PDA

View Full Version : Bucs run D yielded 10 yards vs. Panthers, should Giants even bother running the ball?

SuperNYGiants
09-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Ideally it would be nice to establish a running game of course, but if it doesn't work the first TWO series, I want to see the offense abandon the run game and just chuck it with Eli.

Anything inside 10 yard line, PASS on every down, I don't want to see god damn Bradshaw sneak one in running to the corner pylon only to lose 2 yards.

No more 1st and 2nd down running plays, I'm fed up with watching it never work.

But in reality I'm sure Gilbride will call more run plays to "surprise" the Bucs D, oh that would be hilarious, not. It'll probably end up like 6 points in the first half and losing to the Bucs 17 - Giants 12 on another failed late come-back attempt.

Greg Schiano
09-11-2012, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't run the ball if I were you guys. All pass. :D

EnragedYouth85
09-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Optimistic I see! I honestly would love to see "god damn" Bradshaw run the ball the way we use to. You also can't just abandon the run completely and chuck the ball downfiend because then they are just going to drop their defenders back and start intercepting the ball. Nice try though..

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Nothing says "predictable" more than if all we do is pass. SMH. We need to be able to figure out how to run the ball, and that starts with the O-line opening some god damn holes!

funkybudda
09-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Ideally it would be nice to establish a running game of course, but if it doesn't work the first TWO series, I want to see the offense abandon the run game and just chuck it with Eli.

Anything inside 10 yard line, PASS on every down, I don't want to see god damn Bradshaw sneak one in running to the corner pylon only to lose 2 yards.

But in reality I'm sure Gilbride will call more run plays to "surprise" the Bucs D, oh that would be hilarious, not. It'll probably end up like 6 points in the first half and losing to the Bucs 17 - Giants 12 on another failed late come-back attempt.

with Bradshaw's terrible display from last week's cant even punched it in at the goal line, I bet the Bucs are laughing in the locker room right now about the week 2 game. Bucs will make Bradshaw suffer the same way as what they did to Deangelo Williams.

BigSombrero
09-11-2012, 04:39 PM
You're still gonna want to try to run of course. I can't remember the last time I saw any D swarm like we were last Sunday and they played lights out against the run. But the thing you have to realize is we loaded up the box on Carolina because we don't respect Cam Newtons passing ability at all. Ya he got his 300 plus on us but when's the last time you say Cam pick a defense apart with short or mid range passes into tight windows? He's all about the deep pass, catch receivers behind the coverage passing and that isn't worth a darn in the redzone. With Eli we are going to have to be more aware of the mid range game and we wont be able to focus on the run as much. That being said I really think our defense is way better especially run wise and you probably won't get much. But just to keep us on our toes you're going to want to at least attempt to be balanced. Try to catch the rookies sleeping. I gotta say though, along with the rest of the D, Barron and David played like monsters. Real happy Dom didn't fall for the Trent Richardson or claibourne hype.

Greg Schiano
09-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Nice try though..

When you guys figure it out, I'll start my game plan. Until then, I am going to go select some more plays from Tecmo for my playbook. We're up 7 now.

Duckdownman
09-11-2012, 04:43 PM
In theory I agree but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The pass game would suffer sooner or later with no mix. You have to keep a defense honest by keeping a good balance with pass/run, and coughlin would have no other way. If our o line isn't generating any push we need to figure out a way to generate ground yards whether is be screens, misdirections, stunts, etc.....not just abandon the run.

SuperNYGiants
09-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm sure Gilbride will call his favorite draw play a dozen times to keep the opponent D honest.

With the Bucs game, basically it'll come down to Bucs passing game vs. Giants pass defense, whichever plays better will have the victory. As much as how bad our secondary has looked, I still like our chances, I don't think Bucs have that good of an offense, and if Giants defense actually shows up, they'll be lucky to score 10 points while our Elite Eli will have 2 pass TDs.

