PDA

View Full Version : Plz Support GMEN NATION Deployed Troops!

brooklyndoingit
09-10-2012, 03:46 AM
The deployed troops need your help! The only way we can watch the Giants vs Tampa Buc's game is if we win the voting on the AFN American Forces Network/Fan's Choice Facebook Page... If it's not to much to ask PLEASE VOTE, the more votes the better... Support the Military Fans...It's easy go on the Facebook page and vote on the poll standings and GMEN fans throughout the Arm Services will be able to enjoy the game next weekend, Voting Ends Wed Morning... Last Week's lost is bad enough it will be much worse if we can't see next weeks game where we get our revenge vs the Buc's

bigblueiniraq
09-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Please vote, every vote counts. I need to see the game

clawwolf
09-10-2012, 12:15 PM
hope you see the game, have a link?

wuzpapn
09-10-2012, 12:28 PM
yea link us please.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I voted! Here is the link.

http://www.facebook.com/myAFN

rainierjef
09-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Most posters on here could care less about military personnel. I'll have my unit all put in a vote by COB today.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Most posters on here could care less about military personnel. I'll have my unit all put in a vote by COB today.Why do you say that??? Over the last few years I have seen a lot of support for Military on here. I just retired from the Navy, and I know you are out in Hawaii at Hickam. I think they dislike the fact even when we are supposed to be working, we are on the MB LOL!

GameTime
09-10-2012, 01:14 PM
vote is in

wuzpapn
09-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Most posters on here could care less about military personnel. I'll have my unit all put in a vote by COB today.
I don't think you can speak for "most" people on here. If they are, they're most likely the 17 and younger kids who are here to post stupid **** like 'TRADE OSI FOR BETTER O-LINE?!?!?!?!'

Everyone should respect our military. If you agree with why we're in war or not.

GameTime
09-10-2012, 01:20 PM
BTW...I think you are wrong and its "Couldn't care less"......

Giantz4Life
09-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Just voted.

So far Giants are trailing 8% to Cowboys/Seahawks leading 16% and Ravens/Eagles 14%.

Come on Giants fans give our troops a vote!

rainierjef
09-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't think you can speak for "most" people on here. If they are, they're most likely the 17 and younger kids who are here to post stupid **** like 'TRADE OSI FOR BETTER O-LINE?!?!?!?!'

Everyone should respect our military. If you agree with why we're in war or not.
That's why i said most, I was generalizing. I could of said some, but it would of had the same effect.

rainierjef
09-10-2012, 02:02 PM
BTW...I think you are wrong and its "Couldn't care less"......
Thank you. Just going off personal experiences and what i see.

sharick88
09-10-2012, 02:49 PM
The deployed troops need your help! The only way we can watch the Giants vs Tampa Buc's game is if we win the voting on the AFN American Forces Network/Fan's Choice Facebook Page... If it's not to much to ask PLEASE VOTE, the more votes the better... Support the Military Fans...It's easy go on the Facebook page and vote on the poll standings and GMEN fans throughout the Arm Services will be able to enjoy the game next weekend, Voting Ends Wed Morning... Last Week's lost is bad enough it will be much worse if we can't see next weeks game where we get our revenge vs the Buc's

I used to be one, so I know exactly how important it is. I remember being on the ship and hoping and praying for some giants football. Cash those votes in ASAP!!!!

sharick88
09-10-2012, 02:51 PM

I'm one and I give a ****. Kind of ashamed that one of my own kind would say something like this though

rainierjef
09-10-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm one and I give a ****. Kind of ashamed that one of my own kind would say something like this though
Sir! I was generalizing what i see on these boards, when I said most, I did not mean all. Like a poster said, some of them could be the 17 yr old kids who honeslty don't care. Don't be ashamed for my personal view's, that is my responsibility to bare sir!

sharick88
09-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Sir! I was generalizing what i see on these boards, when I said most, I did not mean all. Like a poster said, some of them could be the 17 yr old kids who honeslty don't care. Don't be ashamed for my personal view's, that is my responsibility to bare sir!

Being in the recruiting field now (I used to be in logistics/supply), I can understand that you feel that way based on the younger generation, which mostly are unappreciative of the sacrifices of soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines. It is usually the older crowd that is thanking you for service and sometimes actually are willing to buy you lunch or dinner. I've personally met people on these message boards and actually attended games with them. Out of that group, 100% support the US Armed Forces. Anyways, my whole NRS voted for the giants and bucs game because I gave them a direct order to. LOL

wuzpapn
09-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Let's go everyone. 155 people viewing this board we should easily be able to get this from 8% up to at least 10-11%.

https://secure.dodmedia.osd.mil/myafn/facebook/fanschoice/FansChoiceApp.aspx

DownWitJPP
09-10-2012, 04:02 PM

biggest crock of crap ever. Every time someone posts on here mentioning that they are in the military or deploying to Iraq / Afghanistan or anywhere else in the world for that matter, all I have seen has been support and well wishes for our military including you. I've seen people say thank you to you for your service in a few posts already. Most recently it was the guy I think he was in the army and made a post about getting to go to his first game at Giant stadium before deploying.

