09-2012, 05:26 PM
David Diehl is not the only problem on this line. We have an absolute expensive dud playing center. Just go back and look at games from last season, and the loss on Wednesday, and you will see him constantly get blown up at the point of attack. Snee's play has consistently been in decline. I know Coughlin loves veterans who are familiar with the play book, but what difference does that make when a player lacks the physical tools to help this team win?

You cannot train a poodle to be a killer attack dog (no relations to Vick). This isn't about one loss. It's about a problem stemming all the way back to week one of last year. The players on this line are not built for the run game. No back would be successful behind this line. Boothe may have slimmed down, but even he has no push off the line. First things first. Get Diehl off this line ASAP! He's no longer serviceable. It may be time to look at making a change at center as well. However, I know that won't happen.

Eli cannot be at his best having to throw a majority of the time. His numbers could go through the roof if we could run the damn ball. Our play actions passing game is non-existent. What is Coughlin looking at? Does he not see what is blatantly obvious? I know the secondary is the other area of concern, but this line by far is the teams biggest achilles heal. This is the NFC east. We cannot become a run and shoot team and expect to go far.

ALLnygIN
09-09-2012, 05:32 PM
There isn't much that can be done now. We just have to hope the coaches can learn to get the most out of what they have, and hope that the players step up and play beyond there expected abilities.

radar-ray
09-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Yes, same problem from last year. Some blamed the backs, but it's the o-line.

joemorrisforprez
09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
David Diehl is not the only problem on this line. We have an absolute expensive dud playing center. Just go back and look at games from last season, and the loss on Wednesday, and you will see him constantly get blown up at the point of attack. Snee's play has consistently been in decline. I know Coughlin loves veterans who are familiar with the play book, but what difference does that make when a player lacks the physical tools to help this team win?

You cannot train a poodle to be a killer attack dog (no relations to Vick). This isn't about one loss. It's about a problem stemming all the way back to week one of last year. The players on this line are not built for the run game. No back would be successful behind this line. Boothe may have slimmed down, but even he has no push off the line. First things first. Get Diehl off this line ASAP! He's no longer serviceable. It may be time to look at making a change at center as well. However, I know that won't happen.

Eli cannot be at his best having to throw a majority of the time. His numbers could go through the roof if we could run the damn ball. Our play actions passing game is non-existent. What is Coughlin looking at? Does he not see what is blatantly obvious? I know the secondary is the other area of concern, but this line by far is the teams biggest achilles heal. This is the NFC east. We cannot become a run and shoot team and expect to go far.

Right now Baas is looking like a big mistake for Reese.

Snappinnecks
09-09-2012, 06:25 PM
We've drafted and developed ONE offensive lineman in 8 years!! Snee and THAT'S it!!

TheBookOfEli
09-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Seeing San Fran's oline really makes our line look like a pee-wee football oline.

I Bleed Blue
09-09-2012, 06:51 PM
We've drafted and developed ONE offensive lineman in 8 years!! Snee and THAT'S it!!

Correct. We overpaid for Antrel Rolle and Christ Canty when that money could have been spent on some quality linemen. I hope Reese and Coughlin are not this naive. The stubbornness regarding this line has to stop now. Slowly insert some of the younger guys and see what they can do. It can't get any worse.

TheEnigma
09-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Free Agency in February and the 2013 NFL Draft will fix this offensive line.

TheBookOfEli
09-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Correct. We overpaid for Antrel Rolle and Christ Canty when that money could have been spent on some quality linemen. I hope Reese and Coughlin are not this naive. The stubbornness regarding this line has to stop now. Slowly insert some of the younger guys and see what they can do. It can't get any worse.

canty is great when healthy but we may need to look at releasing his large contract, Rolle included. With that money we could sign a quality Offensive lineman and we use our 1st round pick on oline.

Diamondring
09-09-2012, 07:27 PM
We lost by one td so if the O-line is that bad, then we should have less than 17 points. I know they aren't dominating but they are a decent bunch that can give Eli time. Also you can't judge by one game unless you are making a prediction.

