PDA

View Full Version : Tom needs to bring in a Motivational Speaker for next years opening game

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 06:02 PM
We seem to go through this excruciating lack of commitment and desire every year.

I know people do not want to run through brick walls for Ol Tom in non-critical games but something needs to be done
about these lackadaisical half-hearted efforts on opening games

fourth&forever
09-10-2012, 06:21 PM
are you volunteering?

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Just playing for the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS should be enough motivation, ,not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars a year they make! Most of us dont make peanuts compared to what they earn, yet WE the FANS spend some of those peanuts to watch and support them!

nhpgiantsfan
09-10-2012, 07:38 PM
If these players can't get motivated playing in the NFL kickoff game on national TV, against a huge division rival, then we have serious problems.

Snappinnecks
09-10-2012, 07:41 PM
I got a size 13 boot as motivation. Will that help?

sharick88
09-10-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm available if they're hiring

sharick88
09-10-2012, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Lf8GtMe4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO_t7GtXO6w

I have exactly the right guy in mind!

TheEnigma
09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Just playing for the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS should be enough motivation, ,not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars a year they make! Most of us dont make peanuts compared to what they earn, yet WE the FANS spend some of those peanuts to watch and support them!

A lot of these players (As in the entire league) grew up as privileged athletes with an entirely different moral code than your average working person. You'd be surprised at how many players don't really care about the team. Money and personal glory is what matters most to them.

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Well after laying eggs against divisional opponents two years running I'm all for it!

Flip Empty
09-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Tebow time

miked1958
09-10-2012, 08:30 PM
We seem to go through this excruciating lack of commitment and desire every year.I know people do not want to run through brick walls for Ol Tom in non-critical games but something needs to be done about these lackadaisical half-hearted efforts on opening gamesFor the record in the 4 SB winning seasons we lost our opening game 3 times

SweetZombieJesus
09-10-2012, 08:37 PM
We seem to go through this excruciating lack of commitment and desire every year.

I know people do not want to run through brick walls for Ol Tom in non-critical games but something needs to be done

With time and distance from Coughlin's tenure I'm sure we'll all be scratching our heads trying to figure it out.

How can someone who won two (or more) Superbowls, who had some of the greatest wins in NFL history, also have so many turkeys and late season collapses? How can the same guy be responsible for the worst meltdown in franchise history (2010 Eagles) and also be responsible for the greatest victory in team history? How can they be 6-2 every year and then go .500 or worse the rest of the year? Why do they thrive in adversity and languish in success? Why can't they just sustain success? This team is so bi-polar it is impossible to figure out.

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 09:43 PM
With time and distance from Coughlin's tenure I'm sure we'll all be scratching our heads trying to figure it out.

How can someone who won two (or more) Superbowls, who had some of the greatest wins in NFL history, also have so many turkeys and late season collapses? How can the same guy be responsible for the worst meltdown in franchise history (2010 Eagles) and also be responsible for the greatest victory in team history? How can they be 6-2 every year and then go .500 or worse the rest of the year? Why do they thrive in adversity and languish in success? Why can't they just sustain success? This team is so bi-polar it is impossible to figure out.

I've never seen it put so well
It's because they have great personel, excellent coaching on the X's and O's and no one who can really get them pumped each week
I dont buy the "they get paid a lot. and should play accordingly" theory.......everyone needs motivation, everyone

look a sad-sack Sanchize........they bring in someone to threaten his job and all of a sudded he's johnny unitas

RoanokeFan
09-10-2012, 09:53 PM

about these lackadaisical half-hearted efforts on opening games.

We've lost ONE GAME. Obviously we should have played better. The players seem to understand that they can 't just say we're the defending champions" and expect to run up the score. They just have to win a game and build off of that momentum

miked1958
09-10-2012, 09:56 PM
For the record in the 4 SB winning seasons we lost our opening game 3 timesActually just checked and all 3 opening Day losses were against division foes. 31-28 loss to Dallas in 1986, 45-35 loss to Dallas in 2007 and a 28-14 loss to the Redskins in 2011. I'd say with losing to Dallas in this yrs opener there is a better then avg chance we win another Title. Lol

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 09:59 PM

We've lost ONE GAME. Obviously we should have played better. The players seem to understand that they can 't just say we're the defending champions" and expect to run up the score. They just have to win a game and build off of that momentum

I think you missed my point......we have been laying an egg game #1 each year because of complacency.......all the talk about how they are going to take each game seriously...then THUD

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 10:11 PM
A lot of these players (As in the entire league) grew up as privileged athletes with an entirely different moral code than your average working person. You'd be surprised at how many players don't really care about the team. Money and personal glory is what matters most to them.I have to agree with what you said, but DO NOT AGREE with the status of these players and the attitudes, without fans they are a roadside show. Let them pack their bags and go play in the CFL or Europe!!! I want a team packed with players that care....A.K.A David Wilson!!! Crying on national TV earned my respect for his love of the game and his wanting to be a POSITIVE contributor to our team!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 10:12 PM
For the record in the 4 SB winning seasons we lost our opening game 3 timesCheck your in box

