PDA

View Full Version : Perry Fewel ???

sheepdip
09-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Please oh please stop dropping Tuck into pass coverage, it has never worked and probably never will. Why take a pass rusher off the line and give a cozy
pocket. Hmm lets think about it. Lets take 1 pass rusher away and only rush 3 and let Tony have 5 secs to look down field, I am sure he isnt worried about Tuck intercepting a pass, oh there goes Olgatree running free down the field, let me toss a pass to him since he is now wide open.

TL - Sheridan ? PF any difference ??

Where was the pass rush ? everyone wants to blame our secondary which didnt play well. Even our Top corner looked awful. 1st and 31 and let someone get behind you is just bad football.

Where was the Nascar rush ?.

Remember folks we had a far worst secondary in 07/08 and yet we overcame that with pressure and blitzes. I see nothing from Tim at all. Rush 4 and hope they get there ? or better yet rush 3 and drop a pass rusher into the middle of nowhere.

Blitz for cripes sakes. Disguise and fake blitz. Usually when we show blitz we always come and never audible out even after the opposing QBs know its coming and they are ready for that. Very Frustrating.

I watched some of TB's game vs Panthers and there DC called a pretty good game. Mind you Cam was terrible as well but maybe as a result of pressure and schemes by Defense.

Anywways moral of the story, P Fewel get your head out of your arse. Make things happen !. You have the tools you just need to know how to use them.

RagTime Blue
09-12-2012, 09:11 AM
I agree we let Romo have waaaaayyy too much time, and some of those first down conversions were inexcusable. Dallas wanted so badly to give us this game through penalties, and we just couldn't take it from them.

But honestly, I'm more disappointed at the offense. The offense as a unit, and the OLine in particular. Don't we have basically the same line that won the SB last season?? But the receivers, backs, and QB played less than adequate to win a ball game. . .especially with their star nose tackle out, we couldn't run the ball.

ryan12
09-12-2012, 09:16 AM
you mean perry fewell right?

Dwinsballgames
09-12-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm guessing that you know that Tim lewis isn't our DC. You have to be using a bit of satire here and comparing Perry Fewel to TL, Right?? Otherwise, pretty scary post.

But that aside, I agree and I get angry too when I see our D Linemen droppig off into coverage.

GameTime
09-12-2012, 09:20 AM
more over reacting to one subpar game....
everyone chill the &^&* out already. if it becomes a trend then we can all whine and *****. Unitl then just chill.............

pthere55
09-12-2012, 09:22 AM
who is tim lewis?

GameTime
09-12-2012, 09:24 AM
who is tim lewis?
a previous DC that was didnt do very well and all the board armchair DCs knew more then he did....

GMENAGAIN
09-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Every team in the league has formations where lineman drop into coverage.

GameTime
09-12-2012, 09:43 AM
yeah but havent heard...
Tuck is done, he sucks, he has no leadership, he is all talk, he cant play, he sat out last year because of a little groin injury, he takes snaps away from Ojomo, etc.....

CowboysSuck
09-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Tim Lewis LOL

From Lewis to Sapgnuolo to Sheridan to Fewell to??? by the way the pattern is looking, our next D.C is gonna be awful!!! ha

Mistanihan
09-12-2012, 10:01 AM
It's called "a different look". It's funny, people will praise Perry when it works, but the few times it is not effective, everyone jumps ship and starts a riot. First full game and tons of injuries to the secondary. They'll work it out.

JPP is a monster double and triple teamed all night.

sheepdip
09-12-2012, 10:20 AM
yes Fewel. Who was from Buffalo. Sorry I made a mistake when writing.

Ruttiger711
09-12-2012, 10:24 AM
TL - Sheridan ? PF any difference ??

The hardware as a DC?

