PDA

View Full Version : Chase Blackburn

joemorrisforprez
09-11-2012, 02:15 PM
I've been a big fan of Blackburn, but last week was simply a weak performance.

I was in favor of him starting last year, because Greg Jones wasn't getting it done, and Herzlich was too green.

Chase is going to need to step up his tempo.....I don't recall him shooting any gaps, and it looked like he was the one receiving the blow on his tackles last weekend.

Otherwise, might be time to give Herzlich a shot at the job.

YATittle1962
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM
after week one ?

my goodness

time for me to get away from these boards for a while

EnragedYouth85
09-11-2012, 02:19 PM
I would say yes, after maybe 4 - 5 weeks of the same kind of performance. We might as well put in all the backups besides Eli and JPP! The whole team did pretty ****ty against Dallas so are you going to want to play all our 2nd stringers?

nhpgiantsfan
09-11-2012, 02:22 PM
I was def never one of the Chase lovers here, I thought he did ok the other night. Or at least he flew under the radar due to the invisibleness of Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi. That being said, I feel he is starting because right now on this team he is the best one for the job. Herzlich will probably get the job soon, but I think it is fair to trust the coaches to decide when they feel the time is right.

Martyr
09-11-2012, 03:07 PM

I was in favor of him starting last year, because Greg Jones wasn't getting it done, and Herzlich was too green.

Chase is going to need to step up his tempo.....I don't recall him shooting any gaps, and it looked like he was the one receiving the blow on his tackles last weekend.

I totally agree, he needs to step up next week.

Dwinsballgames
09-11-2012, 03:08 PM
I totally agree, he needs to step up next week.

He and around 50 other guys

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Can't put it all on Blackburn I think he will get better as the season progresses granted he is not as good as he used to be but he is still cable of contributing to this team. He'll be fine once our cb situation is fixed.

bandwgn86
09-11-2012, 04:13 PM
love the man but lets upgrade.. better is better as they say

Martyr
09-11-2012, 04:37 PM
He and around 50 other guys

Got me on that lol

JesseJames
09-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I like Blackburn too but I think that after 6 years or so with the team what we see is what we're going to get with him and if thats not good enough then we have no choice but to try Herzlich..

fourth&forever
09-11-2012, 05:12 PM
love the man but lets upgrade.. better is better as they say
Herz has to earn it.

slipknottin
09-11-2012, 05:29 PM
I say Herz and Chase should not be on the field.

Rivers/Boley/JWill. All three can run and play in coverage.

bearbryant
09-11-2012, 05:57 PM
What do you do with Kiwi?

slipknottin
09-11-2012, 06:13 PM
What do you do with Kiwi?

run downs It should be Kiwi/Boley/Rivers.

Pass down Kiwi goes to DL, JWill comes out.

BParcells777
09-11-2012, 06:14 PM
I could not agree more.......its all on him to get that Dline in gear.........then he has the nerve to get a stinger on a heads on tackle when the D line gave a RB the Ole treatment

total BS............then he distracts Correy Webster and Tryon by telling jokes when those guys were supposed to be in a cover situation

I call for a congressional investigation

GiantFanatic55
09-11-2012, 06:18 PM

Yes couldn't agree more...get our most athletic LB's on the field

GameTime
09-11-2012, 06:20 PM

he and the rest of D.....wow....

joemorrisforprez
09-11-2012, 06:20 PM

Rivers is still new, but I liked what I saw from him in game 1.

I agree that Rivers, Boley, JWill, and Kiwi are probably the most talented linebackers we have. The issue is which of those are best suited to play MLB, and whether they could do it better than Chase or Herzlich.

Again, I'm not trashing Chase....I thought he played crucial role down the stretch last season, and I thought he should have been re-signed this year, due to his knowledge of the system.

But let's face it....the guy has a ceiling.

I'm just saying we need better production from our MLB. The Cowboys running game had it too easy in the 2nd half, and that's up to the MLB to handle.

rainierjef
09-11-2012, 07:11 PM
after week one ?

my goodness

This.......

njersey
09-12-2012, 01:11 AM
after week one ?

my goodness

I think I will join you!

