PDA

View Full Version : pro bowl voting

Bones911
12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
I was doing the voting engine on NFL.com How come under DE's I CANNOT vote for JPP. Even when I go to Giants I only get tuck and osi. Anyone know how I can vote for JPP.

smashndash715
12-15-2011, 06:31 PM
I was doing the voting engine on NFL.com How come under DE's I CANNOT vote for JPP. Even when I go to Giants I only get tuck and osi. Anyone know how I can vote for JPP.

every1 has brought this up..he technically isnt considered a starter..therefor cant be on the ballot..same thing with cruz..it is bs..but thats how it is..every1 knows they should both be in it

titwio
12-15-2011, 06:35 PM
What I want to know is why is Laurent Robinson on the ballot along with Austin and Bryant? I know Robinson wasn't a starter from day one so.....

What's up with that and using that excuse as to why Cruz isn't on the ballot?

myles2424
12-15-2011, 06:39 PM
What I want to know is why is Laurent Robinson on the ballot along with Austin and Bryant? I know Robinson wasn't a starter from day one so.....

What's up with that and using that excuse as to why Cruz isn't on the ballot? cowboy *** kissing continues

myles2424
12-15-2011, 10:48 PM

^^^^^^ someone answer this question^^^^^

titwio
12-15-2011, 11:35 PM

Thanks Myles....I've been waiting too.

BlueSanta
12-16-2011, 12:15 AM

Its been answered quite often in the forums actually.

Only named starters get pro bowl consideration. For some unknown reason, even thogh JPP has now started more games at DE than Osi this year, Osi is still the named starter.

It is also 1 of the big reason, I beleive, that during last weeks game Chris Collinsworth was so vocal about JPP being a pro bowler.

The same problem plagues Victor Cruz who isnt a named starter since he is technically the 3rd wr and we list a FB as on offensive starter rather than 3 wrs.

myles2424
12-16-2011, 12:33 AM

Only named starters get pro bowl consideration. For some unknown reason, even thogh JPP has now started more games at DE than Osi this year, Osi is still the named starter.

It is also 1 of the big reason, I beleive, that during last weeks game Chris Collinsworth was so vocal about JPP being a pro bowler.

The same problem plagues Victor Cruz who isnt a named starter since he is technically the 3rd wr and we list a FB as on offensive starter rather than 3 wrs.
we know that, his question is, if that's the case then how the hell is Laurent Robinson on the Ballot???

titwio
12-16-2011, 12:36 AM

The Cowboys do the same. Tony Fiammetta is the FB with Austin and Bryant as the wide-outs. Robinson wasn't even the starter when Austin went down...Kevin Ogletree was. Robinson was splitting time with Holley as the 4th WR until around weeks 6-7.

I have NFL Rewind and I even went back and checked and the Cowboys never start with 3 WR's...They use a FB and or an extra TE playing as the H-back and Robinson is never mentioned as a starter till after a quarter of season underway when Austin goes down and he surpasses Ogletree.

I remember someone clearing something up as far as the Saints were concerned but the Cowboys use a FB and two WR's so the notion that they use 3 starting WR's is false.

BlueSanta
12-16-2011, 04:34 AM

The Cowboys do the same. Tony Fiammetta is the FB with Austin and Bryant as the wide-outs. Robinson wasn't even the starter when Austin went down...Kevin Ogletree was. Robinson was splitting time with Holley as the 4th WR until around weeks 6-7.

I have NFL Rewind and I even went back and checked and the Cowboys never start with 3 WR's...They use a FB and or an extra TE playing as the H-back and Robinson is never mentioned as a starter till after a quarter of season underway when Austin goes down and he surpasses Ogletree.

I remember someone clearing something up as far as the Saints were concerned but the Cowboys use a FB and two WR's so the notion that they use 3 starting WR's is false.

Every team has the option to name whoever they want as the starters. Being named a starter doesnt mean you on the field on the 1st play either.

The problem I have the NFL has, in the past, made exceptions to this rule. I do remember this coming up in the mid 90's when Charles Haley was with the cowboys. I might have some details wrong but I do remember some of it. He would come in only on passing downs and initially wasnt the named starter, but voting was different then and he recieved the most votes at the position. The NFL made an exception in his case and the Boys later gave him offical "starter" title once he was already a pro bowler because there was a stink about it.

All I am saying is that JPP is CLEARLY a pro bowler this year. Last I checked he led the league in tackles for DE and was 2nd in sacks among DEs. Not only that, but he has played more snaps this year at DE than Osi has. So the league needs to do something to fix this.

fizzlestick
12-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Probowl eligibility has nothing to do with being a starter. Each team gets to pick a set number of players from each position to be on the ballot + 1 flex player that be be either a RB or WR. The Giants chose a second RB (Jacobs) and the Cowboys picked a third WR.