PDA

View Full Version : Justin Tuck "disgusted" with Giants' season opening loss to Dallas

RoanokeFan
09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Justin Tuck "disgusted" with Giants' season opening loss to Dallas

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/justin_tuck_disgusted_with_gia.html

Excerpt: "The Giants got back to work today after a three-day weekend off. The time away didn't do much to lessen their dissatisfaction over theirseason-opening 24-17 loss to the Cowboys last Wednesday (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_fall_to_dallas_cowboys.html).
I think every guy in this locker room is disgusted with how we played, Justin Tuck said today.

The defensive captain said fatigue was not a factor and the energy was good. But he said the execution was poor. He was disappointed to see that in a Week 1 game against a familiar NFC East rival." Read more...

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Talk is cheap. Let's see how much it really bothered them this week.

Moke
09-10-2012, 02:19 PM
I like that Justin Tuck can be vocal about it. I am glad that this team wasn't happy with their performance. Go out there and beat Tampa next weekend guys!

GiantWarfare
09-10-2012, 02:20 PM
blah blah blah Tuck. Let's stick to you and crew showing up this week and walking the walk.

burier
09-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Tuck needs to speak for himself. He should be disgusted at how he played as an indivisual. He should be disgusted at how during a key defensive possession he was on the sideline chewing his mouth peice looking like someone just stole his damn bike.

Leadership happens on the field of play. Not by mumbling to the media.

B-Red22
09-10-2012, 02:30 PM
He should be disgusted in himself, he did nothing against Dallas

B-Red22
09-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Tuck needs to speak for himself. He should be disgusted at how he played as an indivisual. He should be disgusted at how during a key defensive possession he was on the sideline chewing his mouth peice looking like someone just stole his damn bike.

very well said my friend

Moke
09-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Kind words to Mr. Tuck coming from the "greatest" fans.

GameTime
09-10-2012, 02:38 PM
oh stop some you guys...
you make it sound like Tuck took himself out of the game and didnt give a **** about anything...
Tuck says somthting to the media and some of you have all the answers.
What would you have liked Tuck to say??
He didnt have a good game...BFD.....
move one and get over it

sharick88
09-10-2012, 02:40 PM
I appreciate his accountability in that loss. Honestly, he did next to nothing that game. I did not hear his name called one time. I hope he makes it his personal mission to be a huge factor on Sunday.

jomo
09-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Quite sure that they will respond the right way the week-end.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
I find it hard to believe that our healthy front 4 guys with the exception of JPP were pretty much non-existent against the cowpokes O-line. We had better games last year when we were plagued with injuries! I appreciate Tuck stating he is disgusted, but until I see improvement during the Regular season I am a firm believer in the "talk " is cheap saying.

We played better during the pre-season and that doesnt count for crap.

thomsoad
09-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Im still waiting for the much anticipated "We got kocky" comment from Osi. Sorry...backflashing to the Sherman year.

GameTime
09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
talk is cheap and he has said that many times.
But what would you like him to say to the media????

Redeyejedi
09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Yawn the talking agian. Just play with the desperation that U had in the playoffs and everything will be fine. This Giant team just doesnt seem to fight until they are pushed into the corner without anywhere to go

BklynBlue
09-10-2012, 03:19 PM

Excerpt: "The Giants got back to work today after a three-day weekend off. The time away didn't do much to lessen their dissatisfaction over theirseason-opening 24-17 loss to the Cowboys last Wednesday (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_fall_to_dallas_cowboys.html).
I think every guy in this locker room is disgusted with how we played, Justin Tuck said today.

The defensive captain said fatigue was not a factor and the energy was good. But he said the execution was poor. He was disappointed to see that in a Week 1 game against a familiar NFC East rival." Read more...

I was disgusted with his and Osi's play against the Cowboys myself.

Sm0key11
09-10-2012, 03:19 PM

True Indeed...
(Nice "Love Jones" Reference...)

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Oh please Tuck and some of you need to understand that there are going to be high scoring games when the defense can't do that much. The Steelers and other teams defenses didn't do better. Check the scores around the NFL.

burier
09-10-2012, 03:29 PM
talk is cheap and he has said that many times.
But what would you like him to say to the media????

