PDA

View Full Version : I'm guessing Jack Del Rio is our DC in 2012 if Fewell is canned

JMFP2
12-15-2011, 04:21 PM
He'd make the ideal DC: long time player, had great success with the Ravens (LB Coach) and Panthers (DC when Panthers were solid)....and already has gone through his head coaching shot with Jacksonville.

The only question is whether Fewell keeps his job...but if not, this one seems like a no-brainer.

GMENAGAIN
12-15-2011, 04:23 PM
That's exactly what we need . . . a coach that was fired for being lazy.

JMFP2
12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
That's exactly what we need . . . a coach that was fired for being lazy.* *

Really? You think he was dogging it?

Pakman
12-15-2011, 04:29 PM
That's exactly what we need . . . a coach that was fired for being lazy.

Some guys are not going to be great HC's. Wade sucked as a HC but look what he did to the worst secondary in the leage last year..with the Texans.

GMENAGAIN
12-15-2011, 04:31 PM
That's exactly what we need . . . a coach that was fired for being lazy. Really? You think he was dogging it?</P>

That's what was reported . . . . that after he got his big deal he basically became a 9 to 5er, which teed off a lot of people in the organization. </P>

JMFP2
12-15-2011, 04:40 PM
That's exactly what we need . . . a coach that was fired for being lazy.* * Really? You think he was dogging it?</P>

That's what was reported . . . . that after he got his big deal he basically became a 9 to 5er, which teed off a lot of people in the organization.* </P>

Pretty surprising, always thought he had a good work ethic.

Let me also say that my first choice is Spags, but I see him staying at St Louis or going back to Philly.

Vtgmenfan89
12-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Might give him extra motivation to really bring it with another team as a coordinator. Like someone else mentioned above, not all coaches/coordinators turn into good HC's. Wade Phillips being an excellent example with what he's done in Houston.

Anyone know what kind of system he tends to run? If it's more press man blitzes similar to Spags then I'd be in. I think that's the type of coordinator we need. Enough of this soft zone cover 2 bull****, it does NOT fit our personnel

Kruunch
12-15-2011, 05:11 PM
That's exactly what we need . . . a coach that was fired for being lazy.* * Really? You think he was dogging it?</P>

That's what was reported . . . . that after he got his big deal he basically became a 9 to 5er, which teed off a lot of people in the organization.* </P>

Wonder if that had anything to do with the sale of the club going on behind the scenes?

Either way, I thought Jack might make a good DC somewhere but yeah I wouldn't want him if that was his attitude (whatever the provocation).

burier
12-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Del Rio is too big a name for the Giants.

We'll just promote the waterboy.

BlueSanta
12-15-2011, 05:33 PM
That's exactly what we need . . . a coach that was fired for being lazy. Really? You think he was dogging it?</p>

That's what was reported . . . . that after he got his big deal he basically became a 9 to 5er, which teed off a lot of people in the organization. </p>
I read those reports, they are ambiguous and contain no quotes from anyone even remotely close to the organization.

He is a brilliant defensive coach. The Jaguars have consistently been a very good defense throughout his stay in Jax. They are currently the 4th rated defense. Yet, can most people even name 1 player on that defense?

That organization has been very unfair to Jack. The front office spent $78 mil on player salary this year. Thats 40% less than some teams and 1 of the lowest totals in the NFL(might be the lowest, cant tell until year end but last I saw they were 2nd lowest.) This is their pattern , skimp on players and ask the coach to win. Well, now that there is a salary floor, they are forced to sell the team.

I also think its unfair to say to a guy " we are in the works to sell
the team to new owners who want to bring in their own people, so you
will be fired at that time. The process should take a year or so ,
now go out there and coach em up!" Thats exactly what they did to him.

Red Dog
12-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Would his hiring mean the LB position becomes important again and maybe our LB's might improve?

JesseJames
12-15-2011, 06:11 PM
He'd make the ideal DC: long time player, had great success with the Ravens (LB Coach) and Panthers (DC when Panthers were solid)....and already has gone through his head coaching shot with Jacksonville.

The only question is whether Fewell keeps his job...but if not, this one seems like a no-brainer. I'm wondering what anybody has seen from Fewell that would help him keep his job...

JesseJames
12-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Would his hiring mean the LB position becomes important again and maybe our LB's might improve? God I hope so...

egyptian420
12-15-2011, 06:16 PM

The only question is whether Fewell keeps his job...but if not, this one seems like a no-brainer. I'm wondering what anybody has seen from Fewell that would help him keep his job...
2010 season when the defense wasn't full of backups he had a top 5 defense the entire year until the last few weeks, and from what I saw, that was the players' fault

JesseJames
12-15-2011, 06:28 PM

2010 season when the defense wasn't full of backups he had a top 5 defense the entire year until the last few weeks, and from what I saw, that was the players' fault
are you saying you would like to see Fewell back here again next season...

egyptian420
12-15-2011, 06:51 PM

are you saying you would like to see Fewell back here again next season...
Not sure, I'm just answering your question. We'll see what happens the rest of this season/playoffs. Last year when the defense was healthy we were playing outstanding on defense. One bad year doesn't mean he's terrible, specially when our defense is so decimated by injury. Look at our LB's....I don't care if you have Del Rio or friggin **** Lebau or the legendary Jim Johnson (R.I.P)....you can only do so much with the talent you have.

fletch842
12-15-2011, 07:19 PM
my personal feeling is that if the Giants make the playoffs, the coaching staff is safe. If they blow it, the entire staff may go (certainly TC and coordinators).

egyptian420
12-15-2011, 07:19 PM
my personal feeling is that if the Giants make the playoffs, the coaching staff is safe. If they blow it, the entire staff may go (certainly TC and coordinators).
+1

JMFP2
12-15-2011, 07:29 PM

I could definitely see that happening. These last 3 games are critical for the entire team.

JesseJames
12-16-2011, 11:01 AM
I hope the owners and or Reese see the whole picture and don't make a decision on who to keep based on the last 3 games and forget the first 13 game performance by this defense