PDA

View Full Version : 34 INT's thrown in week 1 and not one of them was from Eli

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Very very proud of Eli.

Yes it sucks we lost but I'm over it.

Still 2 games left too you know Flacco, Dalton, Rivers and Palmer will toss a couple.

Toadofsteel
09-10-2012, 12:59 PM
The fact that Eli had a solid performance despite having no help from the o-line, run game, or defense tells me we will be alright in the long run...

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Very very proud of Eli.

Still 2 games left too you know Flacco, Dalton, Rivers and Palmer will toss a couple.

We Lost!!
What are you...friggin nuts?
Who gives a ****. I'd rather win and see him throw 3 picks.
This is a truly foolish post.

Giantz4Life
09-10-2012, 01:06 PM

Why? It is something positive to take from a loss. Eli protected the ball despite being pressured all game and sacked all game.

I for one am tired of the WE LOST and WE SUCK posts.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 01:29 PM
We Lost!!

Oh should I be whining and moaning and *****ing for the next six days instead?

I'm ****ing tired of the crying... get over it we lost, move on.

You know you CAN take away positives from the loss instead of harping on all the negatives that everyone already beat to death. Gets a little over saturated at some point....

ryan12
09-10-2012, 01:34 PM

You know you CAN take away positives from the loss instead of harping on all the negatives that everyone already beat to death. Gets a little over saturated at some point....

agreed and thats a good stat about eli... morehead state is a morehead

JB456
09-10-2012, 02:09 PM
We Lost!!

Simmerdown bro. Of course we would have preferred a Giants victory with 3 Manning interceptions but some of us are looking at some of the very FEW positives we can take from this game. If Eli can protect the ball better than in recent years, it will most likely translate into more victories this year. With all the negative posts, a loss next week could put half these boards on suicide watch...

burier
09-10-2012, 02:31 PM
We Lost!!

I know right!!!! God forbid someone post something positive.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't get it, do people want to drag this loss out until next Sunday?

Interceptions are a very big, important stat line. It's not like I said "Eli looked a lot less pouty!"

Ball security is a huge ordeal and almost every QB but ours turned it over week 1, and for that I am very proud.

B-Red22
09-10-2012, 02:36 PM
glad to actually see something positive

Rudyy
09-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Man, i wish we had michael vick. He threw 4 picks and still won the game!!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Man, i wish we had michael vick. He threw 4 picks and still won the game!!

LOL!!!!!!

wow even with all of those !'s it still says post is too short...... really... a simple LOL! won't suffice :confused:

Rudyy
09-10-2012, 03:43 PM
LOL!!!!!!

wow even with all of those !'s it still says post is too short...... really... a simple LOL! won't suffice :confused: LOL I hate that crap.

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Simmerdown bro. Of course we would have preferred a Giants victory with 3 Manning interceptions but some of us are looking at some of the very FEW positives we can take from this game. If Eli can protect the ball better than in recent years, it will most likely translate into more victories this year. With all the negative posts, a loss next week could put half these boards on suicide watch...Not I. I would like Eli to have no ints and we still win the game.

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 04:06 PM

If we won I could see that. But the fact that we lost and didn't have any picks is completely irrelevant. Its just silly to me. If you all disagree thats fine but while it wasn't all bad last week it was still a lousy effort on our part.
And I promise you one thing, Eli feels the exact same way I do. He couldn't care less about whether or not he threw any picks in a game we lost.
Its not being negative on my part, we just lost the game. Thats really all that matters here. And quite honestly we looked lousy doing it.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 04:11 PM
If we won I could see that. But the fact that we lost and didn't have any picks is completely irrelevant. Its just silly to me. If you all disagree thats fine but while it wasn't all bad last week it was still a lousy effort on our part.
And I promise you one thing, Eli feels the exact same way I do. He couldn't care less about whether or not he threw any picks in a game we lost.
Its not being negative on my part, we just lost the game. Thats really all that matters here. And quite honestly we looked lousy doing it.

I agree with everything you said other than it's irrelevant.

That's the type of game Eli throws a pick in past years. When things go awful everything comes crashing down.

It was an atrocity all around and I'm glad no one is happy about it.

I just thought it was enough of the negative bs topics.

burier
09-10-2012, 04:26 PM

But don't you see the inequity in your statement? Had Eli thrown 4 ints would you be saying..."Ya know what, I don't want to hear about it...it was an overall lousy effort out OUR part"?