Maybe he could take responsibility for how the he played as a leader and not evoke the thought of TEAM in this case. I mean he doesn't have a problem insinuating that HE should have won an INDIVISUAL MVP award but when he plays like crap he suddenly turns french. We We We.

sharick88
09-10-2012, 03:30 PM
I may be in the minority, but I was more upset with the offense's slow start than the defensive effort. We show up offensively in the first half, we win that game going away

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 03:30 PM
This is unfortunately becoming a recurring theme with Justin every year........he has to be talked off the ledge

He needs to perform, then talk

Once again it seems we lack leadership and Coughlin is not able to motivate the team in non-critical games.........San Fran does not suffer from this lamaise, nor does the green team down the hall.......they may be less talented but they show up every week

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 03:32 PM
That's also why I get disgusted when they start talking. These things happen, it stinks, but it happens. Just don't talk smack, then get smacked around, and then have to say you where disgusted.

burier
09-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I may be in the minority, but I was more upset with the offense's slow start than the defensive effort. We show up offensively in the first half, we win that game going away

But think about this. A rookie turned the ball over while we were scoring position and we had a bunch of drive ending drops. Anomoly type things that we know won't happen every week. Its hard to harp on freak stuff like that. But when your defense can't get off the field despite the refs calling the Cowboys for holding on damn near every other play it is concerning. Especially when you think about where we ranked on D last year. This could be an ongoing issue much like it was last season.

We know Victor Cruz isn't going to keep dropping passes like that...But the Defense is another story.

PS: Then the D couldn't get a stop at the end of the game thus nullifying our offense's most dazling feature: To go down and score in the final moments.

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Jeez, you guys are tough on a guy who was KEY for 2 superbowl wins in the past 4 years...

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I may be in the minority, but I was more upset with the offense's slow start than the defensive effort. We show up offensively in the first half, we win that game going awayI know what you mean but our Nicks wasn't 100 percent and Hixon may be rusty. Giants have to mold to wrs Barden and Reuben who may also be rusty. Then again, Dallas cbs did a good number on our boys.

BMW
09-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Talk is cheap.

Giantz4Life
09-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm with the majority here. Lord knows I love me some Tuck, but I just cannot help but be frustrated by his ability to be invisible sometimes.

I'm really hoping he backs it up and plans to go down to Tampa and make a statement.

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 04:02 PM
DC's can plan games for certain players you know and what about Osi? He has more money more than Tuck and Osi did nothing.

burier
09-10-2012, 04:06 PM
DC's can plan games for certain players you know and what about Osi? He has more money more than Tuck and Osi did nothing.

So the Cowboys didn't do anything special to stop Tuck and if teams are going to gameplan for one of our lineman its gonna be Jason Voorhees not Justin Tuck.

Osi was invisible too but he's not the defensive leader either. Can't point to indians to explain the absence of the chief.

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 04:11 PM
So the Cowboys didn't do anything special to stop Tuck and if teams are going to gameplan for one of our lineman its gonna be Jason Voorhees not Justin Tuck.

Osi was invisible too but he's not the defensive leader either. Can't point to indians to explain the absence of the chief.Why not for Tuck? All these guys blaming him like he is a real good player so Dallas DC must think so too right? Yes Osi was invisible but he is also one demensional and there are O-linemen who can handle him just like some players can handle Tuck..

miked1958
09-10-2012, 04:25 PM

Wait, did Tuck and OSI play in that Game??? I figured they were inactive cause i didnt hear their names called once all day

DemandedAce
09-10-2012, 04:27 PM
I appreciate his accountability in that loss. Honestly, he did next to nothing that game. I did not hear his name called one time. I hope he makes it his personal mission to be a huge factor on Sunday.

I heard his name.. "Tuck and Kiwanuka have Murray bottled up behind the line but Murray breaks AWAY HE'S DOWN THE SIDELINE AT THE FORTY, THE THIRTY..."

Lol sad but true, let's pray for better health and execution this week

FBomb
09-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm sure it's been said a thousand times already, but Good....he should be!! So were we!! Not that Tuck was anywhere near the top of the "Culprit" list, I would just be overall ashamed. Now show me something rather than ***** and moan. Play Like Crazed Dogs!!!!

Diamondring
09-10-2012, 04:30 PM
I heard his name.. "Tuck and Kiwanuka have Murray bottled up behind the line but Murray breaks AWAY HE'S DOWN THE SIDELINE AT THE FORTY, THE THIRTY..."

Lol sad but true, let's pray for better health and execution this weekI hate it but can't help it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

burier
09-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Why not for Tuck? All these guys blaming him like he is a real good player so Dallas DC must think so too right? Yes Osi was invisible but he is also one demensional and there are O-linemen who can handle him just like some players can handle Tuck..

Its one thing to get handled its another thing to get manhandled and thrown out the game. Because of what JPP is Tuck's numbers should be through the roof.