The_ One
09-09-2012, 07:35 PM
The sky is falling, get a grip here people, this is the same team that won the SB last year, hello, we are the defending SB champions. Remember that both times that we won the last two SB championships we lost the first game, which does not mean we will get there again this season, every year is a new year for every team, back to back SB championships are not as easy as they used to be do to free agency.

Diamondring
09-09-2012, 07:39 PM
The sky is falling, get a grip here people, this is the same team that won the SB last year, hello, we are the defending SB champions. Remember that both times that we won the last two SB championships we lost the first game, which does not mean we will get there again this season, every year is a new year for every team, back to back SB championships are not as easy as they used to be do to free agency.Man you is so right.

I Bleed Blue
09-09-2012, 07:42 PM
We lost by one td so if the O-line is that bad, then we should have less than 17 points. I know they aren't dominating but they are a decent bunch that can give Eli time. Also you can't judge by one game unless you are making a prediction.

As I stated, this is not a one game observation. This problem goes back to week 1 of last season. This has nothing to do with a prediction. What are you talking about?

bearbryant
09-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Finally, a thread that I can totally agree with the majority of comments. Last year I would wonder how the hell we'd even sniff the play offs w/ the O line we had. I was pleasantly surprised at the way it turned out. The difference is The cohesiveness of our O line is non existent because the individual talent isn't there and Snee is not what he used to be,Baas is a waste, DD is useless and boothe is a backup at best. Locklear was the best O lineman out there and he wasn't opening holes. Bennett gave it a college try but he went against one of the best. I watched the play of the O line closely and non of this will be taken care of with glue, gum or more desire.

Even if beatty turns out to be a real LT, that doesn't take care of the other 4 linemen. Our drafts on the O line have been ridiculous...Beatty a second rounder and he's a project. There is no upside to him like our draft of JPP. The best we'll get will be a servicable tackle not an All Pro. We continue to waste 4-5-6&7th rounders for the O line. None get on the field, they all go home. Thats not a good record. Watching this season is going to be very interesting if nothing else. Go Jints

Buddy333
09-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Absolutely correct. It's sad but true. This OL was bad last year and they looked worst in the 1st game. I'm hoping the WR's get back to form and they get Wilson involved in the game. His speed and moves can negate the horrible OL some times.

Captain Chaos
09-09-2012, 08:12 PM

I absolutely disagree, Beatty is starting and he was a second round pick as well. Brewer could also surprise.

giantsfan420
09-09-2012, 08:46 PM
The sky is falling, get a grip here people, this is the same team that won the SB last year, hello, we are the defending SB champions. Remember that both times that we won the last two SB championships we lost the first game, which does not mean we will get there again this season, every year is a new year for every team, back to back SB championships are not as easy as they used to be do to free agency.

our OL never looked near this bad on any day of the season, especially opening day when they should be firing like a new big block, 420 hp twin turbo engine...
the poster who brought up the 9ers OL is sadly right...their OL makes ours look like theyre playing water polo or something. Imagine Eli having that line n run game to feed off of? he could literally take 3 posters here and turn em into all pros with that OL

brad
09-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Wow, this thread is a bit dramatic... I think we can all agree that the O-line looked bad, but to give up on the entire season after one game is a bit much.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-09-2012, 09:22 PM
COHESION will make the difference. Last year we shuffled around some players and thats when we figure out the right combination. Yes they are getting old and yes they take a little longer to get it back, however the BODY never forgets what it's supposed to do especially when it comes to going the distance! I do think a new O-line coach could change things up a bit. Not saying he is bad but ok, when it comes to the run game, he is well ........clueless!

RichGiants81
09-09-2012, 09:25 PM

Antrell and canty were great pick ups

Eliscruzzz
09-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Antrell and canty were great pick upsThank you it's not their fault our o-line sucks.

GMENAGAIN
09-09-2012, 09:30 PM

Go back and look and look at Baas' game in the SB.

