PDA

View Full Version : Just checking

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Why on Earth do we have 53 actual members online and 147 non members viewing? Just register already and join a discussion. Sorry but I am not a window shopper and I feel anyones' opinion (other than trolls) is better than NO opinion! Just join already and get your **** out there! That is all.

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Why on Earth do we have 53 actual members online and 147 non members viewing? Just register already and join a discussion. Sorry but I am not a window shopper and I feel anyones' opinion (other than trolls) is better than NO opinion! Just join already and get your **** out there! That is all.

Sounds like the attendance numbers to our last home game.

Giantz4Life
09-12-2012, 08:59 PM
People love lurking and just reading the threads. You'll notice that a lot of new members admit they were "long time lurkers, first time posters".

Maybe they get scared away after every time we lose and the board turns into the Apocalypse.

TextureDj
09-12-2012, 09:01 PM

NFL rules Fifty. We can only have 53 members on the roster. when one logs out we are then able to bring one up from the practice squad.

But really, the issue is registrations were closed so long people get used to lurking. It happened to me, was trying to reg. for about 2 years but the system would never send out the validation Emails. when we upgraded and opened registrations again I mad an account but still it took time to get out of lurker mode and find a place to post.

TheEnigma
09-12-2012, 09:04 PM
From an outsider's perspective, this place might seem a little uninviting at times. People do at times bring up join date, lack of posts, and will call you an Eagles/Cowboys fan if your opinion isn't of the "norm". That and I imagine some people just want news links that RF provides.

CowboysSuck
09-12-2012, 09:06 PM
I, too was a long time lurker before I registered in 2003. I lurk for months at a time, even sometimes go a whole year without posting (becuase I forget my password..). So i understand the lurking.

Edit: actually, There were like 2 periods of 1-2 years each where the system WOULD NOT e-mail me my password. I had forgotten it and without the e-mail life-line there was no posting. This server is (was) awful. I got rescued (FINALLY) when these new boards were made. I clicked "i forget my password" typed in my email and BOOM, i got my password emailed to me after trying for ****in YEARS. Unreal..

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
NFL rules Fifty. We can only have 53 members on the roster. when one logs out we are then able to bring one up from the practice squad.

But really, the issue is registrations were closed so long people get used to lurking. It happened to me, was trying to reg. for about 2 years but the system would never send out the validation Emails. when we upgraded and opened registrations again I mad an account but still it took time to get out of lurker mode and find a place to post.

same here, i wanted to join in on the convos, but was only allowed access after the new boards were made

CowboysSuck
09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Wow ok, I thought I was the only one. Looks like the software/network..server..whatever its called was just really ****ty. We will probably get ALOT of new member on this board within the next 6 months. The new boards are up and working (the e-mail system actually works), we just won the SB.. etc etc. I would expect more membership to arrive. Why what I'm saying is relevant; I dont know, I guess it isn't.

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 10:21 PM
well im glad to be here.... i think? lol some strange arguments going on in some threads...

miked1958
09-13-2012, 12:20 AM
People love lurking and just reading the threads. You'll notice that a lot of new members admit they were "long time lurkers, first time posters". Maybe they get scared away after every time we lose and the board turns into the Apocalypse.I lurked for years before I joined in 07. For a lot of the reasons stated in here, but mainly because of my job situation at the time didn't allow a whole lot of time to do anything but eat and sleep. I mainly used these boards form info and updates cause it was the fastest way to learn everything I wanted to know regards to the giants

Toadofsteel
09-13-2012, 12:27 AM
I lurked for about a year before I joined after winning the super bowl. Don't call me a bandwagon though... just because I didn't post here doesn't mean i wasn't a Giants fan.

bbdynasty
09-13-2012, 12:32 AM
I lurked for about a year before I joined after winning the super bowl. Don't call me a bandwagon though... just because I didn't post here doesn't mean i wasn't a Giants fan.