YATittle1962
09-12-2012, 10:45 AM

not only this.....but the beloved Steve Spagnuolo who everyone holds in the highest regard and begs the return of anytime the defense gives anything but a stellar performance was the king of dropping D linemen into coverage.

go watch any film from his era.....even Superbowl XLII...and you will see Strahan......Strahan Mr. pass rush extraordinaire dropping into coverage.

now I agree that there is a time and a place fro this to be called......but it being called is not something Perry Fewell alone does

TheAnalyst
09-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I just wish Fewel was more aggresive and exotic with blitzes, especially on 3rd downs, but he is a good DC, and probably a good HC one day.

burier
09-12-2012, 10:52 AM
It's called "a different look". It's funny, people will praise Perry when it works, but the few times it is not effective, everyone jumps ship and starts a riot. First full game and tons of injuries to the secondary. They'll work it out.

JPP is a monster double and triple teamed all night.

Excuse me, PFs three man rush hardly ever works. We get toasted far more often then not when we try it.

We have to figure what to do about Tuck. We need to reduce his snaps by half.

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 10:54 AM
The biggest problem they had was lack of execution by the secondary.

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Instead of blaming Fewell, who doesn't wear a jersey why not give props to Joseph and Bernard for their sacks?

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Lol. Reduce the snaps for Tuck by half? Why? Because he was getting a break on the side line? Oh how horrible! Maybe if the secondary could have done their job they would have stood a chance. Every single time the defense needed a stop the secondary was the unit that failed to do so.

burier
09-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Lol. Reduce the snaps for Tuck by half? Why? Because he was getting a break on the side line? Oh how horrible! Maybe if the secondary could have done their job they would have stood a chance. Every single time the defense needed a stop the secondary was the unit that failed to do so.

By half because he clearly NEEDED a break...He clearly was ineffective and he clearly has shown a pattern where he can't bring it week in and week out.

The secondary was bad but are we really going to talk about the Secondary? Really?? You want to talk about the secondary when we have this VUANTED Defense..Nascar Package nonsense that is supposed to be covering the secondary's *** not Vice Versa.

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 11:31 AM
When in that game did you see Romo take his time I the pocket. He was getting rid of the ball faster than they could get to him. That's how yo beat a great pass rush. The secondary was so bad they gave up every big play of the game. The DL was not the reason they lost.

njg85m
09-12-2012, 11:33 AM
These boards are nearly unbearable after a loss....

BJacobs aka The Problem
09-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Ok, just like the rest of you, I'm not happy about how the defense performed, but just exactly what were you expecting Fewell to do? What adjustments were you looking for?

For those saying we needed to get more pressure Romo, Duh! Just how exactly were you going to accomplish that when Tryon, who was getting singled out in coverage, couldn't cover the quick slant? Who do you bring when they line up 3 wide, putting Tryon on an island by himself? They had Witten on the line to either stay in or become a hot read and Murray as the single back next to Romo in the shotgun, who would either pick up the blitz or slip outside. You couldn't bring a safety because the secondary was getting killed on the quick passes. If you do bring the safety, that puts the CB out there on an island and with all the short passes and slants they were running, someone was bound to bite on a double move(which is what burned Webster).

The Dallas game isn't just on the DC. Yes, it's his job to assess what's going on and adjust his gameplan to counter what the offense is doing but let's be real here, the defense played like crap. They acted like they had never played Romo before. Everyone knows that Romo has good mobility and is probably better at passing while out of the pocket than when he's in the pocket. He doesn't handle pressure well, but you still have to keep him bottled up. If you bring pressure without containment allowing him to slip outside, more often than not, he's going to hit something big.

One other thing, I still for the life of me can't believe that Austin TD. How do you run right past him and allow him to catch the ball? Who was that Rolle? Where was his ball awareness?

Face it, the defense played like crap. The D-line got stuffed and couldn't get pressure on the QB and the secondary couldn't cover anyone to save their lives. Worst part is, just when they seemed like they were going to make a stop, they gave up a big play. It was frustrating to watch.

One thing I've always said, the game is won and lost in the trenches and unfortunately, the Giants lost on both sides.

burier
09-12-2012, 01:07 PM
When in that game did you see Romo take his time I the pocket. He was getting rid of the ball faster than they could get to him. That's how yo beat a great pass rush. The secondary was so bad they gave up every big play of the game. The DL was not the reason they lost.

Patently false!