Of course you wouldn't. You'd be talking about how elite QBs take care of the ball yada yada yada and you know it. Believe what you want but I'd like to think you'd strive to achieve a level consistency in your point of view.

miked1958
09-10-2012, 04:26 PM
We Lost!!
This is a truly foolish post.Yes like Vick with 4 picks which should have been 5 and Stafford for the lions with 3 and both won their games

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 05:19 PM
But don't you see the inequity in your statement? Had Eli thrown 4 ints would you be saying..."Ya know what, I don't want to hear about it...it was an overall lousy effort out OUR part"?

Of course you wouldn't. You'd be talking about how elite QBs take care of the ball yada yada yada and you know it. Believe what you want but I'd like to think you'd strive to achieve a level consistency in your point of view.
Thanks for letting me know what I 'Would have done". I don't even know what I would have said, how is it that a guy who only knows me as a collection of blips on a computer screen seems to have all this insight.
We lost. It was a lousy performance by both the offense and defense. Eli played OK but he didn't play all that well either. The entire team was flat. This wasn't a good performane where "someone had to lose". Dallas didn't play all that well either. Especially with penalties. It wasn't a game to be "proud" of anyone.
It just doesn't make sense to me. If it does to you then I guess everybody wins.

BeatYale
09-10-2012, 05:24 PM
This is a wacky topic to create. You're proud of him for not throwing an int? What exactly does that say about Eli if Giants fans are relieved/happy that he isn't turning the ball over?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 05:51 PM
This is a wacky topic to create. You're proud of him for not throwing an int? What exactly does that say about Eli if Giants fans are relieved/happy that he isn't turning the ball over?

There were 34 INT's thrown week 1, with two games remaining.

Yes you're damn right I am proud he's not included in that bunch.

Toadofsteel
09-10-2012, 06:02 PM
You didn't know? Eli was just traded to the Bengals for their entire O-line. Now you've doomed him to throw an interception

Laurah1275
09-10-2012, 06:46 PM

Yes you're damn right I am proud he's not included in that bunch.I feel you NYG4lifeNYK, I'm super proud too....but alas, there's no I in TEAM, blah, blah, blah...now we just need the rest of the GMEN to read from the same book Eli is.

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 06:47 PM

As long as Wednesdays performance was a source of pride for you, I'm all for it.
Most of us have slightly higher standards. Like winning a game against an inferior opponent at home with the world watching.
But your pride is comforting.

Roosevelt
09-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Very very proud of Eli.

Given my druthers I'd take the win. I'm sure Eli would too.

Roosevelt
09-10-2012, 07:04 PM

Don't forget there's quite a few rookies playing QB right now.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 07:11 PM
As long as Wednesdays performance was a source of pride for you, I'm all for it.
Most of us have slightly higher standards. Like winning a game against an inferior opponent at home with the world watching.
But your pride is comforting.
Come on man, I'm all TEAM first. I wanted NOTHING more than a win against Dallas.... or anyone.

But we didn't win and Eli performed very well and protected the ball in a week where almost every other QB didn't.

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Thank God our players don't think like some posters.

ďI think every guy in this locker room is disgusted with how we played (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/justin_tuck_disgusted_with_gia.html),Ē Tuck said, according to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. ďWith everything that was riding on that game, the first week of the season, against a division foe, a team we have a lot of history against, you want to come out and play your best game and say ĎYou beat us playing our best.í But we didnít do that. That irks me. That really bothers me.
ďConsidering the fact we had a lot of time to prepare for that team, we should have been more ready, I guess the right word is," Tuck added, per the report. "Iím not saying Dallas didnít beat us, they definitely did. They did a lot of things better than we did. But we didnít play well. In certain situations, we didnít give ourselves a chance to win the game. Thatís not to say that if we would have played well we would have won. I donít know."

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Come on man, I'm all TEAM first. I wanted NOTHING more than a win against Dallas.... or anyone.

But we didn't win and Eli performed very well and protected the ball in a week where almost every other QB didn't.
Eli didn't play "very well". He played OK. He missed a wide open Hixon for an easy TD that changed the game for the worse.
While I would agree that Eli's performance was on average somewhat better than the rest of the team, I would disagree that he played "very well".

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Just think what he would be able to do with a little time....

Drez
09-10-2012, 07:30 PM
It doesn't rightly matter if Eli cares or not if he didn't throw a pick because we still lost.

