PDA

View Full Version : The Case for a No Huddle/Pass Heavy Offense

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 12:35 AM
I think it's fairly obvious why we need to be more innovative on offense; no run game (and I mean absolutely no run blocking).

I think it is also fairly obvious our strength on offense is the Eli led aerial attack with Cruz, Nicks, Bennett, Hixon and Co. as the targets.

What happened vs Dallas was the same thing we are all too familiar with from last year. No push or holes for the run game, and we're constantly in 3rd and forevers. Eli and the offense have converted their fair share of those 3rd downs. But at some point, we cannot keep bailing out opposing defenses by wasting two of a possible 3 downs (3 and out) on run plays that net you 2 yards if your lucky (often loss of yards).

Now, the no huddle (not hurry up) is deadly when you have a QB who is great at reading defenses (Eli: Check). Eli should be given the green light to run the no huddle when the defense comes out in a set that Eli can assess and be methodical in attacking. As we saw with Denver, having a QB who can do this actually enhances the run game bc the QB can trap the defense in a set that is not favorable vs whatever mode of attack the QB audibles to.

Another factor for going to the no huddle: for at least the next 5 weeks, we are going to miss Canty. We also do not know how Coe, Prince, Tryon, and Hosely will turn out (although I remain confident and optimistic). This is, imo, with the breakdowns in the backend, going to lead to more high scoring games. This is when failing to get points on a drive is crucial. I know going to the no huddle air attack doesnt guarantee points at all, but if we need to score more points bc we dont know what we're getting from the defense, which style of offense do you think would give us the best chance at scoring the most points? BC imo, it'd be thru a no huddle pass attack.

I'm sure I missed a few points that I had thought of watching Denver, but its just I know Eli can read defenses like his brother. I also know he is deadly at attacking and exploiting holes in defenses. Why not let Eli trap defenses, and why not expand his audible package from the 1 play plus 2 audibles KG sends in to being able to audible into any given play at any given time with the ability to reroute the wr's based on the D. I know Eli can handle the offense almost exactly as Peyton can, but it seems Eli and even for some reason the coaches (they should utilize whatever gives us the best chance at being dominant) feel that the no huddle is only usable in a hurry up situation. Well I would love to see Eli demand a lot more flexibility ( I know he gets a lot already).

And before I'm ragged on, this is just my idea/opinion. I dont think KG has done a bad job and dont think we need to go to this style offense bc of KG, but bc of the OL and questions with the D. And I dont think I know more than the coaches at all...

Toadofsteel
09-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Because Killdrive is too stuffy and old fashioned for all that nonsense...

nycsportzfan
09-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Its so ridiculously obvious how much better this team is when they lean heavily on the pass, its not even funny.. To be honest, it seems the Run game only works when were hitting with the pass and use timely runs, ala GB, NE, NO, and teams like that.. Its gonna be very rare the Giants dont' get what they need passing the majority of say 10offensive plays.. of course u keep defenst honest with some timely runs, but as last yr tells u, we pass better, end of story.. I mean, if finishing last in Rushing and still winning the SB don't tell u that, then i don't know what will???lol

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 12:44 AM
well I think its more that we've had a ton of success with KG's offense. I know theres been rough spots but thats with every team. At this point tho with this OL, I dunno if we can try to huddle, line up, and overpower the DL bc we dont have the guys to do that.
However, we may have a shot at trying to let the OL be more finesse and let Eli outthink the D and put the OL in the best possible situations

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 12:45 AM
DL are much easier to block when they're winded and gassed from the no huddle over a game...

TheEnigma
09-10-2012, 12:50 AM
It's just knowing which teams to run against as well. The Cowboys have always been pretty decent at stopping the run and even now with their additions of Carr and Claiborne, you're better off trying to beat them than Ware, Lee, and that Dline on the ground.

Now against a team like the Panthers or Packers, your success is much better at establishing a ground game due to their lack of talent on the Dline against the run since those teams are more pass oriented on defense. I swear that if we run the ball against the Steelers or Ravens 20+ times and have less than a 4.5 YPA average, I'm going to lose it.

greenca190
09-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Alright. Alright.

For the last eight ****ing years I've been on this board and people have been saying Gilbride throws too much.

WT ****

Eliscruzzz
09-10-2012, 12:54 AM
You know what kills me that Matt Ryan is running the "hurry up offense" and this is his 4th year in the league and I'LL bet Eli can read defenses 100 times better then Ryan and they put up 40 points today.
We have no run game especially with our o-line and KG continues to run the ball in the 1st half most of the time and if the run game doesn't work early the offense gets way outta sync and Eli is constantly in 3rd in long it sucks. You hear the expression let your qb and wr's get into a rhythm with short passes well that's what we need to do with Eli cause it seems when we have Eli start throwing the ball a lot it's the start of the 3rd quarter or we're behind by double digits.All you have to do is go back and look at the GB game in the playoffs they started off right away throwing they put up points then at the end of the game Eli was unstoppable and the run started working so yes I am all for the hurry up offense.
Instead of running a lot in the beginning throw more screens to Bennett and Wilson or if no one open have Eli dumb it off to his check down (Bradshaw) those shorts passes are like runs themselves and will put us in better 3rd down situations. Let me be clear in no way am I saying abandon the run but this is a way to get the run going.

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 12:54 AM
green-for much of those 8 yrs, we had an excellent OL that could dominate the DL...dunno if u've noticed, we cant run worth a ****...

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 12:55 AM
You know what kills me that Matt Ryan is running the "hurry up offense" and this is his 4th year in the league and I'LL bet Eli can read defenses 100 times better then Ryan and they put up 40 points today.
We have no run game especially with our o-line and KG continues to run the ball in the 1st half most of the time and if the run game doesn't work early the offense gets way outta sync and Eli is constantly in 3rd in long it sucks. You hear the expression let your qb and wr's get into a rhythm with short passes well that's what we need to do with Eli cause it seems when we have Eli start throwing the ball a lot it's the start of the 3rd quarter or we're behind by double digits.All you have to do is go back and look at the GB game in the playoffs they started off right away throwing they put up points then at the end of the game Eli was unstoppable and the run started working so yes I am all for the hurry up offense.
Instead of running a lot in the beginning throw more screens to Bennett and Wilson or if no one open have Eli dumb it off to his check down (Bradshaw) those shorts passes are like runs themselves and will put us in better 3rd down situations. Let me clear in no way am I saying abandon the run but this is a way to get the run going.
good post i agree...

Eliscruzzz
09-10-2012, 01:04 AM
well I think its more that we've had a ton of success with KG's offense. I know theres been rough spots but thats with every team. At this point tho with this OL, I dunno if we can try to huddle, line up, and overpower the DL bc we dont have the guys to do that.
However, we may have a shot at trying to let the OL be more finesse and let Eli outthink the D and put the OL in the best possible situationsI never thought of that point Eli would know the o-linemen and how they block best and would put them in the best postition to block Eli's been in the league for eight years and it feels like the still got the rings on him when our best drives usually come in the 2 min hurry up offense.

bbdynasty
09-10-2012, 01:08 AM
it truly is frustrating when we dont play to our strengths... I know the argument is that the run sets up the pass, but thats a two-way street if you ask me, and with the Giants right now, it works the other way

rainierjef
09-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Finally! a post that i can agree with.

Due to the nature of this O-line, it would behoove them to run the no huddle offense. gassing the defense is one way you can look at it, but give the Defense little time to get set in their reads, will give the O-Line the advantage. I agree i believe that Eli knows this offense enough, to audible into anything he wants and make it work; he is also smart enough to get rid of the ball if things break down. this will be a good way to keep the Offense on the field longer, while keeping the opposing offense off the field; eating up the clock should be a main priority for this team while our CB situation finds itself.
Enigma made some good points, knowing which team you should run against is key, and you have to know when to use a different method of setting up your original plan is needed (using the pass to set up the run or vice versa). Personally, I think, we have to stop trying to force what's not working and use a alternative route, then, come back to it.

