PDA

View Full Version : This is awful

ImElectric2
09-12-2012, 05:37 PM
I have frequented this board for years not really posting but reading and keeping up with news etc. In the past I could somewhat understand people agonizing after a loss but its reached new heights. "Do we depend on Eli TOO much"? "Trade half the team for a CB"? Umm...we just won 2 super bowls in 5 years. Our QB is breaking records. We pitched a defensive shutout at home in the playoffs. We have JPP and even haters can't deny how bright his future is. It's like you guys are looking for reasons to be miserable. We lost. Whoop dee do. No 16-0. Cry about it. Last 16-0 ended 18-1. Before that it was 1972 and no one else. Rocket, rocket. We lost to the REXskins...twice....and then won a super bowl. Were good. Were elite. We have some of the best players IN THE LEAGUE. Enjoy the good and accept the bad. It's football. So much can change in the snap of a finger. Thats it really. Just some perspective for the lost souls.

SweetZombieJesus
09-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I have frequented this board for years not really posting but reading and keeping up with news etc. In the past I could somewhat understand people agonizing after a loss but its reached new heights.So much can change in the snap of a finger. Thats it really. Just some perspective for the lost souls.

You sure you've been around? This seems much calmer than last year (RocketGate) and in 2007 after losing the first two games it was armageddon.

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Just came from a Panthers board. This place is definitely holding it together compared to them.

Laurah1275
09-12-2012, 05:51 PM
I have frequented this board for years not really posting but reading and keeping up with news etc. In the past I could somewhat understand people agonizing after a loss but its reached new heights. "Do we depend on Eli TOO much"? "Trade half the team for a CB"? Umm...we just won 2 super bowls in 5 years. Our QB is breaking records. We pitched a defensive shutout at home in the playoffs. We have JPP and even haters can't deny how bright his future is. It's like you guys are looking for reasons to be miserable. We lost. Whoop dee do. No 16-0. Cry about it. Last 16-0 ended 18-1. Before that it was 1972 and no one else. Rocket, rocket. We lost to the REXskins...twice....and then won a super bowl. Were good. Were elite. We have some of the best players IN THE LEAGUE. Enjoy the good and accept the bad. It's football. So much can change in the snap of a finger. Thats it really. Just some perspective for the lost souls.I think alot of it has to do with 10 days of waiting between games right after a divisional loss we should have won. Too much time to analyze and ponder till the next game. It'a all good, I'm not worried....I can't change anything so I'm just going to enjoy the ride, no matter what ;) Sunday cant' come soon enough though, lol

giant-4-life
09-12-2012, 05:54 PM
The whole problem is, people can't handle losing. Maybe bipolar folks. But repeating is truly difficult in this league with all the FA moves and players aging. We DO need to concern ourselves with a couple of players aging and lack of performance. Reese has always done a positive job on bringing in players we need. I'm sure we will do well. players need to limit their brain farts.

Laurah1275
09-12-2012, 06:04 PM
I have frequented this board for years not really posting but reading and keeping up with news etc. In the past I could somewhat understand people agonizing after a loss but its reached new heights. "Do we depend on Eli TOO much"? "Trade half the team for a CB"? Umm...we just won 2 super bowls in 5 years. Our QB is breaking records. We pitched a defensive shutout at home in the playoffs. We have JPP and even haters can't deny how bright his future is. It's like you guys are looking for reasons to be miserable. We lost. Whoop dee do. No 16-0. Cry about it. Last 16-0 ended 18-1. Before that it was 1972 and no one else. Rocket, rocket. We lost to the REXskins...twice....and then won a super bowl. Were good. Were elite. We have some of the best players IN THE LEAGUE. Enjoy the good and accept the bad. It's football. So much can change in the snap of a finger. Thats it really. Just some perspective for the lost souls.Also, TV and the internet are not helping the matter any....they have every team who lost this week not even making the playoffs, and every team that won SB bound...it's ridiculous. And this is just week one?!?!....How many people will be sticking their head in their oven by week 4?

