PDA

View Full Version : Matchup of Champions: Bill Sheridan's Defense v. Kevin Gilbride's Offense

joemorrisforprez
09-12-2012, 04:01 PM
This could create a nuclear explosion.

GMENAGAIN
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM
You mean the Kevin Gilbride offense that was part of two SB winners in the last 5 years????

egyptian420
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM
As much as I hated Sheridan when he was here, the defense he runs now is no where as awful as the one he ran here in 09. I wish that were the case...

joemorrisforprez
09-12-2012, 04:20 PM
You mean the Kevin Gilbride offense that was part of two SB winners in the last 5 years????

I'm thinking Eli had something to do with it too.

thomsoad
09-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Sorry man...IMO this post is a fail.

Giant stuck in Texas
09-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Wait, wait, wait!!! Bill is the DC in Tampa?!?!?!/ Lmao.....Shows how much I pay attention, I had no idea.

Flip Empty
09-12-2012, 04:42 PM
The Eli who runs Gilbride's offense, you mean?

GMENAGAIN
09-12-2012, 04:58 PM

Didn't say that he didn't . . . . .

My initial reaction to this thread was that it is a Gilbride bashing thread . . . . but in retrospect I am not sure that it is. Actually, I have no clue what the point of this thread is so you can feel free to disregard my comments . . ..

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 05:04 PM
My money is on Bill.

burier
09-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Wait, wait, wait!!! Bill is the DC in Tampa?!?!?!/ Lmao.....Shows how much I pay attention, I had no idea.

+1

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Any coaches you guys have ever had or any players you ever let go, we hired them. While our official name is the Buccaneers, we also respond to the Tampa Bay Giants or the Rutgers Buccaneers.

DownWitJPP
09-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Any coaches you guys have ever had or any players you ever let go, we hired them. While our official name is the Buccaneers, we also respond to the Tampa Bay Giants or the Rutgers Buccaneers.

LOL thats pretty funny but true...New York Giants South

Furiator
09-12-2012, 05:54 PM
My money is on Bill.

How can I take your money? It sounds so easy to do ;)

appodictic
09-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Should we get depressed if sheridan shuts our offence down and Danny Ware runs for 100 yards on us?

Flip Empty
09-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Should we get depressed if sheridan shuts our offence down and Danny Ware runs for 100 yards on us?
Absolutely.

Captain Chaos
09-13-2012, 05:42 AM
I'm glad that Sheridan has turned things around, probably learned quite a bit from his time as DC here, that said they played well against a 6-10 team from a year ago. Don't know if his D was good or the Panther's O was that bad. Probably somewhere in between, I will say that those young guys will give our O a run for their money.

Drez
09-13-2012, 06:31 AM
The only problem I have with this thread is the fact that Sheridan's never had a champion defense.

Gilbride has.

GMan-67
09-13-2012, 08:35 AM
players play, coaches coach ... anyone thinking it is Gilbride vs. Sheridan is nutso ... if that were the case coordinators would make $15MM a year

Cool Papa B.
09-13-2012, 08:57 AM
The only problem I have with this thread is the fact that Sheridan's never had a champion defense.

Gilbride has.

+1.....

What championship did Sheridan win?

appodictic
09-13-2012, 10:23 PM
+1.....

What championship did Sheridan win? Dude he had a pretty good defence, its pretty much the same team we had now but younger. -phillips, different linebackers, but younger tuck,osi, kiwi..... . Definitely the loss of phillips should not have destroyed the team.

jaygoon
09-13-2012, 10:34 PM

you can seriously like Kevin Killdrive? he wouldnt unleash Eli against the Cowboys...we cant run the ball. He needs to accept it. We live and die by Eli, and once he realized that last year, all was good (4,900 yards passing)

Manning
09-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Sheridan had CC Brown to deal with.

giantsaz
09-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Any coaches you guys have ever had or any players you ever let go, we hired them. While our official name is the Buccaneers, we also respond to the Tampa Bay Giants or the Rutgers Buccaneers.So, how many SB have you won with all the Giants rejects? Oh wait.....

giantsaz
09-13-2012, 10:56 PM
you can seriously like Kevin Killdrive? he wouldnt unleash Eli against the Cowboys...we cant run the ball. He needs to accept it. We live and die by Eli, and once he realized that last year, all was good (4,900 yards passing)And that my friend is the honest truth! I have said it before, get rid of Killdrive and let Eli run his own offense. We will save the money for a CB or a decent Olineman.

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 01:23 AM
So, how many SB have you won with all the Giants rejects? Oh wait.....