Captain Chaos
09-12-2012, 05:25 AM
I think that he will not be able to hang with these quicker QBs and he was absolutely pile driven by Murray. I love him to death but he just didn't get it done inside for us. We'll see how he does this week but I'm thinking as the DT's wore down he was exposed. I also think that you will not be able to sit one of these guys each game Boley or Rivers, too much talent and speed.

jakegibbs
09-12-2012, 07:48 AM

Scoring only 17 points against the Pokes will get you beat more times than you will win. Let's not blame the ML for this one please. The Game 1 loss:::It's all about the pathetic offense. Can't put this on the defense. They waited too late to open up the offense. If they run the pass 1st run 2nd offense in the first 3 quarters the final score would have been around 40 to 24 & we'd all be a bunch of happy we're gonna repeat fans.

TheAnalyst
09-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Chase is our starting MLB by default. Everyone knows this. Just like Boothe and Locklear are starting in our line by default. Just like Coe and Tryon were starting for us by default. We do have some serious holes, but this is also building depth. Hopefully Prince and Hosely are ahead of Coe soon. Hopefully Herzlich can steal the MLB spot soon, hopefully someone emerges on that Oline soon..

RagTime Blue
09-12-2012, 09:03 AM
run downs It should be Kiwi/Boley/Rivers.

Pass down Kiwi goes to DL, JWill comes out.

I'm sure you mean JWill comes IN.
But yes, I'd agree with this. Rivers played very well, and if Boley is healthy, there's no reason both shouldn't be in for 3 downs.

Did Kiwi play any DLine vs Cowboys?? I'm not sure that's where he belongs anymore. . .blitzing is fine, but maybe not DE.

nhpgiantsfan
09-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Scoring only 17 points against the Pokes will get you beat more times than you will win. Let's not blame the ML for this one please. The Game 1 loss:::It's all about the pathetic offense. Can't put this on the defense. They waited too late to open up the offense. If they run the pass 1st run 2nd offense in the first 3 quarters the final score would have been around 40 to 24 & we'd all be a bunch of happy we're gonna repeat fans.

I agree that 17 points is not enough to beat the Cowboys, but you can't just let the defense off the hook. I am not gonna sit here and kill Coe & Tryon, but there were several key defensive starters that just didnt show up.

GameTime
09-12-2012, 09:27 AM
the offense played OK...but they didnt do enough. The run game sucked.
The D played subpar and that was the real cause for the loss.
Chase is a smart player. If the D as whole played even their "B" game they would have beaten the Cowboys,......

CowboysSuck
09-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Idk, I think he had a decent game comparatively...

JesseJames
09-12-2012, 10:35 AM
until we can run the ball with some consistency we're going to continue to see losses like the one we just had with the Cowboys. I can't believe that we are going into this season with the same inept O line that put us in last place in the league in running the football and expecting different results....

burier
09-12-2012, 11:10 AM

Again we have an issue where fans have romantisized a player to be greater than he is. Chase Blackburn is a hardworker and a positive lockerroom influence but he should be used as depth. He was on the field far too often last week. He's not suddenly going to become Ray Lewis.

I don't really see what the problem is. My eyeballs tell me that Boley-Rivers-Kiwi is our best LB combination.

timmytimm3
09-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't really see what the problem is. My eyeballs tell me that Boley-Rivers-Kiwi is our best LB combination.

This.

GameTime
09-12-2012, 11:28 AM
I think they limited Boley because of the hamstring issue. You will see him in the game way more this weekend....if the hammy is good to go.....

BParcells777
09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
While you were studiously assesing Chase performance, how did you grade out Webster, Tuck, and Osi?????

You think Chase was the problem?

When Chase came back to the Giants last year he mentioned he found the defense disorganized and dis-spirited............he set out to help change that and did.
Lets give him a few more games to repeat the transformation because the D we played Weds reminded me a lot of the worst of last year.

DemandedAce
09-12-2012, 12:00 PM
after week one ?

my goodness

Lol I love losing week one, it gets insane on here like last year calling for Carr to start. That one was definitely my favorite haha

GMan-67
09-12-2012, 12:26 PM
well i think you have to realize that we are more about LB packages now ... so Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Blackburn and J-Will will all see the field ... it would be interesting to see the snaps by LB stats ... we are deep and that is a good thing

having said that Herzlich will push Blackburn and ultimately even though Chase was a great story and a Super Bowl hero ... as fans we kinda have to hope the younger player with more upside emerges