PDA

View Full Version : Osi, Tuck, and JPP sees what went wrong with pass rush

Breezely
09-10-2012, 11:23 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-osi-umenyiora-justin-tuck-jason-pierre-paul-failing-register-a-sack-dallas-cowboys-article-1.1156353?localLinksEnabled=false

Dallas had a good game plan and executed. Giants should of made adjustments.

dmighty326
09-10-2012, 11:57 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-osi-umenyiora-justin-tuck-jason-pierre-paul-failing-register-a-sack-dallas-cowboys-article-1.1156353?localLinksEnabled=false

Dallas had a good game plan and executed. Giants should of made adjustments.

Thanks for the post. Hope they can make the adjustments sooner than later. Wonder what they have in mind.

giantsfan420
09-11-2012, 12:06 AM
uh tuck, how bout instead of "30 yd pass or 30 yd run" u just sack him?

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-11-2012, 02:52 AM
Lmao they had to look at the game tapes to figure out that Tony Romo was running from them? what did they expect him to do?!!!!!

BurnerNYG
09-11-2012, 03:08 AM
They better figure it out quick because Vick and RG3 is gonna be doing the same ish.

Diamondring
09-11-2012, 04:50 AM
Rushing 4 men all of the time is not good and you guys should know that. We didn't get help from our cbs and what happened to our offense? I don't want to get on Coughlin or KG but why are we not trying to score a lot of points? F that time of possesion mess. It does not help you win games unless you are ahead by a lot of points. Just concentrate on scoring points after points and stop worrying about time of possesion. It hardly works when defenses are made to stop that mess.

BlueBlooded1979
09-11-2012, 04:57 AM
What I saw was JPP taking a very hard inside move and breaking containment far more often than he should have. Fewell and Nunn should have put a stop to that early. All of the talent in the world won't make up for undisciplined play.

Captain Chaos
09-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Think that they needed to make those observations by half time and make changes for the second half; the last drive of the second half was mirrored by the first drive of the first half. Well, you know the saying fool me once... Let's not see this same issue the next time we face a mobile QB.

GameTime
09-11-2012, 06:39 AM
we all have the answers right?. I guess the coaches and the players just went in and didnt make any changes. I guess Dallas didnt make changess the Giants changed their looks. I love it when the team has a loss and all armchair OCs and Dcs come out.
They had a bad game....so what it. it happens. There is no big mystery. The Giants got beat. Deal with it.

drewz
09-11-2012, 10:06 AM
The Giants have always been TERRIBLE at making in game adjustments

burier
09-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Its the dumbest thing I ever read. Osi says..."Uhhh well we looked at the tape and Romo was spinning out of trouble" Are these guys on crack? You need to look at film to see that a mobile quarterback was using his mobility? Jeez was that the first time we every played Tony Romo.

"Uhhh well they moved Tony Romo out of the pocket" NO **** SHERLOCK!

If you need film to see a team and player do the same thing they've been doing for 7 years I don't know what to tell you.

Next week they'll say "We know why we didn't get any sacks. We looked at the film and saw Josh Freeman weighs 265 pounds."

GameTime
09-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Its the dumbest thing I ever read. Osi says..."Uhhh well we looked at the tape and Romo was spinning out of trouble" Are these guys on crack? You need to look at film to see that a mobile quarterback was using his mobility? Jeez was that the first time we every played Tony Romo.

If you need film to see a team and player do the same thing they've been doing for 7 years I don't know what to tell you.

Next week they'll say "We know why we didn't get any sacks. We looked at the film and saw Josh Freeman weighs 265 pounds."

blah blah blah....what do you want him to say. Romo got the best of them....so what. The past two seasons the Giants got the best of Romo...

embeshAtYa
09-11-2012, 01:53 PM
cruz didn help. Webster didn help. Jquain Williams didn help. corner depth didn help. Nicks looked slow didnt help. DTackles wore out cause no depth didn help. The play of the oline... Good notes. Bradshaw did look fast. Eli looks fine. Bennet excited me a little. JPP was held a lot and looks good. Oh yeah. . Wilson better not do that again. Tackling was terrible. Hixon is better than Manningham..sorry . I gota go

burier
09-11-2012, 01:56 PM
blah blah blah....what do you want him to say. Romo got the best of them....so what. The past two seasons the Giants got the best of Romo...

We're not in the past two seasons. No one cares about what happened two seasons ago.

If Romo got the better of us fine....say that....What you don't say is "We didn't realize Romo was getting the best of us until the film session." only to be made a fool of.

I mean it doesn't concern you that we apparently went into that game as if we were playing against a pure pocket passer?????

The loss was bad enough without Tuck and Osi accidentally rubbing it in.

joemorrisforprez
09-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Frankly, it was the Giants offense that crapped the bed, IMHO.

burier
09-11-2012, 02:00 PM
cruz didn help. Webster didn help. Jquain Williams didn help. corner depth didn help. Nicks looked slow didnt help. DTackles wore out cause no depth didn help. The play of the oline... Good notes. Bradshaw did look fast. Eli looks fine. Bennet excited me a little. JPP was held a lot and looks good. Oh yeah. . Wilson better not do that again. Tackling was terrible. Hixon is better than Manningham..sorry . I gota go

Hixon isn't better than Manningham period.

embeshAtYa
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Ahh I think he is.