One.

WR Joey Jurivicious. (Great man by the way)
OT Roman Oben

Cool Papa B.
09-14-2012, 02:09 AM
Dude he had a pretty good defence, its pretty much the same team we had now but younger. -phillips, different linebackers, but younger tuck,osi, kiwi..... . Definitely the loss of phillips should not have destroyed the team.

Right.....but what championships has he won? It's not like he turned that defense into the 85' Bears or the 2000 Ravens. Maybe the guy who made this thread should have left the word "champions" out of it.

joeybagadonutz23
09-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Not really. The only time that happens is at Giants practice when the Defensive 1st team practices against the Offensive 1st team. When was the last time Bill Sheridan made a tackle?

GMan-67
09-14-2012, 05:13 AM
One.

WR Joey Jurivicious. (Great man by the way)
OT Roman Oben

ha, well annoying, but he knows his stuff and must be a diehard, i can respect a diehard (a little)

Rat_bastich
09-14-2012, 05:55 AM
ha, well annoying, but he knows his stuff and must be a diehard, i can respect a diehard (a little)

Nah, the coach is funny and he knows his team pretty well. And, he isn't an *** like some visitors that come over here. Strangely, this year even some of our visitors from the Cowboys boards have been mild and civil. I think the world is truly ending in December.

BillTheGreek
09-14-2012, 01:07 PM
I Like Gillbride , How could you not like him ,for what he has done for the Giants ! How ever I don't agree with all his play calling....He is to predictable at times .....And yes I know we Won 2 Super Bowls with his tenure......or should I say Eli & Company Won them ! (OK It was a Team effort )
Any way I Guarantee we will see a lot of adjustments this Sunday. He may even implement the Notre Dame BOX.*.lol.*.Why not the Packers Won 3 Super Bowls using The Notre Dame BOX.

GOOD LUCK TO OUR GIANTS !

BeatYale
09-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Justin Tuck mentioned there was little difference between the defense Spags ran compared to Sheridan's. The major difference was what opposing offenses were doing against us that year. Teams often used max protection which slowed down our DLine and exposed our secondary, particularly the scrub safeties we had that year like CC Brown.

The fans, who love to overlook execution and prefer to blame the game planning and play calling, had so much hate for Sheridan. I wouldn't be shocked if the decision to fire him was partly due to PR concerns lol.

joemorrisforprez
09-14-2012, 01:28 PM
+1.....

What championship did Sheridan win?

He was linebackers coach for the 2007 Giants.

Kruunch
09-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Justin Tuck mentioned there was little difference between the defense Spags ran compared to Sheridan's. The major difference was what opposing offenses were doing against us that year. Teams often used max protection which slowed down our DLine and exposed our secondary, particularly the scrub safeties we had that year like CC Brown.

The fans, who love to overlook execution and prefer to blame the game planning and play calling, had so much hate for Sheridan. I wouldn't be shocked if the decision to fire him was partly due to PR concerns lol.

Then either Tuck is an idiot or was trying to save face for Sheridan.

The differences between Spags and Sheridan's schemes were like night and day.

TheAnalyst
09-14-2012, 01:46 PM
He was linebackers coach for the 2007 Giants.

Pierce was the LBs coach in 2007, lol. Sheridan was just, there.

TheAnalyst
09-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Then either Tuck is an idiot or was trying to save face for Sheridan.

The differences between Spags and Sheridan's schemes were like night and day.

Spags was 100% more agressive then Sheridan. Spags is more like Rex Ryan's D, pressure the QB D, while Sheridan was more like Tim Lewis, read and react D. Perry Fewell is somewhere in between.

Kruunch
09-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Spags was 100% more agressive then Sheridan. Spags is more like Rex Ryan's D, pressure the QB D, while Sheridan was more like Tim Lewis, read and react D. Perry Fewell is somewhere in between.

Exactomundo!

Although I'd say Perry Fewell is closer to Tim Lewis, but that whole read/react defense is very en vogue right now (I have no idea why).

Manstache
09-14-2012, 05:25 PM

u mighta been on to somethin with that title except for 1 thing: gilbrides offense got RESULTS.

DownWitJPP
09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
anyone still saying " KILLDRIVE" after 2 superbowls in 5 years is an idiot...that is all

Diamondring
09-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Sheridan had CC Brown to deal with.And tough schedule that had many teams with good offenses.

Redeyejedi
09-14-2012, 10:16 PM
+1.....

What championship did Sheridan win?He was on the giants staff when they beat the Pats the first time