Romo was moving out of the pocket avoiding JPP's initial rush and extending plays. It had nothing to do with throwing the ball too fast. What game were you watching? Fact is with a mobile QB you have to get pressure from more than one guy or the mobile QB just moves away. We didn't have pressure coming from all directions that way we needed.

YATittle1962
09-12-2012, 01:09 PM

no wiser words have ever been spoken

giantsfan420
09-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Patently false!

Romo was moving out of the pocket avoiding JPP's initial rush and extending plays. It had nothing to do with throwing the ball too fast. What game were you watching? Fact is with a mobile QB you have to get pressure from more than one guy or the mobile QB just moves away. We didn't have pressure coming from all directions that way we needed.
no buddy is right on this one, at least on dallas's big plays. that 1rst and 30 pass to miles and that pass TD pass to Ogeltree on the double move were both timing plays that required romo to get the ball out quick. i was impressed with that aspect of his game, he was pretty accurate anticipating things. there were a few plays that romo extended, but by and by, for the most part, he was getting rid of the ball very quickly.

BeatYale
09-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Patently false!

He's right. There were plenty of 3 step drops and slants. These plays did not involve him leaving the pocket.

Kruunch
09-12-2012, 01:38 PM
more over reacting to one subpar game....
everyone chill the &^&* out already. if it becomes a trend then we can all whine and *****. Unitl then just chill.............

GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!!!!!

Kruunch
09-12-2012, 01:39 PM

Or ... they're comedy gold.

Where else do you find this many lemmings jumping off the cliff with the DOW in 5 figures?

burier
09-12-2012, 01:39 PM
no buddy is right on this one, at least on dallas's big plays. that 1rst and 30 pass to miles and that pass TD pass to Ogeltree on the double move were both timing plays that required romo to get the ball out quick. i was impressed with that aspect of his game, he was pretty accurate anticipating things. there were a few plays that romo extended, but by and by, for the most part, he was getting rid of the ball very quickly.

Sure..The Secondary got toasted. They were awful. I'm not arguing that point. But to say that the Dline takes no blame because Romo was getting the ball out too quick is wrong. He moved. He slid and avoided pressure and there pleanty of times where we could generate no pressure at all and he was actually able to hold the ball in the pocket.

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Didn't TC even sound amazed that his secondary looked like they never saw a slant? Implying that he was very disappointed with the secondary? Other than one run, which should have been called back for an obvious holding call, the DL did their job against the run.

Mistanihan
09-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Instead of blaming Fewell, who doesn't wear a jersey why not give props to Joseph and Bernard for their sacks?

Thumbs up to this.

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Didn't TC even sound amazed that his secondary looked like they never saw a slant? Implying that he was very disappointed with the secondary? Other than one run, which should have been called back for an obvious holding call, the DL did their job against the run.

We were all disappointed, but when you unexpectedly play your # 4 and # 5 cornerbacks, what else could we realistically expect?

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Actually wasn't it worse than the 4th and 5th? I mean without injuries they would have had Webster, Prince, TT, Hosely, Coe, and Tryon. So that would make them the 5th and 6th CB's no?

burier
09-12-2012, 02:07 PM
OMG! This board is insane. Everyone is already prepared to blame the entire season on injuries.

Hey guys let me save you some time...THE GIANTS WILL HAVE INJURIES EVERY SEASON!

Now you all can find something else to do on sunday for the rest of your lives.

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Injuries are a part off the game but stop acting like its not going to be a big deal if they have to use their 5th and 6th CB all year. No team will do good in those conditions no matter how great the DL is. It's a passing league and right now they are very thin at the secondary position but will hopefully get better soon.

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 02:19 PM
no wiser words have ever been spoken

Unbearable is being TOO kind

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Actually wasn't it worse than the 4th and 5th? I mean without injuries they would have had Webster, Prince, TT, Hosely, Coe, and Tryon. So that would make them the 5th and 6th CB's no?

Good point, let's say there were no more "next man ups" available. I wish Prince, Coe, and Hosley to play pronto

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 02:21 PM
OMG! This board is insane. Everyone is already prepared to blame the entire season on injuries.

