PDA

View Full Version : At this point I feel like Beckum is more of a lost cause than Sinorice Moss

NYG4lifeNYK
09-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Sintim would also fit the mold had we not drafted him to play out of position.

I have not the slightest bit of hope for Beckum to stay healthy, to contribute as a TE... if he wasn't on PUP I have to think he would no longer be with us.

I like the guy, he's an educated young man, does good interviews but aside from that he doesn't really offer us anything. He's undersized, struggles with blocking, when he's on the field doesn't contirbute much(aside from that gorgeous play he took into the end zone again the Packers or Patriots?).... When Eli hit him I was in freakin Heaven lol

I wish him all the best as long as he's with us but I have lost all hope he will contribute as a New York Giant.

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 08:12 PM
You are not alone in your thinking

NYG4lifeNYK
09-12-2012, 08:17 PM
You are not alone in your thinking

I wish that weren't the case :(

I never saw a use for him here. I never saw the "wow" with him or even the "ooooohhhh" lol

He's a glorified receiver and he's not very good. I understand he could cause a mismatch for the LBers and safeties but I've never seen it. Would of rather waited for Ballard to heal up....

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I wish that weren't the case :(

I never saw a use for him here. I never saw the "wow" with him or even the "ooooohhhh" lol

He's a glorified receiver and he's not very good. I understand he could cause a mismatch for the LBers and safeties but I've never seen it. Would of rather waited for Ballard to heal up....

He's listed as a tight who's blocking skill set is so bad he's not asked to block. Just get out there and run a route. I call him a WR and he's not very good at that.

G.I. Ants
09-12-2012, 09:00 PM
He doesn't fit the teams offensive scheme. I think he would shine in the Patriots or Bills system. We will see because this most likely will be his last year for big blue.

miked1958
09-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Sintim would also fit the mold had we not drafted him to play out of position.I have not the slightest bit of hope for Beckum to stay healthy, to contribute as a TE... if he wasn't on PUP I have to think he would no longer be with us.I like the guy, he's an educated young man, does good interviews but aside from that he doesn't really offer us anything. He's undersized, struggles with blocking, when he's on the field doesn't contirbute much(aside from that gorgeous play he took into the end zone again the Packers or Patriots?).... When Eli hit him I was in freakin Heaven lolI wish him all the best as long as he's with us but I have lost all hope he will contribute as a New York Giant.He showed some flashes but yea you are right, the guy can't stay healthy. Loved that long catch and run for a td vs GB

FlyingTruck
09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
He doesn't fit the teams offensive scheme. I think he would shine in the Patriots or Bills system. We will see because this most likely will be his last year for big blue.I've been saying this since we drafted him. The Patriots would find a role for him.

appodictic
09-12-2012, 09:24 PM
I've been saying this since we drafted him. The Patriots would find a role for him. Yes waterboy or jock strap holder.

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes waterboy or jock strap holder.

I'm not sure I've ever seen total agreement this far into a thread!!!!!!!!

speed3freak
09-12-2012, 09:47 PM
He and aaron hernandez are virtually clones.... physically at least lol.

Aaron Hernandez's Measurables:
- 6' 3"
- 245 Lbs
- 4.62s 40 Yard Dash
- 30 Bench Reps
- 33" Vertical
- 4.18s 20 Yrd Shuttle
- 6.83s 3-Cone Drill

Travis Beckum's Measurables:
- 6'3" (Same)
- 239 (Lighter)
- 4.60s 40 Yard Dash (Faster)
- 28 Bench Reps (Weaker)
- 38 1/2" Vertical (Better)
- 4.10s 20 Yrd Shuttle (Faster)
- 7.05s 3-Cone Drill (Less Agile)

Flip Empty
09-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Belichick seems intent on replacing every receiver with a tight end, so I wouldn't rule it out.

AntB
09-12-2012, 11:53 PM
It may take a little more time to make the transition from soccer. He seems a little soft. Hire Mike Tyson to work with him a little.

Captain Chaos
09-13-2012, 05:33 AM
I think he just doesn't fit our scheme, not sure why we picked him....

PBTimmons
09-13-2012, 08:24 AM

- 6' 3"
- 245 Lbs
- 4.62s 40 Yard Dash
- 30 Bench Reps
- 33" Vertical
- 4.18s 20 Yrd Shuttle
- 6.83s 3-Cone Drill

- 6'3" (Same)
- 239 (Lighter)
- 28 Bench Reps (Weaker)

His measurables aren't the problem. He was one of the most physically gifted athletes in the country while in highschool...where he peaked. Wisconsin got a hold of Beckum, who if i remember correctly was recruited as a DE. Ever since he came to the NFL the game has always seemed too big for him.

It's not all about measurables and system. Some guys just can't transition to this level.

GMan-67
09-13-2012, 08:53 AM
he has not lived up to expections, not that they were that high to begin with

the only thing i will put out there, is that the league is trending towards TEs now and not your classic, Mark Bavaro, TEs either, so while he has underachieved to this point, im not so ready to write him off yet, b/c he does kinda fit the mold of the modern TE (i.e. not a great blocker, but potentially a better than average receiver for a TE ... he can create matchup problems)

we do need to explore getting some former basketball player TE

burier
09-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Seems random to call out Beckum. He has at least contributed at times...What about Ramses Barden who is apparently big for absolutely nothing. And has shown that all he's good for is running slants in preseason.

jax5338
09-13-2012, 02:47 PM

- 6' 3"
- 245 Lbs
- 4.62s 40 Yard Dash
- 30 Bench Reps
- 33" Vertical
- 4.18s 20 Yrd Shuttle
- 6.83s 3-Cone Drill

- 6'3" (Same)
- 239 (Lighter)
- 28 Bench Reps (Weaker)

i feel like beckum, if he could ever stay healthy, could be a pretty good nfl player but not on the giants in our system. we all know our TEs block first and he is just too undersized to do so in this system. my guess is he'd be a pretty good threat on a team like the pats or packers, who are always spreading it out and throwing to whichever receiver has the best matchup, because he is talented in that regard.

Rat_bastich
09-13-2012, 03:23 PM

- 6' 3"
- 245 Lbs
- 4.62s 40 Yard Dash
- 30 Bench Reps
- 33" Vertical
- 4.18s 20 Yrd Shuttle
- 6.83s 3-Cone Drill

- 6'3" (Same)
- 239 (Lighter)
- 28 Bench Reps (Weaker)

Measurables are overrated. If we went by them you wouldn't have had players like Jessie Tuggle, Sam Mills, Darrell Green, Barry Sanders, Joe Morris, Emmitt Smith and half the defensive ends that play at linebacker size today.

It's his inability to stay healthy and possibly heart that affects him.

BlueSanta
09-13-2012, 04:18 PM
I love it when someone assumes because a guy is as good on paper at the combine , he is as good or could be as good in the NFL. It shows ignorance.

Beckum's failure is all boiled down to 1 thing, he does not create the mismatch he was intended to create. Aaron Hernandez does create it VERY well.

If you put a LB on Aaron, he will toast the guy deep. If you put a small DB he will out physical the guy. He is also a decent blocker compared to other guys at his position(H-Back)

If you put a LB on Beckum, Beckum will likely do well too. But, if you put a DB on him, he will NOT out physical the guy because Beckum simply isnt a physical player. He is also a VERY poor blocker and is actually a liability compared to other guys who can play that position. So naturally, defenses just use Dbs to cover him. If teams are only going to use a nickle defense when he comes in the game, and he isnt better at runblocking than our slot wrs, why exactly would we ever put him in the game?