PDA

View Full Version : Giants are in big trouble

Hooligans
09-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Watching the other NFC East teams play, and recalling how poorly the Giant's offensive line and defense played makes it clear this will be a down year for the Giants. The Redikins beat the Giants twice last year with Rex as QB....yesterday Rex wasn't even active and it would appear the Giants will have no answer for RG III with their non-existent pass rush and awful secondary. On top of that Arakpo is gong to be knocking Eli around like a pinball with the turnstile offensive line the Giants have......The Eagles offense and defense is even better and deeper than the Redskins..........looks like 4th place in the NFC East and a top 10 draft choice.....which might be a blessing in disguise as the offensive line needs to be blown up and re-built.....and the worst part of all is the Jets have a better offense than the Giants now.

NYGabriel
09-10-2012, 10:40 AM
You're a 'glass half empty' type aren't you?

ny06
09-10-2012, 10:46 AM
It's to early to say the Giants are in trouble, but I would be lying to say I'm not concerned. The offensive line is just a mess, I sometimes wonder how did we win a superbowl with these guys up front?

ryan12
09-10-2012, 10:48 AM
eagles looked horrible. skins looked good but the saints wont be same team this year and the cowboys barely beat us and we played a horrible game. its weak one relax

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I wish I could see your post after we lost to the Redskins in week 1 last year...

ryan12
09-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I wish I could see your post after we lost to the Redskins in week 1 last year...

who's post

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 10:58 AM
who's post

The OP's. One game and he is done.

Rudyy
09-10-2012, 11:00 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgtc8Drwk-vmhcHrnUAhBsVajPF9XT3TxmawkRqMhflJLGrrnD6riRi0qfYA

ryan12
09-10-2012, 11:02 AM
The OP's. One game and he is done.

i know im so sick of this ****ing negativity i always say "ok im not going on boards today" that lasts about 10 minutes i cant help myself lol

Flip Empty
09-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Week one. Jesus. I don't know how anyone who follows the league thinks they can tell how a season is going to play out from one single game.

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 11:17 AM
It's to early to say the Giants are in trouble, but I would be lying to say I'm not concerned. The offensive line is just a mess, I sometimes wonder how did we win a superbowl with these guys up front?The O-line is not a mess. Giants put up 17 points of offense and could have put up more.

Flip Empty
09-10-2012, 11:20 AM
The Giants have the same record as the Packers and Saints. All these teams must suck.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Week one is the worst week to know how a season will play out

Moke
09-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Week one is the worst week to know how a season will play out

Judging by the forum, I thought it was the best

Rudyy
09-10-2012, 11:33 AM
0-1? no playoffs obviously.

Razur
09-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Way too early to make that statement valid. Giants played ( past tense) poorly against Dallas, and like any NFC East team, the Cowboys took full advantage of that. The Redskins did the same thing twice last year. The NFC East is one of the ,if not THE most talented Divisions in the NFL, coach & players. You sleep on any one of these teams and your dead meat. We slept on Dallas, and they exploited it.

Giants have legitmate concerns, with injuries, and depth, but I am not about to throw it in after one game. Let's see what the team leaders have addressed in the locker room and the practice field this wek. Let's give the coaches some credit for lookingat film and making adjustments, and over all, give the team some support, and stop the knee jerk reaction to thro them under the bus so soon.

Call 'em out when they play badly, but, write 'em off now?? That's a mistake.

Down-lifer
09-10-2012, 11:39 AM
eagles looked horrible. skins looked good but the saints wont be same team this year and the cowboys barely beat us and we played a horrible game. its weak one relaxExactly! I really can't believe people are scared after week one. It's almost like people are surprised that there are good teams in the NFL besides the Giants.

Martin 2
09-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Watching the other NFC East teams play, and recalling how poorly the Giant's offensive line and defense played makes it clear this will be a down year for the Giants. The Redikins beat the Giants twice last year with Rex as QB....yesterday Rex wasn't even active and it would appear the Giants will have no answer for RG III with their non-existent pass rush and awful secondary. On top of that Arakpo is gong to be knocking Eli around like a pinball with the turnstile offensive line the Giants have......The Eagles offense and defense is even better and deeper than the Redskins..........looks like 4th place in the NFC East and a top 10 draft choice.....which might be a blessing in disguise as the offensive line needs to be blown up and re-built.....and the worst part of all is the Jets have a better offense than the Giants now.

So let me get this straight!