As has been said, why can't someone take a positive (and one of the few at that) away from the loss instead of being full of piss and vinegar for the week? Why can't a guy be happy that in an opening week where there were on average ~2.5 interceptions a game, that our QB didn't contribute to that total?

Drez
09-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Eli didn't play "very well". He played OK. He missed a wide open Hixon for an easy TD that changed the game for the worse.
While I would agree that Eli's performance was on average somewhat better than the rest of the team, I would disagree that he played "very well".
How did it change the game for the worse? We scored later on that drive. It did waste just over a minute, but with the way our defense was playing, I don't think that that would have mattered much.

And really? You're going to base his play off of ONE missed pass?

Drez
09-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Thank God our players don't think like some posters.

“I think every guy in this locker room is disgusted with how we played (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/justin_tuck_disgusted_with_gia.html),” Tuck said, according to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “With everything that was riding on that game, the first week of the season, against a division foe, a team we have a lot of history against, you want to come out and play your best game and say ‘You beat us playing our best.’ But we didn’t do that. That irks me. That really bothers me.
“Considering the fact we had a lot of time to prepare for that team, we should have been more ready, I guess the right word is," Tuck added, per the report. "I’m not saying Dallas didn’t beat us, they definitely did. They did a lot of things better than we did. But we didn’t play well. In certain situations, we didn’t give ourselves a chance to win the game. That’s not to say that if we would have played well we would have won. I don’t know."
So, you don't think they also go over the positive things that they did during the game in the film review?

BigBlue1971
09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
i hope Eli is outta the "pick throwing" category anyway. hes thrown too many of the years!

Drez
09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Don't forget there's quite a few rookies playing QB right now.
20.5% of the interceptions this week were thrown by Vick and Fitztragic.

Drez
09-10-2012, 07:36 PM
i hope Eli is outta the "pick throwing" category anyway. hes thrown too many of the years!Just based on our offense (vertical and complex) and Eli's "gunslinger" attitude, I think he'll be in the 13-16 pick range most years.

TextureDj
09-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Lets not forget the snap from Baas that was delivered right under C even though Eli was lined up in shotgun. As porous as the O-line was that could have been really ugly if not for the quick scoop off the turf.

Rudyy
09-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I think we can all agree that Eli was not the problem in that game.

miked1958
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Yes like Vick with 4 picks which should have been 5 and Stafford for the lions with 3 and both won their gamesFor that matter room came within a hair of throwing a Pick Six and he still won

EliDaMANning
09-10-2012, 08:56 PM
How did it change the game for the worse? We scored later on that drive. It did waste just over a minute, but with the way our defense was playing, I don't think that that would have mattered much.And really? You're going to base his play off of ONE missed pass? Clearly this person's objective is to ridicule Eli any chance he gets. Any compliment towards will make his blood boil and he will spit venom through his posts. The fact that he said an incomplete pass turned the game to the worse is jealousy, hatred and bitterness he has towards our QB. I cannot believe someone would actually use that play as some game changer. It is quite obvious this person's objective is just by that one sentence.

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 09:19 PM
How did it change the game for the worse? We scored later on that drive. It did waste just over a minute, but with the way our defense was playing, I don't think that that would have mattered much.

And really? You're going to base his play off of ONE missed pass?
I thought we kicked a FG in that drive but I could be wrong. And no...I'm not judging his play on that one miscue. I just get irritated when the play of one player seems as or more important than the fate of the team. It just irks me. Eli payed OK, but the fact that he didn't throw a pick is a tiny point. WE LOST. Thats the point.
If we played well and lost I can see taking something from that game. But we played crappy and lost. We played crappy against a team that also played pretty crappy. And we did it at home on opening day. Very little can be taken from that game as a positive except maybe that its a wake up call that every game is loseable even when you're the champs.

Morehead State
09-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Clearly this person's objective is to ridicule Eli any chance he gets. Any compliment towards will make his blood boil and he will spit venom through his posts. The fact that he said an incomplete pass turned the game to the worse is jealousy, hatred and bitterness he has towards our QB. I cannot believe someone would actually use that play as some game changer. It is quite obvious this person's objective is just by that one sentence.
Welcome to the boards. You might want to keep it a little less negative when talking about other posters here. I'm making a point about our team playing lousy and losing as a product. I don't focus on individual accomplishments in situations like that. That loss was a very bad one.
No one else has attacked me here. They may disagree but its been civil. Until your post.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Given my druthers I'd take the win. I'm sure Eli would too.

