PDA

View Full Version : We win the Cowboys game if Correy Webster played better

VBGiantsFan
09-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Obviously we have issues with injuries at our secondary position, and even our safties (yes, that includes Phillips) did not play particularly well either. However, Webster is considered by many on here including myself as a potential top 10 CB in the league. With the exception of Tryon at the end of the game, Webster was our worse CB out there, giving up two huge plays. The Bryant one, I can accept because he got beaten off the line trying to press, but the double move by Ogletree while he was looking at Romo was terrible. It was something I didn't exptect out of Webster to be burnt like that.

Webster HAS to get better for our D to show any sign of life. We cannot ONLY rely on the pass rush, and right now that isn't working either.

GMENAGAIN
09-10-2012, 11:59 AM
That game is over . . . let it go.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Obviously we win if we scored more points then the Cowboys, but we did not because most of our star players were mediocre.

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Yes, CWeb looked like the player of pre 2007 playoffs week 1. I don't expect him to play like that all year. With that said, you can not say we would of won if he played better. Maybe we would of won if Cruz catches all those passes or if Tuck makes that tackle on Murry or if Eli hits Hixon for the TD or if Gilbride calls better goalline plays..... Thats why we lost. Its a team game, and the team played like it was the first week of the season after a crazy offseason...

VBGiantsFan
That game is over . . . let it go.

Ok, I'll rephrase. Correy Webster was the most disappointing player on the field on Wedneday, and he is the reason IMO we didn't win the game. While the whole team was a major disappointment, his performance was worse IMO. Even with all the injuries, if he played better we win.

Now, onto next week, if he doesn't fix himself up quickly, I fear much more of the same even if our pass rush improves.

CowboysSuck
We also win if Tuck and Osi decided to show up. Or maybe if Diehl could hold a block. If Cruz could catch a pass.

CowboysSuck
09-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Webster Will play better. He's allowed a couple bad games a year. So is everyone else. It just seems like the entire team decided to have a bad game on the same night. Oh well, on to the next one!

Rat_bastich
09-10-2012, 12:41 PM
They were just a victims of their own hype and were still suffering a Super Bowl hangover. Now that it has all been cleared up they are back at work with a thing called humility to assist them. If I was Coughlin, I would play a sound bite of Jerry Jones message about beating the Giant's asses before every practice. I would also show a clip from the movie 'Bridge over the River Kwai' where[SPOILER]

the bridge gets blown up.

SuperNYGiants
09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
The offense played worse in my opinion, 3 points in the 1st half and 17 points total is just not enough.

Toadofsteel
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM
If the 4th quarter is over and you have more points than the other team, then BOOM you win the game...

http://forrealsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/John-Madden.jpg

BigBlue1971
09-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Webby is not the only one to blame. the front 7 didnt get much pressure on the qb. it all goes hand in hand!

Drez
09-10-2012, 12:47 PM
or if Eli hits Hixon for the TD We ending up getting a TD on that drive anyway. However, it did cost us about a minute of clock. Honestly, with the way the defense was playing, I don't think that minute would have mattered.

RoanokeFan
09-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Ok, I'll rephrase. Correy Webster was the most disappointing player on the field on Wedneday, and he is the reason IMO we didn't win the game. While the whole team was a major disappointment, his performance was worse IMO. Even with all the injuries, if he played better we win.

Now, onto next week, if he doesn't fix himself up quickly, I fear much more of the same even if our pass rush improves.

Just yesterday someone posted that David Baas was the worst player, day before that, David Diehl, blah, blah, blah. It's a T E A M sport, we win and lose based on a team effort. Let's see, how did we say that last year? ALL-IN!

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 01:22 PM
We ending up getting a TD on that drive anyway. However, it did cost us about a minute of clock. Honestly, with the way the defense was playing, I don't think that minute would have mattered.

Ok, but I was just giving an example. Eli wasn't perfect either. No one was in that game. No one had a great game. Well, maybe Weatherford did. To put it all on one player is not smart.

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't think you can make assumptions like this......the whole team other than Eli and JPP played like they were half asleep

shocknaweny
09-10-2012, 01:51 PM
He was pretty pathetic out there....I have not seen him play that bad since the "06 season.

Drez
09-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Ok, but I was just giving an example. Eli wasn't perfect either. No one was in that game. No one had a great game. Well, maybe Weatherford did. To put it all on one player is not smart.
I realize that. The whole team needs to step it up a notch.

However, people keep bringing that play up like it took points off the board, which it didn't. It did cause us to lose some time, which may have come in handy

burier
09-10-2012, 02:42 PM
If we're going to try to single someone out for the how poor the D played then we need to point at the leader of the D. That's Justin Tuck. But in reality the whole D played like hot trash. Guys weren't rallying to the ball. Played like they didnt have a scouting report on Romo and allowed him to escape time and again didn't cover anything. Didn't tackle anything and that includes everyone save for Rivers. Also I give a pass to JPP who was either held or beat his man easily only for Romo to move away because there was no rush coming from any other direction (cough*Tuck*cough*Osi)

I thought Kiwi was supposed to be the best run defender in the league? Was invisible!!!

And someonewhere Boley is still grinning about his INT even though he knows damn right that he was supposed to put that ball in the endzone.

That might have been the worst I've seen Webster play since maybe his second year in the league but everyone played like trash.

sharick88
09-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Obviously we have issues with injuries at our secondary position, and even our safties (yes, that includes Phillips) did not play particularly well either. However, Webster is considered by many on here including myself as a potential top 10 CB in the league. With the exception of Tryon at the end of the game, Webster was our worse CB out there, giving up two huge plays. The Bryant one, I can accept because he got beaten off the line trying to press, but the double move by Ogletree while he was looking at Romo was terrible. It was something I didn't exptect out of Webster to be burnt like that.