Your saying that from 1 game in which we lost by 7 pts that this
will be a down year and no playoffs and all the other east teams
based on 1 game will be ahead of the Giants in Dec??

I hope you and I are never in a fox hole together!

NYGAiG88
09-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Well didn't you guys know the Giants are supposed to go 16-0 every year!! Come on guys!! lol wait...wasn't I supposed to use Red? Better delete this before people complain..lol

Flip Empty
09-10-2012, 11:50 AM
At least the loss has put an end to the "wah, we don't get no respect" nonsense. That game illustrates perfectly why people have a hard time imagining the Giants as repeat title contenders - they are prone to ****ting the bed at anytime.

GameTime
09-10-2012, 12:11 PM
easy big fella.....only one game in and you assess all the teams like there are 10 games in....

ryan12
09-10-2012, 12:41 PM

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was awesome

RoanokeFan
09-10-2012, 01:13 PM

So which team are you a fan of this week?

Cloud57
09-10-2012, 02:13 PM
we will probably be 3rd or 4th in the division since the cowboys and redskins are clearly the better teams, so much for playoffs lol

burier
09-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Wow you guys really can't tell when you're being trolled can you?

Moke
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Wow you guys really can't tell when you're being trolled can you?

True. After reading all of his posts in the past week, it's pretty obvious he is 1) a troll, or 2) a child.

Or 3) both.

sharick88
09-10-2012, 02:42 PM

WTF are you smoking. I love how you have all of the answers and our projected division finish after only one game. You, my friend, are an idiot that needs to be committed ASAP

alentown pa
09-10-2012, 04:33 PM
we should have kept rivers

miked1958
09-10-2012, 04:40 PM
we should have kept riversUSe the Red Font next time lol

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Looking at all the teams we easily have the most room for improvement, now we just have to improve. Once that happens then the other teams in our division will likely have their hands full.

Hooligans
09-11-2012, 07:50 AM
For those that are giving the tired old line of "it was only week 1"......you are whistling past the graveyard. Anyone who played football and/or understands football, knows a bad offensive line is death to a team.....happened to the Rams in 2004, the Steelers after their last Super Bowl, and even the Patriots as Brady started getting lit up and finally injured in 2010. The Giant Offensive line is horrid. The Giants were 32nd in the NFL in rushing last season - DEAD LAST! They still managed to win the Super Bowl......but last week shows what happens when you can't run the ball and you can't protect the QB. As for the defense, my mother could get open on the Giant DBs (she's over 70). If the Giant pass rush doesn't get to the QB, teams will be scoring at will......and against the Cowboys, Romo had all day.

Imgrate
09-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Every single one of hooligans posts over the years has been obviously trollish. Highly unlikely that he is a giants fan.

Buddy333
09-11-2012, 08:01 AM
The OL was bad last year and they won the Super Bowl. I'm not saying hey will win again, but they where bad last year. The Saints and Green Bay also have OL that need to improve. As bad as the OL was in the 1st game that is not why they lost. They lost because of poor secondary play which can be corrected and should get better with guys getting healthy, a number of dropped passes, and a rusty Nicks.

BParcells777
09-11-2012, 09:07 AM
I have an answer and his name is Ojomo

Toadofsteel
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
The OL was bad last year and they won the Super Bowl. I'm not saying hey will win again, but they where bad last year. The Saints and Green Bay also have OL that need to improve. As bad as the OL was in the 1st game that is not why they lost. They lost because of poor secondary play which can be corrected and should get better with guys getting healthy, a number of dropped passes, and a rusty Nicks.

OL needs to improve though just to give Eli time in the pocket. We have been spoiled by having the *Made of Nintendium* quarterback. Like any Nintendo product, Eli is a little quirky and often thought of as "kid-friendly" and not to be taken seriously, but you can bang him up and he keeps on ticking like nothing happened. But he cant' do anything about the O-line on run plays, and he's not going to be able to mask it forever either...

NWKEffectElement
09-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Wow you guys really can't tell when you're being trolled can you? I was wondering the same thing. This board used to be smarter than that.

GeoGoGo
09-11-2012, 11:50 AM

1986 start season 0-1 Super Bowl Champions
2007 start season 0-2 Super Bowl Champions
2011 start season 0-1 Super Bowl Champions

Thanks for having so much faith in the team.

You, sir are a crappy fan.

GO GIANTS!!!

