PDA

View Full Version : Will Tampa be David Wilsons redemption game?

ELI_Iz_God
09-12-2012, 01:20 AM
I got a feeling this kid is gonna get some confidence in the upcoming game vs Tampa. no facts to back this up but...just a gut feeling.....

giantsfan420
09-12-2012, 01:23 AM
oh god that would be huge. Are we home? Its chilly up here. but in TB im sure it will be muggy.

I hope that not only for Wilson, but for the OL they can start the redeeming...

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 01:24 AM
YES. hell come out with a vengeance to prove himself. i hope he gets a screen pass, i really hope, he'll take it all the way

giantsfan420
09-12-2012, 01:27 AM
i'd be fine if he had a quiet day but had that one play where he displayed athleticism and speed that no one Martin included, could match.

If he can have like a 10 carry, 47 yard day with a screen pass reception for a td or 50 yds or smething, i'd consider that an awesome day

ELI_Iz_God
09-12-2012, 01:31 AM
i'd be fine if he had a quiet day but had that one play where he displayed athleticism and speed that no one Martin included, could match.

If he can have like a 10 carry, 47 yard day with a screen pass reception for a td or 50 yds or smething, i'd consider that an awesome day

Yeah that would be cool. I just feel for the kid for the fact that since wednesday, he possibly has had that fumble dancing through his head. I just want to see him achieve some of the greatness he's capable of doing.

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 01:32 AM
he can be such a dynamic player for us... like the victor cruz of the backfield

giantsfan420
09-12-2012, 01:38 AM
that is an awesome description but it may be too early. if u reworded it "he COULD be the VC of our backfield" yeah 100% he's gotta earn it tho. i see what u mean tho and agree he has the talent to be that guy

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Hopefully Coughlin will give him more snaps this game. The kid is way too explosive to be sitting on the bench.

giantsfan420
09-12-2012, 01:53 AM
if he doesnt fumble, he should play a lot.

TheEnigma
09-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Not this game but I'm feeling it against the Eagles in Week 4. Especially against that Wide 9.

egyptian420
09-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Like someone just said, its really in Coughlin's hand. Im not sure how he's feeling about Wilson and how many touches he wants to give him. I think if he gets the opportunity and the O line starts actually starts doing their job he can have a decent game.

PennState1
09-12-2012, 02:08 AM
But I'm thinking about going with him in my fantasy league this week as my Flex player. Thoughts??

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 02:11 AM
But I'm thinking about going with him in my fantasy league this week as my Flex player. Thoughts??
me too unfortunately... i don't have any better options myself

TheShouldersOf
09-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Any game he has the ability to dominate, given the opportunities,

he has to get his own Rhythm and feel to the NFL, with limited snaps it might take a couple games of consistent playing, but when he does, explosive wont describe him best

PennState1
09-12-2012, 02:17 AM
me too unfortunately... i don't have any better options myself

I have good options but I believe in our guy. It's just a question of time until he is ready to show us what the Giants see in him.

RagTime Blue
09-12-2012, 02:23 AM
In all likelihood, David Wilson will be with us for a long time. He'll have his ups and downs. I don't think this game (or even this season) will define him.

Captain Chaos
09-12-2012, 06:19 AM
I think Wilson will be up for it, the question is will the O Line be there for him?????

ryan12
09-12-2012, 10:00 AM
its gonna be tough the bucs stopped cam newton and d will from running but i bet you all david wilson was thinking about while he was on bench crying was this weeks game

GameTime
09-12-2012, 10:21 AM
the guy has played ONE...count it ONE reg season pro game and ALREADY he needs redemption???!!!!!!!!

wow....

ryan12
09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
the guy has played ONE...count it ONE reg season pro game and ALREADY he needs redemption???!!!!!!!!

wow....

cmon gametime you no how it works here. after week 1 we are the worse team in the nfl

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 11:53 AM
I think back to the preseason when a lot of folks here wanted Ware gone because we drafted Wilson. Some of us suggested there is a learning curve involved and one of the reasons Ware was valuable was because he didn't fumble. And here we are now worried about Wilson. He will get his baptism of fire and all we can do now is support him and hope he plays better.

ryan12
09-12-2012, 12:34 PM
I think back to the preseason when a lot of folks here wanted Ware gone because we drafted Wilson. Some of us suggested there is a learning curve involved and one of the reasons Ware was valuable was because he didn't fumble. And here we are now worried about Wilson. He will get his baptism of fire and all we can do now is support him and hope he plays better.

learning curve or not we need him on the field he showed good flashes and will hit the hole a hell of alot faster then ab who looked old and slow against dallas

BParcells777
09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO
TB held Carolina to 10 yds rushing TOTAL.......including the Superman QB

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Carolina runs this baby read-option grade school garbage and tries to run around east-west. That kind of thing just doesn't work well in this league. Stack some tight ends and play physical. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the Carolina game.