Bucs 13 - Giants 21

JesseJames
09-11-2012, 05:13 PM
the out come of this game against the Bucks will come down to Eli winning the game with his arm unless the team gets some kind of divine intervention and finally finds a way to block some people to open the run game...

BeatYale
09-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I really don't understand how 1 games worth of good run defense gives them that much credibility. Also, abandoning the run completely would be moronic. Regardless of whether it's working good or not, you have to run the ball to some extent for the sake of keeping the defense honest. Even with the passing game you sometimes have to run a low percentage play to keep the secondary from cheating routes you're having success with, fans never like it but it's part of game planning and play calling.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-11-2012, 05:25 PM
When you guys figure it out, I'll start my game plan. Until then, I am going to go select some more plays from Tecmo for my playbook. We're up 7 now.Kinda funny, but seems you are carrying over from the smack talk forum. LOL

bearbryant
09-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm with you, DDM. Ya gotta keep 'em honest and whats more you gotta play smart. I think we have a good bunch of RB's for those types of plays. I know I'm dreaming to ask for 100 yards apeice from AB and DW but with SMART play calling maybe we get 100 yards and keep them leaning forward. Go Giants!
In theory I agree but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The pass game would suffer sooner or later with no mix. You have to keep a defense honest by keeping a good balance with pass/run, and coughlin would have no other way. If our o line isn't generating any push we need to figure out a way to generate ground yards whether is be screens, misdirections, stunts, etc.....not just abandon the run.

Greg Schiano
09-11-2012, 05:46 PM
You've got to run the ball, even if I don't want you to run the ball. We're going to stack 8 in the box, you can almost guaruntee that. It's the passing game that's going to seperate you, but you still have to keep the rangy DBs honest. If you watch the tape, you'll Barron and Black (our Safeties) stretching the field, so if you can suck them in on a good play fake, you'll get a big one or two over the top regardless of whether you're getting positive yardage. Our undertackle, Gerald McCoy will present a key matchup. He's the key reason the Panthers got 10 yards on the ground game. Take it from the Head Coach.

TheEnigma
09-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to talk to us Coach Schiano.

Eliscruzzz
09-11-2012, 05:50 PM
When you guys figure it out, I'll start my game plan. Until then, I am going to go select some more plays from Tecmo for my playbook. We're up 7 now.best football game ever made!!!!

tbf
09-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Giants will find is difficult to run on the Bucs, but Eli is much better than Cam, so Giants will be able to move the ball. I think it will be close if the Bucs can slow down the Giants passing game. The game may come down to a fieldgoal in the final moments.

Greg Schiano
09-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Giants will find is difficult to run on the Bucs, but Eli is much better than Cam, so Giants will be able to move the ball. I think it will be close if the Bucs can slow down the Giants passing game. The game may come down to a fieldgoal in the final moments.

If it's a field goal that wins it, my money is on Barth. How many* field goals has he made consecutively now?! Amazing.

miked1958
09-11-2012, 06:02 PM
So this will be a game that the giants rush for over 200 yards then, right?

Greg Schiano
09-11-2012, 06:06 PM
So this will be a game that the giants rush for over 200 yards then, right?

I'll give you 20 and .5 of a 3 Musketeers Bar for effort. That's as good as I'll go. Take it or leave it.

GameTime
09-11-2012, 06:07 PM

so you want to see them abandon the run after two series if unseccessful......good call. You should put your resume' in for OC....

GameTime
09-11-2012, 06:08 PM
with Bradshaw's terrible display from last week's cant even punched it in at the goal line, I bet the Bucs are laughing in the locker room right now about the week 2 game. Bucs will make Bradshaw suffer the same way as what they did to Deangelo Williams.
yeah...how could Bradhshaw possibly have a good game after last week. Yeah Bucs are laughing.....

Greg Schiano
09-11-2012, 06:09 PM
so you want to see them abandon the run after two series if unseccessful......good call. You should put your resume' in for OC....

Ironically that is exactly what the Panthers did to us. Loved it.

