PDA

View Full Version : Message board should be activated after week 5....

The_ One
09-09-2012, 09:20 PM
After reading some of these ludicrous posts in here, makes me wonder if we should just cancel this season, LOL.:D

Rudyy
09-09-2012, 09:23 PM
After reading some of these ludicrous posts in here, makes me wonder if we should just cancel this season, LOL.:D Didn't you hear? we've already been swept in the division by the Cowboys, Redskins, and Eagles, we're not making the playoffs either.

nygfan90
09-09-2012, 09:26 PM
After reading some of these ludicrous posts in here, makes me wonder if we should just cancel this season, LOL.:DI already hung up all my jerseys for the season and cancelled all the football packages i have. After one game i decided i better just save myself the frustration of watching another giants game. =) lol

The_ One
09-09-2012, 09:32 PM
The Jets just won the SB, LOL.

Drez
09-09-2012, 09:42 PM
The posts won't be any better after week five, lol.

Flip Empty
09-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Amazing how one game can make people lose all hope.

TheEnigma
09-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Imagine how bad it will be if we drop one to the Bucs.

G-MENBK
09-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Imagine how bad it will be if we drop one to the Bucs.

Fire Coughlin!

Rudyy
09-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Imagine how bad it will be if we drop one to the Bucs. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e0/Nagasakibomb.jpg/300px-Nagasakibomb.jpg

FBomb
09-09-2012, 10:02 PM
It's still football season?

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 10:04 PM
I have more hope than all the fools complaining on here that people have no hope.

And thats FACT.

wrek537emc
09-09-2012, 10:06 PM
its like this every season... bandwagon fans that r spoiled by superbowl wins can not fathom a losing season...

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 10:08 PM
After reading some of these ludicrous posts in here, makes me wonder if we should just cancel this season, LOL.:D

(if youre new here) your join date says so but who knows..

Just wait.... you ain't seen nothin' yet.

I've come on these message boards in years passed and seen 90% of the posters call for Eli's head, Coughlin's head, saw the MB fire Spagnuolo twice...etc etc.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-09-2012, 10:13 PM
its like this every season... bandwagon fans that r spoiled by superbowl wins can not fathom a losing season...Well yes, right now we have a losing season 0-1, UH-OH, call the wambulance, This MB and the new ones posting here are all like chicken little. Grow some balls or a set of lips and buck up. I am not, have never been on and will never be a bandwagoneer. Get ready for a full season fight. We will prevail with or without the posers...UH I mean posters here.

brad
09-09-2012, 10:15 PM
LOL, it is like last season all over again... the Skins won the SB last year right?

Rudyy
09-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Well yes, right now we have a losing season 0-1, UH-OH, call the wambulance, This MB and the new ones posting here are all like chicken little. Grow some balls or a set of lips and buck up. I am not, have never been on and will never be a bandwagoneer. Get ready for a full season fight. We will prevail with or without the posers...UH I mean posters here. Fifty for president.

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I could live with a losing season. Can't be worse than the most recent bad season... 2003-2004. Remember that? 4-12 along with the absolute dismal failure of "thunder and lightning"

Ron Dayne hahah, saying his name just cracks me up.

Die-Hard
09-09-2012, 10:56 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e0/Nagasakibomb.jpg/300px-Nagasakibomb.jpg

LMAO

You beat me to it

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 10:59 PM
^^^ I don't get it?

NYGfanNC
09-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Since we'll be 0-5 after week 5, the boards will be worse. :D

PierrePaul
09-09-2012, 11:14 PM
It is a little crazy though. Why do we need to suck so bad some games?? It is so hard to figure out if we are going to win or lose. Look at last year against Seattle. Redskins. Now... we even lost to Dallas!!! I mean almost every time we go into a game super confident, we play like crap. Sheesh. I don't know how you can be a giants fan and not expect a major turnaround though. Here's to hoping history repeats.

BTW: I have been posting since 2006 but I wasn't able to use my old name for some reason. I suspect that happened to others as well.

