PDA

View Full Version : Rolle "Start throwing at me"

giantsfan420
12-16-2011, 12:08 AM
On the ESPN NY website, Rolle is claiming QB's don't challenge him and that he is a ballhawk and wants to be challenged.

I couldnt help but think he plays the slot wr a lot, and a ton of completions are to the slot wr. he was also playing vs NO and GB, surely there were plenty of plays the QB challenged him.

I like Rolle, good player imo. But I'm on the "enough is enough" talk already. He already gave Wash. bulletin board material with the whole 99 out of 100x we beat them, now he's saying QBs dont challenge him and that the blown coverages weren't his fault and yada yada yada...

TALK WITH YOUR PLAY ON THE FIELD. Rolle is signed to a huge contract, and has only produced 2 ints. Granted, he's had to play all sorts of roles and not really been able to ball hawk, but in AZ he had 10 ints and 3 tds in like a 3 yr span...if Rolle can step up and play at the level he thinks he can, he could put the team over the top bc he'd improve our pass defense.

But, daring QBs to challenge you and throw at you when you havent made hardly any plays on the pass...not too smart

Redeyejedi
12-16-2011, 12:32 AM
On the ESPN NY website, Rolle is claiming QB's don't challenge him and that he is a ballhawk and wants to be challenged. I couldnt help but think he plays the slot wr a lot, and a ton of completions are to the slot wr. he was also playing vs NO and GB, surely there were plenty of plays the QB challenged him. I like Rolle, good player imo. But I'm on the "enough is enough" talk already. He already gave Wash. bulletin board material with the whole 99 out of 100x we beat them, now he's saying QBs dont challenge him and that the blown coverages weren't his fault and yada yada yada... TALK WITH YOUR PLAY ON THE FIELD. Rolle is signed to a huge contract, and has only produced 2 ints. Granted, he's had to play all sorts of roles and not really been able to ball hawk, but in AZ he had 10 ints and 3 tds in like a 3 yr span...if Rolle can step up and play at the level he thinks he can, he could put the team over the top bc he'd improve our pass defense. But, daring QBs to challenge you and throw at you when you havent made hardly any plays on the pass...not too smartRolle is a guy that should be cut. gets paid a lot of money,flaps his mouth and does nothing to back it up.

Slunk3AM
12-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Eek.

If QBs start accepting his invitation we may be in trouble.

JMFP2
12-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Rolle needs to understand that QBs are throwing to uncovered receivers.</P>

It would kind of defeat the purpose if the QB threw to him instead of the guy he is supposed to be covering, who happens to be behind the defense and running toward the end zone.</P>

Note the complete lack of Rolle anyway in the picture....literally, a Dallas Cheerleader is in a better position to disrupt this play....</P>

<SPAN>http://www.brandonwade.com/storage/DallasCowboys_NewYorkGiants_BrandonJacobs_TonyRomo _CowboysStadium_WideAnglePhoto_JerryTron_DezBraynt _MilesAustin_Touchdown106.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEV ERSION=1323723486763</SPAN></P>

barran21
12-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Rolle is a moron...

BlueSanta
12-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Teams have thrown all over us recently.

We are the 30th ranked defense in the league.

How exactly havent teams been throwing at Rolle? The Cowboys threw at him, but he wasnt there(see dez Bryant hilight.)

GiantWarfare
12-16-2011, 02:09 AM
yet another verbal gem spoken by none other than the man himself.

Keep flapping them gums Rolle, keep flapping them gums...

egyptian420
12-16-2011, 02:47 AM
As much as I hate everything that comes out of his mouth, I still think he's the best safety on this team and he's an emotional leader for the defense. I do think he's overpaid big time and he also needs to keep his mouth shut.

giantsfan420
12-16-2011, 03:57 AM
i agree with everyone. but still, rolle IS a very talented player who hasnt lived up to the billing.

if he somehow can turn into an ed reed, or half the player reed is, our defense would be much better and could really push us over the top.

hopefully something clicks, he gets an int or something and plays confident.

gmen46
12-16-2011, 05:05 AM
i agree with everyone. but still, rolle IS a very talented player who hasnt lived up to the billing.

if he somehow can turn into an ed reed, or half the player reed is, our defense would be much better and could really push us over the top.

hopefully something clicks, he gets an int or something and plays confident.

