PDA

View Full Version : TB! Giants fans worried? Really?

Red Dog
09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
If our D is not as good as the Panthers then I'd worry about TB. I watched TB and Panthers on NFl ticket, and honestly, I was not that impressed with TB's offense, their QB, or DJ Ware, whom we know. Their receivers are good, but the Giants are supposed to have the best pass-rushers in the league, and should they also wake up this week, the rush will cover the CBs. OLIne and Wilson need redemption and this will be the game they start down that path.

What is interesting to me will be Cruz and will he redeem himself???? Question marks as to: Was it just a bad game? Was it an indication of Terrelism, with I'm sooo good my helmet is tight, and isn't getting separation and catching the ball and add YAC automatic because I'm sooo good, right? right? Or, will he "Cruzin'" once again? OK swhat else is there to talk about, it's only Wednesday

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I think Victor may have been distracted as local New York fan suggests and he still may be. (Due to declining health of his Grandmother and her passing) I hope he can move forward with his career and focus on the positive. I doubt he has any sophomore slump.

For what it is worth, our offense didn't really open up as it didn't need to. The Panthers continuously shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. We had the ball 2/3 of the game. Key will be not turning it over, not to sound cliche.

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 11:28 AM
What did you see the 1st game of the season that would make you so confident they will win? I mean I think they can, but I won't act like its going to be an easy game. Tampa looked really solid.

miked1958
09-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I think Victor may have been distracted as local New York fan suggests and he still may be. (Due to declining health of his Grandmother and her passing) I hope he can move forward with his career and focus on the positive. I doubt he has any sophomore slump.

For what it is worth, our offense didn't really open up as it didn't need to. The Panthers continuously shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. We had the ball 2/3 of the game. Key will be not turning it over, not to sound cliche.Hey I didnt see a Stat line. what were the final numbers for DJ Ware on Sunday??

I know Eli missed those extra few seconds that DJ used to give him to throw a decent pass

Bigbluefan77
09-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Hey I didnt see a Stat line. what were the final numbers for DJ Ware on Sunday??

I know Eli missed those extra few seconds that DJ used to give him to throw a decent pass
i would love to know that too

ryan12
09-12-2012, 11:30 AM
it doesnt matter who the giants play it will always be a dogfight. that being said cant wait until they open a can of woop *** on the bucs sunday. waiting since the 5th is like chinesse water toture

GameTime
09-12-2012, 11:32 AM
the Giants dont dominate games very often. Its usually a decently close game. As Giants fans we have come to expect that.

miked1958
09-12-2012, 11:36 AM
i would love to know that toogot it.

NAME
ATT
YDS
AVG
LONG
20+
TD
YDS/G
FUM
FUML
1DN

Doug Martin (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14885/doug-martin)

D.J. Ware (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10768/d.j.-ware)

Josh Freeman (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12473/josh-freeman)

LeGarrette Blount (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13213/legarrette-blount)

Totals

Opponents

2 carries for 14 yards with long of 8 and avg of 7. Not bad for what a third option, but not great. however its the intangibles here brings to a game that make him valuable not the stat line imo

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Ware did alright, I didn't expect him to hit the field so early but Mike was crazy over the guy. We gave him the ball a couple times, he was 2 for 14. His pass protection was his strong point. You guys must have a deep backfield, he's a good player.

miked1958
09-12-2012, 11:38 AM
hey in the stat Categories along the top, the very last one is "1DN"

DJ had 1 and Martin had 4. What does 1DN mean...lol

miked1958
09-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Ware did alright, I didn't expect him to hit the field so early but Mike was crazy over the guy. We gave him the ball a couple times, he was 2 for 14. His pass protection was his strong point. You guys must have a deep backfield, he's a good player.Well we only have 1 proven Back and thats Bradshaw. The other 2 were drafted in past two years. Wilson this season and Scott last season. both are very GREEN with no NFL game experience to speak of. I guess TC and the coaching staff are going with Youth and hoping they pan out. I think they will but there will be growing pains and neither of them can block like DJ can

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 11:43 AM
hey in the stat Categories along the top, the very last one is "1DN"

DJ had 1 and Martin had 4. What does 1DN mean...lol

1st Downs.