TheEnigma
09-10-2012, 02:22 AM
It's all about strengths and weaknesses. The Buccaneers have a ton of young talent with speed and power on the defensive side of the ball. We would probably have more success exploiting their lack of experience instead of trying to beat them with multiple runs up the middle. It should be interesting to see what Gilbride does next week. Does he continue with the run game in the 1st half to the same degree he did against the Cowboys or does he rely on Eli and the receivers to outsmart the Buccaneers secondary more?

BuffyBlueII
09-10-2012, 03:27 AM
Ironic that this post is up offerring up a type of solution in regard to our weak rushing game and weakness of offensive line. It is ironic because tonight I witnessed a team with a strong offensive line and a dominant run game go to the no huddle and dismantle the celebrated defense of Pittsburgh Steelers. That team, The Denver Broncos is led by Peyton Manning the brother of our beloved QB.

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 04:41 AM
We had this same discussion last year, don't think we will see much of this. I have to say Peyton knows how to run an offense!

Toadofsteel
09-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Alright. Alright.

For the last eight ****ing years I've been on this board and people have been saying Gilbride throws too much.

WT ****

It used to be that we had an awesome O-line and an inexperienced QB. Now we have an awesome QB and a crap O-line... kind of changes things.

wado1
09-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Alright. Alright.

WT ****

THIS!!! This is the gods honest truth, lol.

BlueSanta
09-10-2012, 08:14 AM
I certainly get tired of always snapping the ball with 1 second on the playclock, as I believe that gives the defense a big advantage.

But, we are already a pass heavy offense. People who think otherwise are not paying attention.

Last week we had 19 rushing attempts and 32 passing attempts.

gumby74
09-10-2012, 08:37 AM
You know that we've been a pass first team for quite a while right? 5+ years in fact. In remember looking it up a while ago and if memory serves me correctly it was something nuts. we passed 60-70% of the time the first 10 plays of the game. And we passed the first play of the game 80% of the time.

BillTheGreek
09-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I certainly get tired of always snapping the ball with 1 second on the playclock, as I believe that gives the defense a big advantage.

But, we are already a pass heavy offense. People who think otherwise are not paying attention.

Last week we had 19 rushing attempts and 32 passing attempts.

You know you have a very good point, Snap the ball Right away ! It has to be better than what we have been doing !

GO GIANTS !

nycsportzfan
09-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Alright. Alright.

WT **** What do u mean? We were like 1st in Rushing one yr i believe in like 2008?

nycsportzfan
09-10-2012, 09:58 AM

Last week we had 19 rushing attempts and 32 passing attempts. Ya but we picked up the pass alot more in the 2nd half.. And our offense became much more productive when we did so.. It was the first half that we ran 4outta 6plays after the Boley pick and our next offensive series after that.. Finally it seemed we were more pass freiendly in the 2nd half.. I agree about the playclock, it definetly gives the defense a huge advantage.. I don't get why we've never been able to get that figured out? Peyton was killing pittsburgh last night by keeping the Pitt D off balance with fast pace..

nycsportzfan
09-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Speaking of Denver, they played brilliant last night because they passed alot and used timely runs.. Shoot they even passed for a score on 1st and goal from the 1.5yrd line.. They got a easy td to Tamme... We definetly would of ran on 2downs leaving us a Must convert 3rd down.. I honestly don't think its possible to hold the giants offense down if they snap the balll a tad quicker and pass like there the Kurt Warner rams... SPread out the offense, get barden on the field with nicks cruz and bennett.. Use 4wr's on occasion.. Put Eli in the Shot gun a bit more often on early downs...etc

As good as we've been over the past few yrs, i actually think this team could be even better..

Snappinnecks
09-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Let's NOT become the Patriots and ONLY be able to throw the ball! We beat them with the pass but lets not forget we also ran the ball! We held them to 50 yards and 60 yards rushing in each of the SuperBowl wins. Now the Patriots are recommitting to the run and building their defense. In essence they are trying to become us. Lets not do them a favor and become them...

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 10:06 AM
I have to agree with this thread.

We should start with a no huddle on offense. Eli is elite when it comes to running the no huddle. We now have the offensive weapons to be deadly on a no huddle, hurry up offense. Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Barden, Bennett, Bradshaw, Wilson... All these guys make Eli better, and Eli makes them all better. We need to get this team moving early. Its funny watching Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, Peyton, Brees all using the no huddle to their advantage. Yet the only time we use the no huddle is when it is 2 minutes lieft in the game and if we are losing.

The only negative we would have with this is the offense would score quicker, making the defense get back on the field quicker and less time to rest. But if they do their job, it shouldnt matter.

Snappinnecks
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
You guys are nuts. When our inability to run shows up again next week against the Bucs and that defense starts to pin their ears back to come after Eli your going to see what a Pass only offense is going to get you....An injured QB and a defense that stays on the field entirely too long!

repeatchamps
09-10-2012, 10:11 AM
You know that we've been a pass first team for quite a while right? 5+ years in fact. In remember looking it up a while ago and if memory serves me correctly it was something nuts. we passed 60-70% of the time the first 10 plays of the game. And we passed the first play of the game 80% of the time.

This is not what the OP's point is. He is saying that the team should go to a no-huddle offense and pass or RUN out of it as Denver does with Peyton and as Peyton did with Indy. You can still have a balanced attack running the no-huddle. You run the no-huddle and Eli will know when to call a run and when to call a pass and have more time to adjust to either or. It keeps the opposing defense much more off balance and quite honestly the best offensive teams in the NFL today all run it. It will help the O-line, lead to more points and give the Giants defense more cushion while they work through some tough circumstances in the secondary.

repeatchamps
09-10-2012, 10:14 AM
You guys are nuts. When our inability to run shows up again next week against the Bucs and that defense starts to pin their ears back to come after Eli your going to see what a Pass only offense is going to get you....An injured QB and a defense that stays on the field entirely too long!

Why is everyone equating the no-huddle to a pass only offense? People have taken the OP's topic of discussion and changed it to mean the Giants should convert to a pass-only offense. You can run a balanced attack out of the no-huddle. The idea here is to give Eli more time to read defenses and decide to run or pass via checks and audibles pre-snap and obviously to also keep the opposing defense off balance and hopefully pile up some points so the Giants defense has more cushion to work with. I have been saying what the OP is saying for 8 seasons. Coaches just don't seem interested in moving in that direction.

ryan12
09-10-2012, 10:29 AM
good post i agree...

i also agree eliscruzzz

Dwinsballgames
09-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Because we only use it during a 2-minute drill, the way we run the no huddle limits us in terms of the plays we can call. For example, our no huddle always features a one-back set with the back up next to the QB. The only running play we can call from that is a draw. For this team to run a no huddle, they would have to change the way they run it. I frankly don't see it happenning. With all the substitutions we do between plays, the no huddle is not likely very high on TC or KGs to-do list.

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
I have to agree with this thread.

We should start with a no huddle on offense. Eli is elite when it comes to running the no huddle. We now have the offensive weapons to be deadly on a no huddle, hurry up offense. Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Barden, Bennett, Bradshaw, Wilson... All these guys make Eli better, and Eli makes them all better. We need to get this team moving early. Its funny watching Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, Peyton, Brees all using the no huddle to their advantage. Yet the only time we use the no huddle is when it is 2 minutes lieft in the game and if we are losing.

The only negative we would have with this is the offense would score quicker, making the defense get back on the field quicker and less time to rest. But if they do their job, it shouldnt matter.I sort of agree with the thread. I think we don't need a hurry up offense but quicker play calling. Eli likes to make audibles etc etc so how about we take a second or two to get the play out so Eli can make adjustments.

Jtuck
09-10-2012, 10:37 AM
I agree with the OP and have been touting that we should do it more often for a long time. In that 2009 playoff game against the eagles, I was screaming during that game we should have used some no huddle/hurry up against the eagles defense. But the coaching staff was oblivious!