Mod_C
09-12-2012, 12:50 PM
learning curve or not we need him on the field he showed good flashes and will hit the hole a hell of alot faster then ab who looked old and slow against dallas

What we need is for David to hold onto the ball. A problem that didn't begin last week.

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 12:55 PM
What we need is for David to hold onto the ball. A problem that didn't begin last week.

This is very true. High and tight. Our team had fits with fumbles last season. It's been a huge focus by me this off season.

BigBlue1971
09-12-2012, 01:13 PM
I got a feeling this kid is gonna get some confidence in the upcoming game vs Tampa. no facts to back this up but...just a gut feeling.....

hopefully Wilson will have his breakout game! he certainly has enough motivation with fumbling and losing last week and he knows the guy hes going against was taken 1 spot before him in the draft!

i have a feeling he'll be ready!

ryan12
09-12-2012, 01:32 PM

that may have been his label in college not one time did he fumble in the preseason... it was his first nfl game it was a mistake and hopefully its corrected cut the man some slack. because he fumbled 1 time in 1 game now he has that "label" again

ryan12
09-12-2012, 01:33 PM
This is very true. High and tight. Our team had fits with fumbles last season. It's been a huge focus by me this off season.

the fact that you are pretending to be Greg Schiano is creepy

nycsportzfan
09-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Hes got enough talent to explode at any point, thats for sure.. I'm more eager to see if he can do it consistently..

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 02:56 PM
that may have been his label in college not one time did he fumble in the preseason... it was his first nfl game it was a mistake and hopefully its corrected cut the man some slack. because he fumbled 1 time in 1 game now he has that "label" again

It took Tiki Barber a long time to find the handle

GameTime
09-12-2012, 02:58 PM
It took Timi Barber a long time to find the handle
what was Timi the triplett in the group??
Thought it was just Rohnde and Tiki....

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 02:59 PM

This isn't about "labeling" anyone. It's about holding onto the ball. This is the NFL and the defense is keying on the ball on every play. I love Wilson, have his OLD jersey, and expect he will be a great running back. But he is not perfect and he needs to learn how to carry the ball so as not to lose it.

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 03:06 PM
what was Timi the triplett in the group??
Thought it was just Rohnde and Tiki....

I was trying to get one over on Harooni :p

JesseJames
09-12-2012, 05:42 PM
I know I'm alone with this opinion but I disagreed with TCs decision to take Wilson out of the game when he fumbled. We weren't doing anything meaningful against the Cowboys and nothing was working well and we took out our only game breaker and reduced our chances to win and we didn't win when maybe just maybe Wilson could have made that big play and got us those points.

GameTime
09-12-2012, 05:44 PM
I was trying to get one over on Harooni :p
I think he just calls him "Pookie Bear".....lol

Mod_C
09-12-2012, 05:51 PM
I know I'm alone with this opinion but I disagreed with TCs decision to take Wilson out of the game when he fumbled. We weren't doing anything meaningful against the Cowboys and nothing was working well and we took out our only game breaker and reduced our chances to win and we didn't win when maybe just maybe Wilson could have made that big play and got us those points. I disagree that we weren't doing anything. We had the ability to tie the score with little more than 2 minutes left in the game. If we didn't let Romo convert that 3rd and 11, we get the ball back. Wilson wasn't "taken out of the game" he was taken out of the offense. When we win the turnover battle, we are 49-7.

JesseJames
09-12-2012, 05:58 PM
I disagree that we weren't doing anything. We had the ability to tie the score with little more than 2 minutes left in the game. If we didn't let Romo convert that 3rd and 11, we get the ball back. Wilson wasn't "taken out of the game" he was taken out of the offense. When we win the turnover battle, we are 49-7. see now there is another thing I don't understand, he wasn't taken out of the game because he was still back there returning kicks, whats the difference if a player turns the ball over returning a kick off or while running the ball, its still a turn over

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 06:24 PM
see now there is another thing I don't understand, he wasn't taken out of the game because he was still back there returning kicks, whats the difference if a player turns the ball over returning a kick off or while running the ball, its still a turn over

I don't know that answer, but I think TC does consider the player and just wanted to keep him away from the running game, not cut his gonads off.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-12-2012, 06:56 PM
I just read an article That basically stated T.C. is getting his confidence back in Wilson. He said he will get some Offensive carries during this upcoming game. I also understand how Tom took him out of the offense and not returning kicks. With the condition Wilson was in after the fumble, trying to remember plays and snap counts was not what he needed, however when returning the ball all he had to do was catch,run, and hold onto the ball. He will get better!!!