Where did I say I'd rather lose than Eli play well. Why can't we have both?

Is it really that far fetched and absurd to be proud that our QB protected the ball?

People WE LOST, get over it. I'm merely pointing out one positive from the game, why is that so hard to understand? Why is that so wrong? :confused:

Sorry for posting this jeez lol.. In no way was I implying I'm happy we lost as long as Eli played well. That's asinine lol

Giantz4Life
09-10-2012, 11:21 PM
I think it is sort of sad that people are trying to put NYG4 down for a positive post amongst the chaos going on from our loss to the Cowgirls. Obviously we would all take the W versus Eli not throwing a pick, but to try and bring someone down for pointing out a small bright spot from our loss is just childish. It is like you expect us to sulk after every loss and relentlessly criticize the Giants, and if we do not we should not be able to discuss anything the Giants did well. Obviously the goal of any NFL team is to win the game whether pretty or ugly, but to try and berate a post that relates to some kind of positivity is not cool in my book. Whatever I guess I'm a lover not a fighter.

Rudyy
09-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Y
I think it is sort of sad that people are trying to put NYG4 down for a positive post amongst the chaos going on from our loss to the Cowgirls. Obviously we would all take the W versus Eli not throwing a pick, but to try and bring someone down for pointing out a small bright spot from our loss is just childish. It is like you expect us to sulk after every loss and relentlessly criticize the Giants, and if we do not we should not be able to discuss anything the Giants did well. Obviously the goal of any NFL team is to win the game whether pretty or ugly, but to try and berate a post that relates to some kind of positivity is not cool in my book. Whatever I guess I'm a lover not a fighter. Totally agree with this, well put.

Drez
09-10-2012, 11:33 PM
I thought we kicked a FG in that drive but I could be wrong. And no...I'm not judging his play on that one miscue. I just get irritated when the play of one player seems as or more important than the fate of the team. It just irks me. Eli payed OK, but the fact that he didn't throw a pick is a tiny point. WE LOST. Thats the point.
If we played well and lost I can see taking something from that game. But we played crappy and lost. We played crappy against a team that also played pretty crappy. And we did it at home on opening day. Very little can be taken from that game as a positive except maybe that its a wake up call that every game is loseable even when you're the champs.
the FG came after the interception. The Hixon miss came on the same drive that Bennett caught the TD.

It seems he was just making a point that despite the crap job the OL was doing that Eli was still being judicious with the ball, a trait that he hasn't always shown. And even though we lost, we can at least take that one little piece of good news from it.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 11:35 PM
It's all good, we're all family here... most of us anyway ;)

No one was trying to bring anyone down, we're all just very passionate about our Giants.

Not everyone is going to agree all the time but we're all a small family with one very big common interest...no Harooni not what you're thinking :p

dmighty326
09-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Very very proud of Eli.

16 victories after the first week and not one for the Giants.
he could throw 5 in a game and as long as we win, He's MY quarterback LOL

bigblue58
09-11-2012, 12:23 AM
hey..the players union wanted and got the drastic reduction in practice time and its only taken one week of the regular season to see the chickens already coming home to roost in the form of injuries league wide and lousy defensive play.
Without the extra practices they used to have to build up endurance, the big guys on D and in the defensive secondary
are not able to make it through single quarters now without getting gassed!
Defensive players can't practice on their own anytime they want like QB's can with their receivers and the Defensive players are being left in the dust and its showing!

BeatYale
09-11-2012, 03:48 AM

To me it's more like you're acknowledging the fact that he's been a turnover machine, and you're relieved he went a game without tossing an int. Prior to this game it was mentioned that Eli has more turnovers than anyone else in the league over the past 3 seasons. Based on how his career has been thus far, including last season, it's out of the ordinary for him to not throw an interception during a game.

I feel like you're reaching big time in attempt to praise him when he really doesn't deserve it for last weeks game. Of course you won't mention the bad throw to Hixon. Us Giants fans of all people should know that a single play can change the outcome of the game.

Drez
09-11-2012, 06:13 AM
To me it's more like you're acknowledging the fact that he's been a turnover machine, and you're relieved he went a game without tossing an int. Prior to this game it was mentioned that Eli has more turnovers than anyone else in the league over the past 3 seasons. Based on how his career has been thus far, including last season, it's out of the ordinary for him to not throw an interception during a game.