Rolle isn't Ed Reed. and has never been Ed Reed (very few are).

Everybody here seems to think he was such an interception magnet, when in fact he's only had multiple interceptions 2 of his 7 years in the league (2 of his 5 in AZ).

In the last 7 seasons we've had our multiple interception seasons from all our CBs, not safeties.

The only safety we've had more than 2 interceptions from in recent years has been Grant (3 last year), and everybody on this board constantly trash him.

Rolle's talk has been small potatoes in the grand scheme of trash talk. He's never really bad-mouthed any opponent, he's called out the defense when it was obvious they needed to be called out, but not in any demeaning way. And he's had high praise for JPP and Eli this season.

He IS one of the team leaders according to what I've heard a couple players say.

Coughlin has praised his tenacity in trying to do better throughout the season and said recently that he regularly stops by his office to review one thing or another about how he can do better to improve their defense.

All the reaction to what he says is way, way, way overblown on this board. Entitled to react, of course, but in my opinion the reactions have been nothing but making a mountain out of a Rolle-hill.

And whoever posted earlier in this thread that he just gave the Redskins "bulletin board material"---seriously?

First--bulletin material for the Redskins? Wo-o-o-o-o, I'm scared!

Second, if the Skins are playing for anything at all at this point, it's for their jobs. Bulletin board material isn't going to have one iota of effect for them, especially something Rolle said 3 months ago.

Buto
12-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Rolle shouldn't feel slighted.
On this back field the QBs aren't looking for the weak link.
They're just throwing it anywhere and chance are no DB will be there.

nycsportzfan
12-16-2011, 08:26 AM
On the ESPN NY website, Rolle is claiming QB's don't challenge him and that he is a ballhawk and wants to be challenged. I couldnt help but think he plays the slot wr a lot, and a ton of completions are to the slot wr. he was also playing vs NO and GB, surely there were plenty of plays the QB challenged him. I like Rolle, good player imo. But I'm on the "enough is enough" talk already. He already gave Wash. bulletin board material with the whole 99 out of 100x we beat them, now he's saying QBs dont challenge him and that the blown coverages weren't his fault and yada yada yada... TALK WITH YOUR PLAY ON THE FIELD. Rolle is signed to a huge contract, and has only produced 2 ints. Granted, he's had to play all sorts of roles and not really been able to ball hawk, but in AZ he had 10 ints and 3 tds in like a 3 yr span...if Rolle can step up and play at the level he thinks he can, he could put the team over the top bc he'd improve our pass defense. But, daring QBs to challenge you and throw at you when you havent made hardly any plays on the pass...not too smartRolle is a guy that should be cut. gets paid a lot of money,flaps his mouth and does nothing to back it up. I coulden't agree more! I remember how little u liked em when we signed em and for the mostpart U coulden't of been more right with your analysis! I was saying the other day I woulden't be surprised if he were cut in the offseason We shall see!

