PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think the CB situation is gonna kill us this year?

53canton
09-10-2012, 07:33 PM
I really dont feel good about our CB's. If the pass rush dont get there our secondary cant cover. The Prince and Hosley are rookies. How can we depend on them?

I like Reese, but I think he put too much into T2 coming back full strength this year. Now we are short at corner.

Captain Chaos
09-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Well it could be a challenge but I think once we get Prince back and Hosely working we should be all right!

CowboysSuck
09-10-2012, 07:37 PM
We will be fine.

chizz
09-10-2012, 07:43 PM
i really do hope hosley shapes up to become a good corner for us .

joemorrisforprez
09-10-2012, 07:57 PM
I really dont feel good about our CB's. If the pass rush dont get there our secondary cant cover. The Prince and Hosley are rookies. How can we depend on them?

I like Reese, but I think he put too much into T2 coming back full strength this year. Now we are short at corner.

I'm more worried about the shabby offensive line.

Itlan
09-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Prince and Hosley have to step up, case closed.

nhpgiantsfan
09-10-2012, 08:08 PM

Agreed, Reese's first real mistake as GM was thinking he could count on T2.

G.I. Ants
09-10-2012, 08:34 PM

I like Reese, but I think he put too much into T2 coming back full strength this year. Now we are short at corner.I think him drafting Prince last year as well as Hosely this year proves Reese was thinking ahead instead of relying on T2s return. The secondary had a bad game, time to move on.

53canton
09-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Thats alot to put on 2 rooks. Prince is second year, but no experience after last years injury.

G.I. Ants
09-10-2012, 08:56 PM
They have an entire season to learn and with an elite pass rush to help speed up the process. The fact remains that people need not to jump the gun.

miked1958
09-10-2012, 08:58 PM
I really dont feel good about our CB's. If the pass rush dont get there our secondary cant cover. The Prince and Hosley are rookies. How can we depend on them? I like Reese, but I think he put too much into T2 coming back full strength this year. Now we are short at corner.Yes. That and our OLine will be our undoing

Buddy333
09-10-2012, 09:15 PM
If Webster can bounce back, Prince can get healthy soon, and Hosely continues to impress they could be very good actually.

Joe Morrison
09-12-2012, 08:18 PM
To answer Buddy's question, yes, the secondary is and will continue to be a major issue. If they can't jam them at the point of attack they will all use the short game to eliminate the pass rush just like Romo did.

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Prince and Hosley have to step up, case closed.

Don't count Coe out, I thought he did well last week before the hamstring

I Bleed Blue
09-12-2012, 09:18 PM

It is the second area of concern, but the O-Line is what will make or break the team this season. They are simply atrocious.

NYKiller
09-12-2012, 09:34 PM
It depends on how well Coughlin and Perry can get the defense to play. The best giants corner back Webster is a bit overrated. His biggest weakness is that he has average speed for a CB.

GiantFanatic55
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm more worried about the shabby offensive line.

This

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 10:23 PM
the o- line was terrible last year too. I think if anything it'll be better this year if Beattycan stay healthy and Locklear starts on the right. I think our biggest weakness, when it comes to that, will be.. Baas?

joemorrisforprez
09-12-2012, 10:54 PM

The same thing will likely happen when they play the Eagles, the Packers, and the Saints, among others.

It's a passing league, and outside of Darrelle Revis, every CB gets burned from time to time.

Toadofsteel
09-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Having T2 go down again was devastating. And with Prince being on PUP with his foot injury, there's no way in hell C-web and Ross are going to carry this team. What are we going to do, put an extra safety in or something? There's no chance in hell we'd sniff the playoffs with the way our secondary has been decimated, let alone win the super bowl. Absolutely not a snowball's chance in hell we'd be able to do that...

Oh wait...

burier
09-13-2012, 12:15 PM
the o- line was terrible last year too. I think if anything it'll be better this year if Beattycan stay healthy and Locklear starts on the right. I think our biggest weakness, when it comes to that, will be.. Baas?

David Diehl is a major issue to...but Jebus...Baas may be the worst signing in the history of free agency. How can you miss that badly on a lineman?

ALLnygIN
09-13-2012, 01:13 PM
O line is terrible and needs to be addressed at the end of the season going into the next. No matter what the outcome of this season is. Secondary, who knows what we have with prince and hosley? They could be our future, or maybe not. I think they will do just fine for us, but the secondary as a whole could really use some more addressing as well for next year. We're pretty stacked everywhere else.

Kruunch
09-13-2012, 01:16 PM

It didn't kill us last year, it won't kill us this year.