I feel like you're reaching big time in attempt to praise him when he really doesn't deserve it for last weeks game. Of course you won't mention the bad throw to Hixon. Us Giants fans of all people should know that a single play can change the outcome of the game.
And the throw to Hixon wasn't one of them.

Imgrate
09-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Out of all the fumbles in week one, not one of them was by Ahmad Bradshaw!

Out of all the players that dropped a ball in week 1, not one of them was Hakeem nicks!

Tons of stupid "positive" threads can be made. But because its about Eli, people will defend it. While the non crazies will realize how useless of a thread it truly is.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 08:46 AM

Out of all the players that dropped a ball in week 1, not one of them was Hakeem nicks!

Tons of stupid "positive" threads can be made. But because its about Eli, people will defend it. While the non crazies will realize how useless of a thread it truly is.
Gotta agree with you on that one Lawl.

byron
09-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Gotta agree with you on that one Lawl. and we're all posting this morning "so we're still alive" !!

Roosevelt
09-11-2012, 11:33 AM

^ This .

jimsgints
09-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Very very proud of Eli.

Good post..

njsean
09-11-2012, 12:20 PM

100% this.

My god, what an awful thread. Prasing this meaningless stat celebrates nothing and, at worst, reeks of insecurity and concern about other fans' perception of Eli. Nothing more.

And at best, it's a back-handed compliment.

burier
09-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks for letting me know what I 'Would have done". I don't even know what I would have said, how is it that a guy who only knows me as a collection of blips on a computer screen seems to have all this insight.
We lost. It was a lousy performance by both the offense and defense. Eli played OK but he didn't play all that well either. The entire team was flat. This wasn't a good performane where "someone had to lose". Dallas didn't play all that well either. Especially with penalties. It wasn't a game to be "proud" of anyone.
It just doesn't make sense to me. If it does to you then I guess everybody wins.

I think you would have said something close to the quoted based on the trends of your "collection of blips".

I think since Eli is still referred to in some circles as a "Turnover Machine" it isn't completely out of bounds to point out that he didn't turn the ball over despite the rest of the team rolling over and dying around him in the name of optimism.

Also you say Eli played OK but I say he played well enough to win if only he could have gotten some help. It was almost a forgone conclusion that if the Giants get that last stop the game was going to overtime.

But the point is...while everyone is bumbed about a loss...whats so bad about someone pointing out something posititve? If you want to say that Nicks didn't have a drop or that Bradshaw didn't fumble....I think those are valid positives as well.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 01:58 PM
I think you would have said something close to the quoted based on the trends of your "collection of blips".

I think since Eli is still referred to in some circles as a "Turnover Machine" it isn't completely out of bounds to point out that he didn't turn the ball over despite the rest of the team rolling over and dying around him in the name of optimism.

Also you say Eli played OK but I say he played well enough to win if only he could have gotten some help. It was almost a forgone conclusion that if the Giants get that last stop the game was going to overtime.

But the point is...while everyone is bumbed about a loss...whats so bad about someone pointing out something posititve? If you want to say that Nicks didn't have a drop or that Bradshaw didn't fumble....I think those are valid positives as well.
I have never complained about my QB after a loss. At least not since the 2007 Buffalo game. I complained after the 2010 season and then it was in response to some of these silly fans. It just irks me with these guys who put Eli in front of the team. Especially the OP and 420. Now they both seem like nice guys but they are so preoccupied with Eli, that the team seems to come second. So I tend not to let those kinds of comments go unchallenged. My problem is not with Eli, its with the attitude of some of these posters. Eli proved his ability to be a big time QB last season, and it would take a huge regression for me to complain about him. My obsession is with the New York Football Giants. No matter who is the QB. But the cultists? Geez they drive me nuts!

burier
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I have never complained about my QB after a loss. At least not since the 2007 Buffalo game. I complained after the 2010 season and then it was in response to some of these silly fans. It just irks me with these guys who put Eli in front of the team. Especially the OP and 420. Now they both seem like nice guys but they are so preoccupied with Eli, that the team seems to come second. So I tend not to let those kinds of comments go unchallenged. My problem is not with Eli, its with the attitude of some of these posters. Eli proved his ability to be a big time QB last season, and it would take a huge regression for me to complain about him. My obsession is with the New York Football Giants. No matter who is the QB. But the cultists? Geez they drive me nuts!

I actually see where you're coming from. But its not unheard of for fans become fanatics when it comes to certain players. It really comes with the territory.