Diamondring
09-09-2012, 09:49 PM
As I stated, this is not a one game observation. This problem goes back to week 1 of last season. This has nothing to do with a prediction. What are you talking about?Look, before you come and quote me, look at the title of your thread. Practice will not fix this O-line. You must be making a prediction if you said that especially since they do practice. I also think there is no problem but in the minds of posters. It seems like a lot of them don't know that there are different types of O-lines. Some are good for pass blocking, some are good at run blocking and some are good at both right? Ours is mostly pass blocking right now. They are not the best at it but they do get the job done.

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 09:55 PM

You hope they aren't this naive? So essentially, without offering them a second perspective, you are calling them football naive.

Wow.

zimonami
09-09-2012, 10:22 PM
There's a few elements that shape an OLine... individual talent, and Chemistry... what some call cohesion.
This is the worst line I think we've had in 35-40 years.
I don't think there is much talent at any of the 5 spots.
So, we can only hope that they'll get some chemistry together. That takes time, and continuity.
We haven't had continuity for some time, so I don't think we'll see this line at its best for another 6-7 games.
Last year the situation was similar... so, there is hope that we can win in spite of this weakness.

Kase-1
09-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Well at least people are starting to realize that its not our backs that cant run, its our OL that cant get the push at the point of attack to clear the lanes and allow our guys to break free for positive yardage

jomo
09-09-2012, 10:50 PM
There's a few elements that shape an OLine... individual talent, and Chemistry... what some call cohesion.
This is the worst line I think we've had in 35-40 years.
I don't think there is much talent at any of the 5 spots.
So, we can only hope that they'll get some chemistry together. That takes time, and continuity.
We haven't had continuity for some time, so I don't think we'll see this line at its best for another 6-7 games.
Last year the situation was similar... so, there is hope that we can win in spite of this weakness.Last year was very similar Zim. By playoff time we improved all the way to adequate which was all we needed. This year we also have a better TE and better wide receivers.Running backs are at least even, so if we can just develop some of that chemistry..............

El Jefe
09-09-2012, 11:00 PM
It's sad how bad out line has become. I will say this though, the line looked like crap to start the season last year too and over the course of the year they did become serviceable, but the fact that we now have to keep praying that the line gets better is a problem, especially when we had the chance to address it in the draft.

El Jefe
09-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Antrell and canty were great pick ups
wtf? no they weren't, and they're a HUGE reason we're cap strapped

Toadofsteel
09-09-2012, 11:19 PM

They can only give Eli time if KG calls a pass play. It seems to me like while many of the players are willing to own up to their faults and try to fix them, the coaches are so set in their ways that they can't realize some basic things, like calling a run play when your rushing attack has produced negative net yardage over two quarters is a bad idea...

Antwuan
09-10-2012, 03:23 AM

Im hoping the Giants draft an O-Lineman in the first round.

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 04:46 AM
Last year was very similar Zim. By playoff time we improved all the way to adequate which was all we needed. This year we also have a better TE and better wide receivers.Running backs are at least even, so if we can just develop some of that chemistry..............

Have to agree Jomo, this year we may even see the emergence of another young tackle named Brewer, they could turn it to an absolutely adequate line with some work!

giant-4-life
09-10-2012, 06:58 AM

Finally,someone with a stable head on their shoulders.

thomsoad
09-10-2012, 12:26 PM

DREAMING -
The belief that an offensive line can be completely overhauled in only one year by the way of the draft and/or free agency.

DELUSIONAL:
ex1: The belief that NFL teams regularly let high caliber OL go to FA
ex2: The belief that a team can get a high quality OL for cheap
ex3: The belief that a team concentrated on WR and DE depth has the funds available to aquire high caliber OL in free agency
ex4: The belief that an OL drafted does not need a couple of years to develop.

repeatchamps
09-10-2012, 02:03 PM
DREAMING -
The belief that an offensive line can be completely overhauled in only one year by the way of the draft and/or free agency.

DELUSIONAL:
ex3: The belief that a team concentrated on WR and DE depth has the funds available to aquire high caliber OL in free agency
ex4: The belief that an OL drafted does not need a couple of years to develop.