Hey guys let me save you some time...THE GIANTS WILL HAVE INJURIES EVERY SEASON!

Not really, you forget Fewell is on the trading block already

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Could it hey get a few OL for him?

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Could it hey get a few OL for him?

Wouldn't that be something?

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Eh, I'm over the bad play of the OL. I'm hoping Beatty comes back, stays healthy, and with some moves they become a better.

burier
09-12-2012, 02:48 PM

wait a minute though... Webster isn't hurt.

The Giants were stupid for signing T2.

Prince isn't going to be out all season but even if he is...its next man up. If our depth isn't good enough to play those guys need to be cut.

But tell me why a couple injuries at Corner should Deep 6 a team thats supposed to have the most ferocious pass rush in the league and still has 3 other high end players healthy in the secondary. Golly.

Toadofsteel
09-12-2012, 02:52 PM
But tell me why a couple injuries at Corner should Deep 6 a team thats supposed to have the most ferocious pass rush in the league and still has 3 other high end players healthy in the secondary. Golly.

Because it looked pretty deep sixed last week...

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 02:55 PM
It's a passing league and no matter how good your DL is they need to have CB's cover. Webster had a bad game. Hopefully that's all it was, a bad game. Ross was not good last year and they signed TT to a contract but covered themselves. Prince won't be out all year but he was this week.

Toadofsteel
09-12-2012, 03:41 PM
It's a passing league and no matter how good your DL is they need to have CB's cover. Webster had a bad game. Hopefully that's all it was, a bad game. Ross was not good last year and they signed TT to a contract but covered themselves. Prince won't be out all year but he was this week.

That's the thing people forget about Ross... he wasn't really that great either. To be completely honest Hosley is already better than him, and maybe even a fully healthy Coe. Ross would have gotten burned just as hard last week if he was still with us...

GMENAGAIN
09-12-2012, 04:01 PM
wait a minute though... Webster isn't hurt.

The Giants were stupid for signing T2.

Prince isn't going to be out all season but even if he is...its next man up. If our depth isn't good enough to play those guys need to be cut.

I don't recall you or anyone else saying at the time that the Giants were stupid for signing TT. If you didn't say it then, we don't want to hear it now . . .. .

sharick88
09-12-2012, 04:16 PM

They are the same way after a win as well. We have a ton of pessimistic jerks on this joint

burier
09-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I don't recall you or anyone else saying at the time that the Giants were stupid for signing TT. If you didn't say it then, we don't want to hear it now . . .. .

Well I did say it then. Numerous times. I actually said it before T2 even signed the contract that we should move on from him. NUMEROUS times.

And I don't know where you were but when the topend dollar amount of the contract leaked there multiple threads with people expressing their displeasure with the deal.

GameTime
09-12-2012, 04:29 PM
That's the thing people forget about Ross... he wasn't really that great either. To be completely honest Hosley is already better than him, and maybe even a fully healthy Coe. Ross would have gotten burned just as hard last week if he was still with us...
how do you even make that statement that Coe and Hosley are already better than Ross. That doesnt even make sense based on their body or work....or lack of it....

GMENAGAIN
09-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Well I did say it then. Numerous times. I actually said it before T2 even signed the contract that we should move on from him. NUMEROUS times.

And I don't know where you were but when the topend dollar amount of the contract leaked there multiple threads with people expressing their displeasure with the deal.

I'm on here religiously, and don't recall your numerous posts on the subject, but if you say that you made them then you have earned the right to call the decision stupid.

I recall the threads balking about the first reports of how much money was being given to TT, before we all found out that in actuality, the deal was very team friendly . . . . .

Giantterp
09-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm on here religiously, and don't recall your numerous posts on the subject, but if you say that you made them then you have earned the right to call the decision stupid.

I recall the threads balking about the first reports of how much money was being given to TT, before we all found out that in actuality, the deal was very team friendly . . . . .

Exactly. It as a risk, but there was not many options People always forget when playing GM that the Giants (like many teams with talent) were up against the cap this year. Making things even harder, Reese has to think about the future. Nicks, Cruz JPP ECT...Odds are, they're not going to be able to sign everyone. TT was really the only option.