Jtuck
09-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Peyton Manning last night orchestrated one of the best no huddle/hurry up I have seen in a while against a top notch defense! He made it look like child's play against the Steelers.

repeatchamps
09-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Because we only use it during a 2-minute drill, the way we run the no huddle limits us in terms of the plays we can call. For example, our no huddle always features a one-back set with the back up next to the QB. The only running play we can call from that is a draw. For this team to run a no huddle, they would have to change the way they run it. I frankly don't see it happenning. With all the substitutions we do between plays, the no huddle is not likely very high on TC or KGs to-do list.

Now this I can agree with as a major hindrance to doing it. You obviously just can't flip a switch and bam you are the Colts at their offensive peak under Peyton Manning. It needs to be practiced & committed to. I'd imagine a scheme change of this magnitude would have to be an offseason maneuver so that it is practiced throughout mini-camp, training camp and preseason so you are all-in with it for the regular season. I don't even know if it is what Eli wants to do as it has to come from him in a demanding manner that the no-huddle is what he wants to run. Everytime he is asked about it by the media he has answered that it is good for a change of pace but is not something he wants to commit to 100% of the time.

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 10:47 AM
I sort of agree with the thread. I think we don't need a hurry up offense but quicker play calling. Eli likes to make audibles etc etc so how about we take a second or two to get the play out so Eli can make adjustments.

Eli being able to read the defense and audible is what makes him so much better at it then the average QB though. You can't take that out. If you huddle, and still have all the options to change the play while reading the defense, you wont get the ball off before 5 seconds on the play clock. Thats why takign the huddle out of the equation saves about 20 seconds. Eli liones the team up at the line, reads the D, audibles and he still would have at least 20 seconds left, instead of the 3 seconds he has now. GIVE ELI THE KEYS. Let him run this high powered offense at the line and make the calls. He has receivers in Nicks, Cruz, Hixon and Barden and then Bradshaw who should all be on the same page with him having been with him for years. Bennett, Randle, and Wilson may need some time though.

bELIeve in the no huddle!

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 10:52 AM
You guys are nuts. When our inability to run shows up again next week against the Bucs and that defense starts to pin their ears back to come after Eli your going to see what a Pass only offense is going to get you....An injured QB and a defense that stays on the field entirely too long!Do you even watch the games?

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Eli being able to read the defense and audible is what makes him so much better at it then the average QB though. You can't take that out. If you huddle, and still have all the options to change the play while reading the defense, you wont get the ball off before 5 seconds on the play clock. Thats why takign the huddle out of the equation saves about 20 seconds. Eli liones the team up at the line, reads the D, audibles and he still would have at least 20 seconds left, instead of the 3 seconds he has now. GIVE ELI THE KEYS. Let him run this high powered offense at the line and make the calls. He has receivers in Nicks, Cruz, Hixon and Barden and then Bradshaw who should all be on the same page with him having been with him for years. Bennett, Randle, and Wilson may need some time though.

bELIeve in the no huddle!No problems here.

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Now this I can agree with as a major hindrance to doing it. You obviously just can't flip a switch and bam you are the Colts at their offensive peak under Peyton Manning. It needs to be practiced & committed to. I'd imagine a scheme change of this magnitude would have to be an offseason maneuver so that it is practiced throughout mini-camp, training camp and preseason so you are all-in with it for the regular season. I don't even know if it is what Eli wants to do as it has to come from him in a demanding manner that the no-huddle is what he wants to run. Everytime he is asked about it by the media he has answered that it is good for a change of pace but is not something he wants to commit to 100% of the time.Well Eli needs to listen to the Rolling Stones. You always can't get what you want. If things do get better with the run, then he may have no choice.

CowboysSuck
09-10-2012, 11:42 AM
After watching Peyton last night, every fan of every team is thinking " Christ, we need to run the no huddle " ... but Peyton only ran it towards the end of the game, it wasn't like a dominant part of their gameplan. Besides, Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning and lets make no mistake about this; Eli is not as good as Peyton.

To be honest though, I would like to see the no huddle thrown in the game just to shake things up. At the LEAST get the dang play calls in quicker. If eli had half the skill that Peyton has reading defenses pre-play like that, then we would be in great shape with early play calls. I dont know. I just hope we see some improvement this weekend. Go Giants

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-10-2012, 11:45 AM
I mean you cannot go no huddle all game because if you fail then your defense is winded fast. It should be utilized in certain moments to strike at key moments in games.

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 11:48 AM
aint nobody said to abandon the run game. what im saying is the way we currently are trying to run the ball, we are bailing out the opposing defenses. The Broncos had a rushing td and over 100 yds even tho they ran a no huddle/pass heavy scheme...when teams come out and can effectively move the ball in a no huddle thru the air, the run game would be much more successful...

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 11:49 AM
After watching Peyton last night, every fan of every team is thinking " Christ, we need to run the no huddle " ... but Peyton only ran it towards the end of the game, it wasn't like a dominant part of their gameplan. Besides, Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning and lets make no mistake about this; Eli is not as good as Peyton.

To be honest though, I would like to see the no huddle thrown in the game just to shake things up. At the LEAST get the dang play calls in quicker. If eli had half the skill that Peyton has reading defenses pre-play like that, then we would be in great shape with early play calls. I dont know. I just hope we see some improvement this weekend. Go Giants
they ran the no huddle most of the night...they scored in 2 plays on one drive bc of it...

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Why is everyone equating the no-huddle to a pass only offense? People have taken the OP's topic of discussion and changed it to mean the Giants should convert to a pass-only offense. You can run a balanced attack out of the no-huddle. The idea here is to give Eli more time to read defenses and decide to run or pass via checks and audibles pre-snap and obviously to also keep the opposing defense off balance and hopefully pile up some points so the Giants defense has more cushion to work with. I have been saying what the OP is saying for 8 seasons. Coaches just don't seem interested in moving in that direction.
and i dont understand why. arent we always one of the highest scoring teams with 2 min left to go in the half or game? we are running the no huddle there...even vs dallas, we ran the no huddle, we scored a nice looking td on a nice looking drive.
i dont get how this isnt priority #1 tbh. Eli is a master of studying defenses and mastering them. You know how unfair it would be to defenses if Eli sees the D in a formation he can exploit, and he were to no huddle and keep that same d on the field...it'd look nearly the same as what Peyton is running imho, bc both understand so well what the d is doing presnap...
and also, as others said more clearly than i, it would also get the plays in quicker, and we could also run the ball when we KNOW it will gain positive yardage bc the D is in a trapped formation and can't sub...

IF the OL continues to look as it does, and our backend on the defense continues to give up tons of passing yards, the ONLY hope MIGHT be to run a no huddle in hopes that the offense can officially just carry everyone...

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 11:55 AM

To be honest though, I would like to see the no huddle thrown in the game just to shake things up. At the LEAST get the dang play calls in quicker. If eli had half the skill that Peyton has reading defenses pre-play like that, then we would be in great shape with early play calls. I dont know. I just hope we see some improvement this weekend. Go GiantsDon't forget that there were offenses like Peyton before he came to the NFL so Eli can run it and still put up a lot of points. Don't forget that Eli had close to 5,000 yards.

CowboysSuck
09-10-2012, 11:57 AM
they ran the no huddle most of the night...they scored in 2 plays on one drive bc of it...

They didn't run the no huddle until the 4th quarter. It seems like they ran it most of the night because the Broncos only had I think it was 1 or 2 plays offensively in the 3rd quarter. Didnt happen until the 4th.

Edit: I wasn't paying attention much during the first half, I thought I heard Peyton say in his interview they started the no huddle because Pittsburgh was eating the clock in 3rd Q and they needed to score quick after that. I could be wrong. Anyone else watch the game and remember when they did the no huddle for an entire drive?

CowboysSuck
09-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Don't forget that there were offenses like Peyton before he came to the NFL so Eli can run it and still put up a lot of points. Don't forget that Eli had close to 5,000 yards.