Yup couldn't have said it better myself. Has there been any big impact linemen around the time the Giants have picked last several years (at their pick or later)? Answer is a big fat no. Has there been any big time affordable free agents available for the Giants O-line the last several years? Answer is a bigger and fatter no.

Redeyejedi
09-10-2012, 03:08 PM
DREAMING -

DELUSIONAL:
ex4: The belief that an OL drafted does not need a couple of years to develop.Well Grubbs and Nicks are All Pro guards and both of them could of been had last offseason. Cheaply is another story. I wonder how the Giants will handle Chris Snee in the future. He is starting to decline are they really going to pay him ALL Pro guard money to be average.He is Coughlins son in law which complicates things. What is it a 9 Million dollar cap hit for him

moosedrool
09-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Yup couldn't have said it better myself. Has there been any big impact linemen around the time the Giants have picked last several years (at their pick or later)? Answer is a big fat no. Has there been any big time affordable free agents available for the Giants O-line the last several years? Answer is a bigger and fatter no.

Last year stud OT Eric Winston was available. He signed with KC for 4 years 22 million. In comparison we gave Canty 6 years at 42 million and Rolle 5 years at 37 million, both way overpaid for their positions and killing our salary cap.

BurnerNYG
09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
You know what, I was thinking. Maybe our offensive line isn't that bad...maybe, just maybe the Cowboys kicked our tails. I'm gonna have to see a few more games before I continue throwing the Oline under the bus.

drewz
09-10-2012, 03:34 PM
The Steelers addressed their oline with their first 2 picks in the draft and look at how well that's working out for them right now.

thomsoad
09-10-2012, 03:54 PM
The Steelers addressed their oline with their first 2 picks in the draft and look at how well that's working out for them right now.
Boy i hope this was sarcasm.
Cuz Steelers mustered a whopping 2.9 yards per rush last night.

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 03:59 PM
You know what, I was thinking. Maybe our offensive line isn't that bad...maybe, just maybe the Cowboys kicked our tails. I'm gonna have to see a few more games before I continue throwing the Oline under the bus.

i hope so...but no, the OL really is that bad. that wasnt the 1rst, 2nd, 3rd or 4th time we've seen the OL play that poorly last season and week 1 of this one. it was like the 13th time they;ve been that bad...

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 04:00 PM
You know what, I was thinking. Maybe our offensive line isn't that bad...maybe, just maybe the Cowboys kicked our tails. I'm gonna have to see a few more games before I continue throwing the Oline under the bus.If posters really studied the game, they will realize that there are different types of O-lines. Our happens to be more pass oriented. What O-lines actualy have perfect games?

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 04:23 PM
You know what, I was thinking. Maybe our offensive line isn't that bad...maybe, just maybe the Cowboys kicked our tails. I'm gonna have to see a few more games before I continue throwing the Oline under the bus.While I tend to agree with most of your posts, this one is a little disturbing.

We pretty much have the same O-line as last year, and where did we rank for rushing? I am hoping its just rust that needs to be shed. However, after B.J. went to S.F., he rushed for like 37 yds on 4 carries prior to getting hurt. Only time will tell, but I believe that our O-line combination is needing a major tune-up.

BurnerNYG
09-10-2012, 04:25 PM
I think it's more our gameplan than the Oline... we're too predictable. The coaches outcoached themselves last Wednesday by trying to establish the run. They should've let Eli throw it more. The NFL is changing... we better consider ourselves fortunate to have won those Superbowls.

BurnerNYG
09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Look at Carolina yesterday, they got shutdown. Tampa Bay knew what they was trying to do.

thomsoad
09-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I think it's more our gameplan than the Oline... we're too predictable. The coaches outcoached themselves last Wednesday by trying to establish the run. They should've let Eli throw it more. The NFL is changing... we better consider ourselves fortunate to have won those Superbowls.