Rudyy
09-12-2012, 06:06 PM
I do like your optimism, and I agree on the fact that we need to stop panicking after we lose (I mean, do you really think we are going to win every game?) However, it is a new season, and while we have won a 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years, it's a whole new year now, and we need to focus on this year, not the previous years. Our division is much tougher than last years, so we need to play hard every week, not when it's playoff time.

miked1958
09-12-2012, 06:19 PM
I think alot of it has to do with 10 days of waiting between games right after a divisional loss we should have won. Too much time to analyze and ponder till the next game. It'a all good, I'm not worried....I can't change anything so I'm just going to enjoy the ride, no matter what ;) Sunday cant' come soon enough though, lolWell we won't have that problem after the the TB game as we have to turn around and play 4 nights later against Carolina

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I am in no way, endorsing your comments, but when I watch my team after months of waiting and they pitch an EGG, I for one get a little worried. Yeah we only lost by a touchdown, but it was to a division rival at HOME. I believe we could have easily won that game with a few things that went different, I will not go into those as we have another game this Sunday against a run stingy Bucs team.

We need to address the problems at hand which I believe to be the O-line, and lack of NFL ready CBs. Last year we switched around our O-line almost as much as I change my underwear! They finally found the right combination about the same time I was ready to have a coronary! This year is much different though, we have the same players on that O-line and let me tell ya, they are TIRED! We didnt address the problem in the off-season and now we are sorta stuck. Lets hope they get their **** together!

Lack of depth at CB, we should not have let Aaron Ross go. Period. I think Prince will get healthy and come around but I do not have faith in Tyron or any other back-ups whatsoever. Its gonna be a ride for sure, so Im holding on loosely and hoping these guys grow up quick!

plc
09-12-2012, 06:35 PM
I have been following Big Blue for over 40 years.I do not know if it is good but I have never been so relaxed watching them play as this year.If we win again the talk of dynasty can begin if we don't we can not be upset.Four Super Bowl wins and one lose in 2000 not to mention previous champioships.We are truly a great franchise with an incredible history.We have had our down periods Allie Sherman Etc but how would you like to be a jestor fan.Talk about losers!!!As far as I was concerned beating the jestors last year was Super but then to go a win another SB, WOW.Hang in there GMEN fans we will compete and enjoy one of the best organizations in all of sports.

OX1
09-12-2012, 06:51 PM
I have frequented this board for years

Losing and not playing are two totally different things.
When they start playing and still lose, that is when I will agree with ya...........

Martin 2
09-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I have been following Big Blue for over 40 years.I do not know if it is good but I have never been so relaxed watching them play as this year.If we win again the talk of dynasty can begin if we don't we can not be upset.Four Super Bowl wins and one lose in 2000 not to mention previous champioships.We are truly a great franchise with an incredible history.We have had our down periods Allie Sherman Etc but how would you like to be a jestor fan.Talk about losers!!!As far as I was concerned beating the jestors last year was Super but then to go a win another SB, WOW.Hang in there GMEN fans we will compete and enjoy one of the best organizations in all of sports.

I feel the same exact way!

I see the players we have and know they will gel with
more reps.

There is a lot of talent on the team and TC will
be relentless in his approach to have them execute.

I am sure we will see a competely different team this Sunday

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 07:32 PM
You sure you've been around? This seems much calmer than last year (RocketGate) and in 2007 after losing the first two games it was armageddon.

+1 lol

ImElectric2
09-12-2012, 08:11 PM
You sure you've been around? This seems much calmer than last year (RocketGate) and in 2007 after losing the first two games it was armageddon.Well I tried to qualify that by saying I could somewhat understand getting all panicked and feeling like its hopeless (take the Philly collapse in 2010...)when were getting absolutely no return but we've seen a lot of good from this team and we've seen midseason correction. We've seen Eli mature and we've seen Nicks become a top tier receiver. Weve seen draft picks time and time again come in and play well. We've seen undrafted free agents become superstars and effective starters. And though I don't doubt we have flaws and there's a good amount we need to work on/towards, our team knows its identity and we DEFINITELY know what it takes to win and.close out a team. This isn't the Kerry Collins giants that couldn't find a way to pull it out or the early Eli years where we didn't know who we were. This is a team that knows exactly who it is and just needs to execute to be successful. Losing sucks and I hate it and it ruins my Sunday nights and Monday mornings, but its a long season with a very capable team is all I'm saying. Let's try and enjoy the ride.

derekunion28
09-12-2012, 08:17 PM
how bout players posting seasons over before the games were in past few years then we come back and people or kids look really bad jumping the gun

appodictic
09-12-2012, 09:33 PM
The problem is people are depressed because a team that played so great down the stretch just comes out and gets served. It is depressing. In 8 years no sb champ lost the home opener. Im not saying hte sky is falling but that just blows.