Oh, I am not forgetting. I'm one of the biggest Eli homers I know. But he is no Peyton, lets just be honest about some things.

repeatchamps
09-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Well Eli needs to listen to the Rolling Stones. You always can't get what you want. If things do get better with the run, then he may have no choice.

Here's the thing though who other than Eli has the clout to convince the coaches to go to a no-huddle direction offensively or any scheme for that matter? Jerry Reese? John Mara? My point here is that Eli is on the same page as the coaching staff. All parties feel the same way about the no-huddle. Good change of pace but not the philosophy 100% of the time. Gilbride, Manning and Coughlin at one time or another have all been quoted as saying the latter.

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 12:02 PM
They didn't run the no huddle until the 4th quarter. It seems like they ran it most of the night because the Broncos only had I think it was 1 or 2 plays offensively in the 3rd quarter. Didnt happen until the 4th.

Edit: I wasn't paying attention much during the first half, I thought I heard Peyton say in his interview they started the no huddle because Pittsburgh was eating the clock in 3rd Q and they needed to score quick after that. I could be wrong. Anyone else watch the game and remember when they did the no huddle for an entire drive?
they ran the no huddle most of the night. i know, i watched the game...that doesnt mean hurry up either. and of course on incompletes and stoppages of play you are gonna huddle, but when they could, they did.

GameTime
09-10-2012, 12:14 PM
what if the Giants have a good balanced game vs the Bucs and come out with a win...
what will you all be crying about next week??...

All these armchair OCs are amusing...I'll give you that....

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
When I looked at Denver's offense, and then looked at ours it seemed we were playing a different game altogether, with dfferent rules......we need to develop a 2012 offene (fast)

jakegibbs
09-10-2012, 01:28 PM
I think it's fairly obvious why we need to be more innovative on offense; no run game (and I mean absolutely no run blocking).

I think it is also fairly obvious our strength on offense is the Eli led aerial attack with Cruz, Nicks, Bennett, Hixon and Co. as the targets.

What happened vs Dallas was the same thing we are all too familiar with from last year. No push or holes for the run game, and we're constantly in 3rd and forevers. Eli and the offense have converted their fair share of those 3rd downs. But at some point, we cannot keep bailing out opposing defenses by wasting two of a possible 3 downs (3 and out) on run plays that net you 2 yards if your lucky (often loss of yards).

Now, the no huddle (not hurry up) is deadly when you have a QB who is great at reading defenses (Eli: Check). Eli should be given the green light to run the no huddle when the defense comes out in a set that Eli can assess and be methodical in attacking. As we saw with Denver, having a QB who can do this actually enhances the run game bc the QB can trap the defense in a set that is not favorable vs whatever mode of attack the QB audibles to.

Another factor for going to the no huddle: for at least the next 5 weeks, we are going to miss Canty. We also do not know how Coe, Prince, Tryon, and Hosely will turn out (although I remain confident and optimistic). This is, imo, with the breakdowns in the backend, going to lead to more high scoring games. This is when failing to get points on a drive is crucial. I know going to the no huddle air attack doesnt guarantee points at all, but if we need to score more points bc we dont know what we're getting from the defense, which style of offense do you think would give us the best chance at scoring the most points? BC imo, it'd be thru a no huddle pass attack.

I'm sure I missed a few points that I had thought of watching Denver, but its just I know Eli can read defenses like his brother. I also know he is deadly at attacking and exploiting holes in defenses. Why not let Eli trap defenses, and why not expand his audible package from the 1 play plus 2 audibles KG sends in to being able to audible into any given play at any given time with the ability to reroute the wr's based on the D. I know Eli can handle the offense almost exactly as Peyton can, but it seems Eli and even for some reason the coaches (they should utilize whatever gives us the best chance at being dominant) feel that the no huddle is only usable in a hurry up situation. Well I would love to see Eli demand a lot more flexibility ( I know he gets a lot already).

And before I'm ragged on, this is just my idea/opinion. I dont think KG has done a bad job and dont think we need to go to this style offense bc of KG, but bc of the OL and questions with the D. And I dont think I know more than the coaches at all...

Sign me up... Im ALL IN.. but it wont happen that's a fact.

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Sign me up... Im ALL IN.. but it wont happen that's a fact.

It will happen if Coughlin's job is in question.......it seems that's the gating factor on all Giant's "Sea changes"

eastbayblue
09-10-2012, 02:00 PM
As much as I agree, you know nothing is going to change, right?

Roosevelt
09-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Dallas certainly played like they knew exactly what we were going to do. I would have loved to see some creativity to try to help out our run game.

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 03:17 PM
what if the Giants have a good balanced game vs the Bucs and come out with a win...

All these armchair OCs are amusing...I'll give you that....Now you know me if you read most of my posts. I still will say we pass the ball more than we run it. When we do run the ball, we do it here and there about one out of 5 or 7 times we pass the ball.

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 03:20 PM
As much as I agree, you know nothing is going to change, right?

i dunno if thats true. i could see why we wouldnt in the past, we had an OL capable of running the ball in a traditional offense. Even last year, the OL wasnt as in doubt as it is right now. IF, and I still hold out hope that Beatty playing LT, and Lockler at RT, and however the interior is put together after that, can get the job done. but IF they can't, and IF the OL play is what we saw vs Dallas for a majority of the season, I cannot see how TC and KG wouldnt change things up. They know way more than any of us. ANd I think that they have to be aware of the issues we may face as a team if the OL flat sucks and the pass defense cant stop anyone...TC changed before when the old way wasnt working, with his whole personal approach to the players. I HAVE to believe they would change things up on offense if things continue as is...

EDIT-Cowboys suck: Denver didnt run the no huddle for 3 of their drives and 47 total yards. they ran the no huddle for the rest of the game and the 300 plus yards...I think Denver is an example of what would happen with us. Like us, Denver tried going the traditional huddle offense with Peyton (a QB capable of the no huddle), what happened? no first downs (maybe 1 IIRC) and trailing. When they went no huddle, they PICKED APART PITTSBURGS DEFENSE...whether we do the no huddle or not, no one will convince me Eli cant run the no huddle almost if not as well as Peyton...

AND denver has a capable OL of executing in the no huddle or in a huddle offense. they go to the no huddle to exploit defenses, not out of necessity. we MAY HAVE TO go to the no huddle out of necessity bc of our OL

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 03:31 PM

All these armchair OCs are amusing...I'll give you that....
so if we win the OL suddenly isn't an area of concern? i dunno if u were able to grasp the concept like everyone else did. I am proposing that the lack of decent OL play and IF the secondary cannot stop the pass, we may have to out of necessity go to a no huddle concept to try to outscore opponents. im all for running the offense however KG and TC see fit, but I have to believe that even they are contemplating plan b's and c's in case the OL situation/secondary does not improve.
and the whoole "armchair OC's are amusing" comment, imo, comes off as somebody who feels better than others. and when others present an idea that the person may not have had, that person has to put down those people to feel better about himself. so spare me the "armchair OC" bs bc all thats going on is discussing a different offensive strategy...

jax5338
09-10-2012, 04:14 PM
my gripe with the giants over the years has been the fact that they pass to get down the enitre field just shredding the defense. then in the red zone they try two consecutive, poorly executed runs on 1st and 2nd downs which is then followed by an incomplete pass on 3rd and long or 3rd and goal from like the 12 becaue one of the runs there was a holding penalty or a false start. then they kick a FG. it drives me nuts!

they almost try "too hard" to be balanced sometimes. obviously they shouldn't become one dimensional, but just as obivous is the fact we have a poor run game and a dangerous passing game, so if it is working, stick with it until they can stop it, but keep throwing in some runs to keep them off balance.

