PDA

View Full Version : New Refs, New Game

bearbryant
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
With all the hub bub about the Giants poor O line, bad secondary play and no halftime adjustments by the coaching staff, what was the one item that everyone watched this past week end and no one has mentioned yet? Its the type of game the refs are allowing the players to play! They're letting these guys play ball and I'm loving it!! No you might be the kind who says that Cruz was interfered with in the end zone last week and maybe he was however, the refs are calling the games the same for everyone and I hope that TC and Co. have taken notice of this and they tell the guys to play accordingly next Sunday. Dallas out muscled us, they manhandeled us. Hey, fool me, once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. This week these guys better come out punching, kicking and clawing on both sides of the ball. If we don't every other team in the league will be. Go Giants!!

eastbayblue
09-11-2012, 06:24 PM
I like old refs better!

OX1
09-11-2012, 06:43 PM
With all the hub bub about the Giants poor O line, bad secondary play and no halftime adjustments by the coaching staff, what was the one item that everyone watched this past week end and no one has mentioned yet? Its the type of game the refs are allowing the players to play! They're letting these guys play ball and I'm loving it!! No you might be the kind who says that Cruz was interfered with in the end zone last week and maybe he was however, the refs are calling the games the same for everyone and I hope that TC and Co. have taken notice of this and they tell the guys to play accordingly next Sunday. Dallas out muscled us, they manhandeled us. Hey, fool me, once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. This week these guys better come out punching, kicking and clawing on both sides of the ball. If we don't every other team in the league will be. Go Giants!!

If anyone knew they were just going to flat out stop calling penalties across the board, we would have built our team from a bunch of convicts and philly fans (oh wait same thing). Aside from the D-line we are built more for finesse.

BigBlueAllDay
09-11-2012, 08:47 PM
I think the replacements refs will be here to stay unless some major screwups happen. They already locked up refereeing Week 2 games. The original refs might as well stick to their primary jobs or hobbies or whatever they do with the way things are going.

CowboysSuck
09-11-2012, 09:20 PM
With exception of the SF GB game, where the ref crew was pretty strict, I'd lean towards agreeing with you. I think these refs are just as good as the "real refs" to be honest. There is no lack of intelligence per se, It's just a simple learning curve, and given enough time, these refs will be just as timely and efficient with the calls as the "real" referees.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-11-2012, 09:37 PM
The refs' suck butt. Once again with a strict T.C. and his "i dont get called for bs penalty" attitude, we have already suffered with mugging on our recievers and our D rushers. Our team plays straight forward and is now suffering from the lack of BS calls. I am throwing my hands up and saying the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS will never get a FAIR shake in this game. All the rules and gestures are down the drain as far as I see it.

Whomever refs these games better have a secondary ride home if they dont call a fair game!!!

gmen0820
09-11-2012, 09:39 PM
I can't believe anyone thought that Replacement Refs would be better, or "not-worse". I cautioned against this. These refs suck, they're stupid, they're slow, and they're impressionable. Ridiculous.

miked1958
09-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I mean if the giants didn't get the picture with all the holding and take downs that Dallas OLine did to us and all the bumping after 5 yards and holding onto WRs then they are in trouble. By the 3rd quarter it was evident that they were not calling anything but Illeagle Procedure and delay of game penalities. So we should have followed suit and done the same thing to them

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-11-2012, 10:13 PM
I mean if the giants didn't get the picture with all the holding and take downs that Dallas OLine did to us and all the bumping after 5 yards and holding onto WRs then they are in trouble. By the 3rd quarter it was evident that they were not calling anything but Illeagle Procedure and delay of game penalities. So we should have followed suit and done the same thing to themDont forget the false start on a WR(VICTOR CRUZ) like really are ya outta your mind? when is the last time we saw a false start on a WR?

MattMeyerBud
09-11-2012, 10:14 PM

I am so happy you said that because I agree.

These refs have no egos and it's letting these guys be more raw, I love it

And yes they are not anywhere near the old refs knowledge wise, but let be real there's going to be a learning curve. Most of us called for all those old refs to get the hook, I want to see how these guys do once they get some experience under their belt. Unfortunately, there's only one way to get NFL ref experience

Roosevelt
09-11-2012, 10:19 PM

I'm not sure what your talking about. How many false starts were called in that game, 20?