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 07:24 PM
I just read an article That basically stated T.C. is getting his confidence back in Wilson. He said he will get some Offensive carries during this upcoming game. I also understand how Tom took him out of the offense and not returning kicks. With the condition Wilson was in after the fumble, trying to remember plays and snap counts was not what he needed, however when returning the ball all he had to do was catch,run, and hold onto the ball. He will get better!!!

When we win the turnover battle, we're 49 - 7

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I think he just calls him "Pookie Bear".....lol

How precious is that lol

miked1958
09-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Wilson has three problems on Sunday. First and foremost he has to get on the field. TC has a habit of burying rookies on the bench that make mistakes that cause turnovers. If he gets past TC then he has to get that fumble out of his head. If he runs thinking about it, saying "I hope I don't fumble, I hope I don't fumble", he will be finished before he starts. Can't play scared to make a mistake. 3rd is our OLine has to open holes for him and AB or it will be handoff, tackle in backfield for loss. Eli may have to be creative to get the ball in his hands in space.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-12-2012, 07:32 PM
When we win the turnover battle, we're 49 - 7I saw that stat earlier. Hell I believe that when most teams win the turnover battle they have a higher % of wins. I am not sure that your reply to me was warranted though. I put it into perspective.

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 07:35 PM
I saw that stat earlier. Hell I believe that when most teams win the turnover battle they have a higher % of wins. I am not sure that your reply to me was warranted though. I put it into perspective.

That was me agreeing with you

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-12-2012, 07:40 PM
That was me agreeing with youAHHHHH, I see, as the Blind Man starts up the chainsaw. Cool.

Joe Morrison
09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Put it this way, it's put up or hit the bricks if he puts it on the ground this week.

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Wilson has three problems on Sunday. First and foremost he has to get on the field. TC has a habit of burying rookies on the bench that make mistakes that cause turnovers. If he gets past TC then he has to get that fumble out of his head. If he runs thinking about it, saying "I hope I don't fumble, I hope I don't fumble", he will be finished before he starts. Can't play scared to make a mistake. 3rd is our OLine has to open holes for him and AB or it will be handoff, tackle in backfield for loss. Eli may have to be creative to get the ball in his hands in space.

TC has said Wilson will get offensive snaps.

AntB
09-13-2012, 12:47 AM
I'd like to see Brown get a shot at number 2 to give Wilson a little more time to work on the ball handling and gradually work his way in if possible. If we can get a lead in some games it would be a good time to give Wilson some carries. Brown seems like he can be explosive as well. Scott might surprise as well.

bbdynasty
09-13-2012, 01:33 AM
I'd like to see Brown get a shot at number 2 to give Wilson a little more time to work on the ball handling and gradually work his way in if possible. If we can get a lead in some games it would be a good time to give Wilson some carries. Brown seems like he can be explosive as well. Scott might surprise as well.

I'd like to see brown maybe on a goal line carry.. bradshaw just needs to tough it out and push through, but he doesn't seem to have the strength which is surprising to me. brown has some strength i think, but I don't want any experiments going on in a reg season game, he needs to prove himself in practice to earn that role. ....ware couldve done it...

BlueBlooded1979
09-13-2012, 01:41 AM
As long as TC has his confidence about this kid then it is all good. If he fumbles again he will won't be seen until after thanksgiving. Would like to see Brown get goalline detail..

JavaBuc
09-13-2012, 02:14 AM
I think the Giants wanted Doug Martin and got stuck taking Wilson because the Bucs snagged Martin right in front of the Giants.

miked1958
09-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Turned out to be Andre Browns Redemption game

nhpgiantsfan
09-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Cant really compare Marin & Wilson. Martin was drafted with the intention "This is our guy right now." Wilson was drafted with "This is going to be our next guy." Wilson may have had just as much success as Martin if he was forced into the same situation.

miked1958
09-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Cant really compare Marin & Wilson. Martin was drafted with the intention "This is our guy right now." Wilson was drafted with "This is going to be our next guy." Wilson may have had just as much success as Martin if he was forced into the same situation.Yea I agree. Wilson will have to wait his turn. However when its all said and done 10/12 yrs down the road I see no reason why Wilsons numbers wont be just as good as Martins or better for their careers

NYKiller
09-18-2012, 11:15 AM
No, Coughlin got all the excesses he need to not start the ROOKIE, which is what he really want anyway. It's about Veteran-ship until the loosing comes or fans complain that the running game suck lol. I hope to see more of Andre Brown and Wilson more on Thursday. Wilson excuses, "chances."

