PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Prince Amukamara admits limping a "little bit" at practice

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Giants' Prince Amukamara admits limping a "little bit" at practice, but playing Sunday is still in his plans

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_prince_amukamara_admits.html#incart_river)

Excerpt: "Prince Amukamara knows he's going to be a target as soon as he steps back onto the football field, whenever that is. So when that does happen he wants to make sure he isn't slowed too badly by the high-ankle sprain he suffered in the preseason.

"I don't want to play with a limp so if I'm limping out there, I'm going to be there anyways, but the offensive coordinators they're still going to smell blood," the second-year cornerback said. "If I'm able to run and it's still lingering then that's cool, but if I'm limping then that's not cool." Read more...

Marvelousmik
09-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Giants' Prince Amukamara admits limping a "little bit" at practice, but playing Sunday is still in his plans

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_prince_amukamara_admits.html#incart_river)

Excerpt: "Prince Amukamara knows he's going to be a target as soon as he steps back onto the football field, whenever that is. So when that does happen he wants to make sure he isn't slowed too badly by the high-ankle sprain he suffered in the preseason.

"I don't want to play with a limp so if I'm limping out there, I'm going to be there anyways, but the offensive coordinators they're still going to smell blood," the second-year cornerback said. "If I'm able to run and it's still lingering then that's cool, but if I'm limping then that's not cool." Read more...

Sigh, id be lying if i said i like prince. From the holdout when he was drafted, to the cold tub, to the injuries, i must say overall im slowly beginning to think this guy wasnt worth the pick. Its still too early to tell though, and i hope i am wrong. I still have some hope.

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Sit him until he isn't limping. It will only get worse by him playing on it. Hopefully Webster plays a lot better along with KP and Rolle. Find a way to use Hosely more and get Hill in the game.

TextureDj
09-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Tom Coughlin indicated it's just a matter of Amukamara playing through the pain and dealing with it, but Amukamara said it's more than just that.

"Not just pain management," Amukamara emphasized. "Just knowing that you're tearing ligaments and tendons like that so just try not to re-injure that or just stress it so just knowing when (it's) enough (of a) load and knowing when to hold back."

I was never on board the Prince is soft train, but man that doesn't sound good does it? I mean, tearing ligaments and tendons? Really, that is crazy talk unless its a misquote. The medical staff is not going to let him even practice if thats the case. Not to mention that a sprain rarely involves tearing, that would make it a tear.

I do think its a misquote though, I think maybe he was trying to say the pain is important to not over stressing the injury? IDK.

giantsfan420
09-12-2012, 07:28 PM
i disagree text. many here were saying he could easily miss months. we r lucky he only had a mild high ankle sprain and that he is even possible for week 2.

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Sit him until he isn't limping. It will only get worse by him playing on it. Hopefully Webster plays a lot better along with KP and Rolle. Find a way to use Hosely more and get Hill in the game.

You almost have to or that's where the Bucs will go until he's not limping any more. It does seem that Coe will play and if we have Hosley, we'll be in better shape than we were.

CowboysSuck
09-12-2012, 08:02 PM
If I were coach... If Prince doesn't see the field for at least 8-10 games hes gone. Cut; done. You're team cant be helped by someone who cant play.

That said, he still has a fighting chance. We'll see what happens..

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 08:04 PM
If I were coach... If Prince doesn't see the field for at least 8-10 games hes gone. Cut; done. You're team cant be helped by someone who cant play.

We kept Sinorice Moss for 4 years, we're not likely to dump a 1st round pick before his rookie contract is up.

Cool Papa B.
09-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Sigh, id be lying if i said i like prince. From the holdout when he was drafted, to the cold tub, to the injuries, i must say overall im slowly beginning to think this guy wasnt worth the pick. Its still too early to tell though, and i hope i am wrong. I still have some hope.

Yeah, I hear you. You know, in the corner of my mind I always wondered why his stock dropped so much a week before the draft. He went from a top ten pick to a not so sure thing in a matter of days. I wonder what the first 18 teams saw that made them pass on him.