??!!
I find it hilarious that an offense that attempted 44 passes is still considered a run first team. News Flash...Giants havent been a running team in quite a few years.
Let me guess...you still consider the Steelers a smash mouth team still too...right?

BurnerNYG
09-10-2012, 04:46 PM
??!!
I find it hilarious that an offense that attempted 44 passes is still considered a run first team. News Flash...Giants havent been a running team in quite a few years.
Let me guess...you still consider the Steelers a smash mouth team still too...right?Calm down Elroy. I just think they need to change the formations and be a little more creative. That I formation with 2 receivers, 2 tight ends, a fullback and a hb is so predictable. We been running the same plays for years, that's why our division rivals are catching on. Can you say shotgun draw?

JesseJames
09-10-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm still wondering how a team that was last in running the ball last season drafts a RB in round 1 when our O line couldn't block anybody and still can't this year, whats wrong with this picture...we could have drafted our RB in the 3 rd and gotten a good one and drafted O linemen in round one or two or both...

bearbryant
09-10-2012, 05:16 PM
See JJ... I think the way you do. Obviously the suits do not!!! And neither does the head coach or he would have pushed for that, right. Well, now we have what we have: an O line that can't block for neither Eli or the RB's. Your comment about getting a good O lineman in the 3rd...What is your view of our 2nd round pick up in Beatty? Think he was a good OT? Anyway, just food for thought. It'll be interesting to see what will happen as the year goes on. Go Giants!.
I'm still wondering how a team that was last in running the ball last season drafts a RB in round 1 when our O line couldn't block anybody and still can't this year, whats wrong with this picture...we could have drafted our RB in the 3 rd and gotten a good one and drafted O linemen in round one or two or both...

moosedrool
09-10-2012, 06:24 PM

Watch the David WIlson highlight video on youtube. Good luck finding backs with his talent in the third round.

TheEnigma
09-10-2012, 06:55 PM
If posters really studied the game, they will realize that there are different types of O-lines. Our happens to be more pass oriented. What O-lines actualy have perfect games?

This passing O-line also happened to allow the most total pressure last season for all teams. I'm not singling you out but how many of you actually watch other offensive lines past the Giants? It's completely embarrassing how bad ours is compared to theirs.

BillTheGreek
09-11-2012, 07:20 AM
OK, I said this before, the coaches know we have a problem with the O-Line , RIGHT ! We can't wait till 2013 to correct it ! ............Now change the worst TWO guys on OL for a few plays, Take them from Defense if need be. They no how to BLOCK .It's not going to kill them !....Posters said you can't do that !! it's a different technique. B**S*** .They never played football, EVERY LINEMAN IS TAUGHT HOW TO BLOCK O or D...Hey desperate times, calls for desperate measures. Fix the line OL ! or make an attempt to. We had 82 rushing yards Wednesday........
BTW > This has nothing to do with the first game with the Cowboys, we have had this problem all of last year. Yea, I know we won a Super Bowl with that Line. and we can do it again...But Lets make Eli's job a little easier ! Eli needs HELP..Lets give it to him.......I would like to see them get past Jason Pierre-Paul or Justin Tuck !! it has to be a Team effort .
GO GIANTS !

Hooligans
09-11-2012, 07:56 AM

I agree...a bad offensive line is a bad offensive line. Last season the Giants were dead last in the NFL in rushing because of this offensive line, but Eli overcame that with his passing.....now teams are teeing off and killing Eli, as the same pathetic offensive line isn't capable anymore of run or pass blocking......the only improvement they can make in practice is how they apologize to Eli when he gets lit up yet again by an opponent's pass rush.

timmytimm3
09-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Go back and look and look at Baas' game in the SB.

This. He held his own 1 on 1 against Wilfork several times.

Diamondring
09-11-2012, 08:33 AM
This passing O-line also happened to allow the most total pressure last season for all teams. I'm not singling you out but how many of you actually watch other offensive lines past the Giants? It's completely embarrassing how bad ours is compared to theirs.You didn't even see all of the NFL Teams' O-line in the NFL and how much pressure was cause of the O-line?

