PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Tampa Bay game. Oh boy!!

dmighty326
09-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Giants an in Florida and I happened to go to the game with some friends who are Tampa bay fans. Wearing my Eli jersery of course and probably the only giant fan there, I was treated quite rudely due to our pending matchup. I left the game thinking we are in trouble. Their defense was suffocating and completely shut down the panthers running game, held them to 10 yards!!
Martin looked very good and he is going to play with a chip on his shoulder wanting to show he is the better back.
He is going to run all over us if we don't show up. There passing game lacks but with our 4th/5th string CBs, they may excel. More than likely, TB is going to win the time of possession. Every time I looked up they ad the ball.

Keys to winning
Don't take this team lightly
O-line must protect Eli
Eli Manning plays big

I truly do not believe we are going to blow this team out like many predict. It's going to be much closer than we would like.

Go GMEN

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 09:07 AM
No team should ever underestimate another team. Especially one with no OL and starting their 5th and 6th CB's.

miked1958
09-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Reading your Thread Title and the first 2 Sentences of your Post at first I thought it was a Thread that should have been made after next Sunday. LOL then I thought maybe he is relaying a Dream. When I read further I realized you were talking about TBs game yesterday.. LOL.

I really dont feel the Giants have any reason to go into anygame this season over confident. They have alot of holes and lots of room for improvement over last years 9-7 squad. They even said it themselves prior to the season starting. And the Dallas game did nothing to dis prove what they have said and we have feared all along.

BillTheGreek
09-10-2012, 10:12 AM
You know what Elvis use to say ! " TCB " for the Giants it means TAKING CARE of BAY (TAMPA)

GO GIANTS !

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 12:24 PM
I agree......you can never take any NFL team for granted.

The guy who coaches TB actually turned Rutgers around after 100 years of awful play........Schiano is not a guy to be taken lightly
As for the Skins, Shanahan was going to bring them back, we all knew that.......it was only a matter of time

On the plus side the Eagles do not look like any kind of dynasty.....except one in their own minds

SuperNYGiants
09-10-2012, 01:39 PM
I agree with what OP said except for Martin having a chip on his shoulder, it would be Wilson with a chip on his shoulder because he was drafted last in the 1st round.

People saying Bucs game would be a blow out clearly does not know how the Giants tend to play down to the level of competition, just look at Seattle game, and Redskins games last season.

The only way I see this game being a blow out is if Eli has a beast mode game.

Easy E.
09-10-2012, 02:22 PM
You know what Elvis use to say ! " TCB " for the Giants it means TAKING CARE of BAY (TAMPA)

GO GIANTS !

This is really a stretch haha. C'mon man, you're better than this

chizz
09-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Yea doug martin looked pretty good out there. This is gonna be a tough game

fourth&forever
09-10-2012, 06:25 PM
We rarely blow out anyone.

jomo
09-10-2012, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't predict that we blow out anyone.

dave56dj
09-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Martin may want to prove he his a great back but him being chosen ahead of Wilson really doesnt give him extra incentive vs us.

They got to Newton early and often with a lot of blitzes - harder to blitz eli as he is adept at making the hot read. Also unlike carolina he has more weapons at receiver. The way they stuffed the run was disturbing for sure. Carolina was the number one run team in football last year. Giants certainly have there work cut out for them. That said TB didn't exactly bring the O to Carolina. They did an average job at best. They have some big wideouts in williams and jackson but the QB is till young and raw. Webby has to have a good game against Jackson (who i believe hurt him a couple years ago against SD - but rivers is a superior qb to freeman). As usual the giants have to get home on D - and Tampa certainly doesnt have th fire power of dallas.

BillTheGreek
09-10-2012, 07:48 PM
This is really a stretch haha. C'mon man, you're better than this

OK ...........SORRY ! Then it should be TCT..........TAKING CARE of TAMPA BAY lol

GO GIANT !

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 08:27 PM
The only thing that I will predict is that TB will be ready for us! O Line that is OTH and a secondary that gives up big yards....

dmighty326
09-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Time will tell. TB will be ready and we better represent as defending Super Bowl Champs. SF 49ers, Baltimore and ATL all looked dominant.
Also, with the arrival of RG3, this division is going to be tough to win. He deserves some credit. when is the last time the giants beat NO on the road.