brooklyndoingit
09-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Giants Family I didn't post this for in house fighting my aplogizes, I just want to be able to watch our beloved team as well as fellow fans having the chance to watch as well. As you know Cowboy fans are strong in the military and always end up shown to many times for my liking... Thanks again guys

brooklyndoingit
09-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Thank you and yes the pain of hoping you don't get stuck with Cowboys vs Seahawks is real... lol

brooklyndoingit
09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
http://www.facebook.com/myAFN (http://www.facebook.com/myAFN)

brooklyndoingit
09-10-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.facebook.com/myAFN (http://www.facebook.com/myAFN) and thanks again for taking the time

brooklyndoingit
09-10-2012, 04:24 PM
But its my day off :/ lol, we have to get a few hours of down time haha

Why do you say that??? Over the last few years I have seen a lot of support for Military on here. I just retired from the Navy, and I know you are out in Hawaii at Hickam. I think they dislike the fact even when we are supposed to be working, we are on the MB LOL!

rainierjef
09-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Giants Family I didn't post this for in house fighting my aplogizes, I just want to be able to watch our beloved team as well as fellow fans having the chance to watch as well. As you know Cowboy fans are strong in the military and always end up shown to many times for my liking... Thanks again guys
No apologies needed, some people feel offended by what I said, cause of the general way I said it.
I already had my unit submit their votes, which is a small shop of 9.
I see that its only at 9% and this is what i mean, only a few care.

brooklyndoingit
09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Thank you very much 9 votes is more then what we had this morning, I truly appreciate your help

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Thank you very much 9 votes is more then what we had this morning, I truly appreciate your helpI voted and had my GF vote as well! Remember, it's early and people on here will be getting off work soon, so maybe we can have one of the mods sticky this so its at the top for all the members to see when they sign in! Calling all MODS!!!!

rainierjef
09-10-2012, 04:37 PM
But its my day off :/ lol, we have to get a few hours of down time haha

whats your service and rank Sir, i'm sending out an email to the base.

brooklyndoingit
09-10-2012, 04:46 PM
SSgt, Air Force

whats your service and rank Sir, i'm sending out an email to the base.

rainierjef
09-10-2012, 05:06 PM
SSgt, Air Force
Well Staff Sargeant its your birthday this week, hopefully that works.

Hello Sir/Ma’am,

This email is in regards, to our active duty deployed personnel and the limited viewing of games, via the AFN network. As you are already aware, those that have been down range; AFN does not support all NFL Sunday games, but rely on a fan voting to determine which games are aired. If you have a face book account can you please log in and go to the provided link, http://www.facebook.com/myAFN. Vote for the Giants vs. Buccaneer’s game to be aired; this is an early birthday request from one of our Active Duty NCO’s that is currently deployed.

Thank You

V/R

Jeffrey Rainer, Capt, USAF
Flight Medicine Physician Asst.
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI

brooklyndoingit
09-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Thank you Capt, and I indeed have a Bday coming up soon... Let's Hope we get out the NFC basement this sunday

Hello Sir/Ma’am,

This email is in regards, to our active duty deployed personnel and the limited viewing of games, via the AFN network. As you are already aware, those that have been down range; AFN does not support all NFL Sunday games, but rely on a fan voting to determine which games are aired. If you have a face book account can you please log in and go to the provided link, http://www.facebook.com/myAFN. Vote for the Giants vs. Buccaneer’s game to be aired; this is an early birthday request from one of our Active Duty NCO’s that is currently deployed.

Thank You

V/R

Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Hello Sir/Ma’am,

Thank You

V/R

Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HIThere goes the neighborhood.... There is an occifer on our MB. LMAO! What you didnt take into account is now the whole base will now go vote for THEIR TEAM. If you want things to get done right, leave it to the enlisted community! LMAO!

Mod_C
09-10-2012, 06:40 PM

What makes you say that?

brooklyndoingit
09-10-2012, 06:52 PM
What makes you say that? MOD: Any help would be helpful plz the Cowboy's vs Seahawks game is kicking our butts in the voting

Mod_C
09-10-2012, 06:58 PM
MOD: Any help would be helpful plz the Cowboy's vs Seahawks game is kicking our butts in the voting

The thread has been pinned

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 10:01 PM
lets go gmen fans he and many others need to be able to watch this game, we have the luxory he has to depend on the votes!!!!

clawwolf
09-11-2012, 10:56 AM

Interesting, all I know is that I registered over 4 years ago and have been lurking for years and years and seeing this post specifically made me make my first post.

Thanks for link, gonna vote now, hopefully they get to see it. Go big blue! Thank you to all the service men and women for your sacrifice and heroism.