NWKEffectElement
09-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Is this kid serious? He just reeks insecurity. He really cannot be that stupid. I agree with Marv about liking this kid. Doesn't sound like he even wants to play football, and now we know why so many teams passed on this "top ten talent" in the draft.

ShakeandBake
09-12-2012, 08:28 PM
This is ridiculous, we invest so much in our secondary and we haven't seen much of a return it's very frustrating. We need one of our young guys to step up to light a fire under their asses!

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Is this kid serious? He just reeks insecurity. He really cannot be that stupid. I agree with Marv about liking this kid. Doesn't sound like he even wants to play football, and now we know why so many teams passed on this "top ten talent" in the draft.

Let's hope he surprises us

NWKEffectElement
09-12-2012, 08:45 PM
I really hope he does but every time he is interviewed it usually disheartening. I will cheer for him every game as long as he is a NY Giant.

Cool Papa B.
09-12-2012, 08:57 PM
This is ridiculous, we invest so much in our secondary and we haven't seen much of a return it's very frustrating. We need one of our young guys to step up to light a fire under their asses!

Jayron Hosley is the guy. I have a feeling he will be a beast covering the nickel and on ST.

miked1958
09-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Also Ojomo is out of practice with a hamstring.. Saw a thread last week that the OP didn't provide a link and got jumped on when he reported that Ojomo was hurt

CowboysSuck
09-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Prince just seems real green. Insecure, timid, i dont know. Its something I can't put a finger on.

I'm not willing to write him off until I see him start at least 8 games, he has the talent, we all know that. Its just a matter of him staying healthy and living up to his potential. Sooo frustrating.

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 09:35 PM
he could even be a shutdown guy i think. he needs experience though, and all this time out is seriously impeding his progress... i don't trust him to start honestly, but i know he has more talent than coe and certainly tryon.

bearbryant
09-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Oh Jeeeeeeeeeeez! Here we go again, another Ross. " I don't wanna play, I can't play, I don't feel like playin', I'm not feelin it now". Man, please. This is bad stuff to be hearin. Ross said the same types of things after his 1st injury that he was thinking about bailing out of football, that it wasn't for him. I hate to" rush to judgement" but OMG. It all really fits now. Exactly why he got the bath from JPP. His teammate wasn't being his brother; he was being his Dutch Uncle. I know ya have to wait and see but he might be a little soft in the loafers, is what JPP & Co. was insinuating! IDK but its all fitting in right now. I hope I'm wrong because you can't just throw away 1st rounders like that. Damn it!

ShakeandBake
09-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Jayron Hosley is the guy. I have a feeling he will be a beast covering the nickel and on ST.

Yes I hope so, I think he was a steal in the 3rd.

joemorrisforprez
09-12-2012, 10:45 PM

Someday my Prince will play.

Buddy333
09-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Prince has done nothing wrong. He has shown some very good skills but unfortunate injuries have slowed his progress. Coming out of college he was know as a very physical player. The broken foot thing was unfortunate last year and you can't lame him for having a guy roll up on his ankle in pre season. Let's just open he can get back to full strength in a couple of weeks.

rainierjef
09-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Hearing people say, they were never on board with the Prince pick, i find it kind of ridiculous. The guy was arguably a top 10-15 pick; where we selected him, was a steal by most analyst and scouts. In my opinion, I think most people are just being hasty in their judgement of prince, either because of the ice tub incident, the injuries, or just plain ignorance.

Captain Chaos
09-13-2012, 05:38 AM
He won't be ready this week and likely not ready for the Panther's a week from now, it will likely be week 4 before we see him back in action. That said he is not anything like Moss, Prince actually played well for us in the playoffs and there is much to build on.

Rat_bastich
09-13-2012, 05:55 AM
These injuries are not self inflicted and are just unfortunate accidents. Once this guy gets going and a full season he should be fine. I think he'll end up paying dividends.