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I've never seen it put so well
It's because they have great personel, excellent coaching on the X's and O's and no one who can really get them pumped each week
I dont buy the "they get paid a lot. and should play accordingly" theory.......everyone needs motivation, everyone

look a sad-sack Sanchize........they bring in someone to threaten his job and all of a sudded he's johnny unitasSir, you are way off kilter. I hate to bring it up again, but in the military you dont get paid allot. But you have to perform each and everyday especially out on the lines or someone dies! Trust me, if I got a chance to play Pro-ball instead of joining the service I wouldn't piss it away with bling or an attitude, I would go to work each day like it was my life or my team mates life on the line every practice, every game! Now that I am out(retired) I still struggle just to make ends meet and these guys have the golden egg in their hands and refuse to acknowledge without a MOTIVATIONAL speaker??? Give me a damn break! Screw the coddling! Younger and older men have gotten paid far less money and respect for their VALIANT yet unselfish efforts and do not complain one bit!

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Sir, you are way off kilter. I hate to bring it up again, but in the military you dont get paid allot. But you have to perform each and everyday especially out on the lines or someone dies! Trust me, if I got a chance to play Pro-ball instead of joining the service I wouldn't piss it away with bling or an attitude, I would go to work each day like it was my life or my team mates life on the line every practice, every game! Now that I am out(retired) I still struggle just to make ends meet and these guys have the golden egg in their hands and refuse to acknowledge without a MOTIVATIONAL speaker??? Give me a damn break! Screw the coddling! Younger and older men have gotten paid far less money and respect for their VALIANT yet unselfish efforts and do not complain one bit!

Unfortunately humans do not work that way.......the more you coddle them, the more complacent they become
they sometimes mail it in.......its human nature your talking about

BParcells777
09-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Actually just checked and all 3 opening Day losses were against division foes. 31-28 loss to Dallas in 1986, 45-35 loss to Dallas in 2007 and a 28-14 loss to the Redskins in 2011. I'd say with losing to Dallas in this yrs opener there is a better then avg chance we win another Title. Lol
So all we have to do is lose to Dallas and we get a Ring..........Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!.........or is perhaps that this is a pure coincidence????

Gmen2005
09-10-2012, 10:47 PM
They have motivational speakers for every game.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Unfortunately humans do not work that way.......the more you coddle them, the more complacent they become
they sometimes mail it in.......its human nature your talking aboutNow you have done it.....you made me cry with that statement! I have never been coddled and I turned out just fine. But now i feel spite since I didnt get my shot at the NFL. Saved some people in the Navy, but didnt get to kill a QB. All is well, I chose my life and thats that. I wish for just one second these players could feel what we feel on gameday watching the boobtube with the Giants playing any team and it might send the point home to them. I doubt it would have an effect on them but trust me I would do my damndest!!!

FlyingTruck
09-11-2012, 01:26 AM
So all we have to do is lose to Dallas and we get a Ring..........Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!.........or is perhaps that this is a pure coincidence????What he means is that everyone needs to calm down about one loss. We usually only win about half our divisional games each season anyway. We'll get them next game.

BParcells777
09-11-2012, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=FIFTY6G-MAN;479995]Now you have done it.....you made me cry with that statement! I have never been coddled and I turned out just fine. But now i feel spite since I didnt get my shot at the NFL. Saved some people in the Navy, but didnt get to kill a QB. All is well, I chose my life and thats that. I wish for just one second these players could feel what we feel on gameday watching the boobtube with the Giants playing any team and it might send the point home to them. I doubt it would have an effect on them but trust me I would do my damndest!!![/QUOTE

Good luck soldier.....you are on some kind of out to prove a point mission here.......I'm going to defer to your wisdom

I must have been mistaken. The Giants then were apparently sufficiently motivated but one would have to assume have less talent than the the Cowboys.

How embarrassing. Maybe we should get an Owner/GM like Jerry J to bring in better talent

DandyDon
09-12-2012, 01:20 AM
I think you missed my point......we have been laying an egg game #1 each year because of complacency.......all the talk about how they are going to take each game seriously...then THUD

Might be you missed the point...who gives a crap about game one when you go on to win the superbowl? Not saying that's gonna happen, but its happened twice in the past 4 years.

If you go by results, the best motivational speaker this team has is TC. 2 rings in 4 years. 'Nuff said.

miked1958
09-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Might be you missed the point...who gives a crap about game one when you go on to win the superbowl? Not saying that's gonna happen, but its happened twice in the past 4 years.

If you go by results, the best motivational speaker this team has is TC. 2 rings in 4 years. 'Nuff said.yep Correct. and in both years we looked bad in game one to an NFCE rival. We also opened up with a loss in 86 to Dallas. So for whatever reason this team has a Knack for coming back after losing to teams they need to beat

Hooligans
09-12-2012, 06:18 PM

Without a new offensive line, I don't think God himself could motivate the Giants.

Hooligans
09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
If the Giants need a motivational speaker to play in the NFL, then they are already finished.

BParcells777
09-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Maybe we need a new DC
I do not recall Fewell bringing any extra pressure Weds at all........he just rushed 4 on autopilot

NYKiller
09-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Coughlin gets paid to get the Giants ready to play every Sunday, by whatever means necessary. He won two Superbowl. He just needs to have the giants playing consistent and show up for every game. We don't need to say Fire Coughlin every season to help the Giants perform at their best. It's early, lets so what happens.