PDA

View Full Version : Congrats!

Melchior
12-15-2011, 04:19 PM
As an Eagles fan, I've been kind of envious of the Giants. Eli is easily the best QB in the NFC East and probably the top 2nd-tier QB out there (not quite at Brady/Peyton/Brees/Rodgers' level, but close) while Vick seems to be showing that last year's performances were more of a flash in the pan. Vick reminds me a little of Eli in that they both go stretches where they look out of sync and then out of nowhere they'll throw a perfect pass and make a huge play, but Eli is 10x as clutch and has WAY better pocket presence.

Congrats for now. Hopefully Reid goes after next season and they draft a future QB so we can have a competitive rivalry again.

Enjoy having a competent team, and win some more games so the Cowgirls don't win the division. I tip my hat to you guys this year. Nice pick up on Cruz, by the way. The salsa celebration is horrible, though.

Also, JPP looks awesome. I'm so glad Reid moved up in the first round to take Graham over him so that Graham could get 3 sacks and then tear his ACL and be out for two seasons.

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 04:47 PM
thank you...

but something is off here

is this reverse trollism? I mean we've had people pretend to be giant fans that are fans of other teams...

is this a giant fan pretending to be a fan of another team?

BlueJayC
12-15-2011, 05:01 PM
I think it's an intended kiss of death.......

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 05:03 PM
I think it's an intended kiss of death.......

ahhhh

the ol reverse jinx

excellent call

Melchior
12-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Nah, I'd just rather see you guys win the division than the Cowgirls.

We're just bummed about the season and the fact that Reid will be back next year. I hate to, but I have to give it up to your QB for getting it done.

It's just reality: Eli > Vick = Romo > Grossman.

giantscolombia
12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
thank you...

but something is off here

is this reverse trollism? I mean we've had people pretend to be giant fans that are fans of other teams...

is this a giant fan pretending to be a fan of another team?

. Lol reverse trollism

Harooni
12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
thank you eagle fan , you are much to hard on fat andy ,who i think is a good coach.

PS - I love his batman utility belt

http://thechallengeflag.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/andy-reid.jpg

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 05:22 PM

We're just bummed about the season and the fact that Reid will be back next year. I hate to, but I have to give it up to your QB for getting it done.

alrite fair enough

personally I am pretty worried if u guys get spags and if Vick can stay healthy

Melchior
12-15-2011, 05:42 PM
thank you eagle fan , you are much to hard on fat andy ,who i think is a good coach.

That's where he keeps his top secret trick plays, like the Ronnie Brown goal line run/pass option and the DeSean Jackson punt return pass to Curtis Marsh for a forced fumble.

miked1958
12-15-2011, 05:46 PM

</P>

The only fair thing to do was to give him a full 2nd season with all those new guys and give them time to gell together. If they cant win next year then its time to get another coach</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 05:51 PM

It's just reality: Eli &gt; Vick = Romo &gt; Grossman.
</p>

The only fair thing to do was to give him a full 2nd season with all those new guys and give them time to gell together. If they cant win next year then its time to get another coach</p>

and get a real D Coordinator. I mean probably the biggest part of Andy's success through the years was having a guy like Jim Johnson there. By not doing anything but moving an OLine coach there was one of the weirdest moves i've ever seen....

May of worked, because they will probably end up with Spags now. That makes the Eagles scary again if it happens

Harooni
12-15-2011, 05:53 PM

That's where he keeps his top secret trick plays, like the Ronnie Brown goal line run/pass option and the DeSean Jackson punt return pass to Curtis Marsh for a forced fumble.

lol , well look at it like this fans always want their coaches fired, heck we just beat the cowboys and still you see 2-3 treads about replacing our DC.

Pakman
12-15-2011, 05:54 PM
I hope you guys keep Vick..he is no way like Eli.

Vick will ensure Eagles never win the Superbowl :)

thanks for the kind words though

Melchior
12-15-2011, 06:03 PM
I agree. That's why a lot of us want him gone so they're forced to draft Vick's replacement. With Reid staying, the hope is that the safeties improve and the FO maybe trades down (or uses their first couple of picks, if someone warrants it) to pick up some decent LB's in the draft.

This then returns us to the issue of Reid not having drafted a competent defensive player since Trent Cole in 2005.

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 06:06 PM

lol , well look at it like this fans always want their coaches fired, heck we just beat the cowboys and still you see 2-3 treads about replacing our DC.

we won and gave up 34 points doing it. Last weeks win wasn't exactly a great example to use for that.

RoanokeFan
12-15-2011, 06:23 PM

LMAO Only you Harooni, only you. The suspenders kept snapping [:S]

If that belt were to "let go" he'd be flagged for a personal foul

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 06:29 PM
that picture should be titled "When it was sunnier in Philadelphia"

Harooni
12-15-2011, 06:38 PM

LMAO That belt is under a lot of stress.

anyway back to MMB , i dont thin fewell is as bad as you offense guys make him out to be,

you clearly ignore the turnovers and spteams spotty coverage.

MattMeyerBud
12-15-2011, 06:40 PM

LMAO That belt is under a lot of stress.

anyway back to MMB , i dont thin fewell is as bad as you offense guys make him out to be,

you clearly ignore the turnovers and spteams spotty coverage.

i think if it wasn't for Osi's freak performance last year of the strip sack, you wouldn't even have the turnover debate. Those turnovers came from individual effort more than scheming. It wouldn't of matter who was DC'ing.