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-11-2012, 10:27 PM
I am so happy you said that because I agree.

These refs have no egos and it's letting these guys be more raw, I love it

And yes they are not anywhere near the old refs knowledge wise, but let be real there's going to be a learning curve. Most of us called for all those old refs to get the hook, I want to see how these guys do once they get some experience under their belt. Unfortunately, there's only one way to get NFL ref experienceUnfortunatley, for this ref experience to work out well we cant have T.C. at the helm. He is a straight up football coach and teaches that to HIS players from day one. I believe we will suffer with the new so called regime of refs while others like the cheating Iggles, Dallasss, and others prosper. I for one wouldnt change a thing, other than to have Tom allow his bullys' to be bullys' and knock the snot outta some opposing players!

Rod-Diggity
09-11-2012, 10:43 PM
I dunno what the hell some of you are looking at, these refs are entirely too slow making calls and it's completely obvious they don't have a full grasp or understanding of the game. Some are decent most should be at home watching the games like us it's only a matter of time before a blown call costs one of these teams a game forreal. Hopefully it's not us but if it is I bet my left *** cheek that there will be 200 threads about how we need the reg. Refs back not now but right now

gmen0820
09-11-2012, 10:52 PM
You guys do realize that the Refs gave Seattle a 4th timeout within the ten yard line which nearly cost AZ the game, and after the game the red said "my error". Really? Seriously? Yesterday 12 men broke the huddle for the Raiders and the refs didn't see it. Norv Turner literally came running on the field yelling at the refs and then he threw the flag after getting lashed at by Turner. They completely blew what should have been an overturn of Boldin's TD. They missed a huge block in the back in the Packers game that gave the Pack a STs TD. They suck!And like I said before, oh my god so ****ing slow. And they don't even have the announcing procedures down. "Uh, #74 15 yard roughing-unnecessary roughing passer- defense". So annoying.

MattMeyerBud
09-11-2012, 10:57 PM
You guys do realize that the Refs gave Seattle a 4th timeout within the ten yard line which nearly cost AZ the game, and after the game the red said "my error". Really? Seriously? Yesterday 12 men broke the huddle for the Raiders and the refs didn't see it. Norv Turner literally came running on the field yelling at the refs and then he threw the flag after getting lashed at by Turner. They completely blew what should have been an overturn of Boldin's TD. They missed a huge block in the back in the Packers game that gave the Pack a STs TD. They suck!And like I said before, oh my god so ****ing slow. And they don't even have the announcing procedures down. "Uh, #74 15 yard roughing-unnecessary roughing passer- defense". So annoying.

These guys have to learn all the situational ins and outs of reffing. NFL rules are like no where else. There is really no way for these guys to know. I mean he'll we act like the old refs wereso great, but they really weren't. They had a much better understanding that only comes with experience. But they have had their blown calls as well.

bbdynasty
09-11-2012, 11:07 PM
There were so many holds that couldve been called... we could've sacked romo 5+ times if it werent for those holds. it's frustrating, b/c even if the hold is called, we could've had a tackle for a loss and a loss of down. the hold gives them another chance, and some of our linebackers cand handle that kind of run time

DandyDon
09-12-2012, 12:07 AM
I think the replacements refs will be here to stay unless some major screwups happen. They already locked up refereeing Week 2 games. The original refs might as well stick to their primary jobs or hobbies or whatever they do with the way things are going.

How many times have the "real refs" given a team an extra time out because they had no clue?

Captain Chaos
09-12-2012, 05:31 AM
There were too many missed calls this weekend the replacements need replacing!

OX1
09-12-2012, 08:06 AM
I mean if the giants didn't get the picture with all the holding and take downs that Dallas OLine did to us and all the bumping after 5 yards and holding onto WRs then they are in trouble. By the 3rd quarter it was evident that they were not calling anything but Illeagle Procedure and delay of game penalities. So we should have followed suit and done the same thing to them

Won't happen. This team makes major course corrections like an aircraft carrier.
Sometimes it is good, like letting Eli "grow" to where he is now vs Sanchez's deal, but in
this case, it is not.