Rudyy
09-09-2012, 11:16 PM
^^^ I don't get it? That's basically going to be the reaction (especially from the message board) if we lose to the Bucs.

nygfan90
09-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Well yes, right now we have a losing season 0-1, UH-OH, call the wambulance, This MB and the new ones posting here are all like chicken little. Grow some balls or a set of lips and buck up. I am not, have never been on and will never be a bandwagoneer. Get ready for a full season fight. We will prevail with or without the posers...UH I mean posters here.Hey man just cuz im new here doesn't mean i should be thrown into the mix of a bandwagoner! I've never given up on the giants, ever. Have i been utterly disappointed? you bet (pretty sure everyone has at some point or another lol) but i have never just liked a team because they were good and i've never disliked a team because they were bad, nor will i ever! lol

Eliscruzzz
09-09-2012, 11:21 PM
It is a little crazy though. Why do we need to suck so bad some games?? It is so hard to figure out if we are going to win or lose. Look at last year against Seattle. Redskins. Now... we even lost to Dallas!!! I mean almost every time we go into a game super confident, we play like crap. Sheesh. I don't know how you can be a giants fan and not expect a major turnaround though. Here's to hoping history repeats.

BTW: I have been posting since 2006 but I wasn't able to use my old name for some reason. I suspect that happened to others as well.That's just the way the Giants are and it sucks,plus we play in the NFC east where all the teams beat up on each other. But almost something you can count on every year is that the Giants usually go 6-2 int heir 1st 8 games they just have to improve after they play half the season.

Rudyy
09-09-2012, 11:23 PM

BTW: I have been posting since 2006 but I wasn't able to use my old name for some reason. I suspect that happened to others as well. You act like we got blown out or something..
I wanted to win so bad too, it's the opener of course you want to win. It's ONE game, don't get all bent out of shape. This team will make adjustments and come back strong. If we DON'T then we can somewhat panic..

CowboysSuck
09-09-2012, 11:32 PM
That's basically going to be the reaction (especially from the message board) if we lose to the Bucs.

Still doesn't explain what the atomic bomb has to do with the message boards and being shut down until week 5?

nygfan90
09-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Still doesn't explain what the atomic bomb has to do with the message boards and being shut down until week 5?Maybe that if we lose, people are going to blow up (ya know, like an atomic bomb) lol just a guess though, could be totally wrong haha

The_ One
09-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Everyone here needs to realize that our team is not far off from being bad, it took a miracle for us to get into the playoffs last year "everything that was supposed to go right went right for us" towards the end of the season, but if you can't remember the first half of the season when we stunk "remember our secondary was getting torched all year long", and we could not run the ball a lick:lmao:, till our front four on defense got healthy and everything changed. Same with the running game. I honestly can see this being a long year, with a boat load of "it's the end of the world as we know it:lmao: on these boards".
The bottom LINE, and that means both defensive and offensive LINES, if they both fail, then we are done.

Toadofsteel
09-10-2012, 12:11 AM

This. I can't stand these random bombshells that we have been seeming to lay 2-3 times a year. Not going to make me run away from being a Giants fan, and honestly, if respect makes us play like crap, then i'd rather do without it. But not being able to talk **** to eagles fans just plain sucks... you can bet I trashed every eagles fan I knew after week 3 last year.

Rudyy
09-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Maybe that if we lose, people are going to blow up (ya know, like an atomic bomb) lol just a guess though, could be totally wrong haha ....

People are going to explode (hence..the atomic bomb) if we lose.

Rudyy
09-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Maybe that if we lose, people are going to blow up (ya know, like an atomic bomb) lol just a guess though, could be totally wrong haha Thank you.

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 12:32 AM
So there is no reason to be concerned about the team?

Drez
09-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Still doesn't explain what the atomic bomb has to do with the message boards and being shut down until week 5?
It has more to do with the fact that if we lose to the Bucs, this place is going to blow up like an atom bomb with all the knee jerk reactionaries saying that we suck, fire coach x, bench/cut player y, etc..............

Drez
09-10-2012, 12:35 AM
It's not that there's no reason for concern. But, concern and a lot of what happens in these parts after a loss are two completely different things. You should know that by now, McLovin'.

Drez
09-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Everyone here needs to realize that our team is not far off from being bad, it took a miracle for us to get into the playoffs last year "everything that was supposed to go right went right for us" towards the end of the season, but if you can't remember the first half of the season when we stunk "remember our secondary was getting torched all year long", and we could not run the ball a lick:lmao:, till our front four on defense got healthy and everything changed. Same with the running game. I honestly can see this being a long year, with a boat load of "it's the end of the world as we know it:lmao: on these boards".
The bottom LINE, and that means both defensive and offensive LINES, if they both fail, then we are done.
Miracle my ***. At no point last season was our destiny in another team's hands. But, if by miracle you mean that we ended up playing to our potential, then I agree.