You think there aren't Pats fan who won't shut up about Tom Brady, Or Aaron Rogers, Or Rivers or Breese or Romo...Whatever. Some fans really love their quarterbacks. I don't really see anything wrong with that.

For Giants fans you have to remember alot of us are too young for Simms and if we're old enough for Simms we remember that he wasn't exactly mr popular.

Dave Brown (Dave Brown is my favorite because if we really needed a drive it was almost guaranteed that he would fumble or get picked off) and Tommy Maddox and Kent Graham and Danny Kannel and Kerry Collins have really stoked the fire for Giants fans to really get behind Eli.

Maybe cut us a little slack. Its been a while.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 02:43 PM
I actually see where you're coming from. But its not unheard of for fans become fanatics when it comes to certain players. It really comes with the territory.

You think there aren't Pats fan who won't shut up about Tom Brady, Or Aaron Rogers, Or Rivers or Breese or Romo...Whatever. Some fans really love their quarterbacks. I don't really see anything wrong with that.

For Giants fans you have to remember alot of us are too young for Simms and if we're old enough for Simms we remember that he wasn't exactly mr popular.

Dave Brown (Dave Brown is my favorite because if we really needed a drive it was almost guaranteed that he would fumble or get picked off) and Tommy Maddox and Kent Graham and Danny Kannel and Kerry Collins have really stoked the fire for Giants fans to really get behind Eli.

Maybe cut us a little slack. Its been a while.

Well here's the difference. Being attacked and called every name in the book if you dare to point out his shortcomings. Even last night some dope went after me in this thread. It never ends and it won't go unchallenged by me. I suppose thats a flaw on my part. I will speak out on this.

Roosevelt
09-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Where did I say I'd rather lose than Eli play well. Why can't we have both?

Is it really that far fetched and absurd to be proud that our QB protected the ball?

People WE LOST, get over it. I'm merely pointing out one positive from the game, why is that so hard to understand? Why is that so wrong? :confused:

Sorry for posting this jeez lol.. In no way was I implying I'm happy we lost as long as Eli played well. That's asinine lol

You came away from that game proud that Eli didn't throw a pick, while most came away disappointed in the loss.

It's difficult to fathom the preoccupation and obsession with our quarterback. Sure, Eli is a likable guy, but this just seems unhealthy, unnatural, and irrelevant. It's not as if you were acknowledging his overall game, despite the losing effort. You zoned in on interceptions as if that measure alone should make us all feel better.

Eli is a 2x Super Bowl MVP in his 8th year. Isn't it only logical to expect him to protect the ball, especially in game one? Who was it that said "when you get into the end-zone, act like you've been there before?"

Robert21156
09-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Uh, I don't believe the "miss" to Hixon changed the game much. I believe we did score a couple of minutes later on the same drive, so yes, it cost us a couple of minutes of clock time. However, we did have time to stop the Cowboys, but did you really ever believe we would? So Eli was 21 of 32, and probably without at least 4 drops would have been 25 of 32, or 78%. Would that have made it "played very well"? I sure think so. Everyone knows Eli doesn't have a lot of escapability, but our o-line has gone to total crap in 2 years, yet we've done very little about it. Eli played well last year, and a lot of his success was because our receivers caught the ball better than in prior years.

Morehead State
09-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Uh, I don't believe the "miss" to Hixon changed the game much. I believe we did score a couple of minutes later on the same drive, so yes, it cost us a couple of minutes of clock time. However, we did have time to stop the Cowboys, but did you really ever believe we would? So Eli was 21 of 32, and probably without at least 4 drops would have been 25 of 32, or 78%. Would that have made it "played very well"? I sure think so. Everyone knows Eli doesn't have a lot of escapability, but our o-line has gone to total crap in 2 years, yet we've done very little about it. Eli played well last year, and a lot of his success was because our receivers caught the ball better than in prior years.
Your original point has been covered.
Secondly, you are using stats to describe Eli's play, which I thought was fine. It wasn't "very good" in my view but it was certainly unrelated to the loss.
And as you said, our O line is weak and yet Eli had his best year ever last season. You say Eli played very well. I say he played great last year. Great pocket presence and great leadership.
My point is that the entire team lost. We played a poor game on both offense and defense. Its a team loss here.

MattMeyerBud
09-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Well here's the difference. Being attacked and called every name in the book if you dare to point out his shortcomings. Even last night some dope went after me in this thread. It never ends and it won't go unchallenged by me. I suppose thats a flaw on my part. I will speak out on this.