Webster HAS to get better for our D to show any sign of life. We cannot ONLY rely on the pass rush, and right now that isn't working either.

No blame to the offense that didn't get it going until the 3rd quarter?

sharick88
09-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't think you can make assumptions like this......the whole team other than Eli and JPP played like they were half asleep

No love for Bennett and Boley?

GameTime
09-10-2012, 02:49 PM
no run game
no run or pass D
No rythme or consistency on either side of the ball
droppped passes
no QB pressure to speak of.
A lot more than just Webster was the problem......

burier
09-10-2012, 02:56 PM

With all due respect to Boley the ball basically hit him in the face and then he failed to put six on the board which is completely unacceptable under the circumstances. Then after that play he was so in love with himself he forgot to play the rest of the game.

Bennett on the other side of the ball was a bright spot no doubt.

RoanokeFan
09-10-2012, 04:40 PM
With all due respect to Boley the ball basically hit him in the face and then he failed to put six on the board which is completely unacceptable under the circumstances. Then after that play he was so in love with himself he forgot to play the rest of the game.

Bennett on the other side of the ball was a bright spot no doubt.

Boley is the reason they didn't get the TD?

alentown pa
09-10-2012, 04:42 PM
rivers is our quarterback

burier
09-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Boley is the reason they didn't get the TD?

No not THEEEE reason but him getting tackled from behind definately didn't help. If you look at the replay there was really no reason for a guy with his speed not to get 6 there. It was almost like he started hotdogging toward the end of the play resulting in him getting tackled and then he had the nerve to disapear for the rest of the game.

slipknottin
09-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Webster got beat three times. Sheesh. Not a great performance, but not this horribly bad performance either. 3 catches. One TD.

And he had coverage rolled away from him all game.

slipknottin
09-10-2012, 05:19 PM
No not THEEEE reason but him getting tackled from behind definately didn't help. If you look at the replay there was really no reason for a guy with his speed not to get 6 there. It was almost like he started hotdogging toward the end of the play resulting in him getting tackled and then he had the nerve to disapear for the rest of the game.

You do realize Tyon Smith is an absolute freak of an athlete, right? I wouldnt be shocked if Smith could run a 4.7 40.

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Just yesterday someone posted that David Baas was the worst player, day before that, David Diehl, blah, blah, blah. It's a T E A M sport, we win and lose based on a team effort. Let's see, how did we say that last year? ALL-IN!
I guess we win as a team and lose as individuals.

ShakeandBake
09-10-2012, 06:16 PM

Rivers looked pretty good too

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Could of, should of, would of...lets move on please!

joemorrisforprez
09-10-2012, 08:04 PM
2011:

Giants 37, Cowboys 34
Giants 31, Cowboys 14

Giants 17 Cowboys 24

Looks to me like the biggest problems last week werer on the offensive side of the ball.....our offensive line, running backs, and recievers didn't get the job done.

Drez
09-10-2012, 08:15 PM
2011:

Giants 37, Cowboys 34
Giants 31, Cowboys 14

Giants 17 Cowboys 24

Looks to me like the biggest problems last week werer on the offensive side of the ball.....our offensive line, running backs, and recievers didn't get the job done.
The defense played well the first half for the most part, but completely fell apart in the second half. The fact they couldn't defend a simple slant AT ALL is worrisome.

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 09:31 PM
The defense played well the first half for the most part, but completely fell apart in the second half. The fact they couldn't defend a simple slant AT ALL is worrisome.
What it all came down to was Romo's ability to exploit our back up to the back up CB. Its that simple. If you have a weak link, you attack it and they did.
If we had a healthy CB corps we probably would have won the game.
I can't see blaming Webby. It was really about Tryon. And I can't "blame" him either. He's our 5th or 6th corner.

Drez
09-10-2012, 11:53 PM
What it all came down to was Romo's ability to exploit our back up to the back up CB. Its that simple. If you have a weak link, you attack it and they did.
If we had a healthy CB corps we probably would have won the game.
I can't see blaming Webby. It was really about Tryon. And I can't "blame" him either. He's our 5th or 6th corner.

Well, it might not be that simple really, though Tryon did look pretty bad out there (and he seemed to have been coming along when he got hurt last season). If the CBs were told to play with outside leverage (which it seemed they were a bunch, iirc) you usually rely on your LBs to fill the slant lanes. I don't know how often that particular situation occurred, but we seemed ill prepared/equipped to deal with it, beyond playing the bottom of our CB depth chart. Hopefully, it's something that can be corrected quickly enough.

Gimaniac
09-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Not to put all the blame on one guy, but, CWeb played like a backup to a backup, he was awful. It wasn't just the 2 plays.

Not what I was expecting from someone who has been so good for so long.

I can only hope that he will turn it around, but he looked more like a Bridge to Nowhere.

Kruunch
09-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Obviously we win if we scored more points then the Cowboys, but we did not because most of our star players were mediocre.

+1

Madden couldn't have said it better himself.

Robert21156
09-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Not to put all the blame on one guy, but, CWeb played like a backup to a backup, he was awful. It wasn't just the 2 plays.

Not what I was expecting from someone who has been so good for so long.

I can only hope that he will turn it around, but he looked more like a Bridge to Nowhere.
Actually it looked like Corey was TAKING the Bridge to Nowhere and didn't come back.