PDA

View Full Version : FWIW Greenberg said...

Seducer
12-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Giants could be the surprise team to knock off the Packers at Lambeau. I've heard him say it before but today he said if the Giants defense can figure it out at all then we have a puncher's chance.

buddy33
12-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Let them make the playoffs first.

Captain Chaos
12-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Giants could be the surprise team to knock off the Packers at Lambeau.* I've heard him say it before but today he said if the Giants defense can figure it out at all then we have a puncher's chance.

If the Defense steps up at all we will have a puncher's chance. The thing with this team is that we know the D can play much better than it has been, it's not like they are incapable of being a solid D!

threenout
12-16-2011, 09:18 AM
need Tuck and Osi to contribute then we have a chance

T.Rice57
12-16-2011, 09:23 AM
FWIW?

nygsb42champs
12-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Lets get in first. One week at a time.

Redeyejedi
12-16-2011, 09:52 AM
FWIW?
For what its worth.
For what its worth I value Mike Greenburgs opinion less then most on this board

Seducer
12-16-2011, 09:53 AM
FWIW? For what its worth. For what its worth I value Mike Greenburgs opinion less then most on this board</P>

Yeah, all the analysts are the same. I trust none.</P>

buddy33
12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
We may never see Osi play for the Giants again and I would not be surprised if Tuck was done for the year. Even if Tuck tries to play he would be doing it on one foot and basically be useless.

Might as well give Trattou a chance.

TuckYou
12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
If we had any kind of defense this season, we would be a superbowl contender. Unfortunately we have no defense, at all.

GMENAGAIN
12-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I'd be happy just to get to a playoff game with the Packers . . ..

miked1958
12-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Giants could be the surprise team to knock off the Packers at Lambeau. I've heard him say it before but today he said if the Giants defense can figure it out at all then we have a puncher's chance. If the Defense steps up at all we will have a puncher's chance. The thing with this team is that we know the D can play much better than it has been, it's not like they are incapable of being a solid D!</P>

The Problem is in the games where the Defense steps up, the offense doesnt score enough points which made for close wins or even losses.</P>

Exp's; Game 1 - Held Skins to 28 and lost cause we only scored 14. played down to opponent</P>

Game 2 -- again we held Rams under 30 beating them 28-16. Again the Offense didnt score 30 but we got the win but it was a struggle. Should have blown them out. Playd down to opponent</P>

Game 3 -- beat eagles AWAY.. prob besides Pats one of best all around games of year.. 29-16. Held them under 20 (2nd game in row D did that) but we didnt score 30...Good win</P>

Game 4 -- First time where we scored over 30 and held opponent uinder 30 in a 31-27 win over Cards. However that Cruz play is called correctly we lose 27-24</P>

Game 5-- Bad loss giving up 36 to Seattle and we only put up 25. Played down to opponent</P>

Game 6-- 27-24 win over Bills.. Good Win held them under 30 (high scoring offense) and got the win. didnt score 30 ourselves but like the Eagles game. Great overall performance</P>

Game 7 -- 20-17 Win over Winless Dolphins. Again held opponent down under 20 but played WAY down to level of Opp only scoring 20.. Starting to see a pattern here??</P>

Game 8 -- 24-20 win over Pats. Great win. goes with Philly and Bills games. again didnt score over 30 but beat an elite team. </P>

Game 9 -- 27-20 loss to niners at SF. Great overall game but another case of holding OPP under 30 and not putting up the numbers ourselves only putting up 20. D did great job holding SF to reasonable points but Offense could not score enough.</P>

Game 10--17-10 loss at HOME to Philly. Again D steps up holds OPP under 20. Offense doesnt show up. scores only 10... </P>

Game 11-- 49-24.. Bad on boths sides of the Ball. and we got some garbage time Tds or it would have been worse..</P>

Game 12-- 38-35 Loss to the Champs. We put up over 30 but couldnt stop them from scoring.especially with 58ticks left.</P>

Game 13-- 37-34 win over Dallas. again socred over 30 but really couldnt stop their offense..stopped them that one time it counted when we scored that first TD to ballard to close to 34-29 to get the ball back to go on the game winning drive. but again D almost fails with 46ticks left</P>

</P>

So the pattern here is CLEAR. Mostly playing up or down to level of Opponents all season. When we score over 30 the other team is to and we are eeking out wins. When we hold them under 30 or even 20 we were still either just eeking out wins because the offense decided not to score as much that day or we lost cause the offense couldnt score enough. </P>

9times we have held opp's under 30... in 8 of them we dont score 30 ourselves and were 5-3 in those games. In the 1 game of the 9 we did score over 30 we beat the Cards 31-27 and prob should of lost that game. </P>

In games when opp's scored 30 or more we are 1-3 with the only win coming at Dallas this past week</P>

We need to change that trend going into the playoffs and score over 30 and hold Skins, Jets and Dallas to under 30.. no lets say under 20 points in all of those games giving us 3 overall balanced games in a row prior to playoffs.</P>

By the way this offense has only scored over 30pts 3times this season.</P>

they have scored over 25pts 8times. So that must be the key number. right around 4tds and try and hold the opp to about 3 or less. Dont think that will happen with the pattern they have set in 13 games but we will see.</P>

fewellmustgo
12-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Only 3 teams in the nfl averaged over 30 points. A good defense should let up no where near 30 points. You dont need to score 30 for me to say the offense did good. Even the worst Defense Indy let up less then 30 on average. When you let up over 30 points you dont deserve to win imo.

miked1958
12-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Only 3 teams in the nfl averaged over 30 points. A good defense should let up no where near 30 points. You dont need to score 30 for me to say the offense did good. Even the worst Defense Indy let up less then 30 on average. When you let up over 30 points you dont deserve to win imo.
</P>

you are right and we lost 2of3 while doing just that in last three games so you are on target</P>

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Giants could be the surprise team to knock off the Packers at Lambeau.* I've heard him say it before but today he said if the Giants defense can figure it out at all then we have a puncher's chance.

I would tend to agree .... we'd fair better against GB at Lambeau then against the Saints in the Superdome (imo).

Course that means we have to actually make the playoffs (PLAYOFFS?!) and win our first playoff game since 2007.

Moss#83
12-16-2011, 11:51 AM
I believe the Giants can compete against anybody other than the Saints.

But a healthy Boley can definitely be an x factor in deciding how far we can go from here on out. Almost every elite NFC team has an elite TE. We lost 4 in a row because Boley was not in the lineup.

miked1958
12-16-2011, 07:34 PM
I dont know what it is about the saints, weather we don't matchup well or what..
But I know this we can't be scared to play a certain team. We need to get the monkey off our Backs and beat this team

P_Simms_#11
12-16-2011, 07:37 PM
If we had any kind of defense this season, we would be a superbowl contender. Unfortunately we have no defense, at all.

Only JPP.

a4gmen
12-17-2011, 08:06 AM
If we make the playoffs, I fear New Orleans more than the Packers.They (N.O.) really seem to have our number.

GameTime
12-17-2011, 09:56 AM
If we make the playoffs, I fear New Orleans more than the Packers.They (N.O.) really seem to have our number.
</P>

The Giants D can get lit up by anyteam. The only dif between the saints game and the packers was the Giants offense for the most part.</P>

</P>

fourth&forever
12-17-2011, 10:20 AM
</P>

The Giants D can get lit up by anyteam. The only dif between the saints game and the packers was the Giants offense for the most part.</P>

*</P>
also the Saints played well and the Pack played poorly (but still won).