The first half of the season we went 6-2, iirc. We just sucked the 3rd quarter of the season. And by sucking, I mean we lost 3 relatively close games and got blown out by NO in NO.

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 12:40 AM
I've seen some over the top posts on both ends. No, the season is not over, but to act like everything is ok is just as extreme. The OL that was bad last year is still bad, maybe worse. Their secondary is down to using their 6th string CB and their #1 CB played horrible. Those are some serious issues with this team and they have a very hard schedule. If they did lose to Tampa it could be a huge hole to dig out from.

Toadofsteel
09-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Miracle my ***. At no point last season was our destiny in another team's hands. But, if by miracle you mean that we ended up playing to our potential, then I agree.

The first half of the season we went 6-2, iirc. We just sucked the 3rd quarter of the season. And by sucking, I mean we lost 3 relatively close games and got blown out by NO in NO.

The problem there is that losing by 3 points to a last minute FG by a then 11-0 Green Bay team in week 13 was relatively easy to deal with because we still played our best and only got barely edged out (plus the 38-35 score was reminiscent of losing to a 17-0 Patriots in 2007, and we know how that season ended). This loss is a lot harder not because of the divisional standings, but how distracted the players looked at times. It was more like the redskins loss in week 15, where the players just don't play to what they should be. THAT is what worries me, not the actual loss in and of itself...

Drez
09-10-2012, 12:47 AM
The problem there is that losing by 3 points to a last minute FG by a then 11-0 Green Bay team in week 13 was relatively easy to deal with because we still played our best and only got barely edged out (plus the 38-35 score was reminiscent of losing to a 17-0 Patriots in 2007, and we know how that season ended). This loss is a lot harder not because of the divisional standings, but how distracted the players looked at times. It was more like the redskins loss in week 15, where the players just don't play to what they should be. THAT is what worries me, not the actual loss in and of itself...

That is different than needing a miracle to get in. We controlled our destiny throughout.

Toadofsteel
09-10-2012, 12:54 AM
That is different than needing a miracle to get in. We controlled our destiny throughout.

I'm still praying for a miracle, or at least something to bless our team with the focus it so sorely lacked last week. I'm getting tired of these bombshell games and the schizophrenic personality...

TheEnigma
09-10-2012, 01:25 AM

I'm concerned about our inconsistent offense going up against the Bucs defense. They look pretty good so far and with how long it takes for our offense to get going, it could become an issue. Thankfully, their offense didn't look as good as the Cowboys so there is some hope there for us if our defense can show up. The last thing this team needs to do is drop one to the Bucs and have to head to Carolina 0-2 4 days afterwards.

Rat_bastich
09-10-2012, 02:45 AM
Amazing how one game can make people lose all hope.

I know. Remember how preseason was all about how we were going 16-0 and then a straight run to the Super Bowl and that no one could even come close to beating us? That changed quickly.

The high rollers in week one will eventually come down to earth, except for maybe the 49ers. They are scary good.

FlyingTruck
09-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Week 5? Son, you're in for a long and bumpy ride. To week 16 and beyond!

rainierjef
09-10-2012, 03:07 AM
I know. Remember how preseason was all about how we were going 16-0 and then a straight run to the Super Bowl and that no one could even come close to beating us? That changed quickly.

The high rollers in week one will eventually come down to earth, except for maybe the 49ers. They are scary good.

I think, that's exactly what it is. The highest expectations, meets the grueling outcome of a loss. Falling from the high, of a Super Bowl winning season, with hopes of a 2008 winning record repeat, sucks, to the poster's that started the panic apocalypse. It's kind of like waking up at 8am in the morning, walking to footlocker to buy some Jordan's and seeing a unemployment line out the door. You're going to flip! lol.
Personally what's funny to me, is most of the poster's that started panicking were the new board members. The old heads were on pacifying duty.

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 05:51 AM
The nice thing about message boards is that you don't have to read posts that you don't like, if you don't like what you're reading click on "next thread" I think you'll be much happier.

giantyankee1976
09-10-2012, 08:00 AM

LOL that's funny...no posting til week 5