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 04:39 PM
my gripe with the giants over the years has been the fact that they pass to get down the enitre field just shredding the defense. then in the red zone they try two consecutive, poorly executed runs on 1st and 2nd downs which is then followed by an incomplete pass on 3rd and long or 3rd and goal from like the 12 becaue one of the runs there was a holding penalty or a false start. then they kick a FG. it drives me nuts!

they almost try "too hard" to be balanced sometimes. obviously they shouldn't become one dimensional, but just as obivous is the fact we have a poor run game and a dangerous passing game, so if it is working, stick with it until they can stop it, but keep throwing in some runs to keep them off balance.
great point jax. i forgot to address that issue as well. i mean, we all know our run game was ranked last...but we put up a ton of yards. im curious to the % of failed redzone TD's and its correlation to whether we ran on 1rst and 2nd...i cant tell u the last time we ran a PA out of the goalline formation...maybe 2010 @ philly?
if we're moving the ball thru the air, and cant move it on the ground, that wont change when we're in goal line situations...

FBomb
09-10-2012, 04:44 PM

You shouldn't get "ragged on" at all!! I've been saying it for a couple of years "Eli is a gunslinger" and they need him to take a more Peyton-esk approach to this offense. We have the weapons.

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 04:46 PM
You shouldn't get "ragged on" at all!! I've been saying it for a couple of years "Eli is a gunslinger" and they need him to take a more Peyton-esk approach to this offense. We have the weapons.I love you man.

jax5338
09-10-2012, 04:51 PM
great point jax. i forgot to address that issue as well. i mean, we all know our run game was ranked last...but we put up a ton of yards. im curious to the % of failed redzone TD's and its correlation to whether we ran on 1rst and 2nd...i cant tell u the last time we ran a PA out of the goalline formation...maybe 2010 @ philly?
if we're moving the ball thru the air, and cant move it on the ground, that wont change when we're in goal line situations...

im hoping that failed drive after boley's pick helped the coaching staff realize that. hopefully they realize that we have guys like bennett and hynoski (showed he has receiving skill latter part of last season) who can be utilized down there when they are boxing up nicks and cruz. hell, i'd even say throw barden in there if only as a decoy they have to account for,

when was the last time the giants ran a PA on the goalline and just threw swing pass to the RB out in the flat for a TD? seems like never. some teams do that every week and it works so easily. idk why they never even try it, it is a very effective play for a lot of teams throughout their seasons. we are at the point now where i am more comfortable when the giants are in a stiuation with 4 or 5 yards to go instead of 1 or 2 because i know they are so keen on having some kind of power run game that they will just pound it. it kills me because the offense stalls all the tiem from this stuff after they were just rolling right along.

burier
09-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Truth is we need to be able to run the ball in the NFC east.

Last season we had an uncharacteristically mild winter, we can't assume that will repeat itself. I agree with Eli though, sometimes you can use the pass to set up the run.

One of the things that really gets on my nerves about Gilbride is that when the run game isn't working and the pass protection is breaking down we still have Eli sitting back there throwing the ball vertically resulting and uncessary sacks and hits on the QB. When we can't block a team we need to counter that with SHORT, HIGH PERCENTAGE passing. This frustrates the pass rush and forces the defense out of that Cover 2 shell allowing us to then hit the big plays we're always looking for.

Sometimes it looks like we don't even have quick slants in our playbook. I think we attempted and executed perfectly ONE back shoulder fade all game.

So I don't think answer is to become pass happy. We do need to get away from the run when its clear we cant block it...and when we pass we have to go to more high percentage passing.

shockeyisjesus
09-10-2012, 05:03 PM
It's complete insanity that we continue to try and run the ball 30 times a game with our offensive line and a gimpy Ahmad Bradshaw. If Wilson can't keep a hold of the ball, we absolutely HAVE to go no huddle/hurry up.

Everyone BUT Gilbride knows it is when Eli is at his best. Or maybe Coughlin just won't let him install it because he wants to win time of possession?

Regardless, something is going to have to be done eventually. If we run up against the 49ers again (if we somehow manage to luck into a playoff spot this year) we better not count on getting 2 fumbled punt returns. Uptempo offense is the answer and always has been.

Let's just hope our coaches are smart enough to realize it before it is too late this season.

G-MENBK
09-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Everyone BUT Gilbride knows it is when Eli is at his best. Or maybe Coughlin just won't let him install it because he wants to win time of possession?

That could be, but I think it's better if we first put points on the board and then worry about time of possession. Like other posters have said, I too am getting sick and tired of having to see this team always attempting a comeback in the 4th quarter.

BigBlueAllDay
09-10-2012, 05:43 PM
If the Giants are going to be pass-heavy, I'd like to see Barden and R. Randle out there on the field too. Hixon didn't do much against the cowboys.

Eliscruzzz
09-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Let's NOT become the Patriots and ONLY be able to throw the ball! We beat them with the pass but lets not forget we also ran the ball! We held them to 50 yards and 60 yards rushing in each of the SuperBowl wins. Now the Patriots are recommitting to the run and building their defense. In essence they are trying to become us. Lets not do them a favor and become them...Lol the Patriots run the ball VERY well cause they open it up with the pass so.....

jomo
09-10-2012, 05:51 PM
The goal is neither to run nor pass. The goal is to win. With our OL situation being what it is, we will have to pass quite a bit just like last year in order to put up points. That passing will set up an improved (however slight) running game.

Eliscruzzz
09-10-2012, 06:02 PM

All these armchair OCs are amusing...I'll give you that....no one is crying about anything just that the should start of throwing the ball and that will lead to a balance attack. That's like saying if the run the ball most of the 1st half and only have 20 yards to show it like on Wednesday you won't be calling for them to pass. People need to get over it Giants are not a smash mouth team anymore they have to start games throwing and not put Eli in the worst sitituations every week it's getting ridiculous.

njsean
09-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Ravens trusting Joe Flacco with the no huddle. Love it.

Eliscruzzz
09-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Ravens trusting Joe Flacco with the no huddle. Love it.I know it's a slap in the face to Eli ...in my eyes. Joe freaking Flacco is running the no huddle and calling his own plays 17-0 Ravens with the whole 2nd quarter left and there are actually fans that don't like this idea for a 8 year elite qb in his prime... why I have no idea let Eli free!!!!!

G.I. Ants
09-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I know it's a slap in the face to Eli ...in my eyes. Joe freaking Flacco is running the no huddle and calling his own plays 17-0 Ravens with the whole 2nd quarter left and there are actually fans that don't like this idea for a 8 year elite qb in his prime... why I have no idea let Eli free!!!!!I love how tired the Ravens defense looked at the start of the 3rd quarter. No huddle/pass heavy is great when it s necessary, the Giants will continue to use the offensive strategy that helped them win superbowls.

Eliscruzzz
09-10-2012, 09:38 PM
I love how tired the Ravens defense looked at the start of the 3rd quarter. No huddle/pass heavy is great when it s necessary, the Giants will continue to use the offensive strategy that helped them win superbowls.what you have no idea what your talking about 13 points into the 3rd quarter watch the game 1st before you say something so stupid really man. And last year is last year you gotta try something different with the o-line we have. Wow 2 TO by the Ravens and they look tired???? How stupid do you feel now? Also this is a defense that way older then the Giants D.

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 09:41 PM

It probably would have been fine if they were "well executed" running plays.

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 09:45 PM
I know it's a slap in the face to Eli ...in my eyes. Joe freaking Flacco is running the no huddle and calling his own plays 17-0 Ravens with the whole 2nd quarter left and there are actually fans that don't like this idea for a 8 year elite qb in his prime... why I have no idea let Eli free!!!!!
Thats rediculous. The coaching staff would have every confidence in Eli to run a no huddle. I have to assume that the scheme we play on offense makes it very difficult to run it. It would limit our options. Thats what the no huddle does. Its very limiting.
Personally I have no problem if we run the no huddle, but the scheme has to change. In other words, it seems to me that we just aren't set up to run it.
But you would have to be blind to suggest that our coaches wouldn't "trust" Eli to run it, if we had an offense like that in place.

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I love how tired the Ravens defense looked at the start of the 3rd quarter. No huddle/pass heavy is great when it s necessary, the Giants will continue to use the offensive strategy that helped them win superbowls.You need to study the game more my friend cause what you have said is nothing but bull.