Redeyejedi
12-16-2011, 08:38 AM
i agree with everyone. but still, rolle IS a very talented player who hasnt lived up to the billing. if he somehow can turn into an ed reed, or half the player reed is, our defense would be much better and could really push us over the top. hopefully something clicks, he gets an int or something and plays confident. Rolle isn't Ed Reed. and has never been Ed Reed (very few are). Everybody here seems to think he was such an interception magnet, when in fact he's only had multiple interceptions 2 of his 7 years in the league (2 of his 5 in AZ). In the last 7 seasons we've had our multiple interception seasons from all our CBs, not safeties. The only safety we've had more than 2 interceptions from in recent years has been Grant (3 last year), and everybody on this board constantly trash him. Rolle's talk has been small potatoes in the grand scheme of trash talk. He's never really bad-mouthed any opponent, he's called out the defense when it was obvious they needed to be called out, but not in any demeaning way. And he's had high praise for JPP and Eli this season. He IS one of the team leaders according to what I've heard a couple players say. Coughlin has praised his tenacity in trying to do better throughout the season and said recently that he regularly stops by his office to review one thing or another about how he can do better to improve their defense. All the reaction to what he says is way, way, way overblown on this board. Entitled to react, of course, but in my opinion the reactions have been nothing but making a mountain out of a Rolle-hill. And whoever posted earlier in this thread that he just gave the Redskins "bulletin board material"---seriously? First--bulletin material for the Redskins? Wo-o-o-o-o, I'm scared! Second, if the Skins are playing for anything at all at this point, it's for their jobs. Bulletin board material isn't going to have one iota of effect for them, especially something Rolle said 3 months ago.Yeah but he is paid like Ed Reed.The simple fact is he is not worth anywhere close to what he is getting paid.I thought he was one of the more overrated players in the NFL when he got here and he still is overrated. What kind of leader cares more about the back of the jersey then the front.People complain about the leadership on the Giants all the time maybe just maybe its because they have leaders like Rolle

BklynBlue
12-16-2011, 09:08 AM
I really wish he would just STFU!!

Harooni
12-16-2011, 10:43 AM
I really wish he would just STFU!!
this

Ruttiger711
12-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Rolle needs to understand that QBs are throwing to uncovered receivers.</p>

It would kind of defeat the purpose if the QB threw to him instead of the guy he is supposed to be covering, who happens to be behind the defense and running toward the end zone.</p>

Note the complete lack of Rolle anyway in the picture....literally, a Dallas Cheerleader is in a better position to disrupt this play....</p>

<span>http://www.brandonwade.com/storage/DallasCowboys_NewYorkGiants_BrandonJacobs_TonyRomo _CowboysStadium_WideAnglePhoto_JerryTron_DezBraynt _MilesAustin_Touchdown106.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEV ERSION=1323723486763</span></p>

It not so many words - Rolle made it clear that it wasnt him that was out position on this play. In other words that Webster passed him off to safety help when he shouldnt have.

thegreatone
12-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Rolle needs to understand that QBs are throwing to uncovered receivers.</p>

It would kind of defeat the purpose if the QB threw to him instead of the guy he is supposed to be covering, who happens to be behind the defense and running toward the end zone.</p>

Note the complete lack of Rolle anyway in the picture....literally, a Dallas Cheerleader is in a better position to disrupt this play....</p>

<span>http://www.brandonwade.com/storage/DallasCowboys_NewYorkGiants_BrandonJacobs_TonyRomo _CowboysStadium_WideAnglePhoto_JerryTron_DezBraynt _MilesAustin_Touchdown106.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEV ERSION=1323723486763</span></p>lmao this is exactly what i thought of when i read the thread title. Rolle has been a bust just like most of our "high profile" acquisitions

miked1958
12-16-2011, 11:29 AM
I would have to look back through the pages of Threads to be sure, but I am almost Certain that someone started a Thread that had a topic dealing with Rolle.</P>

I think it had to do with him being the worst in the NFL on a lists of DBs. Didnt really see what they were talking about but pretty sure they were quoting off a list on NFL.com that listed Stats and he was DEAD LAST...lol</P>

miked1958
12-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Yep here it is..........................</P>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2374949.aspx (/forums/thread/2374949.aspx)</P>

He was rated number 85 out of 85 Safetys...LOL</P>

and Grant was not much better at 65.</P>

KP was at number 10 on that list. </P>

This thread had 7pages to it, so I am sure this Post I made didnt surprise anyone. Most of us have either seen it, or posted on that thread. </P>

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm not sure about his football ability anymore but I sure want to see him become Speaker of the House.

CSPAN would become the best comedy show ever.