GameTime
09-12-2012, 11:44 AM
2 carries for 14 doesnt really show anything. The also have Blount...who oly got three. Cant measure his success until he gets significant carries.

I dont wish him ill will at all I just wont put stock in 2 carries....

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Well we only have 1 proven Back and thats Bradshaw. The other 2 were drafted in past two years. Wilson this season and Scott last season. both are very GREEN with no NFL game experience to speak of. I guess TC and the coaching staff are going with Youth and hoping they pan out. I think they will but there will be growing pains and neither of them can block like DJ can

In Tampa, we thought Wilson could develop as a pass protector in time so I hope that works out. A lot of teams carry 4 tailbacks into the season, unfortunate for you guys you didn't. Fortunate for us on the other hand.

BigSombrero
09-12-2012, 12:05 PM
I watched the game and obviously from the stats Ware didn't make much impact in the run game but he was excellent in picking up blocks. I like the addition a little more after seeing that but I feel that he and Blont should get more carries. I would like to keep Martin healthy. I think the key to this game will be the Bucs passing game against giants secondary.If we can get Benn back it's going to take a lot of preesure off of V Jax and Williams. Im hoping the conservative playcalling was due to playing against the Panthers and it wont be a trend. I never liked Corey Webster and even without the injuries I wasn't that impressed with NYG's secondary so if we come out with an underwhelming pass game I will know we have an issue somewhere.The defense showed up and I think they match up decently against the giants. Guessing that Talib is on Cruz and Wright on Nicks with safety help will work for us. The pass rush definitely has more worried with the right side of our o line being questionable.

BigBlue1971
09-12-2012, 12:10 PM
the Giants should not take the Bucs lightly. the G-Men are playing away from home against a team who won their 1st game undoubtly giving them much confidence!

i think TC will have them ready to go against these guys. they better be ready and show the team they can be!

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 12:12 PM
the Giants should not take the Bucs lightly. the G-Men are playing away from home against a team who won their 1st game undoubtly giving them much confidence!

i think TC will have them ready to go against these guys. they better be ready and show the team they can be!

The Giants are playing away from home?! Holy cow... I better get on a flight back to Tampa... don't know why I flew up here. Thought it was an away game for us.

BigBlue1971
09-12-2012, 12:16 PM
my bad! i thought the Giants were playing away. at least with them playing at home should stand a better chance.

TheEnigma
09-12-2012, 12:18 PM
The Giants are playing away from home?! Holy cow... I better get on a flight back to Tampa... don't know why I flew up here. Thought it was an away game for us.

They haven't left yet "Coach"...I'm starting to suspect you aren't actually Coach Schiano! :(

Rudyy
09-12-2012, 12:19 PM
They haven't left yet "Coach"...I'm starting to suspect you aren't actually Coach Schiano! :( Wait..he's not Coach Schiano??!

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 12:20 PM
my bad! i thought the Giants were playing away. at least with them playing at home should stand a better chance.

Oh okay, good thing you mentioned it, almost booked my trip home on Buc Force One.

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 12:24 PM
They haven't left yet "Coach"...I'm starting to suspect you aren't actually Coach Schiano! :(

Apologies Enigma,

You see, Carolina Panthers fans were on to us last week with our attempts to record practices. If you read through the thread you'll even see, I can neither confirm nor deny that I put cameras anywhere. I'm not saying we do that kind of stuff... but I'm not saying we don't either. Maybe... I'm in New York recording your practices... maybe I'm not. I'm neither here, nor there. Out of sight, out of mind.

Reference:
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/76208-bucs-conspiracy/

TheEnigma
09-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Apologies Enigma,

You see, Carolina Panthers fans were on to us last week with our attempts to record practices. If you read through the thread you'll even see, I can neither confirm nor deny that I put cameras anywhere. I'm not saying we do that kind of stuff... but I'm not saying we don't either. Maybe... I'm in New York recording your practices... maybe I'm not. I'm neither here, nor there. Out of sight, out of mind.