TheEnigma
09-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Lots of defensive backs are getting injured and even Joe Haden will be suspended when we face the Browns. Brent Grimes will be out for the season with an ACL injury so there's two elite CB's we won't have to deal with. At least in those match ups, we should open up the pass more.

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Thats rediculous. The coaching staff would have every confidence in Eli to run a no huddle. I have to assume that the scheme we play on offense makes it very difficult to run it. It would limit our options. Thats what the no huddle does. Its very limiting.
Personally I have no problem if we run the no huddle, but the scheme has to change. In other words, it seems to me that we just aren't set up to run it.
But you would have to be blind to suggest that our coaches wouldn't "trust" Eli to run it, if we had an offense like that in place.Huh? Giants run the no huddle a lot and have success.

Eliscruzzz
09-10-2012, 09:52 PM
But you would have to be blind to suggest that our coaches wouldn't "trust" Eli to run it, if we had an offense like that in place.Ok in the no huddle offense KG can still call in the plays, so you really don't have to change the entire offense to do this and if Eli feels that he can audible into a better play he can. He does it all the time in the two min. offense doesn't he??? So this notion that the scheme has to change is false , you just keep the plays that he can audible into and call the play from the sideline while keeping the same defense on the field you don't have to rush it's just so you can dictate the pace that's all.Oh yeah I don't know where I said that the coaches didn't trust Eli so you must not be able to read or your blind yourself I'm saying just let the guy do it.

Eliscruzzz
09-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Huh? Giants run the no huddle a lot and have success. He's probably just stuck in the fact that we won two SB with KG's offense.

Eliscruzzz
09-10-2012, 09:54 PM
You need to study the game more my friend cause what you have said is nothing but bull.Right I was lmao so hard when he said that.

nycsportzfan
09-10-2012, 10:40 PM
But you would have to be blind to suggest that our coaches wouldn't "trust" Eli to run it, if we had an offense like that in place. i don't know about limited. They got just about everyone involved.. Pitta was making catches, as was ****son, and jones, and bolding, and torrey smith, and bernard pierce, and ray rice and vonta leach..etc They were using timely runs to perfection..etc Litteraly everyone got involved and they just simply could not be stopped against a good defense..

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 10:40 PM

it feels like the chance it will be well executed, on any power run situation, is very very minimal. i cant remember when we converted those consistently

jax5338
09-10-2012, 11:09 PM

my point is, lately a large percentage of our running plays are poorly executed. even if it looks like a potentially good playcall the blocking stinks, essentially making it a bad playcall when it keeps happening a good deal of the time.

dmighty326
09-10-2012, 11:12 PM

I agree 100%. Case and point, Peyton Manning VS the the steelers. They ran no huddle and he called the plays at the line, modified protection etc.. and dominanted. You can factor in the run with draws, screens or a standard run out of the no huddle.

dmighty326
09-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Because Killdrive is too stuffy and old fashioned for all that nonsense...

Every year we say this but we have won two super bowls with his offense. However, throughout the weekend, I see other teams offenses so diverse.
The formations, the shifting, man in motion, reverses, screens, etc.. I just doesn't seem like we have any of that in our offense. We have some explosive offensive talent but we just dont take advantage of all their attributes. Lets get cruz in a reverse, or Wilson in a several screens but camouflaged.
This offense needs to evolve!!

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 11:58 PM
i also want to address what flacco said when asked how the no huddle that they are now running as their primary offense helps? Flaccos responsded that the OL will tell you it really helps them out a whole lot. both in run and pass blocking.
when you run the no huddle, you are helping the OL out bc when your trapping the d on the field, your also wearing them out as well as having an understanding of what theyre gonna be doing on that play. It also gets them on their heels and really lets the OL and offense dictate the pace, not the D...

if anyone watches the highlites of the ravens game, keep an eye out for the post game on field interview with flacco.

G.I. Ants
09-11-2012, 01:47 AM
I was criticized about my post earlier and I stand firm by my statement. The Giants do not need to run a no huddle offense unless it is necessary.

nycsportzfan
09-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Every year we say this but we have won two super bowls with his offense. However, throughout the weekend, I see other teams offenses so diverse.
The formations, the shifting, man in motion, reverses, screens, etc.. I just doesn't seem like we have any of that in our offense. We have some explosive offensive talent but we just dont take advantage of all their attributes. Lets get cruz in a reverse, or Wilson in a several screens but camouflaged.
This offense needs to evolve!! No, we've won 2sbs with a incredible pass rush and our QB taking control once the postseason starts.. We barley snuck into the postseason last yr, and it wasen't much diffrent in 2007.. I honestly believe with a better OC, we've of been even better over the past 5yrs.. At least in the Regular Season..

Hooligans
09-11-2012, 07:59 AM

Please remember when you go into a no huddle offense, your offensive linemen get worn out quickly too. The Giants offensive line already can't protect Eli.....just think how bad it could be if they are also very tired on the field.

Snappinnecks
09-11-2012, 08:25 AM
No, we've won 2sbs with a incredible pass rush and our QB taking control once the postseason starts.. We barley snuck into the postseason last yr, and it wasen't much diffrent in 2007.. I honestly believe with a better OC, we've of been even better over the past 5yrs.. At least in the Regular Season..

What? Dude...You do realize we WON TWO SUPER BOWLS in the past five years don't you? Gilbride is not the problem....it's the offensive line. I've said it once and I'll say it again. If I told you there was an NFL team that had not drafted or developed an offensive lineman in 8 YEARS that starts on their offensive line...What kind of shape do you think that offensive line would be in right now?? Well you guessed it. I'm talking about the New York Football Giants. Snee is the last guy we either drafted or developed in the PAST FREAKING 8 YEARS!!! Is it any great mystery why our offensive line sucks??

Diamondring
09-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Please remember when you go into a no huddle offense, your offensive linemen get worn out quickly too. The Giants offensive line already can't protect Eli.....just think how bad it could be if they are also very tired on the field.No it won't cause the no huddle is made to tire the D-line.

OX1
09-11-2012, 08:36 AM
It will happen if Coughlin's job is in question

Well, thats not happening for at least 2 years, no matter what the record.

OX1
09-11-2012, 08:42 AM
What? Dude...You do realize we WON TWO SUPER BOWLS in the past five years don't you? Gilbride is not the problem....it's the offensive line. I've said it once and I'll say it again. If I told you there was an NFL team that had not drafted or developed an offensive lineman in 8 YEARS that starts on their offensive line...What kind of shape do you think that offensive line would be in right now?? Well you guessed it. I'm talking about the New York Football Giants. Snee is the last guy we either drafted or developed in the PAST FREAKING 8 YEARS!!! Is it any great mystery why our offensive line sucks??

and since he knew he was stuck with that situation even before the season started, lets not try any adjustments to help out the situation.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Huh? Giants run the no huddle a lot and have success.
We do NOT run a no huddle offense. Like every team we have a hurry up offense package when we need to save time.
But my post was a reaction to someone who said that its a "slap in the face" of Eli that we don't run a no huddle. I said that our coaching staff has every confidence in Eli in basically every situation.
How you came to respond in the way you did is mystifying.

eldee
09-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Man you read my mind!!!!!! We need this like yesterday

Toadofsteel
09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
We do NOT run a no huddle offense. Like every team we have a hurry up offense package when we need to save time.
But my post was a reaction to someone who said that its a "slap in the face" of Eli that we don't run a no huddle. I said that our coaching staff has every confidence in Eli in basically every situation.
How you came to respond in the way you did is mystifying.

I have every confidence in Eli playing to his best no matter how banged up he gets.

I have ZERO confidence in our o-line, as well as our playcalling. I'm not saying go no-huddle, I'm only saying switch up the plays. Don't do run-run-pass every series...

giantsfan420
09-11-2012, 09:50 AM

KG is not the reason we want to see the no huddle, the OL is. Watch Flaccos on field postgame interview. he explains how the no huddle helps the OL out tremendously...