We'll adjust.

P.S. - Hosely has flashed more than Prince in the short time he's been here ... silver lining?

Ntegrase96
09-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Agreed, Reese's first real mistake as GM was thinking he could count on T2.

Not here to sling mud because my own team hasn't done well with the o' line either, but I think one of the biggest mistakes Reese has made as GM is not realizing that the offensive line was diminishing.

Seubert, O'hara, Snee, Diehl and McKenzie are all guys that came before Reese was named GM (although I realize he was a big part of scouting and player personnel).

Since becoming GM, Reese hasn't really done much to build the offensive line as it diminishes. I don't think he's drafted an interior lineman other than Petrus and he was a late rounder, although he's taken plenty of tackles in later rounds-- of course Beatty, one of the better Tackles on the team was a 2nd rounder. But still he's prioritized offensive weapons and pass rushers over the typical strong o'line play that the Giants have had.

I was shocked that he did not take a either Glenn, Konz, or Silatolu this year.

burier
09-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Not here to sling mud because my own team hasn't done well with the o' line either, but I think one of the biggest mistakes Reese has made as GM is not realizing that the offensive line was diminishing.

Seubert, O'hara, Snee, Diehl and McKenzie are all guys that came before Reese was named GM (although I realize he was a big part of scouting and player personnel).

Since becoming GM, Reese hasn't really done much to build the offensive line as it diminishes. I don't think he's drafted an interior lineman other than Petrus and he was a late rounder, although he's taken plenty of tackles in later rounds-- of course Beatty, one of the better Tackles on the team was a 2nd rounder. But still he's prioritized offensive weapons and pass rushers over the typical strong o'line play that the Giants have had.

I was shocked that he did not take a either Glenn, Konz, or Silatolu this year.

I agree that the issue wasn't addressed correctly which I think is insane considering poor Oline play is one of the main reasons Fassel got chased out of town.

That said, Reese agrees with me. You don't waste your first pick on a Olineman...I can get anyone to block.

And to defend and indict Reese at the same time. He did go and get what was supposed to be the best FA center available. Just turns out Baas isn't very good. I think the guys we have can get it done but we're going to have to shuffle the lineup a bit.

Ntegrase96
09-13-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree that the issue wasn't addressed correctly which I think is insane considering poor Oline play is one of the main reasons Fassel got chased out of town.

That said, Reese agrees with me. You don't waste your first pick on a Olineman...I can get anyone to block.

And to defend and indict Reese at the same time. He did go and get what was supposed to be the best FA center available. Just turns out Baas isn't very good. I think the guys we have can get it done but we're going to have to shuffle the lineup a bit.

I personally like the way Reese drafts. Draft for talent, trade for need. I've always felt that way.

And right, I forgot Baas was supposed to be a great center.

You have a good point about 'getting anyone to block'. Our incredible line in the early 90s was made up of UFAs, very late rounders, and converted defensive tackles. I think Larry Allen was the highest pick and he was only a 2nd rounder (although he came along near the end of the dynasty days).

But in this pass heavy league, I know I'd like for my own team to start focusing on the OL more. A first or second rounder here, or a Carl Nicks type guard in FA.

BParcells777
09-13-2012, 05:19 PM
I think Hosley is going to come back strong and move in to the corner position.........The Prince cannot make it through one game without getting severely injured.

NYG 5
09-13-2012, 05:34 PM
They really need to take advantage of the lax refereeing in regards to contact atd and around the 5 yardline. Dallas picked up on it and manhandled our receivers, and good for them. I'm glad receivers have to work to get open again, and glad that they're still protected from spearing. But I digress, I feel that especially our young cbs could benefit from being more physical, and I think it would help the pass rush because qbs won't feel that they have an open window to lead into right at the snap.

giantsfan420
09-13-2012, 05:41 PM
They really need to take advantage of the lax refereeing in regards to contact atd and around the 5 yardline. Dallas picked up on it and manhandled our receivers, and good for them. I'm glad receivers have to work to get open again, and glad that they're still protected from spearing. But I digress, I feel that especially our young cbs could benefit from being more physical, and I think it would help the pass rush because qbs won't feel that they have an open window to lead into right at the snap.

yeah I've noticed it too. The refs have called fewer penalties on avg as well compared to the actual nfl refs.

I agree about the corners being physical helping them out. I know Prince likes to hand check and fight for position, so hopefully he can be real aggressive without a flag.

BeatYale
09-13-2012, 05:53 PM
It will probably revolve around the progress Prince and Hosley make in their development. These guys, particularly Prince, need to get good ASAP.