Snappinnecks
09-13-2012, 07:53 AM
As long as he't not liability on Sunday. Not from a skills standpoint but from a health standpoint.

Buddy333
09-13-2012, 07:58 AM
I don't think he is playing and unless he feels a lot better or loses the limp he will note play the next game either which is next Thursday.

GMan-67
09-13-2012, 08:58 AM
as others have eluded to, high ankle sprains can be much, much worse ... Phil Simms got a high ankle sprain in Week10 or 11 and was done for the season

and we all saw Gronk gronking around with a limp in the Super Bowl

so having said that, the fact that Prince has a minor one is some good fortune for us ... this week will probably be too soon, but he should be good to go next week, which is sooner than i would have expected

last thing we need is Coe re-aggravating his hammy and Prince re-aggravating his high ankle in this one, despite how important the game is

GameTime
09-13-2012, 09:01 AM
I agree.....I am not convinced he is an upgrade at this point anyway.......
He still has everything to prove.....like a rookie

GMENAGAIN
09-13-2012, 09:09 AM

That is absolutely ridiculous. I am glad that you are not a coach.

TheAnalyst
09-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Man, this kid is limping his way into a bust category. Im not giving up yet, cause I remember how bad CWeb was his first 2-3 seasons, but CWeb wasnt a first round pick and it wasnt because of injuries.

Cloud57
09-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Hearing people say, they were never on board with the Prince pick, i find it kind of ridiculous. The guy was arguably a top 10-15 pick; where we selected him, was a steal by most analyst and scouts. In my opinion, I think most people are just being hasty in their judgement of prince, either because of the ice tub incident, the injuries, or just plain ignorance.

When has he ever performed like a top 10 pick?

El Jefe
09-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Just sit him. Our secondary already has enough question marks without adding injuries to the mix. I'd rather have someone out there who can go.

I won't be as hasty as some who are ready to call him a bust, but the constant injury issues are frustrating. I swear we need to stop drafting corners in the first round.

Dwinsballgames
09-13-2012, 10:07 AM
IDK, it doesn't sound like he'll be anywhere near 100% on Sunday. depending on Coe's hammy, it may be better to sit him.

JB456
09-13-2012, 02:02 PM
IDK, it doesn't sound like he'll be anywhere near 100% on Sunday. depending on Coe's hammy, it may be better to sit him.

I don't know why he would say that. Obviously he would be tested in the game but since he said that, the Bucs will go full bore at him if he plays.

burier
09-13-2012, 04:21 PM
I still think Prince can pan out. But if he doesn't...and I mean once he's healthy...if he can't deliver then we need to take a look at our scouting department because we're having a hard time drafting in the secondary.

Missed on Ross.
Possible miss on KP (In my opinion, if your first pick doesn't get offered a second contract you missed)
And then Prince. That's potentially 3 flat out misses in the secondary with first picks and someone needs to be fired.

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Prince is a bum. You guys should build a medical wing in MetLife just for that guy.

sharick88
09-13-2012, 05:41 PM

Our fans whine about anything and everything. To pass judgement on this guy already is pretty ridiculous.

sharick88
09-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Prince is a bum. You guys should build a medical wing in MetLife just for that guy.

STFU and GTFO

fansince69
09-13-2012, 05:54 PM
When has he ever performed like a top 10 pick?

you mean in the 7-8 games he has played? without the benefit of any training camp....what exactly would a top 10 pick...under those circumstances play like?....just curious what your expectations were/are?

TheAnalyst
09-13-2012, 06:15 PM
I still think Prince can pan out. But if he doesn't...and I mean once he's healthy...if he can't deliver then we need to take a look at our scouting department because we're having a hard time drafting in the secondary.

Missed on Ross.
Possible miss on KP (In my opinion, if your first pick doesn't get offered a second contract you missed)
And then Prince. That's potentially 3 flat out misses in the secondary with first picks and someone needs to be fired.

I think T2s money goes to KP now. We cant have revolving doors like this and expect to be great again.