NYG 5
09-11-2012, 10:18 AM
aside from a fatigue standpoint, if you run the k-gun, the defense doesn't have time to really set up. so you see more vanilla defense, more chances for blown coverage, I think it could be very effective against teams like the eagles, who historically have done nothing but line up and tee off on the offensive line the past 4 years.

also, seeing as how the team has a legit TE now, and a fullback who showed some athleticism last season, i think coming out in run formations and shifting into passing formations could be productive and even give the gun game some balance out of the same formations.

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 12:27 PM
How you came to respond in the way you did is mystifying.Once again Morehead where did I say the coaching staff didn't trust Eli? Please stop putting words in my mouth I simply said let the guy loose and let him dictate the pace of the game.... don't know if you notice Eli is fully cable of doing this and the coaching staff is stubborn in their way of running the offense when other teams with less talented and smart qbs run the no huddle and are putting 40 points up a game to me that is holding Eli back. You just like to be start stuff with people I get it.

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 01:08 PM
What? Dude...You do realize we WON TWO SUPER BOWLS in the past five years don't you? Gilbride is not the problem....it's the offensive line. I've said it once and I'll say it again. If I told you there was an NFL team that had not drafted or developed an offensive lineman in 8 YEARS that starts on their offensive line...What kind of shape do you think that offensive line would be in right now?? Well you guessed it. I'm talking about the New York Football Giants. Snee is the last guy we either drafted or developed in the PAST FREAKING 8 YEARS!!! Is it any great mystery why our offensive line sucks?? Where were the stud linemen in this years draft??? Also it was just 3 years ago we had a very cable o-line Then JR has drafted linemen but in later rounds hoping that they will get better so let's see how things pan out. If JR drafted an o-limen instead of drafting JPP and you saw him beasting on another team you would be highly upset that the Giants didn't pick him... my point it's easy to say this in hindsight. You cannot hit on every draft pick no GM is cable of doing that.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Once again Morehead where did I say the coaching staff didn't trust Eli? Please stop putting words in my mouth I simply said let the guy loose and let him dictate the pace of the game.... don't know if you notice Eli is fully cable of doing this and the coaching staff is stubborn in their way of running the offense when other teams with less talented and smart qbs run the no huddle and are putting 40 points up a game to me that is holding Eli back. You just like to be start stuff with people I get it.
"I know its a slap in the face to Eli"
Did you or did you not say that at 8:02 last night. And it was in agreement with another poister who said that the Ravens were trusting Flacco with the no huddle.
Who is slapping Eli in the face if not the coaching staff?

Own your words my friend.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I have every confidence in Eli playing to his best no matter how banged up he gets.

I have ZERO confidence in our o-line, as well as our playcalling. I'm not saying go no-huddle, I'm only saying switch up the plays. Don't do run-run-pass every series...
You can't hide a bad O line with the no huddle. The Ravens have a great O line. The Colts with Peyton also had a great O line.

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 02:23 PM
"I know its a slap in the face to Eli"
Did you or did you not say that at 8:02 last night. And it was in agreement with another poister who said that the Ravens were trusting Flacco with the no huddle.
Who is slapping Eli in the face if not the coaching staff?

Own your words my friend. Once more time.... how is " I know it's a slap in the face to Eli" is saying they don't trust him???? Please explain. I said it was a slap in the face because they are STUBBORN IN THE WAY KG RUNS THE OFFENSE. That means he wants to do things his way and not play to our STRENGTHS which is ELI and the WR's in the no huddle which is usually when we put up points. So if you can't understand that then I guess you never will but hey Morehead knows all doesn't he, you know exactly what I was trying to say. Once more time....if the coaching staff doesn't let Eli run the no huddle offense is just because they are STUBBORN, that is a big difference from not trusting Eli which you continue to say that I said even though I never said that.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Once more time.... how is " I know it's a slap in the face to Eli" is saying they don't trust him???? Please explain. I said it was a slap in the face because they are STUBBORN IN THE WAY KG RUNS THE OFFENSE. That means he wants to do things his way and not play to our STRENGTHS which is ELI and the WR's in the no huddle which is usually when we put up points. So if you can't understand that then I guess you never will but hey Morehead knows all doesn't he, you know exactly what I was trying to say. Once more time....if the coaching staff doesn't let Eli run the no huddle offense is just because they are STUBBORN, that is a big difference from not trusting Eli which you continue to say that I said even though I never said that.

Nice try. I guess it depends what the meaning of the word "is" is.

Of course there is always the possibility that you don't understand the meaning of the term "slap in the face". Is that even possible? In case you don't, it means its a personal insult.

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Nice try. I guess it depends what the meaning of the word "is" is.

Of course there is always the possibility that you don't understand the meaning of the term "slap in the face". Is that even possible? In case you don't, it means its a personal insult. Your an idiot really it is a slap in the face to Eli cause I'm sure Eli is ten times better at reading defenses then Flacco is.... in no way does that mean the coaches don't trust Eli which I still haven't said and your ignorance is starting to annoy me. I have said many of times KG is stubborn and will not change cause of his ego not cause he doesn't trust Eli.

Dwinsballgames
09-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Your an idiot really it is a slap in the face to Eli cause I'm sure Eli is ten times better at reading defenses then Flacco is.... in no way does that mean the coaches don't trust Eli which I still haven't said and your ignorance is starting to annoy me. I have said many of times KG is stubborn and will not change cause of his ego not cause he doesn't trust Eli.

I'm sorry, I (for one) still don't understand why you say it is a slap in the face to Eli. Not using the no huddle has to do with TC's coaching philosophy and nothing to do with who is behind center. Why should Eli feel insulted? Don't you think he knows that?

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Your an idiot really it is a slap in the face to Eli cause I'm sure Eli is ten times better at reading defenses then Flacco is.... in no way does that mean the coaches don't trust Eli which I still haven't said and your ignorance is starting to annoy me. I have said many of times KG is stubborn and will not change cause of his ego not cause he doesn't trust Eli.
Hahaha!!!
Now I know I've won this argument.

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm sorry, I (for one) still don't understand why you say it is a slap in the face to Eli. Not using the no huddle has to do with TC's coaching philosophy and nothing to do with who is behind center. Why should Eli feel insulted? Don't you think he knows that?It's a slap in the face cause Joe Flacco is putting up 40 in the no huddle ( who has been in the league for only 4 years) when Eli should be doing the same thing but the coaches are to stubborn to realize that he thrives and has his best drives in the no huddle to change their offensive gameplan that's why it's a slap in the face.

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Hahaha!!!
Now I know I've won this argument.Yep Morehead you won??? Seriously get a life instead of trying to piss people off on a MB it's a pretty low standard to have for yourself. Your almost like an Eagles fan, one could say.... you are worse.

Dwinsballgames
09-11-2012, 03:05 PM
It's a slap in the face cause Joe Flacco is putting up 40 in the no huddle ( who has been in the league for only 4 years) when Eli should be doing the same thing but the coaches are to stubborn to realize that he thrives and has his best drives in the no huddle to change their offensive gameplan that's why it's a slap in the face.

You mean that you think it is a waste of Eli's talent, like missed opportunity for him to thrive in a no-huddle situation. But it's not a personal insult to him by the coaching staff. The latter is what most people would equate with a slap in the face. I have no idea if Eli even would want to run the no huddle. He may very well share TC's philosophy on only using the no-huddle when battling the clock (like they do now). Anyway, do you think it could be possible that when you say slap in the face, you really mean something a bit different?

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 03:14 PM
You mean that you think it is a waste of Eli's talent, like missed opportunity for him to thrive in a no-huddle situation. But it's not a personal insult to him by the coaching staff. The latter is what most people would equate with a slap in the face. I have no idea if Eli even would want to run the no huddle. He may very well share TC's philosophy on only using the no-huddle when battling the clock (like they do now). Anyway, do you think it could be possible that when you say slap in the face, you really mean something a bit different?Exactly I think Eli can be way more productive in the no huddle and in a way it is kinda of a waste of his talents, It's not saying the coaching staff doesn't trust him, it's that they could be so much more productive on offense, but I know this won't happen, not because the coaching staff doesn't trust Eli it's because they won 2 SB's this way and will not change it, but you cannot continue to put Eli in these come from behind win sitituations we already know he can't do that but instead of letting our running game dictate the pace let Eli do it with his smarts and his arm.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Yep Morehead you won??? Seriously get a life instead of trying to piss people off on a MB it's a pretty low standard to have for yourself. Your almost like an Eagles fan, one could say.... you are worse.
keep digging.