agreed. i don't think anyone here assumes that every giants fan in the country is on these boards though lol

rainierjef
09-13-2012, 12:40 AM
From an outsider's perspective, this place might seem a little uninviting at times. People do at times bring up join date, lack of posts, and will call you an Eagles/Cowboys fan if your opinion isn't of the "norm". That and I imagine some people just want news links that RF provides.
This... Plus who wants to discuss or debate, when the the first thing out of a poster that does not agrees keystrokes are, idiot, stupid, you don't know what your talking about, go join the jets fan-base, ignoramus. If you even come off as knowledgeable its, you think your superior, get off your high horse, thank god you're not our GM, your being condescending, etc. its really not a good atmosphere for debate, too many children and not enough babysitters.

Rudyy
09-13-2012, 12:51 AM
I'm not going to lie, I lurked for a while because I was scared as crap haha. Some people on here just jump on you for saying something. You have good posters and then you have the crazy ones, I just learned to accept that. Besides, some of the stuff I saw on here, I just said to myself omg, I can't just sit back and read, I have to say something.

rainierjef
09-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Besides, some of the stuff I saw on here, I just said to myself omg, I can't just sit back and read, I have to say something.
And those are the world is coming to an end threads. That's how i got baited in as well, back in 09 after the one and done in the playoffs, almost everyone on here wanted coughlin down to eli terminated.

BurnerNYG
09-13-2012, 02:53 AM
I lurked for years before I joined in 07. For a lot of the reasons stated in here, but mainly because of my job situation at the time didn't allow a whole lot of time to do anything but eat and sleep. I mainly used these boards form info and updates cause it was the fastest way to learn everything I wanted to know regards to the giantsEat and sleep... sounds like my life. Thank God for smartphones. I need to hurry up and finish this house I'm working on so I can sell it, relocate and quit that God forsaken job.

Captain Chaos
09-13-2012, 06:15 AM
146 are Buc fans trolling and the other is bored....

SweetZombieJesus
09-13-2012, 07:49 AM
For many years I was a lurker... Back then I was able to contain everything to Sunday and I'd just browse the topics quickly for any news leading into the game.

Getting involved really can be a time-sucking black hole...

miked1958
09-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Eat and sleep... sounds like my life. Thank God for smartphones. I need to hurry up and finish this house I'm working on so I can sell it, relocate and quit that God forsaken job.Hey hows things in good Ole CT?? I was relocated down to the Gulf Coast back in 97. And although I love the weather, the beaches, the slower pace, the friendly people, and the cheaper cost of living, I will always Miss the TRI-State area. i still have a brother up there and dont get up to visit as often as i like.

You mentioned relocation.. where would you go

egyptian420
09-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I too was lurking since 07 before I joined in 09. I always wanted to join the discussion but was too lazy to register. Then the 09' Bill Sheridan season came along and there were some things that I just Had to get off my chest, so I signed up.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I understand now, thank you. I also had that same problem with registering. I burned through 4 or 5 email accts wondering what that whole debacle was.

BurnerNYG
09-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Hey hows things in good Ole CT?? I was relocated down to the Gulf Coast back in 97. And although I love the weather, the beaches, the slower pace, the friendly people, and the cheaper cost of living, I will always Miss the TRI-State area. i still have a brother up there and dont get up to visit as often as i like.

You mentioned relocation.. where would you goI was thinking NC or heading back to VA. CT is cool, I'm just trying to build some financial independence... everything is so expensive up here. We see though....

Mlerman17
09-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Why on Earth do we have 53 actual members online and 147 non members viewing? Just register already and join a discussion. Sorry but I am not a window shopper and I feel anyones' opinion (other than trolls) is better than NO opinion! Just join already and get your **** out there! That is all.I just signed up after lurking for about three years. The reason I never joined was because they would never send out the confirmation emails to me. After about three tries I gave up until today. I look forward to posting a lot more in the future!

miked1958
09-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I was thinking NC or heading back to VA. CT is cool, I'm just trying to build some financial independence... everything is so expensive up here. We see though....You're telling me. The property taxes up there on homes will kill you