I Bleed Blue
09-11-2012, 10:41 AM
This. He held his own 1 on 1 against Wilfork several times.

I think you are over exaggerating this, but lets say for the sake of argument this is true. You give him a free pass for a seasons worth of piss poor center play? The guy is SOFT! No if and or but's about it.

giantsfan420
09-11-2012, 11:03 AM
You didn't even see all of the NFL Teams' O-line in the NFL and how much pressure was cause of the O-line?
dude, what r u trying to argue? there have been studies done on a per snap basis of each and every OLmen in the league. DD was rated the absolute worst T and G...and as a unit, our OL gave up the most pressures in the league, by a strong amount as well. I believe we had like 20% more pressures than the 2nd most pressured team.
I understand the differences between different OL's. Some OL will be road graders and extremely physical at the point. Some are very finesse based. Some use zone schemes, some are good at run blocking while others are good at pass blocking. However, and yes it is rare, you get an OL that can do neither. And thats what ours is. We cant run block. And while we have a great aerial attack, our OL isnt exactly good at pass blocking either. Eli hides a lot of the mistakes from the OL. I have seen enough of different teams OL to know ours isnt cutting it at all/

Greg Schiano
09-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Watched a few Giants games and a few Dolphins games last season. The Giants need a lot of work but at least they weren't the Dolphins in terms of O-line play. It's no wonder the Dolphins went through so many quarterbacks. Colombo is probably starting his career as a human turnstile at JFK.

timmytimm3
09-11-2012, 11:23 AM
I think you are over exaggerating this, but lets say for the sake of argument this is true. You give him a free pass for a seasons worth of piss poor center play? The guy is SOFT! No if and or but's about it.

Not a free pass but I don't think he is soft. He is no O'Hara that's for sure. I'm holding out on judgement until we get Beatty back at LT and a few weeks of practice with the same line.

Same with the defense. Everyone is having a heart attack because Romo torched our 4th and 5th corners while our 2 DTs weren't getting a push in the 2nd half. I feel like we get some guys back healthy and our defense will be pretty nasty.

moosedrool
09-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Baas and Snee received slightly positive grades from PFF for week 1, Locklear was slightly negative, Boothe very negative, and Diehl really really negative. And Baas did have a very good super bowl. Baas is no pro bowler, but the tackle position is a much bigger problem.

Snappinnecks
09-11-2012, 12:53 PM
I agree...a bad offensive line is a bad offensive line. Last season the Giants were dead last in the NFL in rushing because of this offensive line, but Eli overcame that with his passing.....now teams are teeing off and killing Eli, as the same pathetic offensive line isn't capable anymore of run or pass blocking......the only improvement they can make in practice is how they apologize to Eli when he gets lit up yet again by an opponent's pass rush.

Well said! I just hope to hell that Eli doesn't get hurt or we're dead!

BillTheGreek
09-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Watched a few Giants games and a few Dolphins games last season. The Giants need a lot of work but at least they weren't the Dolphins in terms of O-line play. It's no wonder the Dolphins went through so many quarterbacks. Colombo is probably starting his career as a human turnstile at JFK.

Hi Coach
I know the Giants need work, but we have been here before. From what I understand they are making the necessary adjustments as we speak, lol * Can't wish you Good Luck..Sunday........So I will say may the Best Team Win !

Robert21156
09-11-2012, 05:54 PM
dude, what r u trying to argue? there have been studies done on a per snap basis of each and every OLmen in the league. DD was rated the absolute worst T and G...and as a unit, our OL gave up the most pressures in the league, by a strong amount as well. I believe we had like 20% more pressures than the 2nd most pressured team.
I understand the differences between different OL's. Some OL will be road graders and extremely physical at the point. Some are very finesse based. Some use zone schemes, some are good at run blocking while others are good at pass blocking. However, and yes it is rare, you get an OL that can do neither. And thats what ours is. We cant run block. And while we have a great aerial attack, our OL isnt exactly good at pass blocking either. Eli hides a lot of the mistakes from the OL. I have seen enough of different teams OL to know ours isnt cutting it at all/
This post is PERFECT. Our OL really can't run block or pass block. It truly is a miracle that we won the SB last year. We should all be very concerned because as another poster said, you just can't rebuild an OL in just one year.