Now Tuck playing poor doesn't excuse Osi playing poor and if Osi made the quote I'd be saying something similar in that case aswell. I just think as a leader you fall on the sword when you play poorly. You don't sit there and point out that other people played poorly.

shockeyisjesus
09-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Tuck honestly hasn't been elite in a long time. He's actually only even been good in a few games the last few years. He disappears far too often.

Stop making Subway commercials and get in the weight room and get into prime shape because right now, Tuck just isn't good enough. He's supposed to be a leader and a captain, right now, he's neither.

He ALWAYS talks the talk but he just isn't walking the walk anymore. Strahan was the man until the day he retired. Tuck has A LOT to learn.

G-MENBK
09-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Tuck honestly hasn't been elite in a long time. He's actually only even been good in a few games the last few years. He disappears far too often.

Stop making Subway commercials and get in the weight room and get into prime shape because right now, Tuck just isn't good enough. He's supposed to be a leader and a captain, right now, he's neither.

He ALWAYS talks the talk but he just isn't walking the walk anymore. Strahan was the man until the day he retired. Tuck has A LOT to learn.

Hate to say it but sad but true.

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 05:01 PM
um, maybe we're looking at this wrong. maybe he was asked how he felt...I sure felt digusted after that loss. are we really hating on him bc he said he was disgusted? yeah, he hasn't been elite since before last season...does that mean he should be fine with how the D played? Nah, no issue here. Guy said he felt disgusted because he should feel disgusted.

CowboysSuck
09-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Coughlin should tell Tuck what he tells other teams. Talk is cheap play the game.

This isn't the first time Justin has been invisible in his career..not a good trend from our defensive Captain.

Roosevelt
09-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Talk is cheap. Let's see how much it really bothered them this week.

Exactly. Just do your talking on the field.

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
As is everyone....

GameTime
09-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Maybe he could take responsibility for how the he played as a leader and not evoke the thought of TEAM in this case. I mean he doesn't have a problem insinuating that HE should have won an INDIVISUAL MVP award but when he plays like crap he suddenly turns french. We We We.
oh stop.....
I bet you werent to annoyed when he was pumping the team up before the super bowl. Tuck takes accountability for himself. he did all last season....
And he is right....the whole defense did stink.....himself included right...he does play on the defense the last time checked...

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 08:39 PM

has not been himself since that fat slob leg whipped him and he tore a larbum in his shoulder

3504spd
09-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Still got that game check though ..........

ELI_Iz_God
09-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Its one thing to get handled its another thing to get manhandled and thrown out the game. Because of what JPP is Tuck's numbers should be through the roof.

Now Tuck playing poor doesn't excuse Osi playing poor and if Osi made the quote I'd be saying something similar in that case aswell. I just think as a leader you fall on the sword when you play poorly. You don't sit there and point out that other people played poorly.

Tuck needs to pull his head out of his ***. All that talk before the season even started..and I quote "Talk is Cheap, Play the Game" I guess Tuck forgot the second part of that phrase. Being Captain means bring it Every Season...,Every week...Every Game....EVERY SNAP. JPP brought it all game long but sometimes, even though he creates the initial pressure, someone else needs to swoop in and close the deal. It's like JPP was by himself out there.

I've been thinking a lot lately..that maybe ...just maybe the wrong person is wearing that "C" patch...Real talk

GameTime
09-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Tuck needs to pull his head out of his ***. All that talk before the season even started..and I quote "Talk is Cheap, Play the Game" I guess Tuck forgot the second part of that phrase. Being Captain means bring it Every Season...,Every week...Every Game....EVERY SNAP. JPP brought it all game long but sometimes, even though he creates the initial pressure, someone else needs to swoop in and close the deal. It's like JPP was by himself out there.

I've been thinking a lot lately..that maybe ...just maybe the wrong person is wearing that "C" patch...Real talk
Whats the matter....you never had a bad day at work???

ELI_Iz_God
09-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Whats the matter....you never had a bad day at work???

Bad day at work? Sure I have..

I can also tell the difference between a "Bad day" and a plain lack of effort..Can you?

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-11-2012, 02:44 AM
And he should be.

Diamondring
09-11-2012, 04:56 AM

I can also tell the difference between a "Bad day" and a plain lack of effort..Can you?Tuck does not only try and sack the qb but also tries to stop the run. Most DE's use technique that are able to see what the offense is about to do. Strahan was the type who can run around defenders or go through them. Tuck can do the same but all they have to do is take him out of the game by doubling him or put a guy on him who can take care of him. They did that with Osi. Now Fewell needs to blitz zometimes so that Romo don't have room to rome. He gets that and a lot of DE's can;t catch him.