Reference:
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/76208-bucs-conspiracy/

Figures. I do hope that you put a huge emphasis on what routes the wide receivers run. We have a very basic system here with the receivers only running about 2-3 routes on a good day. Notice also how Barden and Jernigan will be monsters in these practices so make sure you game plan for them with double coverage.

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Figures. I do hope that you put a huge emphasis on what routes the wide receivers run. We have a very basic system here with the receivers only running about 2-3 routes on a good day. Notice also how Barden and Jernigan will be monsters in these practices so make sure you game plan for them with double coverage.

Whoa.... I'm pretty sure you can only run two different routes. Just saw it on Tecmo. It's either the hook or the fly route. Simms to Ingram all day!

giantsfan420
09-12-2012, 01:56 PM
didnt TB score 16? u guys had the ball 2/3 the game n scored 16?

shocknaweny
09-12-2012, 03:12 PM
I am worried anyway cause other than JPP and Keith Rivers I saw nothing that I really liked out of this team a week ago.

giantsaz
09-12-2012, 03:22 PM

i think TC will have them ready to go against these guys. they better be ready and show the team they can be!Yeap. TC will have them ready the same way he had them ready to play the home opener as defending champions and to show the world that they deserve respect. Oh... wait......

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Any Given Sunday, but I expect a win by the G-Men this week. 24-17. Doug Martin will give us some fits, but Freeman has not shown to be a big time passer yet.

miked1958
09-12-2012, 03:32 PM
my bad! i thought the Giants were playing away. at least with them playing at home should stand a better chance.Giants for some reason play better Away from home... Going back to the 07 SB winning season they lost game 1 on road to dallas and then reeled off 7 Away wins in a row for a 7-1 mark and for good measure 4 more road wins in playoffs and SB for an amazing 11 Road wins in a row (Thus named "ROAD WARRIORS") now i know SB is Neutral but it counts as an away game in record books. we were only 3-5 at home that season.

2011--- we went 5-4 at Home(includes home playoff win over falcons) and 8-3 on the Road including playoffs and SB
2010--- we had identical 5-3 records at home and on Road and went 10-6 and no playoffs
2009--- we had identical 4-4 records at home and on road and went 8-8
2008--- we had a great home record of 7-2 (but the 2nd loss was the home playoff to philly and only 5-3 on road and 12-5 overall)
2006--- we had a 3-5 home and a 5-3 away record for an 8-8 season
2005--- we had a 7-2 home record again with the 2nd loss being a crusing playoff loss to carolina, we were 4-4 on road for 11-6 overall

7 seasons == 42-21 on the Road (21games over .500.. for double the amount of away losse)
7 seasons == 34-25 at home (counting the home opening loss to dallas 34-26 for only 8games over .500)
overall 76-46 in 7 yrs and 2 SB trophys

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 03:41 PM
didnt TB score 16? u guys had the ball 2/3 the game n scored 16?

We were just teasing the Panthers. We wanted them to feel like they could win the entire way. ;)

joemorrisforprez
09-12-2012, 03:59 PM
If our D is not as good as the Panthers then I'd worry about TB. I watched TB and Panthers on NFl ticket, and honestly, I was not that impressed with TB's offense, their QB, or DJ Ware, whom we know. Their receivers are good, but the Giants are supposed to have the best pass-rushers in the league, and should they also wake up this week, the rush will cover the CBs. OLIne and Wilson need redemption and this will be the game they start down that path.

What is interesting to me will be Cruz and will he redeem himself???? Question marks as to: Was it just a bad game? Was it an indication of Terrelism, with I'm sooo good my helmet is tight, and isn't getting separation and catching the ball and add YAC automatic because I'm sooo good, right? right? Or, will he "Cruzin'" once again? OK swhat else is there to talk about, it's only Wednesday

I'm very worried about Tampa Bay......they shut down a very solid Panthers offense.

If the Giants defense doesn't bring it's "A" game, Tampa is going to win. Because I don't expect much from the Giants offensive line.....at all.