PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS' TUCK STILL BOTHERED BY TOE INJURY

RoanokeFan
12-15-2011, 04:03 PM
GIANTS' TUCK STILL BOTHERED BY TOE INJURY (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/giants_tuck_still_bothered_by_toe_ycohCgJDQ5JIYRMr GRmYGK)

Excerpt: "At the start of practice on Thursday, there was no sign of Justin Tuck.

After about 15 minutes, the Giants defensive end emerged, walking slowly, as
if he was in no rush to step up onto the stationary bicycle he was headed for.
If someone could look dejected as he walked, it was Tuck, who resembled someone
who just learned his trusted dog had eaten his beloved cat and, lo and behold,
inside the catís belly was what remained of Tuckís favorite pet bird.</p>

Clearly, the new toe injury that Tuck suffered in last weekís 37-34 victory
over the Cowboys is bothering him quite a bit. He hasnít practiced yet this week
and he has one more day to get on the field and convince coach Tom Coughlin that
heís ready for Sundayís game against the Redskins. On Wednesday Coughlin said he
believes Tuck will be able to manage the discomfort and play in the game but
that optimism might be unfounded, based on Tuckís body language.</p>
Tuck has endured a miserable, injury-filled season, starting with a neck
problem back in the summer. Heís also been slowed with injuries to his groin,
ankle and now his toe. Itís likely heíll be listed as no better than
questionable to play this weekend." Read more...

burier
12-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Shocker

GGTM_1977
12-15-2011, 04:14 PM
We could use a really good pass rush for the remaining games......can't we just bite the bullet and move Kiwi back to DE.....

titwio
12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Why does all of Tucks injuries sound like thy're leaving him crippled? Stinger, Groin, and now his toe leaves Tuck questioning whether or not he can play.

It almost sounds like excuses just keep coming up for him. I'm not judging the guy but I think there's something else wrong....He just looks mentally out of it.

RoanokeFan
12-15-2011, 04:32 PM
We could use a really good pass rush for the remaining games......can't we just bite the bullet and move Kiwi back to DE.....

They may with Boley and Phillips available.

RoanokeFan
12-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Why does all of Tucks injuries sound like thy're leaving him crippled? Stinger, Groin, and now his toe leaves Tuck questioning whether or not he can play.

It almost sounds like excuses just keep coming up for him. I'm not judging the guy but I think there's something else wrong....He just looks mentally out of it.

There is, he's admitted it publicly a few weeks ago. He's worried about further injury to his neck.

titwio
12-15-2011, 04:46 PM

There is, he's admitted it publicly a few weeks ago.* He's worried about further injury to his neck.

So what's the diagnosis on his neck? Stingers aren't usually this much cause for concern.

Kruunch
12-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Tuck needs to be 100% to play at the level everyone expects him to play at.

Unfortunately, Tuck is rarely at 100%, historically speaking.

RoanokeFan
12-15-2011, 04:52 PM

There is, he's admitted it publicly a few weeks ago. He's worried about further injury to his neck.

So what's the diagnosis on his neck? Stingers aren't usually this much cause for concern.

There's nothing wrong with his neck now. He's worried about it being injured again. It's "in his head", and that's his comment, not mine.

burier
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
time to cut our losses with this guy.

He had a good run but if he's playing scared he's no use to us.

bigbluefan1986
12-15-2011, 05:05 PM
tuck has not been an impact player in the positive for the giants for most of the year. he should be let to take off a few weeks and maybe if we make the playoffs allow him to come in and play with a little more umph that we have been accustomed to.

Mod_C
12-15-2011, 05:14 PM
tuck has not been an impact player in the positive for the giants for most of the year. he should be let to take off a few weeks and maybe if we make the playoffs allow him to come in and play with a little more umph that we have been accustomed to.

He took a few games off and he's just been marginally better.