YATittle1962
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
I am usually not bothered by this stuff....but in Coughlins post game presser he said something like..... tonight they did a good job of neutralizing some of our biggest weapons ...

so basically he is saying they just put on film a blueprint of how to neutralize the NY Giants pass rush

now that doesn't mean everyone will be able to do it of course .....

DVision
09-11-2012, 02:08 PM
What I saw was JPP taking a very hard inside move and breaking containment far more often than he should have. Fewell and Nunn should have put a stop to that early. All of the talent in the world won't make up for undisciplined play.

Here we go again! Another fan with inside info! Were you in the huddle? Did you hear the calls at the line? You have no idea what JPP's gap responsibity was on any given play!

joemorrisforprez
09-11-2012, 02:10 PM

Hixon can't handle press coverage. The Eagles figured that out after Plaxico shot himself.

DVision
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM

I'm pretty sure they made more changes than that! The players aren't gonna go into full detail about what exactly they saw on film like differences in blocking schemes because most fans simply wouldn't understand! The Cowboys made a lot of changes during the off season including a new o-line coach!

burier
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Ahh I think he is.

based on what exactly?

DVision
09-11-2012, 03:56 PM
based on what exactly?

I don't get it either. It seems Manningham was very under appreciated! Hixon has had 1 season over 500 yards! Minus Manningham's rookie season he has gone over 500 every year including last season in which he was only active in 12 games! Hixon has 4 receiving TD's in his career (compared to Mario's 18)! Manningham had 4 last season! Again in only 12 games! Heck, He almost had more in the post season alone in which he had 3 more! He had 9 the season before! Hixon has a lot to prove before we say he can make up for the loss of Mario!

bandwgn86
09-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Rushing 4 men all of the time is not good and you guys should know that. We didn't get help from our cbs and what happened to our offense? I don't want to get on Coughlin or KG but why are we not trying to score a lot of points? F that time of possesion mess. It does not help you win games unless you are ahead by a lot of points. Just concentrate on scoring points after points and stop worrying about time of possesion. It hardly works when defenses are made to stop that mess.a line with Tuck Osi and JPP is alot of talent to get after the qb.. we should be fine only 'rushing' 4.. step it up

GameTime
09-11-2012, 04:25 PM
We're not in the past two seasons. No one cares about what happened two seasons ago.

If Romo got the better of us fine....say that....What you don't say is "We didn't realize Romo was getting the best of us until the film session." only to be made a fool of.

I mean it doesn't concern you that we apparently went into that game as if we were playing against a pure pocket passer?????

The loss was bad enough without Tuck and Osi accidentally rubbing it in.
I really dont give a crap what they say to the media. They messed up....ok I get it....BFD. Come out and play better next week....
I am certainly not going to sit here and state the obvious like everyone else. I understand you think they didnt adjust or whatever but you know what you/I dont what they did at half time or any other time of the game. Whatever it is its up to them and coaches to fix it.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
The Giants COACHES have NEVER made in game adjustments Fixed it for you.

ingoodshape
09-11-2012, 08:48 PM
lol , how do you not show up for the first game of the season . and on prime time tv .... in your own house .................. i dont get it . the whole team laid an egg .............. coaches and players ............... do you think Ray Lewis never shows up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoanokeFan
09-11-2012, 08:54 PM

Where is Manningham? Why is that even an issue. Hixon is playing for this team and he did a pretty good job last Wednesday night. He made two critical catches in a losing effort.

Tmurda1984
09-11-2012, 09:02 PM
lol , how do you not show up for the first game of the season . and on prime time tv .... in your own house .................. i dont get it . the whole team laid an egg .............. coaches and players ............... do you think Ray Lewis never shows up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why Ray Lewis is a hall of famer, Superbowl champ, leader while being humble...Ray Lewis would play in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense and doesnt throw coaches under the bus.

Tuck and Osi is no comparison at all to a leader like Ray Lewis. If you tell Osi or Tuck to play a 3-4 they would probably complain and make excuses and get that coordinator fired like they did Sheridan. These guys walk around with big heads, and throws up how many rings they got in almost every interview. You had Kiwi saying it to Jerry Bones last week, and every time we play the Jets to hear it too....it almost sounds like they just dwell on the past and cant handle criticism. Being a Superbowl champ isnt like being a Boxing champ...theres really no such thing as a defending champ in the NFL, NBA and MLB.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-12-2012, 12:41 AM
we all have the answers right?. I guess the coaches and the players just went in and didnt make any changes. I guess Dallas didnt make changess the Giants changed their looks. I love it when the team has a loss and all armchair OCs and Dcs come out.They had a bad game....so what it. it happens. There is no big mystery. The Giants got beat. Deal with it.What he said

burier
09-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Where is Manningham? Why is that even an issue. Hixon is playing for this team and he did a pretty good job last Wednesday night. He made two critical catches in a losing effort.

Its not an issue. Someone made a false statement that Hixon was better than Manningham and I challenged him. That's all.

BillTheGreek
09-13-2012, 08:00 AM

Right ! Game Time......We play them again, and this time the Giants won't be out to Lunch ** lol **

GO GIANTS !