GameTime
09-11-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm sure Gilbride will call his favorite draw play a dozen times to keep the opponent D honest.

With the Bucs game, basically it'll come down to Bucs passing game vs. Giants pass defense, whichever plays better will have the victory. As much as how bad our secondary has looked, I still like our chances, I don't think Bucs have that good of an offense, and if Giants defense actually shows up, they'll be lucky to score 10 points while our Elite Eli will have 2 pass TDs.

Bucs 13 - Giants 21
this makes more sense then yuor original post to start the thread....

GameTime
09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
bingo......................

Toadofsteel
09-11-2012, 06:39 PM
we have to pass to set up the run. Keep passing until they unload the box, and THEN call a run play...

SuperNYGiants
09-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah I like the idea of passing on 1st down to set up the 2nd down and short, that's far more manageable than 3rd and long by going run 1st and 2nd down with no yards gained. If the pass is incomplete on 1st down it's still the same as not getting any on 1st down run play which has less chance of gaining yardage.

I would think the play action would be more effective on 2nd and short than 1st and 10 like Gilbride does and resulting in a sack and a 15 yard loss.

But with our luck I'm sure Gilbride will call 1st and 2nd down run plays on the first series.

SuperNYGiants
09-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Oh wow please challenge Eli and dare him to throw the ball by stacking the box, just do it man, do it! Eli will torch you apart sir.

BurnerNYG
09-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Lol I know there isn't some Yuc fan over here talking trash. Eli's not Cam Newton buddy... go head and put eight in the box and dare Eli to beat you. That's what we want you to do.

njsean
09-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Why would any team bother to put eight in the box to stop our run as if it deserves that kind of respect?

FranklinsTower
09-11-2012, 07:09 PM
thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to talk to us coach schiano.lmao........

RoanokeFan
09-11-2012, 07:19 PM
You can't abandon the run under any circumstances. You have to keep at it until it clicks. We've played one game, and we lost. Where have we heard that before?

derekunion28
09-11-2012, 07:57 PM
You can't abandon the run under any circumstances. You have to keep at it until it clicks. We've played one game, and we lost. Where have we heard that before? why i cant read boards after a lose just plain stupid comments after one game....have the giants not been a competetitive team the last 15 20 years

BigBlue wins
09-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Why would any team bother to put eight in the box to stop our run as if it deserves that kind of respect?

lol- Kind of sad but I have to agree

bbdynasty
09-11-2012, 11:11 PM
wilson will add a spark i think.... hell only get like 5 carries, maybe a screen pass, but he'll envigorate the team nonetheless (i hope)

miked1958
09-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I'll give you 20 and .5 of a 3 Musketeers Bar for effort. That's as good as I'll go. Take it or leave it.I'm actually being funny. (should of posted in RED font). As of now I don't think they could run their way out of a paper bag. However last year in playoffs with worst rushing team in NFL they had some awesome performances on the ground. One game over 200.. Right out of the blue

miked1958
09-11-2012, 11:20 PM
wilson will add a spark i think.... hell only get like 5 carries, maybe a screen pass, but he'll envigorate the team nonetheless (i hope)I hope so? We need a spark

bbdynasty
09-11-2012, 11:24 PM
I hope so? We need a spark
He's clearly an emotional guy, gets really into the games. He'll take over Jacobs's pump-up speech role eventually, ever see that one he gave on youtube to VT? its pretty good.. don't have a link, i saw it on this board a while back, but he plays with passion and i believe he will get this team pumped

ELI_Iz_God
09-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Nothing says "predictable" more than if all we do is pass. SMH. We need to be able to figure out how to run the ball, and that starts with the O-line opening some god damn holes!

you mean when Bradshaw gets stuffed 1st and 2nd down and it's third and long it's not "predictable" that we're having Eli chuck it?..we see this situation way more than we'd like to. Imagine if we spent one of those run downs passing, you would probably see drives staying alive longer...just saying.

giantsfan420
09-11-2012, 11:42 PM
you mean when Bradshaw gets stuffed 1st and 2nd down and it's third and long it's not "predictable" that we're having Eli chuck it?..we see this situation way more than we'd like to. Imagine if we spent one of those run downs passing, you would probably see drives staying alive longer...just saying.

again, i dunno if anyone wants to "abandon it completely", i think we just want to abandon it if it clearly isnt working and actually helping the other defense. and thats so true eliiz, nothing is as predictable as an offense trailing, on a 3rd and long...