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 03:45 PM
keep digging.now ignoring the loser...who is lower then any Eagle, Cowboy, or Redskin fan I ever meet, I should've expected this from someone that lives in Boston.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 03:47 PM
now ignoring the loser...who is lower then any Eagle, Cowboy, or Redskin fan I ever meet, I should've expected this from someone that lives in Boston.
I live 100 miles from Boston.
Now we've established two things you suck at.

1. Understanding the meaning of phrases.
2. Geography

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 03:52 PM
What?? can't see what your saying Morehead but it's probably something moronic so now I will refer to you as moronic Morehead State.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 03:54 PM
What?? can't see what your saying Morehead but it's probably something moronic so now I will refer to you as moronic Morehead State.
The only thing missing now is your stomping your feet and holding your breath.

giantsfan420
09-11-2012, 03:57 PM
i have him ignored too but its tough not to click "view post" bc of entertainment like this lol

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 03:59 PM
i have him ignored too but its tough not to click "view post" bc of entertainment like this lol
Reading my posts is like looking into the sun.
You just HAVE TO!!!!!!

BTW...You have to get your *** to the Browns game Oct. 8th. I must meet you.

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 04:05 PM
i have him ignored too but its tough not to click "view post" bc of entertainment like this lolLOL it is funny cause this whole thing started cause instead of asking what I meant he just assumed he knew what I meant. Sometimes you just have to block the children on this board out. He actually challenged me to a fight once when he knows that I am 500 miles away. He's the definition of " keyboard warrior."

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 04:11 PM
LOL it is funny cause this whole thing started cause instead of asking what I meant he just assumed he knew what I meant. Sometimes you just have to block the children on this board out. He actually challenged me to a fight once when he knows that I am 500 miles away. He's the definition of " keyboard warrior."
Ha! You called me a punk and I am the keyboard warrior here?
That shovel is getting heavy son.

bandwgn86
09-11-2012, 04:20 PM
never thought i'd live to hear myself say "we should pass more" but we should.. GWAT was right :(

bandwgn86
09-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Ha! You called me a punk and I am the keyboard warrior here?
That shovel is getting heavy son.play nice with the other posters MH...

appodictic
09-12-2012, 01:27 AM
It is a decent argument but I do not agree. How have we won our SB's clock control and defence. I think the defence will come around, and we should keep with the formula, otherwise we are just trying to be the packers.

BurnerNYG
09-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Reading my posts is like looking into the sun.
You just HAVE TO!!!!!!

BTW...You have to get your *** to the Browns game Oct. 8th. I must meet you.I'll be at the Cleveland game... I would like to meet a few of you guys.

giantsfan420
09-12-2012, 02:00 AM
well looks like i gtg tix now...hopefully that dude who hooked me up before from the boards aint going to that game

GMENAGAIN
09-12-2012, 07:13 AM

Why don't you do what you usually do and report him for being mean?

The MB Snitch . . . . .

bigblue58
09-12-2012, 07:52 AM

Hell....we can't even get Coughlin to throw in a damned flea flicker from time to time, and you think they're going to suddenly switch to a F/T no huddle Offense? What team and coach have you been watching the last 8 years dude! Eli threw for almost 5k last season........thats not pass heavy enough for you? You know any QB throwing for 7 or 8k? what exactly is your criteria for being "pass heavy"?

Drez
09-12-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm sorry, I (for one) still don't understand why you say it is a slap in the face to Eli. Not using the no huddle has to do with TC's coaching philosophy and nothing to do with who is behind center. Why should Eli feel insulted? Don't you think he knows that?
I was about to type essentially the same thing.

I'd like to add, that even though we don't run a no-huddle/high-tempo offense, we DO run a check-with-me offense, where Eli calls a couple plays in the huddle (usually a run or two and a pass or two depending on situation) and checks to the play he thinks will be most effective against what the defense is showing. He also has full audible control at the line (something most QBs DO NOT have).

Drez
09-12-2012, 08:21 AM
i don't know about limited. They got just about everyone involved.. Pitta was making catches, as was ****son, and jones, and bolding, and torrey smith, and bernard pierce, and ray rice and vonta leach..etc They were using timely runs to perfection..etc Litteraly everyone got involved and they just simply could not be stopped against a good defense..
Or maybe Cincy's defense regresses again this year. Weren't they pretty good in '09, but sucked in '10, only to be good again last season? Maybe Cincy's defense is just having another down year.

Drez
09-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Please remember when you go into a no huddle offense, your offensive linemen get worn out quickly too. The Giants offensive line already can't protect Eli.....just think how bad it could be if they are also very tired on the field.
No huddle is MUCH worse on the defense than it is the offense. An O-lineman doesn't need to follow pursuit on every play, DL do (or at least should).

Drez
09-12-2012, 08:26 AM
What? Dude...You do realize we WON TWO SUPER BOWLS in the past five years don't you? Gilbride is not the problem....it's the offensive line. I've said it once and I'll say it again. If I told you there was an NFL team that had not drafted or developed an offensive lineman in 8 YEARS that starts on their offensive line...What kind of shape do you think that offensive line would be in right now?? Well you guessed it. I'm talking about the New York Football Giants. Snee is the last guy we either drafted or developed in the PAST FREAKING 8 YEARS!!! Is it any great mystery why our offensive line sucks??Ostensibly Beatty is the starter at LT.

Drez
09-12-2012, 08:28 AM
It's a slap in the face cause Joe Flacco is putting up 40 in the no huddle ( who has been in the league for only 4 years) when Eli should be doing the same thing but the coaches are to stubborn to realize that he thrives and has his best drives in the no huddle to change their offensive gameplan that's why it's a slap in the face.
Is it a slap in the face to Brady, Brees, or Rodgers that their coaches aren't running no huddle offenses?

giantsfan420
09-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Is it a slap in the face to Brady, Brees, or Rodgers that their coaches aren't running no huddle offenses?
i could be wrong, but IIRC, each one of those qb's teams does have the no huddle package and have used it throughout games. I know NE has run the No Huddle as well as GB. Not sure about NO. Im sure they've run it with like 2 min left in a half/game, but not sure if they use it throughout the game. I believe they do too. And theyre certainly not afraid to use the no huddle either.

Morehead State
09-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Bottom line is that it is NOT a slap in the face to Eli that we don't run a no huddle. Eli functions very well in our offense as he has huge responsibilities. Ours is a very complex scheme that puts great responsibilities on the QB.
I would also suggest that Joe Flacco would NOT be able to run our offense.

Morehead State
09-12-2012, 08:45 AM
i could be wrong, but IIRC, each one of those qb's teams does have the no huddle package and have used it throughout games. I know NE has run the No Huddle as well as GB. Not sure about NO. Im sure they've run it with like 2 min left in a half/game, but not sure if they use it throughout the game. I believe they do too. And theyre certainly not afraid to use the no huddle either.
There are only a handful of QB's in the league that could run OUR offense.

GameTime
09-12-2012, 09:35 AM
if Flacco uses the no huddle and the Raven get spanked will you still feel the same way about it?? The Giants have won 2 SBs in 5 years without the heavey use of the no huddle.
To be honest I like the no huddle approach sometimes. It would be nice to see them do it a series here and there in a tough game. But I dont think it should become their base O.
We all ahve to chill.....If the Giants come out and play well this weekend overall on both sides of the ball then there will have been a lot of wasted angst and breath from these boards....

Mod_C
09-12-2012, 11:55 AM
This playground is closed boys and girls.