I respect you Coughlin, but I can see the truth. Don't underestimate the fans.

gumby74
09-18-2012, 11:21 AM
The jury is still waaay out on Wilson, but my initial reaction is that he's not what we need right now. Our oline has issues holding blocks for 2 milliseconds. We need a guy that just hits the hole as hard as he can and fall forward for a couple/few yards. All this dancing around ie Bradshaw just isn't working. But it's just me where I'd rather have consistent low avg yardage compared to , 0, -1, -1, and 20 yards for a higher avg but more erratic play..

Toadofsteel
09-18-2012, 11:37 AM
I had said back during the preseason that we needed Brown, he's the power-back now that Jacobs is gone, not to mention younger and less banged up too...

JesseJames
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
first round picks are supposed to start and contribute in todays NFL, now maybe they don't start at the beginning of the season but at some point they should be a starter so maybe we just have to wait on Wilson and not rush him...

miked1958
09-18-2012, 03:01 PM
I had said back during the preseason that we needed Brown, he's the power-back now that Jacobs is gone, not to mention younger and less banged up too...i agree with you

TrueBlue@NYC
09-18-2012, 03:10 PM
first round picks are supposed to start and contribute in todays NFL, now maybe they don't start at the beginning of the season but at some point they should be a starter so maybe we just have to wait on Wilson and not rush him...

Yep, it's only two games into the season. Wilson is gonna win alot of people's fantasy leagues as that late year bust out player. Guys with his kind of speed and moves generally don't go too long before they start making big impacts on games.

The worst thing that could have happended to him was that fumble. Things like that linger with TC for a long time with rookies.

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 03:21 PM

Since TCs became the head coach here in NYC, only 1 offensive rookie has ever gotten the start week 1. That was Chris Snee in TCs 1st year with the team.

All others have had to wait, often times till way late in the season before being allowed significant playtime. Nicks got some limited early playtime, like Wilson has, but he didnt get the start till later in 2009, despite a huge need at the wr position that year.

Giants do not draft based on what we need tomorrow. They draft based on what we need for the future. Wilson just turned 21 years old. He is among the youngest players in the NFL. He will play when TC is ready to play him.

TheShouldersOf
09-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Wilson is getting limited opportunities, 3 Carries, 6 snaps in the Tampa game, that is not nearly enough, experience, and or opportunities,

i said this since preseason, they should have given him more snaps and more experience,

they bring him out, run the same play, and take him out, by now the defense expects it to happen, and people wonder why he didn't get yardage? had he gotten the same snaps as Brown, he would have produced, if not equal surpassing

Remember the Bears game? albeit preseason he showcased power,speed, and ability

he had a good protection block in the Tampa game

if they didn't believe he had play-making ability, they wouldn't utilize him on Kickoff returns, i just hope he doesn't become the glorified Return man this season,

BeatYale
09-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Wilson is getting limited opportunities, 3 Carries, 6 snaps in the Tampa game, that is not nearly enough, experience, and or opportunities,

i said this since preseason, they should have given him more snaps and more experience,

they bring him out, run the same play, and take him out, by now the defense expects it to happen, and people wonder why he didn't get yardage? had he gotten the same snaps as Brown, he would have produced, if not equal surpassing

if they didn't believe he had play-making ability, they wouldn't utilize him on Kickoff returns, i just hope he doesn't become the glorified Return man this season,

When Brown replaced Bradshaw, that simply meant Brown is above Wilson right now in regards to knowing our offense, particularly pass protection assignments. The coaches aren't stupid. They aren't going to throw Wilson onto the field more for the sake of developing him via trial and error. Not at the expense of Eli's safety. He'll get more snaps when he earns the coaches trust. We don't know what's going on in practice, we just know the guy can run fast.

nhpgiantsfan
09-18-2012, 04:15 PM

How can you say he would've produced the same or better as Brown. You have nothing to base that on. That is a pure guess and nothing more.

Hooligans
09-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Now Wilson is 3rd String....and sinking fast....he might be another Ron Dayne or Prince.