PDA

View Full Version : How likely do you think it is Brewer pans out as our RT?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 04:38 PM
6-6, 330 lbs, will turn 25 Dec. 23rd, he looks like one of the bad guys from Super Mario Bros.

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/f/f2/Nsmb2goomba2.jpg/210px-Nsmb2goomba2.jpg http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/B/R/E/BRE701674.jpg

Just looked it up they're called Goomba...I was thinking koopa troopa haha ...those were the days

.....anyway.

He was a 4th round draft pick.... Uggghhhhh

Is there anything there with him? He's huge.... weren't the coaches high on him prior to his constant injuries?

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Nice comparison.

The odds are stacked against him and not likely. He got big praise this offseason, then looked bad in the preseason, and was inactive week 1 for a team very weak at that position. Not a good sign.

wuzpapn
09-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm ashamed you don't know what a Goomba is. Especially if you're born in the '80s!!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Nice comparison.

The odds are stacked against him and not likely. He got big praise this offseason, then looked bad in the preseason, and was inactive week 1 for a team very weak at that position. Not a good sign.

Are you sure you're not talking about Petrus?

I'm ashamed you don't know what a Goomba is. Especially if you're born in the '80s!!

Haha! Cut me some slack....!!! That was a loooong time ago

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Are you sure you're not talking about Petrus?

Nah, it was Brewer during the summer. I remember thinking if it pans out we could have a solid young tackle on both sides in Beatty and Brewer.

giantsfan420
09-10-2012, 04:52 PM
well seeing as how we share birthdays, im 100% sure hes gonna be an All Pro

myles2424
09-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Nah, it was Brewer during the summer. I remember thinking if it pans out we could have a solid young tackle on both sides in Beatty and Brewer.

Brewer looked absolutely terrible against Jaguars 2s & 3s....

GMENAGAIN
09-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I thought that he looked terrible during the preseason.

I know he was unable to work a lot this summer due to injury, so maybe that had something to do with his poor performance, but I didn't see an NFL OT when I watched him during the preseason.

Rat_bastich
09-10-2012, 06:05 PM
We won't know until he gets in the game consistently. Sometimes guys have poor showings in preseason and during the season they shine.

Right now with the Giants looking for O-line help and needing someone to step up this will be his time to grab the bull by the horns.

slipknottin
09-10-2012, 06:17 PM
I thought Brewer looked pretty good at RT in preseason. Had some issues at LT.

He has upside at least. He needs to stay healthy and keep working.

TheAnalyst
09-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Brewer looked absolutely terrible against Jaguars 2s & 3s....

Yeah, thats why I said he was praised in the offseason as being our next RT, and then was horrible in the preseason and inactive week 1.

jomo
09-10-2012, 07:16 PM
6-6, 330 lbs, will turn 25 Dec. 23rd, he looks like one of the bad guys from Super Mario Bros.

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/f/f2/Nsmb2goomba2.jpg/210px-Nsmb2goomba2.jpg http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/B/R/E/BRE701674.jpg

Just looked it up they're called Goomba...I was thinking koopa troopa haha ...those were the days

.....anyway.

Is there anything there with him? He's huge.... weren't the coaches high on him prior to his constant injuries?He's shown us nothing to believe that there's anything there. We need at least 3 new OL next year who are not on our roster.

Redeyejedi
09-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Yeah, thats why I said he was praised in the offseason as being our next RT, and then was horrible in the preseason and inactive week 1.No need to activate guys who arent going to play. Only going to keep 7 active

Mod_C
09-10-2012, 07:36 PM

.....anyway.

Is there anything there with him? He's huge.... weren't the coaches high on him prior to his constant injuries?

Brewer is not supposed to be the starter at RT, Locklear is. He's playing LT because Beatty's back is yet to let him take all of the snaps at LT.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Brewer is not supposed to be the starter at RT, Locklear is. He's playing LT because Beatty's back is yet to let him take all of the snaps at LT.

I'm aware why Locklear is playing LT but Brewer was supposed to be our RT. That being said Locklear has looked good for us at both LT and RT. He's versatile.

If Brewer remains healthy and they like what they see in him, where does he play? I'm not talking about this season because I can't see him getting major reps regardless unless injury.

Beatty -- Boothe -- Baas -- Locklear / Diehl or Brewer?

tonyt830
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I hope Brewer can stay healthy and continue to improve. I don't expect him to be our future at LT, but if he can get with it, I'm hoping he can eventually take over at RT. Right now I'm ok with our interior line. I like the signing of Locklear, especially with his versatility. I dont know what kind of contract Locklear got when he signed with us, but maybe Brewer and Beatty will be our starting tackles come next year. Actually I want Beatty to get healthy and get back to LT in the coming weeks.

Mod_C
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm aware why Locklear is playing LT but Brewer was supposed to be our RT. That being said Locklear has looked good for us at both LT and RT. He's versatile.

If Brewer remains healthy and they like what they see in him, where does he play? I'm not talking about this season because I can't see him getting major reps regardless unless injury.

Beatty -- Boothe -- Baas -- Locklear / Diehl or Brewer?

He will rotate in as needed as they develop him. Hopefully on both side

No one ever thought Boothe or Beatty would develop as they have. Recently someone suggested Boothe replace Baas at center. His versatility is a huge bonus for us but his wide body has sent Eli chasing a few snaps.

I always defer to the coaches but I think Diehl will have to be replaced at RT if Locklear can get over to that side.

jomo
09-10-2012, 08:09 PM
He will rotate in as needed as they develop him. Hopefully on both side

No one ever thought Boothe or Beatty would develop as they have. Recently someone suggested Boothe replace Baas at center. His versatility is a huge bonus for us but his wide body has sent Eli chasing a few snaps.

I always defer to the coaches but I think Diehl will have to be replaced at RT if Locklear can get over to that side........alas, Beatty and Boothe may have developed but not into anything special. They are both just serviceable.............except for Beatty who is serviceable and oft injured.

I agree that Beatty for Locklear and Locklear for Diehl helps us a bit but it doesn't improve us that much.

Mod_C
09-10-2012, 08:13 PM
.......alas, Beatty and Boothe may have developed but not into anything special. They are both just serviceable.............except for Beatty who is serviceable and oft injured.

I agree that Beatty for Locklear and Locklear for Diehl helps us a bit but it doesn't improve us that much.

I suspect they will need to put Pascoe on the left side fairly frequently. But Locklear was ranked # 11 with Diehl ranked last

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 08:20 PM
I like Brewer, even Coughlin gave him some props the other day in an interview. I think once his back gets under control they might start working him in. Would love to start to see him doing some of those short yardage TE plays.