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 09:42 PM
there are quite a few things that could have gone differently and changed the outcome. 1 very important thing that i feel is being overlooked is that we didn't have chris canty. I know one player doesn't change the outcome, but with CC in, rocky rotates out, and gets fresh (experienced)legs on defence, also marvin austin. obviously prince's injury hurt us too... I know people are panicking about the O-line and our unmotivated pass rush and an unfocused cruz, but there is certainly hope further down the road, especially when key players return.

krygny
09-12-2012, 09:59 PM
This is the bizarro bi-polar message board. This is normal here.

It's the posters like you, who use reason, wisdom and itellect who are the trolls on this board.

(That's a joke.)

joemorrisforprez
09-12-2012, 10:51 PM
The whole problem is, people can't handle losing. Maybe bipolar folks. But repeating is truly difficult in this league with all the FA moves and players aging. We DO need to concern ourselves with a couple of players aging and lack of performance. Reese has always done a positive job on bringing in players we need. I'm sure we will do well. players need to limit their brain farts.

Losing is miserable.....so it's just natural that after the Giants lose, people take a negative tone regarding the team's performance. I'm guilty of it too.

AntB
09-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Ross seemed to finally have licked the injury curse and really someone you root for to stay healthy and do what he does when he is. Don't see how we could have counted on someone returning first year from ACL and Akumora really hasn't shown that he can do the job yet not to mention who will we count on to step up in the nickel. Yea when the pass rush gets on track it will hide that weakness to a degree but the elite quarterbacks will find the weakness.

Ladder27
09-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Being a Giants fan is like riding a roller coaster. Look at last season. We won how many game is the 4th? I think if there was a season to have a heart attack last season was it. You all have to admit this team keeps us all in suspense.

Ladder27
09-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Ross seemed to finally have licked the injury curse and really someone you root for to stay healthy and do what he does when he is. Don't see how we could have counted on someone returning first year from ACL and Akumora really hasn't shown that he can do the job yet not to mention who will we count on to step up in the nickel. Yea when the pass rush gets on track it will hide that weakness to a degree but the elite quarterbacks will find the weakness.

Ross really did Lick the Bug aint? Is that why he is on the IR for Jaxville?

FBomb
09-13-2012, 12:21 AM
There's nothing going on here that a good win won't cure.

joemorrisforprez
09-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Being a Giants fan is like riding a roller coaster. Look at last season. We won how many game is the 4th? I think if there was a season to have a heart attack last season was it. You all have to admit this team keeps us all in suspense.

Very true. Sometimes I have to remember this team was 9-7 last regular season.

BurnerNYG
09-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Just came from a Panthers board. This place is definitely holding it together compared to them.Lol what's going on over there on the Panthers board? I need to go check. What they turned on Cam already?

Captain Chaos
09-13-2012, 05:14 AM
Just wait till the second half when everyone is worried about a second half collapse, I think it was the fact that we lost to the Cowboys and we had too much time between games....

Gimaniac
09-13-2012, 11:28 AM
We lost. We vent. Get over it.

What should we do here? Talk about the weather?

TheAnalyst
09-13-2012, 11:37 AM
We need to keep losing till everyone loses faith, media and the average fans. Then, when no one thinks we will do anything, and we are underdogs and facing a team who is 15-1 or 18-0, BOOM. Lights out.

Greg Schiano
09-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Lol what's going on over there on the Panthers board? I need to go check. What they turned on Cam already?

Recap of the Panthers board...

We must be terrible if we lost to the Bucs.
We'll trade you guys Deangelo Williams for a 4th rounder.
Our GM doesn't spend money.
Ron Rivera should be fired.
Chudzinski should be fired.
Our offensive line is terrible.
Luke Kuechly is a bust.
The referees threw the game.
The Bucs are taping our practices.
That should have been a penalty.
That hit was illegal.
We're probably going to be 0-4 to start the season.

And there might be one... maybe two threads about their opponent this week. Good times.
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/forum/7-carolina-panthers/