Moorhead is a rivers fan, don't listen to him

Robert21156
09-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Your original point has been covered.
Secondly, you are using stats to describe Eli's play, which I thought was fine. It wasn't "very good" in my view but it was certainly unrelated to the loss.
And as you said, our O line is weak and yet Eli had his best year ever last season. You say Eli played very well. I say he played great last year. Great pocket presence and great leadership.
My point is that the entire team lost. We played a poor game on both offense and defense. Its a team loss here.
No doubt you are correct it was a team loss. However, you tend to show your bias against Eli with how you "remembered" that Eli's overthrow to Hixon
"changed the game for the worse", when others and I pointed out that we did score on that same drive a couple of minutes later. I'm not an Eli homer, but he does his part and more toward the team's ultimate success. Also please let us all know the next time Eli has a clean pocket that he can actually step up into and make a throw (I saw several QB's who enjoyed such a pocket Sunday). It happens about as often as an eclipse. He likely does need a little
better protection than several other QB's, but it looks like he's not going to get it this year.

MattMeyerBud
09-11-2012, 11:33 PM
No doubt you are correct it was a team loss. However, you tend to show your bias against Eli with how you "remembered" that Eli's overthrow to Hixon
"changed the game for the worse", when others and I pointed out that we did score on that same drive a couple of minutes later. I'm not an Eli homer, but he does his part and more toward the team's ultimate success. Also please let us all know the next time Eli has a clean pocket that he can actually step up into and make a throw (I saw several QB's who enjoyed such a pocket Sunday). It happens about as often as an eclipse. He likely does need a little
better protection than several other QB's, but it looks like he's not going to get it this year.

In mooreheads defense, the minute that ran off the game clock could of made the difference.

BurnerNYG
09-11-2012, 11:35 PM
This guy put out some bait to see who bites and you all fell into his trap.

Roosevelt
09-11-2012, 11:40 PM

Pointing out a miscue does not indicate bias in itself. Eli played well but he is human despite what his faithful tell you.

As for your request, Eli had a "clean pocket" on a free play and checked down instead of taking a shot down field. Explain?

giantsfan420
09-11-2012, 11:49 PM
easily. he could have not been 100% sure the ref threw the flag. the refs missed blatant in ur face call when they had that 3rd and goal. i believe he looked to see if the side judge threw the flag for a split second and thought he wasnt gonna throw it. and even further, how is eli htting cruz for 10 yds bad again? even with a "free shot downfield"? and that was a clean pocket now too? i guess we differ on the definition.

Now, lets see the response. Did I call u any names? am I a homer now? i am just saying, i was answering ur question. i dont have an opinion on whatever it is u guys are debatng

Roosevelt
09-11-2012, 11:58 PM
easily. he could have not been 100% sure the ref threw the flag. the refs missed blatant in ur face call when they had that 3rd and goal. i believe he looked to see if the side judge threw the flag for a split second and thought he wasnt gonna throw it. and even further, how is eli htting cruz for 10 yds bad again? even with a "free shot downfield"? and that was a clean pocket now too? i guess we differ on the definition.

Now, lets see the response. Did I call u any names? am I a homer now? i am just saying, i was answering ur question. i dont have an opinion on whatever it is u guys are debatng

You are absolutely correct, he might not have known it was a free play, and that would make total sense in his decision making.

But most QB's have a sense of what's going on, and I would think a student of the game (like Eli) would know the exact situation.

I don't need to tell you that checking down to Cruz was not taking full advantage of the situation.

Eli is a smart QB. I fully expect him to take advantage of that next time.

Robert21156
09-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Pointing out a miscue does not indicate bias in itself. Eli played well but he is human despite what his faithful tell you.

As for your request, Eli had a "clean pocket" on a free play and checked down instead of taking a shot down field. Explain?
A "clean pocket" I have in mind is "u" shaped where Eli can step up and throw. I almost NEVER see that with our line. Maybe you saw it on one play. Sure we all recognize Eli's overthrow to Hixon, but I don't remember it as "changing the game for the worse" since we did score. If you were one of the true believers who thought we could actually stop the Cowboys at any time in the second half, then the exra minute or so COULD have impacted the game. But alas, we were hopeless to stop their final clock-killing drive. I will say this - I'd imagine that Eli would rather throw against our secondary than the Cowboys right now. Corey Webster is our "lock-down" corner??? He's serviceable and nothing more. We need Prince(ss) to step it up big time and it would be nice to get some positives from Hosley soon as well.

giantsfan420
09-12-2012, 12:41 AM
You are absolutely correct, he might not have known it was a free play, and that would make total sense in his decision making.