Red Rum
09-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Oh wow please challenge Eli and dare him to throw the ball by stacking the box, just do it man, do it! Eli will torch you apart sir.

Be careful what you wish for... :cool:

miked1958
09-11-2012, 11:57 PM
He's clearly an emotional guy, gets really into the games. He'll take over Jacobs's pump-up speech role eventually, ever see that one he gave on youtube to VT? its pretty good.. don't have a link, i saw it on this board a while back, but he plays with passion and i believe he will get this team pumpedI have seen it. Very vocal!

Captain Chaos
09-12-2012, 05:33 AM
I'm hoping that TB stacks the box on us that will give someone one on one. Unleash the Black Unicorn, he will have a big game this week!

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm hoping that TB stacks the box on us that will give someone one on one. Unleash the Black Unicorn, he will have a big game this week!

I am legitimately frightened as I had no idea that mythical creatures are on the NYG roster. The best we could come up with is Jimmy Raye, pretty sure he is from the Jurassic era.

BillTheGreek
09-12-2012, 06:47 PM
I am legitimately frightened as I had no idea that mythical creatures are on the NYG roster. The best we could come up with is Jimmy Raye, pretty sure he is from the Jurassic era.

I have from very reliable sources, that you Guys are in for a shock of a life time & I would not like to upset Jimmy Raye being such a Great Asst. Also he is getting close to retirement. Maybe he should stay home.! I will give you a little clue. That flight back to Tampa is going to be very Quite & Long ,.....

Drez
09-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Be careful what you wish for... :cool:Just ask Ronde Barber.

TextureDj
09-12-2012, 07:08 PM

You sir, are an ***.

But I like you, best troll we have had in some time.
Should we lose this weekend, I may not like you as much though.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-12-2012, 07:15 PM
you mean when Bradshaw gets stuffed 1st and 2nd down and it's third and long it's not "predictable" that we're having Eli chuck it?..we see this situation way more than we'd like to. Imagine if we spent one of those run downs passing, you would probably see drives staying alive longer...just saying.Did you even read what I wrote(typed)????? READ 1st, comment 2nd, killer.

BillTheGreek
09-12-2012, 07:22 PM
You sir, are an ***.

But I like you, best troll we have had in some time.
Should we lose this weekend, I may not like you as much though.

Not to Worry ! the G-Men will make them Sorry they left Tampa !

GO GIANTS !!!!!

Drez
09-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Yes? Go on. Very quite & long......what?
Your first post is going to be pointing out a typo?

Way to go rockstar. Can't wait for your other stellar commentaries.

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Not to Worry ! the G-Men will make them Sorry they left Tampa !

GO GIANTS !!!!!

I don't know, pretty sure we'll have a good time in New York. It's about 374 degrees not counting humidity in Florida and it's pretty much a solid wall of water it's raining so much.

primetime
09-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe one day I can create a super sweet thread about how it's a good idea to abandon the run if it isn't effective after the first series or two.
Don't forget to tip your WingHouse waitress this Sunday

bbdynasty
09-13-2012, 12:29 AM
I guess I'm just disappointed with the lack of football knowledge here.....the senses of humor could clearly use some improvement, too. I know it's not an NY thing, because the folks on the Jets board at least have a decent understanding of the game.

Now you're just being a troll. in 3 posts you haven't seriously said anything football related. at least greg schiano (username) has some thoughtful things to say, no use coming here just to tell us we're more obnoxious than jets fans...