GeoGoGo
09-11-2012, 11:58 AM

Can you say human shield? :cool:

Hooligans
09-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Every single one of hooligans posts over the years has been obviously trollish. Highly unlikely that he is a giants fan.

Fact is I am more a Giant fan than you and have been for a longer time. I just don't delude myself in thinking things are okay when they aren't.....in other words I face reality, you don't.

EJ Blue
09-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Please stop. The Giants are not in big trouble. I used to be negative all the time but now it's clear to me that they're capable enough to get themselves together when everything is on the line. There is too much talent on this team for this to be a down year. Stop with the knee jerk reactions.

flimflam
09-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Just give me a healthy DT Marvin Austin, DT Chris Canty, CB Jayron Hosley, FS Kenny Phillips, CB Michael Coe, and CB Prince Amukamara, and I will take my chances with the Giants.

I think Big Blue is not going to do another post-SB slump, but in fact win the division, go deep into the playoffs, and stomp some asses out.

funkybudda
09-11-2012, 04:32 PM
eagles looked horrible. skins looked good but the saints wont be same team this year and the cowboys barely beat us and we played a horrible game. its weak one relax

sure, Eagled looked horrible, but when they edged out a win with Vick threw multiple INTs, the team did something right. RG3 looked legit with a dominating performance against Saints, Cowgirls are improved defensively, Murray is what Bradshaw wish he could ever be, and a new WR that filled in Laurent Robinson's position nicely. Giants are at the bottom of the division and Reese needs to face the reality and do something about the offensive line and CB position.

bandwgn86
09-11-2012, 04:38 PM
I wish I could see your post after we lost to the Redskins in week 1 last year...lmaooooooo..

edit:sorry had to make post with 10 character min lol didnt cut it

Weygand
09-11-2012, 04:51 PM

I don't see it. Divisional opponents are always hard and it's not like Dallas is bereft of decent to good personnel AND morally bankrupt. The Giants didn't look that good but they're replacing some key players on offense and working in new ones. The unlucky penny named Domenik Hixon is back for another post-champ season where the fondness for the person he replaced grows like weed(s); also, we were better with Jacobs than without because, yes, while we are a passing team, Jacobs was a great change of pace. I do like Martellus Bennett for the offense.

0-1....who cares....it's not like this is a 16-0 team or even that Giants fans want one. 2007 season the Giants started 0-2 and that ended pretty well.

OTOH, Holy Christ 4th and 9er fans are already planning the ticker tape parade through the city. They're the polar opposite of the sentiment of this post, in both cases too much is being made of both game outcomes.

woocrew
09-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Relax Relax Relax I cant believe after a SB year that there is so much negativity ok so they lost to the cowgirls this team has heart and coughlin knows how to coach (obvious) they will make it a competative season

MattMeyerBud
09-11-2012, 07:54 PM

hes an Eagles fan...

thought he had a ban actually

MattMeyerBud
09-11-2012, 07:56 PM
sure, Eagled looked horrible, but when they edged out a win with Vick threw multiple INTs, the team did something right. RG3 looked legit with a dominating performance against Saints, Cowgirls are improved defensively, Murray is what Bradshaw wish he could ever be, and a new WR that filled in Laurent Robinson's position nicely. Giants are at the bottom of the division and Reese needs to face the reality and do something about the offensive line and CB position.

the only thing that the Eagles did right, was have the Browns as opponents.

I'll buy the RG3 hype if hes still doing this at the end of October...

We played awful vs the Cowboys while they played the game of their lives and it was still a 7 point game that came down to the end of the 4th...

relax

Parademon
09-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Giants just have to win enough games to get into the playoffs. Once there, they are the team no one will want to face.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
09-11-2012, 09:57 PM

All I hear is "waaaaaaaaaaaaa"

I remember going 0-2 and winning a super-bowl once.
These types are just noise.

Battyboyy
09-12-2012, 05:05 AM
Giants just have to win enough games to get into the playoffs. Once there, they are the team no one will want to face.

Yes couldn't agree more and it's week one! The bucs were 3-1 last year and finished 4-12 its a long season..

NYGFaninILL
09-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Fact is I am more a Giant fan than you and have been for a longer time. I just don't delude myself in thinking things are okay when they aren't.....in other words I face reality, you don't.

If you have been a Giants fan for a long time, you know the Giants play best when their backs are to the wall. After all the adversity that our team Overcome last year to bring the fans a SB, you saying this crap at the end of week 1 is deserving of your fan card getting revoked. That's all I have to say on the matter, sir.