PDA

View Full Version : Prince is "very optimistic" about playing this week

RoanokeFan
09-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Prince is "very optimistic" about playing this week

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/09/prince-is-very-optimistic-about-playing-this-week

Excerpt: "Prince Amukamara has spent three weeks saying he hoped to come back in time for the Giants’ Week 2 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. On Monday, he took the first step in that mission.The Giants’ second-year corner practiced for the first time since suffering a high ankle sprain in late August. Afterwards, he said he was “very optimistic” about his chances of playing on Sunday, even if he isn’t quite at full strength.“I feel like I’m still not running like I used to,” Amukamara said, “but I still feel good.” Read more...

Moke
09-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Hopefully he can get out there and help out a lot. This secondary definitely needs to get better or we will get hit pretty hard on defense.

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 04:42 PM
If he's not running like he's used to sit him this week.

RoanokeFan
09-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I hope Coe's situation improves by Sunday. He did a credible job last week. Hosley as well could be a lift for us.

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Lets hope he feels that way tomorrow...

CowboysSuck
09-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Doesnt sound too good. "not running like im used to"

YATittle1962
09-10-2012, 07:46 PM
no way Prince plays this week

joemorrisforprez
09-10-2012, 07:55 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/09/prince-is-very-optimistic-about-playing-this-week

Excerpt: "Prince Amukamara has spent three weeks saying he hoped to come back in time for the Giants’ Week 2 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. On Monday, he took the first step in that mission.The Giants’ second-year corner practiced for the first time since suffering a high ankle sprain in late August. Afterwards, he said he was “very optimistic” about his chances of playing on Sunday, even if he isn’t quite at full strength.“I feel like I’m still not running like I used to,” Amukamara said, “but I still feel good.” Read more...

Not running like he's used to = bench.

Last thing this secondary needs is another guy who can't cover.

jimmie ray
09-10-2012, 08:03 PM
When healthy - has this guy yet shown that he can communicate with his own teammates, on the field, at the NFL level?

joemorrisforprez
09-10-2012, 08:06 PM
When healthy - has this guy yet shown that he can communicate with his own teammates, on the field, at the NFL level?

He's had some good and bad moments. Jury is definitely still out.

RoanokeFan
09-10-2012, 08:09 PM

I don't think anyone would say he's played light out football

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 08:10 PM
I agree about I'm not playing this week. He admitted he isn't running like he normally does and Tampa doesn't have a great passing attack. As far as Coe goes, I don't see how he will be ready when he had to shut it down I'm the middle of the last game. Remember, he has been dealing with a hamstring problem for a while now.

RoanokeFan
09-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I agree about I'm not playing this week. He admitted he isn't running like he normally does and Tampa doesn't have a great passing attack. As far as Coe goes, I don't see how he will be ready when he had to shut it down I'm the middle of the last game. Remember, he has been dealing with a hamstring problem for a while now.

You're out too? WTF? :o

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
When healthy and called upon in theory offs he showed his capabilities. He did not have that nada pre season. His 1st game had some bad moments along with some good. The rest of the pre season he was doing well.

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 08:13 PM
You're out too? WTF? :oLol. Didn't check my post.

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 08:44 PM
welllllllllllllll the problem here is he is hurt so often, if healthy we do not know if he is even capable of being effective

G.I. Ants
09-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Prince's 1st nlf game saw him make a pick therefore I will boldly predict that Price will make an INT against the Bucs.

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Do the Panthers have a good passing attack? If not I could see them holding him back until the 4th game of the season.

YATittle1962
09-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Prince's 1st nlf game saw him make a pick therefore I will boldly predict that Price will make an INT against the Bucs.

no way he plays against the Bucs

and he picked off a horribly under thrown ball by Vince Young where he was pretty badly beat in the route

nycsportzfan
09-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Maybe there was a reason he fell to pick 19 after all? He hasen't exactly been great when hes out there, and he hasen't been out there much.. I'm kinda getting sick and tired of waiting for this dude.. Get ur rear end on the field and earn some coin!

GmenFan1980
09-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Maybe there was a reason he fell to pick 19 after all? He hasen't exactly been great when hes out there, and he hasen't been out there much.. I'm kinda getting sick and tired of waiting for this dude.. Get ur rear end on the field and earn some coin!

I'm sorry sportzfan. I respect you opinion, but if your willing to stick it out with Barden 15 catches in 3 years, can we also be a little more patient with Prince as well?

Eliscruzzz
09-10-2012, 11:03 PM
I really don't get the Prince bashing this guy performed very, very well last year in the playoffs and consider the fact that he was thrown at a lot cause he was a rookie, he held his own. He has every to be a great corner, he's fast, he has good recovery speed, great foot work,he's physical of the line of scrimage and can make plays on the ball only thing he has to take care of once's he's healthy is being susceptlible to wr's double moves.

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 11:18 PM
He has been unfortunate with his injuries. I mean he's not the only Giant player to break their foot. Problem with him is that when he did come back they where so thin at the position that they just threw him out there and he had some growing pains. By the time the playoffs rolled around he was very good. He had some ups and downs the 1st pre season game but was looking good in the other games. He was playing fine and had his ankles rolled up on from behind. What could he do? He even made a very physical tackle on one of the most physical WR's on the next play. He will be fine.

Hooligans
09-11-2012, 12:19 PM

I'm not sure the Giants aren't better off without Prince.....everytime I see him played he is getting torched.

EJ Blue
09-11-2012, 12:22 PM
I still can't believe he tweaked his freaking ankle on a play that looked like nothing happened. I don't expect him to play this week, and I hate the fact that there will yet again be an excuse if he plays poorly, but I'm hoping he does well.

YATittle1962
09-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I still can't believe he tweaked his freaking ankle on a play that looked like nothing happened. I don't expect him to play this week, and I hate the fact that there will yet again be an excuse if he plays poorly, but I'm hoping he does well.

it happened the play before

Weygand
09-11-2012, 05:04 PM
I hope he plays Raspberry Beret

njsean
09-11-2012, 05:17 PM
I think every time I hear a player talk about being optimistic to play, they dont.