Kase-1
12-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Yep here it is..........................</p>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2374949.aspx (/forums/thread/2374949.aspx)</p>

He was rated number 85 out of 85 Safetys...LOL</p>

and Grant was not much better at 65.</p>

KP was at number 10 on that list. </p>

This thread had 7pages to it, so I am sure this Post I made didnt surprise anyone. Most of us have either seen it, or posted on that thread. </p>How come nobody else can check those stats??

MikeIsaGiant
12-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Now I'm starting to get annoyed by Rolle

Harooni
12-16-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure about his football ability anymore but I sure want to see him become Speaker of the House.

lmao

i wonder if other teams fans are as hard on their own players and coaches as we NY fans are.

Weygand
12-16-2011, 03:09 PM
So everyone else in the 'Hole in the Secondary Gang' is getting spit roasted BUT him?

Criminy

Weygand
12-16-2011, 03:10 PM

lmao

i wonder if other teams fans are as hard on their own players and coaches as we NY fans are.

Only if they care, my good sir, only if they care.

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 03:13 PM

lmao

I approve of your new avatar sir!

DavenIII
12-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Rolle is a moron...

or maybe he's a genius, everyone around here is saying that they aren't throwing at Rolle cause he has the coverage, maybe he's just trying to tempt opposing QB's into throwing to covered receivers instead of open receivers...I mean if he's had the coverage whats the worst that can happen from his comment?

I really like Rolle, I think he gets our team pumped up definitely one of the leaders on our defense.

slipknottin
12-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Everyone was dying to have a vocal leader two seasons ago. So they get one now everyone wants him to shut up.

Giants fans are an amusing bunch.

BParcells777
12-16-2011, 03:15 PM
He's right

They have him playing 220 lb LBer half the time.......our depletion of the LBer corp and their lack of ability in the first place has hurt Rolle's season

deekay7685
12-16-2011, 03:16 PM
"at the end of the day" Rolle is an overrated, overpaid big mouth

BParcells777
12-16-2011, 03:21 PM
last year playing true Saftey he was a near All Pro

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 03:28 PM

Except for all the times he was out of position.

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 03:29 PM
He's right

They have him playing 220 lb LBer half the time.......our depletion of the LBer corp and their lack of ability in the first place has hurt Rolle's season

And here I thought El Nino was a better alibi for Rolle.

G-Man67
12-16-2011, 03:51 PM
this guy gotta stop talking ... i want my pass rushers fired up , but not my Safetys ... he's gotta play smart back there ... if he tries to make a miracle INT, it might be another 7 on the board against us

Morehead State
12-16-2011, 03:54 PM
On the ESPN NY website, Rolle is claiming QB's don't challenge him and that he is a ballhawk and wants to be challenged. I couldnt help but think he plays the slot wr a lot, and a ton of completions are to the slot wr. he was also playing vs NO and GB, surely there were plenty of plays the QB challenged him. I like Rolle, good player imo. But I'm on the "enough is enough" talk already. He already gave Wash. bulletin board material with the whole 99 out of 100x we beat them, now he's saying QBs dont challenge him and that the blown coverages weren't his fault and yada yada yada... TALK WITH YOUR PLAY ON THE FIELD. Rolle is signed to a huge contract, and has only produced 2 ints. Granted, he's had to play all sorts of roles and not really been able to ball hawk, but in AZ he had 10 ints and 3 tds in like a 3 yr span...if Rolle can step up and play at the level he thinks he can, he could put the team over the top bc he'd improve our pass defense. But, daring QBs to challenge you and throw at you when you havent made hardly any plays on the pass...not too smart</P>

He must have been misquoted.</P>

He must have said...... "STOP throwing at me!!!".</P>

Buto
12-16-2011, 04:27 PM
He can't cover anymore but he makes more open field tackles than anyone else on the defense.
You hear his name (makes the tackle or in on the tackle) more often than any other D player.
Kiwi is up there too.
He's not worth the money but he plays three positions.
Where is Phillips? Do you ever hear his name?