JavaBuc
09-13-2012, 01:19 AM
The Panthers didn't even try to run the ball. That was their biggest mistake.

FlyingTruck
09-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Jeez, why are so many Buc fans signing up to the forums? We don't even have this many Cowboy fans around here.

bbdynasty
09-13-2012, 01:31 AM
Jeez, why are so many Buc fans signing up to the forums? We don't even have this many Cowboy fans around here.

yea i was thinking the same thing... I've seen five already that have just made accounts this month... I only have an account here is it ordinary for people to have accounts on other boards?

JavaBuc
09-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Just coming here to discuss this week's game. I won't post here other weeks. Not until the 2 teams meet again. It's interesting to hear the views of opposing fans.

bbdynasty
09-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Just coming here to discuss this week's game. I won't post here other weeks. Not until the 2 teams meet again. It's interesting to hear the views of opposing fans.

I understand, i do as well, but I guess I'm too lazy to make an account for every team we're going to play lol. Maybe division rivals eventually...
Nice avatar btw

JavaBuc
09-13-2012, 02:32 AM
Ya, gotta love Pirates of the Carribean avatars. ;)

BillTheGreek
09-13-2012, 06:03 AM
Yes? Go on. Very quite & long......what?
I will Let you know on MONDAY ! Promise.......................
GO GIANTS

Drez
09-13-2012, 06:20 AM
I guess I'm just disappointed with the lack of football knowledge here.....the senses of humor could clearly use some improvement, too. I know it's not an NY thing, because the folks on the Jets board at least have a decent understanding of the game.
So, you come here trolling, not even talking anything close to football, and you wonder why you get treated with hostility?

Maybe it's because you're a ******.

blueomaha
09-13-2012, 06:26 AM
this is not the game to experiment with...going 0-2 would be disastrous...a must win, IMO...

brad
09-13-2012, 06:29 AM
this is not the game to experiment with...going 0-2 would be disastrous...a must win, IMO...

Agreed, you can't simply abandon the run.

If any changes are made it should be with the tempo of the offense, and better execution, not by going pass heavy exposing your QB to an all out blitz on every play.

Drez
09-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Just coming here to discuss this week's game. I won't post here other weeks. Not until the 2 teams meet again. It's interesting to hear the views of opposing fans.Welcome to our boards. Hopefully you enjoy yourself here and get some good discussion (and a little good natured smack talk). Not that you need anyone's permission, but feel free to post even after we play.

BillTheGreek
09-13-2012, 06:54 AM
I don't know, pretty sure we'll have a good time in New York. It's about 374 degrees not counting humidity in Florida and it's pretty much a solid wall of water it's raining so much.

In fact do come to NY (nj ) If you think Florida is HOT,wait and see, we will have a welcoming Committee waiting for you, ( Osi, Tuck, and JPP ) Say around 1:00 ! And bring your Purple-K with you, Your going to need it ! As I said , It's going to get very HOT for you here.

JavaBuc
09-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Welcome to our boards. Hopefully you enjoy yourself here and get some good discussion (and a little good natured smack talk). Not that you need anyone's permission, but feel free to post even after we play.

Thanks. I wish the Bucs had Eli.

Greg Schiano
09-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks. I wish the Bucs had Eli.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we could trade teams except we can keep our players from Rutgers.

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 09:16 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we could trade teams except we can keep our players from Rutgers.Come on now coach, you know Freeman is a baller

Greg Schiano
09-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Come on now coach, you know Freeman is a baller

He is a baller, but I'm not about to pass up an opportunity to get any current or former Giants players.

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 09:26 AM
We could use a couple more.. I would love to play with JPP after my boy Penn is done with him.

miked1958
09-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Just coming here to discuss this week's game. I won't post here other weeks. Not until the 2 teams meet again. It's interesting to hear the views of opposing fans.there are alot of other teams fans that post on here on a regular basis. some just wont go away, lol. Guess they like being around a Winner to see what it feels like. lol. anyway we dont mind it, you are welcome here anytime. its the guys (few fans from GB, SF, Philly) that come on here to harrass us on a regular basis that we cant stand...

