PDA

View Full Version : Imperative we get the #4 Seed because...

giantsfan420
12-16-2011, 04:39 AM
Teams like Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit...even Dallas should they make it(as a WC somehow if Detroit and Atlanta somehow lose out, lol), all play much better at home than they do on the road.

I know we've had the most success as the Road Warriors, but we'll have plenty of time to do that after we win in round 1 of the playoffs.

If we play Detroit or Atlanta, they are dome teams and could struggle a lot playing in cold Giants stadium with those winds a blowing. Its a slower track than the dome, and that favors us on defense imo.

I see no reason why we shouldn't beat Washington and the Jets, and I KNOW Dallas will lose to Philly, maybe even Tampa. So we should have the fourth seed.

Also, our offense will be one of the BEST in the NFL if our run game continues to build on the past two weeks. Said it before the season but quieted down some during the 4 game losing drought but never stopped believing that this team, this QB could do something really special...how sweet would it be if we beat NO and then GB (undefeated) to make it to the Super Bowl?? It doesnt seem nearly as improbable to say that now

NYG4lifeNYK
12-16-2011, 04:57 AM
With you 100%... win the next 3 & let the journey begin....

SweetZombieJesus
12-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Yeah well the flip side is that Coughlin has NEVER won a home playoff game. 0-2.

And both of them were horrible disgusting season enders -- 23-0 to the Panthers in 2005 and 23-11 to the Eagles in 2008.

SweetZombieJesus
12-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Yeah well the flip side is that Coughlin has NEVER won a home playoff game. 0-2.

And both of them were horrible disgusting season enders -- 23-0 to the Panthers in 2005 and 23-11 to the Eagles in 2008.

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Teams like Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit...even Dallas should they make it(as a WC somehow if Detroit and Atlanta somehow lose out, lol), all play much better at home than they do on the road.

I know we've had the most success as the Road Warriors, but we'll have plenty of time to do that after we win in round 1 of the playoffs.

If we play Detroit or Atlanta, they are dome teams and could struggle a lot playing in cold Giants stadium with those winds a blowing. Its a slower track than the dome, and that favors us on defense imo.

I see no reason why we shouldn't beat Washington and the Jets, and I KNOW Dallas will lose to Philly, maybe even Tampa. So we should have the fourth seed.

Also, our offense will be one of the BEST in the NFL if our run game continues to build on the past two weeks. Said it before the season but quieted down some during the 4 game losing drought but never stopped believing that this team, this QB could do something really special...how sweet would it be if we beat NO and then GB (undefeated) to make it to the Super Bowl?? It doesnt seem nearly as improbable to say that now

true but Atlanta seems to have gotten it together from their woes...

I would of much rather played Detroit in playoffs, but it looks like its ATL at home or bust...

nygsb42champs
12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Agreed. We need the #4 seed. Make a dome team play outdoors in January.

Drez
12-16-2011, 09:57 AM
More importantly than anything you just mentioned about securing the 4 seed...</P>

There are very few scenarios (and nearly none that are realistic) where we make the playoffs if we don't win the East.</P>

Chances are better than not that if we're not playing a first round home playoff game, we're not playing a game in the playoffs.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 10:01 AM
More importantly than anything you just mentioned about securing the 4 seed...</p>

There are very few scenarios (and nearly none that are realistic) where we make the playoffs if we don't win the East.</p>

Chances are better than not that if we're not playing a first round home playoff game, we're not playing a game in the playoffs.</p>

ATL locked up the first WC spot, but I'd say that last one is still wide open

Redeyejedi
12-16-2011, 10:17 AM
More importantly than anything you just mentioned about securing the 4 seed...</P>

There are very few scenarios (and nearly none that are realistic) where we make the playoffs if we don't win the East.</P>

Chances are better than not that if we're not playing a first round home playoff game, we're not playing a game in the playoffs.</P>

I dont see the Giants being the favorite in that one. Still Id rather the Giants play them then the Saints

Drez
12-16-2011, 10:22 AM

</P>

The issue is that we don't own a single tie breaker, due to our poor conference record. </P>

So, if we finish 9-7 along with any other team than AZ, we'll lose the tie breaker. Chicago's hopes look dim right now, but Detroit would need to lose out for us to get a WC over them.</P>

daynemustgo
12-16-2011, 10:24 AM
They seem to play better on the road not to mention they have never won a single home playoff game under Coughlin...

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 10:28 AM
More importantly than anything you just mentioned about securing the 4 seed...</p>

There are very few scenarios (and nearly none that are realistic) where we make the playoffs if we don't win the East.</p>

Chances are better than not that if we're not playing a first round home playoff game, we're not playing a game in the playoffs.</p>

I dont see the Giants being the favorite in that one. Still Id rather the Giants play them then the Saints

ehhh

just looked at the scenerio. We def won't have the Conference Record even if Det loses 2 games, they'd have to lose out.

Division or bust. Cowboys won't be able to get it either

Lions clinch wildcard with a win and Bears loss.

Mercury
12-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Everyone knows, third times the charm.

TuckYou
12-16-2011, 10:36 AM
If we dont win the division, we arent going to the playoffs

Drez
12-16-2011, 10:37 AM

ehhh

just looked at the scenerio. We def won't have the Conference Record even if Det loses 2 games, they'd have to lose out.

</P>

Is it crazy that I hope that however it works out (saying there's no upsets in the WC round), that I'd rather have to travel to GB in the Divisional Round, rather than NO? </P>

Actually, come to think of it, is there evena scenario where we don't go to NO in the Divisional Round (saying they lock up the 2 seed)?</P>

daynemustgo
12-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Funny how thing work out. If Dallas and NY both win this week, then the Jets game is meaningless.

