PDA

View Full Version : giants news

ryan12
09-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Prince ready to run to the rescue?

BY Ralph Vacchiano

Prince Amukamara has been targeting a Week 2 return from his high ankle sprain, and for the moment he appears to be on target.

The Giants' injured starting cornerback was out on the practice field and running through individual drills on Monday morning as the Giants -- mired in last place in the NFC East with an 0-1 record -- returned to work to prepare for their Week 2 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Amukmara appeared to be running without any limitations during the few minutes of practice that were open to the media.

We'll find out later from Tom Coughlin whether he was able to make it through a full practice or not. Either way, this was Amukamara's first practice since he injured his ankle in Week 3 of the preseason against the Chicago Bears.

The Giants also had DT Marvin Austin (back) and T James Brewer (back) back on the field for individual drills.

That's the good news. The bad? Safety Kenny Phillips was on the sidelines with an unknown ailment. Coughlin will surely be asked about that when practice is over. Also out were LB Keith Rivers (hamstring) and CB Michael Coe (hamstring).

Practice squad moves

On Saturday, the Giants waived WR Brandon Collins and T Matt McCants, their sixth-round draft choice, from their practice squad. That was done to make room for the two players they signed on Friday C/G Scott Wedige and CB Terrence Frederick.

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I hope KP is ok. I mean I wanted to see Hill get on the field but not because of an injury to KP. As for Prince, if he is absolutely fine then get him on the field. If he needs another week give it to him. Tampa is not the scariest passing team. They may be able o get by without Prince. They could use Austin though because even though Bernard looked good he was getting tired and Tampa has a good OL.

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 11:25 AM
We can not afford to lose KP, at all.

B-Red22
09-10-2012, 11:46 AM
sweet, another hit to the secondary

GiantFanatic55
09-10-2012, 12:03 PM
We can not afford to lose KP, at all.

KP is fine

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel
Phillips will practice Wednesday. Sat with back injury today.

GiantFanatic55
09-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo
Prince said he didn't aggravate his ankle today and is "optimistic" about playing Sunday.

CB Michael Coe said he ran at 75 to 80% today. Said he should be able to go Wednesday and Thursday.

DT Marvin Austin (back) said he's good to go for Week 2, just a matter of convincing the training staff.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
Beatty said he took his full reps, working with both ones and twos. Said he feels good.

GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan
Much optimism from coe, prince, rivers, austin, phillips they will play...beatty says set to start if asked

ryan12
09-10-2012, 12:19 PM
wonder who was the odd man out when beatty was w the ones

Cool Papa B.
09-10-2012, 12:28 PM
"mired in last place in the NFC East with an 0-1 record....." Seriously Ralph Vacchiano. Time for someone to talk him off the ledge and get him into a support group or something. It's just the first game of the year, Ralph. Take it easy.

jomo
09-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I like the swappin in on our practice squad an OL and CB.
Presumably they consider the OL an upgrade over McCants (not too hard).
We can use all the DB's we can find.

RoanokeFan
09-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I like the swappin in on our practice squad an OL and CB.
Presumably they consider the OL an upgrade over McCants (not too hard).
We can use all the DB's we can find.

You would have been an improvement over McCants :rolleyes:

Easy E.
09-10-2012, 01:16 PM
"mired in last place in the NFC East with an 0-1 record....." Seriously Ralph Vacchiano. Time for someone to talk him off the ledge and get him into a support group or something. It's just the first game of the year, Ralph. Take it easy.

One, he technically isn't wrong. They are in last in the NFC East. Two, he using sarcasm there. He knows it was only week 1.

Cool Papa B.
09-10-2012, 02:22 PM
One, he technically isn't wrong. They are in last in the NFC East. Two, he using sarcasm there. He knows it was only week 1.

How do you know if he's being sarcastic or not? If he is then fine, I missed that.

And yes, AFTER ONE GAME the Gmen are in last place. But after only 1 game you can't be using the word "mired" to describe any teams position in their division.

miked1958
09-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Whats the word on Hosley and his Turf Toe Injury. getting any better?

DownWitJPP
09-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Mike, Hosley played some in the slot on Wednesday night. I'm guessing hes ok.

miked1958
09-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Mike, Hosley played some in the slot on Wednesday night. I'm guessing hes ok.Didnt even realize it. I guess he was invisible like most the NYG team was on Wed.

DownWitJPP
09-10-2012, 04:43 PM
You would have been an improvement over McCants :rolleyes:

So true LOL..he was awful. The DE's were blowing right past him, he didn't even get his hands on them. I Haven't played DE in football since HS, but I honestly believe I would beat McCants off the edge

DownWitJPP
09-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Didnt even realize it. I guess he was invisible like most the NYG team was on Wed.

yea only reason I know that is because I kept asking my friends who's 28 LOL...still learning the new #'s this year

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Let's not jinx the guy, maybe he can play a few snaps!