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 09:30 AM
They can keep David Wilson tho. We don't need any fumbling cry babies in Tampa.

miked1958
09-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Be careful what you wish for... :cool:hey i heard TC was not to HARSH on them this week giving them time off when he could have demanded they come in after that dreadful showing last Wednesday. I guess he must know like you do "Red Rum" that .........

"ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY"

LOL

Dos Equis
09-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Bucs - short for Buccaneers, NFL team in Tampa, FL

Bucks - NBA team in Milwaukee, WI

You shouldn't be so sure that Eli can just throw at will against our secondary. The Bucs' secondary is much more improved than last year, and given that we will have a healthy GMC disrupting the middle of the NYG Oline, Eli will not have as much time to 'pick us apart'.

Dos Equis
09-13-2012, 09:47 AM
So, you come here trolling, not even talking anything close to football, and you wonder why you get treated with hostility?

Maybe it's because you're a ******.

Delt is the truest form of a ******. Ignore him as he loves drama more than the Real Housewives of New Jersey.

Signed,

Buccaneer Fan

Dos Equis
09-13-2012, 10:06 AM
JPP is a USF Bull. Just wanted to point that out.

Greg Schiano
09-13-2012, 10:07 AM
JPP is a USF Bull. Just wanted to point that out.

If you were looking for a double win, he would be an ex-Scarlet Knight. But I'll gladly take another Giants player.

Dos Equis
09-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Well Coach, the first Giants' player you should take is Eli (obvious). The second IMO should be JPP.

Just understand that JPP is known to be very mean to players named after royalty.

JavaBuc
09-13-2012, 08:01 PM
They can keep David Wilson tho. We don't need any fumbling cry babies in Tampa.

Ya, Blount is one too many already.

miked1958
09-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Ya, Blount is one too many already.Give Him a little time and he will make every NFL team wish they drafted him

BigSombrero
09-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Give Him a little time and he will make every NFL team wish they drafted himI'm with you man. I think Blount has been nothing but a plus for us in Tampa.

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Ya, Blount is one too many already.

We should trade him for Tim Tebow.

JavaBuc
09-14-2012, 12:05 PM
We should trade him for Tim Tebow.

Dude, you need to post that on the Bucs board.

BigSombrero
09-14-2012, 12:51 PM
We should trade him for Tim Tebow.Yeah trade a productive back for a QB that can't throw. That would be perfect.

ForzaGiants!
09-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah trade a productive back for a QB that can't throw. That would be perfect.

True, no need to have two QB's who can't throw on the same team. One's more than enough.

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 04:33 PM
True, no need to have two QB's who can't throw on the same team. One's more than enough.

It's alright, if we need to throw the ball we'll put Dan Orlovski in.

ForzaGiants!
09-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Good luck to you coach. Its been fun reading all of your guys posts. All smack aside you all have been a good fan base had fun reading the back and forth.

BigSombrero
09-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Good luck to you coach. Its been fun reading all of your guys posts. All smack aside you all have been a good fan base had fun reading the back and forth.After dealing with the 2012 season superbowl champion Carolina Panther fans this has been refreshing for us too.

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 08:44 PM
After dealing with the 2012 season superbowl champion Carolina Panther fans this has been refreshing for us too.

If Kalil said it, it must be true.

NanoBuc
09-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Bucs fan here...and I don't know why you guys are so concerned with our run D. We literally gave up 150 yards per game last year(and hell, the Carolina Panthers ran for over 400 yards in the two games last year). If this team forgets how to tackle again, then expect Bradshaw to have at least 100 yards.

JavaBuc
09-16-2012, 03:50 AM
Is Bradshaw even still on the Giants? I thought they drafted a RB in the first round to replace him.

OX1
09-17-2012, 09:33 AM
We'll take 87 yards any week..........