Everything comes down to the last game of year.

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 10:41 AM

ehhh

</p>

Is it crazy that I hope that however it works out (saying there's no upsets in the WC round), that I'd rather have to travel to GB in the Divisional Round, rather than NO? </p>

Actually, come to think of it, is there evena scenario where we don't go to NO in the Divisional Round (saying they lock up the 2 seed)?</p>

yea as long as the 9ers win first round of the playoffs, then they'd have to go to NO

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Funny how thing work out. If Dallas and NY both win this week, then the Jets game is meaningless.

doing our part to shut up the Jets will never be meaningless!

daynemustgo
12-16-2011, 10:45 AM

I am already having panic attacks about the defense letting Sanchez look good.

GMENAGAIN
12-16-2011, 10:46 AM
They seem to play better on the road not to mention they have never won a single home playoff game under Coughlin...</P>

You act like TC has lost 100 home playoff games. </P>

He has lost 2 . . . . both to teams that ended up playing in the NFC Championship Game. The 2005 team was just not ready and was decimated by injuries (starting LB's . . . Alonzo Jackson, Kevin Lewis and Nick Griesen)</P>

The 2008 loss to the Eagles . . . .well, there was really no excuse for that one. </P>

To me, 2 games do not establish a pattern . . . .. </P>

daynemustgo
12-16-2011, 10:51 AM
They seem to play better on the road not to mention they have never won a single home playoff game under Coughlin...</P>

You act like TC has lost 100 home playoff games. </P>

He has lost 2 . . . . both to teams that ended up playing in the NFC Championship Game.* The 2005 team was just not ready and was decimated by injuries (starting LB's . . . Alonzo Jackson, Kevin Lewis and Nick Griesen)</P>

The 2008 loss to the Eagles . . . .well, there was really no excuse for that one. </P>

To me, 2 games do not establish a pattern . . . .. </P>

That's fine. I am just suprised that in 7+ years here they haven't one a single home playoff game. Even crappy Reeves won a home game and Fassel won two.

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 10:55 AM
They seem to play better on the road not to mention they have never won a single home playoff game under Coughlin...</p>

You act like TC has lost 100 home playoff games. </p>

He has lost 2 . . . . both to teams that ended up playing in the NFC Championship Game. The 2005 team was just not ready and was decimated by injuries (starting LB's . . . Alonzo Jackson, Kevin Lewis and Nick Griesen)</p>

The 2008 loss to the Eagles . . . .well, there was really no excuse for that one. </p>

To me, 2 games do not establish a pattern . . . .. </p>

yea i guess ur right

we are very balanced in between the road and at home

under coughlin at home were 35-27

on road we're 37-26

these are regular season numbers.... i guess we are due for a home playoff win

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 10:55 AM
They seem to play better on the road not to mention they have never won a single home playoff game under Coughlin...</p>

You act like TC has lost 100 home playoff games. </p>

He has lost 2 . . . . both to teams that ended up playing in the NFC Championship Game. The 2005 team was just not ready and was decimated by injuries (starting LB's . . . Alonzo Jackson, Kevin Lewis and Nick Griesen)</p>

The 2008 loss to the Eagles . . . .well, there was really no excuse for that one. </p>

To me, 2 games do not establish a pattern . . . .. </p>

That's fine. I am just suprised that in 7+ years here they haven't one a single home playoff game. Even crappy Reeves won a home game and Fassel won two.

there has only been only 2 of them and a superbowl win though

lnp12
12-16-2011, 12:49 PM

+1

hungrrrry
12-17-2011, 09:08 AM

</P>

The issue is that we don't own a single tie breaker, due to our poor conference record. </P>

So, if we finish 9-7 along with any other team than AZ, we'll lose the tie breaker. Chicago's hopes look dim right now, but Detroit would need to lose out for us to get a WC over them.</P>I have had similar thoughts...if we don't win the division then we are likely out of playoffs unless ATL CHI and DET all collapse. I really hope we just win division. I hate backing into the playoffs! I would also enjoy Jerry Jones suffering by not making the playoffs again...call me cruel!

Eli2Nicks612
12-17-2011, 10:17 AM

Uh, if both the Cowboys and the Giants win this week, the Jets game still matters because if we win that game and the Cowboys lose to the Eagles then we clinch the division. If anything the Cowboys Bucs game is meaningless because there's no difference between the Cowboys going 1-1 with a loss against the Eagles and going 0-2. The only way it matters is if the Cowboys go 2-0 and we go 0-2 then the Cowboys clinch the division.

Back on topic, I think there is a huge difference between playing Atlanta at home versus going on the road to play San Francisco or New Orleans.

TroyArcher
12-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah well the flip side is that Coughlin has NEVER won a home playoff game.* 0-2.

The playoff loss at home to the Panthers is foregivable as the Giants were playing with LB's that were literally pulled off the street. The Eagle los ws unforgivable.

GameTime
12-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Lets beat Washington first....</P>

</P>

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-17-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm hoping the six seed is Atlanta, cuz they'll end up playing the Saints. I think they can beat the Saints, too. So if we take care of business in the wildcard round, we'll march into San Fran for the divisional round. If we win, we'll play the winner of Green Bay vs. Atlanta in the NFCCG. I like our odds against both teams. Whoever the six seed is, they absolutely have to beat New Orleans in the wildcard round for us to have a shot at a Super Bowl because I have no faith that we walk in to Louisiana and beat the Saints in the NFCCG which I think would ultimately end up being our path to the Super Bowl...

yoeddy
12-17-2011, 03:17 PM

If Dallas gets the Wild Card, we would play them at the Meadowlands...