I want schemes from Fewel that can help some of our DE to come unblocked and we don't have that.

GameTime
09-11-2012, 06:34 AM

I can also tell the difference between a "Bad day" and a plain lack of effort..Can you?
yeah....some days I lack effort at work too. Chill out. Its not like Tuck has sucked for years and years....
geeze...

Buddy333
09-11-2012, 07:41 AM
All players have an off day. I have always been a fan of Tuck. The thing that bothered me was that it seemed like he and others started o talk more this off season. I'd rather they just avoided the talk. Also, if you have a bad day fine. Honestly he probably saw what the secondary was doing and felt disgusted. Just don't like the look he had on the sideline with a lot of time on the clock. He looked defeated already.

BillTheGreek
09-11-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm not giving up on Tuck one bit on Defense ! We absolutely need him there !
But I would like to see him Play a few plays on Offense, maybe he can show the
guys on the OL how to play football ! NOT lol.........I am dead serious .

nycisgreat
09-11-2012, 10:28 AM

"Talk is cheap. Play the Game." Tom Coughlin. JT has to let his play do the talking. I think it would be common sense to not be upset about what happened last Wednesday night.

burier
09-11-2012, 12:56 PM
oh stop.....
I bet you werent to annoyed when he was pumping the team up before the super bowl. Tuck takes accountability for himself. he did all last season....
And he is right....the whole defense did stink.....himself included right...he does play on the defense the last time checked...

I dont care about him pumping the team up. Anyone will tell you that's more for the camera than anything else and you have a little more credibility to pump someone up when everyone knows you're going to bring it every week. If its between him making plays and pumping the team up I'll take the plays.

Lets be honest. in 07 he had one game where he lined up against slow guards and dominated and he's been trying and mostly failing to live up to that hype ever since.

You guys see Tuck and still see him sacking Brady in the Superbowl 5 years ago.

I see a guy that had to be BEGGED to take a leadership role after Stra Retired.

I see a guy who comes out of games at the wrong time on weekly basis.

I see a guy who literally took a 6 week vacation in the middle of the year because his groin hurt.

And when he came back he had be pep talked into performing.

We make a run for the Superbowl and all is forgiven but here we are in a new season and its the same thing out of this guy....Disapears.

Since we failed to trade him we need him to perform and if he can't lead by example he should stop trying to lead with his mouth.

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm glad he said this, this is what he should say, they all lost as a team and he is the captain of the defense he's speaking for all of them, but I hope for his sake and the team's that they come out and put a hurting on TB. cause with our schedule this is a must win game.

DandyDon
09-11-2012, 01:06 PM

I'm a big Tuck fan, but I was amazed to see him on the sideline during that Cowboys drive. Everybody needs a blow now and then but WTF?

Redeyejedi
09-11-2012, 01:46 PM
I didnt think they played that well but Dallas has a good Offense and I expect to win if they score 24

GameTime
09-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I dont care about him pumping the team up. Anyone will tell you that's more for the camera than anything else and you have a little more credibility to pump someone up when everyone knows you're going to bring it every week. If its between him making plays and pumping the team up I'll take the plays.

Lets be honest. in 07 he had one game where he lined up against slow guards and dominated and he's been trying and mostly failing to live up to that hype ever since.

You guys see Tuck and still see him sacking Brady in the Superbowl 5 years ago.

I see a guy that had to be BEGGED to take a leadership role after Stra Retired.

I see a guy who comes out of games at the wrong time on weekly basis.

I see a guy who literally took a 6 week vacation in the middle of the year because his groin hurt.

And when he came back he had be pep talked into performing.

We make a run for the Superbowl and all is forgiven but here we are in a new season and its the same thing out of this guy....Disapears.

Since we failed to trade him we need him to perform and if he can't lead by example he should stop trying to lead with his mouth.
if I am not mistaken the Cowboys game was the first game of the season. So to say he disappearing for a new season is a joke. You are over reacting to one bad game. But that your opnion and you are certainly entitled to it.

ingoodshape
09-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Tuck did not even show up ................ he sure is no Strehan

ingoodshape
09-11-2012, 08:39 PM
and Tuck is healthy as well no excuse !

Tmurda1984
09-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Tuck should be disgusted that he's always on the sideline during our defense's most crucial moments. Its amazing that Tuck could not missed time over a sore neck, and couldnt even dress up letting a rookie (JPP) and Tollefson play. We had soo many injuries during that time last year and he could not contribute. I sick of calling this softie a leader, all he does is run his mouth.

NYGabriel
09-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I was disgusted too.