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 05:59 PM
On the ESPN NY website, Rolle is claiming QB's don't challenge him and that he is a ballhawk and wants to be challenged. I couldnt help but think he plays the slot wr a lot, and a ton of completions are to the slot wr. he was also playing vs NO and GB, surely there were plenty of plays the QB challenged him. I like Rolle, good player imo. But I'm on the "enough is enough" talk already. He already gave Wash. bulletin board material with the whole 99 out of 100x we beat them, now he's saying QBs dont challenge him and that the blown coverages weren't his fault and yada yada yada... TALK WITH YOUR PLAY ON THE FIELD. Rolle is signed to a huge contract, and has only produced 2 ints. Granted, he's had to play all sorts of roles and not really been able to ball hawk, but in AZ he had 10 ints and 3 tds in like a 3 yr span...if Rolle can step up and play at the level he thinks he can, he could put the team over the top bc he'd improve our pass defense. But, daring QBs to challenge you and throw at you when you havent made hardly any plays on the pass...not too smart</P>

He must have been misquoted.</P>

He must have said...... "STOP throwing at me!!!".</P>

I think he was challenging someone to a game of dodgeball considering his propensity for being where the ball isn't.

JMGGIANTS
12-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Be careful what you ask for Antrel because you may just get it.

giantsforce
12-16-2011, 06:08 PM

Except for all the times he was out of position.Which is more often than not! He needs to shut up and play.

Weygand
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Everyone was dying to have a vocal leader two seasons ago. So they get one now everyone wants him to shut up.

Giants fans are an amusing bunch.

What we wanted was for on the field leadership, not locker room bravado.

Big Difference

Morehead State
12-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Everyone was dying to have a vocal leader two seasons ago. So they get one now everyone wants him to shut up. Giants fans are an amusing bunch.</P>

Well I agree completely and I would even go a step further. Some of these fans really care about the soap opera aspects of our team. Who cares what players say to the media. Who cares what Rolle says, who cares what BJ says. None of it means anything.</P>

Its all about what happens on the field. If they play well it won't matter what they say. If they play crappy, it won't matter what they say.</P>

Who cares people?????? Why do some of you care about this fluffy media crap?</P>

DJloves
12-17-2011, 11:40 AM
At first his smack talk was cool, but not it's just annoying. Shut up and play, because right now you are partly responsible for this horrendous "defense".

TroyArcher
12-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Like most from the U, mouth is bigger than their game.

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-17-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, but has Rolle broken up a single pass this season??? !!! Becareful what you wish for, Antrel.

EJ Blue
12-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Rolle talks a lot of junk for someone who'a been a J.A.G since he put on a blue jersey.

JMFP2
12-17-2011, 03:08 PM
It not so many words - Rolle made it clear that it wasnt him that was out position on this play. In other words that Webster passed him off to safety help when he shouldnt have.
</P>

Yes, that's what Rolle said. And Webster said the same thing (basically because Rolle implied Webster was out of position, since it was an either/or coverage responsibility).</P>

This sort of lack of accountability is something I'm trying to correct with my 3rd grade son.</P>

And it's one of the reasons why this defense is ranked #30.</P>

Harooni
12-17-2011, 06:22 PM
if they they let Rex throw all over them, he might get some things thrown his way from the fans.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-17-2011, 06:35 PM
</P>

Yes, that's what Rolle said. And Webster said the same thing (basically because Rolle implied Webster was out of position, since it was an either/or coverage responsibility).</P>

This sort of lack of accountability is something I'm trying to correct with my 3rd grade son.</P>

And it's one of the reasons why this defense is ranked #30.</P>

</P>

i have been watching the game again and its for me to disagree with Rolle. </P>

Joe Morrison
12-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Opposing QB's don't have to throw at Rolle, he is usually out of position so it's an easy toss to an open reciever.</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
12-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Nice one Rolle... you ****ing suck

shut your damn mouth you hack

giantsfan420
12-18-2011, 03:16 PM
rolle is garbage im off his bs, he hasnt done **** and wont do ****.

jpp and eli, we should just field both them on both sides of the ball and those two alone.

no one else deserves to play, add Phillips he should play too he makes catches at least