But most QB's have a sense of what's going on, and I would think a student of the game (like Eli) would know the exact situation.

I don't need to tell you that checking down to Cruz was not taking full advantage of the situation.

Eli is a smart QB. I fully expect him to take advantage of that next time.

oh i agree 1000% IF eli knew it was an offsides. watch the replay of that play if u can. from the tv perspective lol i know that sounds idiotic, but i swear i can see eli turn his helmet to the side judge for a split second i really do. and i dont think eli thought it was a free play.

however, i will say this, i find it odd that eli has in the past not really tried to take advantage of the offised either. with his cadence we get offsides a lot but i cant remember him evern goin deep on one really...but i do also remember times eli got someone to jump and the flag wasnt thrown and eli did go downfield and we had to punt bc it was not called...

edit- and i guess what i was trying to say is that no student of the game, not even peyton, can account for whether the replacement refs will see it or not. they did miss that hold n cruz earlier. it wasnt that he didnt know if the guy jumped, it was if he knew the ref was gonna flag it...

Morehead State
09-12-2012, 01:49 PM

I have no bias against Eli. Thats complete crap. I've said that he had a lousy 2010 and that he needed to protect the ball better, which he did last season. Not only that, he was calmer and more agile in the pocket last year as well.
This nonsense that I don't like Eli is just that. BUT I do have a problem with these posters who attack other posters for daring to point out a bad play by Eli or a shortcoming in his game.

And as has been repeated now for the third time,, I thought we kicked a FG on that drive. I already admitted that is didn't remember that correctly.

Roosevelt
09-12-2012, 01:57 PM
A "clean pocket" I have in mind is "u" shaped where Eli can step up and throw. I almost NEVER see that with our line. Maybe you saw it on one play. Sure we all recognize Eli's overthrow to Hixon, but I don't remember it as "changing the game for the worse" since we did score. If you were one of the true believers who thought we could actually stop the Cowboys at any time in the second half, then the exra minute or so COULD have impacted the game. But alas, we were hopeless to stop their final clock-killing drive. I will say this - I'd imagine that Eli would rather throw against our secondary than the Cowboys right now. Corey Webster is our "lock-down" corner??? He's serviceable and nothing more. We need Prince(ss) to step it up big time and it would be nice to get some positives from Hosley soon as well.

It's easy to pinpoint one bad play by any of our players during a game. And I don't believe doing so is biased is all I'm saying. I'm sure all these critical observations we make are in fact coaching points.

But in this case MH was simply countering the OP's topic by suggesting he look at the bigger picture, which I happen to agree with.

Morehead State
09-12-2012, 02:01 PM
It's easy to pinpoint one bad play by any of our players during a game. And I don't believe doing so is biased is all I'm saying. I'm sure all these critical observations we make are in fact coaching points.

But in this case MH was simply countering the OP's topic by suggesting he look at the bigger picture, which I happen to agree with.
Just seems silly to be "proud" of our QB in a horrible loss because of a statistical technicality.

Roosevelt
09-12-2012, 02:06 PM
oh i agree 1000% IF eli knew it was an offsides. watch the replay of that play if u can. from the tv perspective lol i know that sounds idiotic, but i swear i can see eli turn his helmet to the side judge for a split second i really do. and i dont think eli thought it was a free play.

however, i will say this, i find it odd that eli has in the past not really tried to take advantage of the offised either. with his cadence we get offsides a lot but i cant remember him evern goin deep on one really...but i do also remember times eli got someone to jump and the flag wasnt thrown and eli did go downfield and we had to punt bc it was not called...

edit- and i guess what i was trying to say is that no student of the game, not even peyton, can account for whether the replacement refs will see it or not. they did miss that hold n cruz earlier. it wasnt that he didnt know if the guy jumped, it was if he knew the ref was gonna flag it...

I just changed TV providers so I no longer have the game. But I'll take your word for it.

And I agree, taking advantage of the offsides is not something we've done with Eli. I'm assuming they have not coached it. Parcells' teams coached it. Another difference with Parcells is we always took a shot immediately after a turnover or a big special teams play - to "step on their throat" while the opponent is reeling. We don't do that. It truly angers me when we come out running after a turnover.

Roosevelt
09-12-2012, 02:06 PM
No doubt.