Greg Schiano
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi Coach

I know the Giants need work, but we have been here before. From what I understand they are making the necessary adjustments as we speak, lol * Can't wish you Good Luck..Sunday........So I will say may the Best Team Win !

Very true and the best team always does win... unless the Eagles win.

BillTheGreek
09-11-2012, 06:22 PM

Hi Again Coach,
Very True about the Eagles !
One last question ? Will I hear from you on Monday ? If not ,I will totally understand why .

moosedrool
09-11-2012, 06:28 PM
The reality is we haven't drafted well in the 2nd and 3rd round in the last 4 years (Reese is an overrated GM in my opinion).

2nd rounders Marvin Austin, Clint Sintim, Will Beatty
3rd rounders Jernel Jernigan, Chad Jones (car accident), Ramses Barden.

All wasted picks that could have been used on OL. Hopefully Beatty pans out, but the others look like busts. It's still early for these guys, but if they don't contribute by their third year they likely won't ever contribute.

Captain Chaos
09-11-2012, 06:31 PM
The reality is we haven't drafted well in the 2nd and 3rd round in the last 4 years (Reese is an overrated GM in my opinion).

2nd rounders Marvin Austin, Clint Sintim, Will Beatty
3rd rounders Jernel Jernigan, Chad Jones (car accident), Ramses Barden.

All wasted picks that could have been used on OL. Hopefully Beatty pans out, but the others look like busts.

Well I'm not so sure I would call Marvin Austin, Will Beatty wasted picks. Oh and we'll blame Jone's car accident on Reese as well, Please....

ingoodshape
09-11-2012, 08:32 PM
your right changes need to happen . jets made a change .................. Diehl needs to sit , and move Boothe to center .................. or else going to be long season ..... as it is have the Giants in last place lol ! Redskins will take the division . i think with a week offensive line we have no chance

BillTheGreek
09-11-2012, 08:46 PM

I meant to tell you !
Congratulations on your first win, by Beating the Carolina Panthers as a NFL head coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers .

Tmurda1984
09-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Well I'm not so sure I would call Marvin Austin, Will Beatty wasted picks. Oh and we'll blame Jone's car accident on Reese as well, Please....

I never liked the Chad Jones pick anyway....he was a multisport athlete and I think baseball was his main love. The Offensive Line needed the help far more than the safety position. But I guess you can still agree with Reese's logic and watch us dead last in rushing....and lets hope Eli can play every game under this line. I changes will only happen after something bad happens to Eli, then Reese and fans like you will finally get a clue.

Buddy333
09-11-2012, 09:42 PM
You do realize the league has changed. A lot of teams can't run. The fullback is almost not exsistant and run stopping DT's are becoming extinct as well. It's all about the passing game and getting to the QB. Beatty is a very good pass blocker but has problems staying healthy. We don't know about Austin yet, but he is a superior athlete. That was the same reason the drafted JPP and so man hated the pick.

MattMeyerBud
09-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree.. Practice never made anybody perfect

whakka
09-12-2012, 02:36 AM
when i look at the timing of all of this it is scary. it sucks to be time to rebuild the o-line just as the franchise qb moves into his prime. add to that the big names that are entering contract years this year or next, and it gets more scary. last i read they were already above cap, not sure if they got under. i think that i am understanding that the latest agreement limits the cap growth for the next 4 years or so? add to all of that that the one "big" move (baas) has been a total letdown, and nowhere near worth what he got paid.

jakegibbs
09-12-2012, 07:42 AM
There isn't much that can be done now. We just have to hope the coaches can learn to get the most out of what they have, and hope that the players step up and play beyond there expected abilities.

There's a clear definition here of what's going on. Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over & over & expecting a different result... Ain't gonna happen I'm afraid. Doom dispair & agony on me...